Thread: When Borgs Attack

When Borgs Attack

Recently I have born witness to a few events pertaining to attacks by Borg forces.

My first encounted was with a Sentinel in Tir. Sentinel Abrigan had announced that there was a meeting between Omni-Pol and some Clan Mercenaries in Tir. Omni-Pol doesnt belon in Tir no matter who is controlling it, so I decided to give the thugs a hand.

I located the meeting, and informed the Sentinel of its location. Having done so, we killed the Clan Mercenaries, and captured the Omni-Pol member. Her name was 2nd Leiutenant Jacia. She told us that she had been meeting with the Clan Mercs to talk about Borg attacks on Athen. I had not heard of such attacks, so I thought it to be OP propaganda. A couple weeks went by, and I got an announcement from the Knights of Camelot.

The Knights had lost a patrol out in Avalon. And needed help from Clanners to investigate. A large group of Clanners headed out with the Knights and we found their comrades dead, killed by Borgs.

Only a few days later the Knights summoned the aid of the Clans again. This time to strike at the heart of the Borgs in Avalon. We went to their base. Surrounded and outgunned we retreated back to Avalon a few valiant fighters from Redemption and Arion (me) stayed to hold off the Borgs so others could escape.

My question is, could this be indicative of a threat from the Borgs? Is this something that we as Clanners should worry about?

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

Ben,

We at RUR have also been having problems with cyborgs. There have been a number of incidents now where borgs have attacked our bots and stripped them for parts. I don't know if there is a link, but we would grateful if you kept us posted on any further developments on the cyborg front.

And while I am at it, I would like to state for the record that if anyone should find RUR components on hostile cyborgs, you can be certain said parts were obtained illegally. RUR does not trade with or supply parts to the cyborgs.

Dabblez
    Last edited by Savoy; Mar 28th, 2003 at 13:48:28.
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

I joined the war party to the cyborg barracks as well.
    Everything was going well as we fought our way towards their base .. It seemed like a cakewalk at first.
    But as Ben said, when we got there, we were heavily outnumbered and heavily outgunned.

The cyborgs are definetly a threat, and a threat we should deal with as soon as possible.
    They've proven how dangerous they are, and I hope we can deal with them before they get yet another chance.
    Didymus - Solitus Trader, Member of Instability

Member's of Whisper's Edge also supported the attacks against mounting borg opposition.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

I was wondering if anyone had any information I dont. Or am I pretty muchn on top of this one?

Exclamation

Howdy. As I see it, yes, the cyborgs do indeed pose a growing threat to not only the Clans but all human life on Rubi-ka. I've spent many days reconnoitering cyborg holdouts, and perusing news articles regarding cyborg attacks. Thus far I've seen the cyborg base in Tir County where there is evidence of scientist being held against their will (my team was unable to rescue them). I've heard reports of people disappearing in Perpetual Wastes, where there is a significant cyborg presence.
    I have seen the ruined facility on the rim of Mort Crater, which bears evidence of having been an Omni-Tek facility. It seems the cyborgs now claim ownership. Under this facility are 2 complexes that are crawling with unaligned personnel who are hostile to any interlopers entering. I've speculated on their presence (as I was unable to question any, they simply opened fire on my team) and must wonder, are they volunteers for cyborg conversion, or supporting the cyborgs in some way? There is also what appears to have been at one time an outpost to the north-northwest of Mort Crater that the cyborgs have seized control of. There is also some kind of cave complex under that camp that I was able to sneak into. For what reason would the cyborgs take control of a bunch of tents over a cave complex in the middle of nowhere? (I was unable to explore the caves due to the presence of things worse than the cyborgs.)

All indications are, the cyborgs don't care about Omni-Tek or Clan or Neutral. If you are not cyborg, you will be destroyed.
    Perhaps even made to be cyborg (after all, they have to be getting personnel from somewhere...).

Thank you for your time.

((Sorry to get your thread slightly off-topic Ben (gomen!) but when I first read the topic, I had flashbacks of those shows on Fox: When Pets go Bad part 5, When Criminals strike part 11, When Inanimate Objects Kill Part D......

....I can see it now..... "When Borgs Attack: The Humorous Outakes!))
    Janeen "Kyrstina" Gabriel - Level 127 Adventurer - Squad Commander, Whisper's Edge
    ------------
    Check out my armor set I'm working to have one day.....and I'm pretty darn close now (or better) ^_^

(lol Kyrstina, that was kinda the point silly )

Thanks for the info Uvell.

*Chuckles* Soon.. Very soon you will all see.
    Despite everything in the end I was a Fixer and I can say it was hell of a ride.

Cyborgs attempted, repelled by clans, a strike on Old Athen almost 2 years ago. Cyborgs had also attempted a raid on Omni-HQ, shortly after the Athen raid. Clan and Omni-Tek worked together to stop the Omni-HQ assault.

There was also a rumor in the past couple weeks that the cyborgs would, again, attempt another attack on Athen. The cyborgs did not raid on the day they were rumored to attack.

Receintly, a cyborg outpost was destroyed in Wailing Wastes by a joint clan (99% being clan) and Omni effort. The cyborgs were removed along with their experimental cannon.

The cyborg threats have always been dealth with swiftly by clan and Omni-Tek. I hardly consider them a threat or something we should worry about. But, we should always keep our eye on them to 'put them back in their place' like we've done time and time again when they make any such forward advances.

Yes Jacia had warned of attacks on Athen. Attacks that didnt happen. I dont know anything about this Cannon of which you speak. Could you give any more information Cemetarygate?

The cannon was much like the Carte Blanche Liberator MK IIIs we have in Athen and Mort. Same level of proficiency. First time I've seen the cyborgs with such weaponry. I don't recall the exact label they placed on the cannon, but do recall "experimental" or "prototype" as being part of the name.

Yesterday I was accompanying a contingent of Omni-Tek employees into the Perpetual Wastes to investigate, what we thought would be a small enclave of commonplace cyborgs. Upon arrival we set up camp outside of what seemed to be a military installation in surprisingly good repair relative to the rest of the wastes, as this was largly unfamilar territory we brought along ample support in the form of a Scourge-class Slayerdroid as well as a full combat contingent of Omni-Tek personel. Our presence was not welcome, yet all went well as we were able to draw the cyborgs out in small groups. We noted, however, that these particular cyborgs were more resilient in combat as well as more resistant to psychological manipulation than the ones we had previously combated in Mort. After the first waves had subsided the cyborgs seemed to enter a less agressive state in which they appeared to retreat further into the facility. Seeing this development as a prime opportunity to conduct a close examination of the instalation we entered and encountered token resistance. As we skirmished with one particular contingent of cyborgs we noticed that their battle tactics had undergone a major shift, instead of attacking separate targets they focused and attacked cohesively, focusing primarily on our healers and "crowd control" personel despite the fact that the Slayerdroid was the one doing the majority of the damage. It was only though the prudent actions of a fixer that accompanied us that we managed to evacuate without significant loss of life. Upon returning to the installation we once again found that the exterior of the base was eerily quiet while observations from the air revealed little as the cyborgs reacted quite violently to the presence of aircraft and attempted to shoot down any interlopers.

I advise all Omni-Tek personel to avoid that particular region of the Wastes unless accompanied by adequate support as the cyborgs are apparently, and inexplicably, much more resilient and coordinated than those commonly found in Mort. While their ferocity in combat is terrible enough it is pales in comparison to their uncanny organization and ability to attack cohesively.

I will have to go take a look out in PW at their facility.

Hmm...
    I shall have to conduct some recon of my own. Previous information uncovered was disturbing enough, in my estimation, but this only seems to support my feelings on the cyborg matter.
    Whatever force is behind them, it seems upgrades have been placed on their troops. Further information I gathered indicates that these cannon's being developed at this facility were to be made mobile. It seems the cyborgs are not content to sit idly in their bases and launch an attack or two here and there. Likely the previous assaults were probing attacks to gauge defenses and responses from the defenders of the target areas.
    I have a bad feeling that these new improved cyborgs will be making another appearance in the future.
    -Uvell, Clan soldier of the Rollerrats guild

"There is no problem that cannot be solved through the application of sufficient firepower."

"To defeat a hundred foes in a hundred battles is not the epitome of skill. To defeat your opponent without ever having fought him, that is the epitome of skill."
    -Sun Tzu

Well today is my wedding so I dont think I will be going out to PW today. But I will get out there asap and scout around.