Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ex-GP Core, Who's still around?

Talking Hehe...

It would seem that my return is ordained by the gods or something... Now I have to come back He just plain 'ole hates, Dave that is, so taht could be fun. Actually talked to Throll today, over comms... Interesting that too..
    "I wont let my precious comrades die..."
    207|11 Equimon Solitus Soldier
    150|0 Wildcardz Atrox Enforcer
    092|0 Bloodnerve Solitus Doctor
    075|0 Layered Opifex Meta-Physist
    030|0 Gunpriest Solitus Ranged Keeper Gunpriest Chronicles <- Currently Under Construction

Smile

Equi,
    Just found this thread.

I'm still on and Vladimeir is too.

Always good to talk to you. Terramahaute (may have butchered the spelling) is still around but he mainly plays Nerfmeee. I've seen a few other old GPCers too. Almite & Sgtdsu are also still around.

Londo
    Londomollari, level 220 engie

Cool ..

Fancy :P
    030|0 Gunpriest Solitus Ranged Keeper Gunpriest Chronicles <- Currently Under Construction

GP Core

Is back in business

Yes, it's true, we are back in business, and currently working on getting everything set up to a way they should be.

If interested in joining us, please contact either me or Geneticus in-game.

See you all soon
    Thangaratna - 220/27 Finalizer

Proud veteran of Punk

Just that the old GP Core was not "Grid Phreakers Core", but "Great Paladine Core" If i remember correctly
    Director "Meister"
    President, Omni-Pol
    Level 207 Omni-Tek Dictator
    Meister's Reinforced Suit - Bureaucrats may be gimps, but at least we know how to look good.
    Account Created: 2001-06-27 23:07:32

That's true, we are back under a new name, but the same GP Core though

Proud veteran of Punk

It WILL never be the same as GP Core.
    And I don't want Grid Phreakers Core to be assosiated with the name of GP Core, since it's legally dead. By me, the Founder...

Period. Great Paladine Core is GP Core. Not Grid Phreakers Core.

/me kills all paladins

There see, I killed paladins, chopped yer heads clean off like an org goblin jedi and whatever...

Now you can go back to drinking beer!

Where's the ladies though?

Ukblizzard Good luck guys..........

Ah there it is ;p

/puke

Originally posted by Equimon Darr
    It WILL never be the same as GP Core.
    And I don't want Grid Phreakers Core to be assosiated with the name of GP Core, since it's legally dead. By me, the Founder...

Period. Great Paladine Core is GP Core. Not Grid Phreakers Core.
    Ok, seems this needs to be adressed, since Equimons ignorance knows no boundaries.

The original "Great Paladine Core (GP Core)" was correctly founded by Equimon, and under his command until he just left the game and not passing leadership over to anyone else. A good gesture? Hardly. He left the guild suffering from this.

We decided to disband the original GP Core and found a new GP Core (GPC) under Ukblizzard for the guild to function as a guild should. However the new name for this guild is "Grid Phreakers Core" under Geneticus rule. And whatever he wants to name his guild is his business and not yours, Equimon. And I find it strange that you would go bashing his guild in public this way, it makes you look really bad. I couldn't care less what the guild is called, as the people in it is what makes a good guild.

"It's MY guild, MINE I tell you" that's the feeling I get from reading your post Equimon...the dictator that you are. Hopefully Meister will set you straight from his "boot camp". Even though you're not the sharpest knife in the shed, I hope you know what I mean.

/ignore Equimon
    Last edited by Thangaratna; Jul 6th, 2003 at 06:19:14.

Proud veteran of Punk

--------------------Begin Transmission--------------------

Hmmm, I guess I need to step in here and say a few words.

It's Gene or Geneticus, or Mega, whatever you want to call me by.
    As Notum Wars was heating up I had some things going on that led to me leaving the game for a time, most of these were for the better, but that left me with finnancial constraints. I came in and Got a tell from Uk that the rest of the guild that was left was splitting up and going , mostly, to Omni-Pol. Unsure of my future I asked UK to pass Leadership of the, at the time, alt and inactive guild to me, with the promise that I would resurect it in the future.

A little over a month ago I came back to planet to start exploring again. and Immediately was greeted by the last cadre asking me if I was going to get the ball rolling again. Which after some thought I decided I should.

A little history for those that forget. I was brought on board for my ability "out of game" as a web host and that function brought me several opportunities within the guild. As the point of contact for much of what went on out of game, I made friends fast.

We had many discussions as a group with what to do about the guild. Equimon left for his RL obligations without passing the mantle of leadership to anyone, and then bypassing his chosen VP (Thrak) for another. This caused a bit of alienation within the ranks, as no one was quite sure who was "really" in charge.
    Between Thrak and UK existed the authority. But lacking any power to back it up.

That combined with the constant talk of "moving" to SWG when it was released left the rest of us feeling a bit disposable.
    After much discussion the decision was made to disband and reform under a different (but similar) name.
    This put an end to the recruitment and retention problems we had been experiencing and moved us from 15 actives to close to 60 within a month or so.

This boom came to an end when Notum Wars came out. All of the guilds were eating each other for territory and the LFG spots became almost berift of life. This is when I said goodbye.

Since I have been back I have gotten in touch with most of the people I knew in both GP Core and GPCore. This includes Equimon. We talked a little after I came back about the guild and what GPCore was. He told me to disband it, which I politely declined. I changed the name of the Guild because it did belong to him. Not in a legal sense, (who can legally own an imaginary group inside of a computer game.....maybe FC...) but in an emotional sense.

The only issue I had was that the domain name I owned was GPCore.com and I wasn't quite finnancially ready to acquire a name for MY labour of love. So for the time bieng I would try to get as far away from the old GPC names as I could while bieng able to fit it in with the domain name that I possesed.

I have recieved much encouragement from all of the old gang and Equimon and I are not at war, nor do I wish us to be. We talk when we are both on, and that is the extent of it.

Now, I don't spend as much time in the official forums as you all seem to. So it took me a while to find this thread. There is a bit of a misunderstanding here that I blame my self for.

1. Equimon has every right to defend the name and the reputation that he worked hard to build.

2. I apologize that I didn't layout my plans in as much detail as necessary. No one knew of the communication that I had with Equimon and in retrospect I should have made it known.

Whatever the name of the Guild is, it is still GPC at heart. Not because it "currently" shares the name. If there is one thing that i learned in my time with GPC it was that the guild was never about the name or the cleverly written history, or the look of it's web site. It was about the people. The people made GPC what it was. My hat goes off to Equimon for bringing us together and I see the former members in my friends list with longing wishing that we were still together. But we aren't. Things have changed in the last year. Rubi-ka is not what it once was.

The fight is taking on a new dimension (literally). There are new players and new chalenges to be over come. That is why I am going off on my own. I would hope that the New Core will capture that which was best in the old orgs, while remaining flexibile enough to meet the challenges of existense in the Shadowlands. As I said in Private meetings with the current roster before I sent the invite: "This is not Equimon's GPCore. I do not know if he wil truly come back, but I would hope that we will be allies and not competitors."

I still hold true to this statement. If I didn't believe that I wouldn't have my forums open to Equimon or anyone ese from outside the guild. I have nothing to hide and Equimon has nothing to fear from me.

As it stands right now The guild is open for recruitment and a name change is on it's way. ( I think I'll have the cash free sometime after July)

It will be heavily integrated into SL for story purposes. It will continue to be an RP guild through it's setting. I have done away with some of the things that I felt held us back in the past. My head hurts, remembering all the rules we tried to come up with just to keep track of who was active and who was an alt. I have been building that mechanisim into the site, not as a rule, but as it's design. I have made changes to the structure because it's rather sily to have a division with three people in it at lvl 30, 100, and 200. They can't group together etc... I have totally scrapped some of the things that drove people from participating in meetings etc. There is no Uniform requirement for me. I'm heavily buffed into my equipment and I'm not taking it off unless i'm upgrading it. :-P I know many of you felt the same way before...

If you want to drop by and chat in the forums I have left a position open for former GPC members, all are welcome. If you would like to contribute and build something for your self you are welcome as well. We won't be hitting high gear until SL is released as I anticipate a large influx of of players new to AO, if the "I'm so uber leets" don't scare em away from beta. and that is where I expect the guild to see new growth along side the expansion.

I hope that my intentions and my commitment is clear, both by the words I have said as well as the sheer number of them
    Happy Hunting to all! See you in the Grid............

--------------------End Transmission--------------------

Whoa, ancient post! Anyhow, thanks for the kind words Gene!

And to bring this up from dead again:

Who is still around?

Talking

/wave

I'm back after a really miserable experience with SWG. I'm trying to relearn all of the ropes again and find a new guild that does AI stuff (and I still need implants, yes the ones I was trying to replace from 2 years ago :P)
    I saw Reginlief(?) last night. that was the first person I came across from the old gang in 3 days.
    "Do not try to bend the spork with your mind, instead try to realize, there is no spork"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12