Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fare Thee Well OOC

Fare Thee Well OOC

OOC After a lot of consideration, I have found out that it's time for me to move on. AO over the past few months has sadly just been a long drawn out soap opera that I don't care to see the ending to. I've made friends, enemies..a whole lot of em.. and have seen and heard more problems than I care to think about, both in character and out of character from various peoples within the community. It basically comes down to being rather burned out with putting up with it all...I am sure you are all wondering wth I am talking about, I don't really want to get into it though cause it would cause a LOT of flaming. I will say that it has become more work and less fun. 2 years, I have seen a lot of changes to this game, some good, some bad. There just comes a point where you have to ask yourself "how many more eel/and or mercenary raids do I have to go to?...does it really matter overall? OR "haven't I roleplayed this story before? a dozen times over under a different name?" Monotony I guess has set in..and yes yes I know what you're going to say, it will happen to any game eventually, well maybe you are right, I know it will but life is about evolution and changes and it's time for me to take that step onward.

This seemed the logical choice for me, as lately I have loathed even logging into AO. I of course don't blame anyone for any of it, I just feel I have personally exhausted all outlets of enjoyment. Only so long a person can yap about sentinels before it starts getting tired...regardless of how lexus feels about them, nothing will change, the world won't move, much less the sentinels actually gaining their own political voice. This post is by no means about sentinels though, just a player who's been worn out in such a static environment. Hopefully greener pastures exist elsewhere where a player can actually forge the political landscape of their environment. It may be here already..we shall see. This is not really one of those long drawn out goodbyes like you see so often on these boards..more like a... "until I get my interest back" posts. I'll be cancelling my account though to avoid the charges..and maybe if shadowlands breathes new life back into the game I'll be back, but until then I'll be juggling daoc and shadowbane..if anyone plays either, in daoc you can find me on albion percival, just look up morganae, and if you play sb, look on the mourning server for vyconia..would love to rp with ya! anyway, i've said too much already...and no you can't have my stuff.
    Last edited by Lexusstreak; Mar 28th, 2003 at 11:16:57.
    "Did I tell you that you could speak?....then why are you still talking?."

((Safe travels to you Lexus. I hope you have fun in whatever you'll be doing outside here... ^_^))
    Jen Markarian - Put the weirdness back in Omni-Mining
    Updating my stories -- 19/03/08. Going slowly, but certainly
    Anarchy Reloaded - AO webcomics for the sake of being silly

I never want to lose what I have finally found
    There's a requiem
    A new congregation
    And it's telling me: go forward and walk
    Under a brighter sky
    -- Delerium, Euphoria --

RubiKa is losing a unique and different voice. Goodbye Lexus, and good luck in future endeavors.

/pray
    - Szentasha
    Leader of Unity of the Rose

AOScripter 2.0 If you need a script, you need AOScripter!

*** Remove Social Armor Restrictions Today !!!

((It happens, Lexus. I'm sorry to see you go as even though we didn't run across each other ingame but a few times, I always enjoyed reading your posts. Maybe you'll renew your interest some day or maybe you won't. Either way, have fun whatever you end up doing - having fun is what it's all about. ))
    Janella "Nevver" McCallagher
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»
    Why settle for less when you can oppress?

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
    "Nevver: Like the thing that hides in your closet. But worse." - Gueve

Also known as...
    Jacquelynn "Kaitakait" Moscardelli
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

OOC

Well it's a been an interesting time with you Lexy. I truely hope you find what your looking for. You have my msn...for when your not busy. And..WHY CAN'T I HAVE YOUR STUFF!? Heheh..just kidding.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

OOC

Sadly enough I know how you feel. Im sad to see you go, especially when I was trying to "mold" this final attempt at a rp character in AO after the "mean ruthless B**ch "that Lexy is...with a bit less of a political stance...

I have never really interacted with you in game with any characters but I have ENJOYED your post so much... I can't even tell you how many times I've sit back jaw dropped , then cracked up cause your characters IC comments. I will of course miss that the most...

Good Luck to you... and know that regardless of the good and bad that you've encountered . You will be missed.

awww thanks really appreciate the sentiment, don't worry though, I'll post to the boards as long as they let me and stay up to date on the happenings of RK and add my 2 cents here and there..I mean I spend more time here than actually in game anyway. lol
    "Did I tell you that you could speak?....then why are you still talking?."

Hope to see you around - here or elsewhere - in the future, Lex.

Take care.
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

Take care Lex, and have fun.
    Delia "Aerinyi" Jett
    General of Whisper's Edge
    Atlantean

Good luck Lexus.. Will miss you much...
    ~*~ Nanoprincess ~*~
    Katelin Cyani Kerans

Damn, now its just Cem we can argue and yell at for evilness. Oh... sorry Cem

Have fun, though I wouldn't expect it in SB. Beta tested it and I didn't like it. If you read some of the beta reviews (which are legal since they released us from the NDA... big mistake ) you might agree. But anyway, I hope its fun for you. Thanks for the arguments
    Bliqz: "anything Uwen says is a vicious and ugly lie"

Take care Lex! It was fun having you wanting me dead.
    The Deacon of Doom
    www.gridstream.org

Seems MMORPGs all tend to lose their flavor after a while. I'm starting to get a bit burned out myself, but I'm trying to hang in there for shadowlands, which I really think is the right direction for this game. New features, actual QUESTS instead of supermobs and camping, new areas, etc.

I gotta commend you for not bashing funcom in all of this. I think they made a wonderful game that captivated my interest for a lOOOooOoo00ng time. We all get burned out eventually. Take some time off, maybe you'll be back in shadowlands.

In the meantime, I wish you the best in your endeavors.
    Nanomage: The OTHER other white meat

(Peace.)
    Peace.

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

Take care, you mean-spirited wench.
    Lauri
    Cookiemonger

The Original GSP Groupie

The Queen is dead...Long live the Queen.

PS. I agree with Uwen on SB...Big thumbs down.
    Bliqz, Agent, Omni, Atlantean, "Iron Chef of Rubi-Ka"
    God is a bullet.

((The IC only RP forum is back. Bliqz is an Omni Extremist, and his posts IN THAT FORUM reflect that attitude. I can be reached by PM if you feel I have personaly offended you, and I will be happy to change/temper my post. Thank you, and have fun!))

((It's hard to be the bad guy. Hope to seeya in some other game. ))
    ~~~~~
    Katelin "Missmaul" Locknane -Sloooowly climbing her way out of the dank pits of gimpness. But stil crazy. Ya know...just in case you cared.

((Your controversial voice will be missed Lex. Best of luck and have fun wherever you go, perhaps we'll see you again with Shadowlands. Oh, and from what I hear about SB, you might want to give it a long time to mature, from what I hear it's a comedy of errors at the moment.))

((SB has had 5 years to mature.... I think thats long enough. If they haven't go it right by now, its not gonna happen))
    Bliqz: "anything Uwen says is a vicious and ugly lie"

Oh darn!

Dammit...another former Mercury Dragon leaving the planet...roleplayers are leaving in mass...someone better stop this, and soon.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast