Thread: Avec Leet Art - Sunday 30 19:00 GMT

Avec Leet Art - Sunday 30 19:00 GMT

RUR, Rubi-Ka Universal Robots, cordially invites our friends and customers to a private guided tour of the "Avec Leet" Collection.
    This is a key retrospective of Rubi-Kan painting between 29,415 - 29,450.

The event will be at the The Modigliani Art Gallery, in Omni-Trade
    High Rise 18 (near the exit to Lush Fields) on Sunday 30, 19:00 GMT. Please note, once the tour has started late-comers will not be admitted.

The tour will be conducted by Modigliani himself. If you more info please send Dabblez or Modigliani a tell or just show up on the day in Omni Trade, HR 18.

Below is extract from the exhibition's catalogue.

"Between 29,415 and 29,450 a group of Rubi-Kan painters produced a series of works collectively known as the 'Avec Leet' school. The goal of this artistic movement was quite simple, to revisit the works of the Old Masters in Rubi-Kan key by introducing leets. In essence this can be seen as the Rubi-Kan artists taking possession and control of their cultural heritage. While this premise has often been dismissed by critics as 'shallow' or 'provincial' what really brought this movement to life was the sheer genius of its main exponents, like Tinka and J.J. Eek."

/ooc
    I have not done an in-game tour of the Avec Leet gallery in quite some time, mainly because Modigliani and his gallery were on my second, cancelled, account. But as FunCom has reactivated these account as part of it March Notum War promotion, I thought it would be nice to give it one last go. Although the "paintings" have been available on the SRS site for a year or so, I've always felt the interactive tour was a lot of fun, well, fun in a slow, wordy sort of way.

This event requires both an AO session and open Web browser at
    http://rubika.no-ip.com/srs/srsart00.htm No peeking though, unless you want to spoil the surprise.
    Last edited by Savoy; Mar 27th, 2003 at 12:55:49.
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Talking Go Go Avec Leet!!!

As one who has taken the tour previously, I most heartily and warmly recommend that those out there consider this option. It is great, and very, very humerous!

Go Avec Leet!

This is an event not to be missed. I have seen prints of the collection, and I have to say it is quite impressive.
    Bliqz, Agent, Omni, Atlantean, "Iron Chef of Rubi-Ka"
    God is a bullet.

((The IC only RP forum is back. Bliqz is an Omni Extremist, and his posts IN THAT FORUM reflect that attitude. I can be reached by PM if you feel I have personaly offended you, and I will be happy to change/temper my post. Thank you, and have fun!))

Since I belong to the Clan faction I regret to say that I'll not be attending the exhibition. Trade District police tend to be overzealous in suspecting that all Clanners who visit the city are conducting espionage activities. I have seen prints of the collection, however. My personal favorite is Tinka's Le Dejeuner sur l'herbe avec Leet. Leets in a wilderness setting are the most visually appealing and this painting expertly portrays that setting. The leet is shown in a lonely posture, and when juxtaposed with the three closely grouped humans in the center this is particularly evident. We can also see a fourth human in the background, separated from the other people; there is a sense of loneliness in this figure as well. Perhaps Tinka is trying to indicate that solitary humans and solitary leets have something in common and can coexist peacefully in the wilderness.

w00t w00t! Goooo leet! j00 roxxors!
    Freshman Suppah Mistadrain Man - Lowbie Trader PvP and Subway Twink
    Freshman Sodapop Mistapibb Man - Lowbie Enforcer PvP Twink