Thread: The forecast says no more blitzing. Now what of the doctors?

Question The forecast says no more blitzing. Now what of the doctors?

It's all too obvious that blitzing is on its way out. From the way the community reps talk, I can tell blitzing missions will soon (if not already) no longer be a viable option. With fixers chain rooting from 8 rooms away I find myself wondering, what is to become of the non-combat profession? Doctors, at current, are dependent on blitzing missions for income. I know we could get a lot of cash from selling plasma, but more and more combat classes are mooching monster parts from parties. I rarely walk away from a good hunt with more than 8 monster parts. That said, will there be a provision made for us non-combat docs to maintain a suitable income? And even if we can get an income, what of gear? Were it not for blitzing missions I'd be wearing Cyber armor still. I know there have been talks of trade-related missions, but those are so far on the back burner, my fog settings keep it from view.

I've also heard /whispers of each class getting forms of roots and / or tames. While it strikes me as a cute idea, it does me no good if I'm having to tame the fixers who are chain rooting me.

I implore you, don't make it any harder for the %100 dependant profession to live on Rubi Ka. We've lost far too many doctors to the meta phys pets. Lets end that procession right now.
    Last edited by Mekura; Feb 15th, 2002 at 04:39:42.

Please consider giving us more things to do...
    More ways to have fun...
    More options for our time spent on Rubi Ka.
    Before you take away something.

Now is not the time to force players down an ever narrower path.
    Please.