Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What Is With The 3 Super Tankers At Beginning Of Missions!

Thumbs down AO will die because of its community.

Bah I don't know where to start. This thread went on for 19 posts now. Not a single person made a single effort to explain where my mistake lie, despite the fact I described clearly what my tactic was. Instead all posts, and allow me to summarize, insist on flaming me, like if everyone of you truly believed it would have an effect on me. I mean this is truly beyond me. I just don't understand where your anger and soul sadness comes from.

I mean lets take "Seishin" statement for example. He'd judge someone's innovation through AO. That's his/her post main driving idea.

"Gibeon". His/her whole post revolves around how he/she did not experience such a problem. Instead of offering a solution however, he/she reduces my post to "This sucks, I quit" which in itself is wrong. I won't go into details for I think his/her post doesn't deserve more than 30 seconds of my time. However, I'd say this: "Share your genius". You can't imagine how positive is that until you actually do it. By the way, there is a search feature in this forum, so I do my homework before stating my opinion about someone. The last sentence of your last post say it all, and I quote: "read the forums, learn what works with your character, what doesnt. Learn the best tactics, and how to succeed." How helpful!

Do you people even realize what you are saying? If you don't, let me help you. Nothing. Yes nothing. For the last 19 posts not a single one poster said anything interesting, once again despite the fact I described clearly where my problems were. Now if you truly cared about this game, you'd help. Deep inside of you however, you cannot wait for AO to disappear. A least that's the feeling I get out of reading this forum.

As my title states, it's not me that will kill AO. My little 13 bucks are just a drop in the bucket. It's the community as a whole that will destroy this game existence. Everyone seems to be so angry and sad. It's just beyond me.

I thought I would get your attention by stating "I closed my account yesterday, and swore to never come back until I read in plain English that this 3 mob first room was fixed." Unfortunately, I seem to have attracted only those chronic flamers and griefers.

Regards,

P.S: Kraimer you are on the right track, keep it up. Trust me it does really help to actually relax. Always know that you are entitled to disagree with someone. You don't need however to insult that person to make a point. You actually loose your point by flaming.

Use a decent weapon people!

(FC - redo armor)
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Cool

I agree that the 3 mob opening room is very harsh. I normally don't even attempt solo missions any more just because they take too much time. Setting the difficulty to 60% or so to make sure I don't have any grey mobs in the mission, I find myelf facing 3 yellows or 3 oranges in the first room. As an enforcer, I don't have any calms or roots so when I get one of them, I get them all. I normally have to zone several times to kill all 3 and they do heal at the same time I do. Do I feel gimped? Not at all! I can kill most oranges and some reds in missions without having to zone. (NT mobs being the exception) I don't really understand the 3 mob idea that FC has come up with in missions. I also think that mobs are designed in response to the players that push their characters to the limits of ability. I am lvl 155 and have a ql 200 weapon, ql 200 armor and ql 200 implants. I think that overequipping is the only thing that keeps me alive. Were I to have ql 150ish implants and a weapon that was close to my same range, I would be in sad shape.

As MikeBond stated, the AC system needs to be fixed on mobs and HP system as well. It is amazing to me that I can hit a mob for 25,000 hp and it will still be alive. There is no player in the game that can match that playing solo with only self buffs.

I am not about to quit, nor am I seeking advice on handling multiple mobs solo. (I have spend plenty of time on the shelf ) I think that making this huge hurdle in the beginning of missions is not needed and would like to see it reduced.
    O b i t u s Atrox Clan Enforcer My trade skill? Smackin' stuff till it cries! Obi's Rig
    Unit Memer of S t o r m

Never Forget

Bitter toast

Hmmn, i thought i was offering advice... Basic advice, sure, but lobbies, while tricky, can be managed by ANY class. But others besides toast have expressed some interest in how to handle them, so i will go into greater detail.

Look, single pulling is quite possible, and if you screw it up, you can always zone and try again. As I mentioned in my apparently useless post, it can be done is 99% of the missions i have tried over the last 140 lvls.

Basicially, the key is to get seen by a mob. If you attack, you will pull all 3. If you are not a melee class, you need to go full defensive, so you will not automatically return fire. This requires patience sometimes, since they have to be somewhat separated. But they do not need to be as separated as you might imagine, especially if the other mob is not facing you. You also have to be able to move the slider bar back later -- if you have a very slow connection this might mean zoning then immediately rezoning.

If you screw up and pull two, immediately zone. If you are quick enough, often only one willl have successfully made it into the room. If not, you need to start over.

You will need to pull it out of the visual range of the other mobs. So fight to the side of the door, deep enough inside so that the door does not remain open.

Again, if you cannot beat a single one of them, even using the zone, then you need to work on damage output, or other features of your character.

Other tactics depend entirely on class -- roots and snares can make things easier if you have them, as can the calms. You can use roots to split a pair of mobs, e.g. or snare and the zone. This is more effective after you have killed the initial member of the triad.

Again, missions are often much more rewarding in pairs or trios. Find a partner, or a guild. But soloing is possible, as long as you can handle each mob individually. There is some randomness about how hard any given mission will be on any setting -- pull 3 at a time in the same area, and if it is more than you can handle, just go to the next one.

Once again, hope this helps someone ^^

toast

this is not a continued flame, which you are so quick to make the accusation of...

but my posts were not directed at you, they were at stormscout and everyone else that says something isnt the way they like it so they quit. you come across with this high and mighty attitude like what we say or think doesnt matter. soo.... what more is there for me to say?

the first two replys to scouts initial post had some helpful advice. then i offered some more advice.

I apologize if you feel that my message was full of "hate and sorrow". Maybe I was having a bad day... maybe I was frustrated with all the AO bashers and their pessimistic, inconsolable, hopeless attitude that just slings mud and profanities at Funcom like its this big bully that steals your lunch money.

I dont know, and like you keep saying, I dont care. I just want people to lighten up, enjoy the game, and keep playing. i want to see improvements and story content continue to be added for the next year or two at least. I want my level 80 to be able to reach a point where i can see and do everything... (and please dont say that you get that at 120, and high level content sucks). if I max out my ma my 120, then I will play another character to there, because I enjoy the game, my friends, etc.

The best tactic toast for dealing with three mobs int he first room is pulling one. I know it can be done, because I myself have done it more times then naught. Have your def all the way down, use mobs line of sights, get one mob to aggro you, go back to the corner of the first room before attacking, wait till he is there and the door closes then attack.

if that doesnt work, zone and try again.
    if there are still two or three in the first room, try to take one down, zoning when you need to.

if you are a soldier, right? what level are you? What level gun do you use?

I commend your efforts to try and use a different gun for a different shield. thats not going to get you much though.

the common thought (and I dont play a soldier... well, i did, but I gimped him so bad that when i was a 30, I had no nanos and was using two sleekblaster pistols... )

is that soldiers should use a nova at all times. if you want, you can switch it out with a flashpoint for the massive burst/full auto, but this doesnt allow you to over equip your gun.

I have played an enforcer. I have taken the time to get the best items and gear for my level. I have maxed his 2hb, brawl, evade classic, evade ranged, strength, stamina, body developement, treatment. i have really good implants for my level, that i needed a treatment suit and an iron circle/felinesgrace to get into. my hammer is many ql's above me, at least 50 if not more. I always cast essence, headcracker, poison stingers, brawl experise, 2hb expertise.

if i know its going to be a hard mission, I get some outside buffs before I go try it, like a sub guidance, fleet foot, dirty fighter etc.

when i get into the first room, if I pull more then one, I mongo and try to hang in there long enough to do some damage.

point is toast, is that if you want to get by the first room, you have to do what you can to make your character do a good amount of damage, or do missions with friends. i have 3 or 4 rl friends that I play with. at least 2 of us get on at the same times... and we run missions together.

if you dont have the credits or time to get the best nova flow IV, and have a soldier cast high level buffs to get you into it (like riot control and assualut rifle mastery) then you are not going to take out three reds unless you are patient and can get it down to where you pull only one mob at a time.

I have never had a problem with the first room because I have friends, or I have taken the time to over equip myself with the right weapons (that just takes time to figure out what works and what doesnt) or i use the tactics like nut explained about pulling only one.

and just a final thought, if you come on a post and say that "la la da la... I think this is messed up, so I cancelled my account" most people wont bother helping you, because like Illith said, its a moot point. Get some self confidence and dont come to the forum with a whipped dog attitude, blaming funcom for your troubles.

if it really was that big of a deal, how does the rest of us handle it?

Good luck toast... in whatever game you decide is for you. I have been playing ao non stop since it came out, and plan on continuing to play for some time yet.

my .02 creds

Toast...

As for playing a fixer, you have chosen what it currently one of the hardest paths to play in the game, as most everyone agrees that fixers are one of the most broken classes in the game.

I agree with gibeon, the best tactic is pulling the mobs one at a time. This takes paitence, and occasionaly several tries. If you don't want to go in and play with your agro bar, remember as long as you're moving, you won't shoot, so just keep moving back and forth until your pull comes in the room.

But I also have to say, that these high entry rooms really need to be changed. My NT runs for the door if more than one yellow agro's, much less 3. Most classes cannot take the hits from 3 yellow-orange mobs.

I would love to see Funcom adjust this. But they havn't said anything yet.....

I do L154 missions at L87. How do you think I defeat the 3 mobs in the entrance halls? I don't. I wait so they move away from my path and then I run quickly to another room with full def on. That way I can usually avoid the 3 mobs. Sometimes for a reason or another they get separated and only one attacks me. This is when I can make the sneaking even easier.
    -War is not about who is right, it is about who is left.

- L92 MP
    - L7 Enf

How to pull only one mob from main room to the first room:

1. )adjust your agg/def bar to around 40% (or less) so you will not auto fire back

2.1)
    If you can root:
    Go in, quickly root two of the mobs and zone out of the mission.
    There will usually be only one mob in the first room after you zone in again.

2.2)
    If you cannot root:
    Scout the mian room and check the map. When one of the mob gets close to the door (while the other two are either not in line of sight or far away) step into the mian room and step out quickly for a few times until you get the aggro. When you do get the aggro retreat back into the first room. *attention* do NOT attack the mob until it entered the first room completely. It is recommanded that you zone once after successful pulling so the mob will get closer to the mission exit after you zone in again. (just so you wont accidentally aggro the other 2 mobs in the mian while fighting it).

btw e-beamer is gimped, use a nova. and a level 50ish player should be able to eq 7-80ish armor even if you dont twink.

If you have roots, try them. Lure mobs to another room, root them there, zone out. Then come back.
    If you dont have anything - no TMS, no healing, nothing - then just aggro mobs, run to exit, wait 3-5 min - zone back. Some mobs should leave first room, some should be there. Just repeat this till you have 1 mob in 1st room...
    Another trick - lure deep in dungeon and die . Next time you come to mission you dont see useally 3 mobs in fist room.
    I played MP, Agent and Crat to quite high lvls - i dont have much porblems with mobs in first room. Agent have harder time then other 2 - but nothing udoable. At least he had roots. I think FC shouldn't change this aspect of the game - it will become very boring and repetative otherwise.
    Last edited by Chromatorg; Feb 25th, 2002 at 15:48:58.

If I get 3 mobs in the main center room AND they are orange (not always), I pop my head out of the door and hope one comes running.

If not, I mezz the other two and work'em one at a time. Or pop in the main room with the Def slider, Root two, pull one into the main room, zone if possible, then you have 1 to yourself.

It's called strategy.

My only complaint is that some mobs CHAIN CAST in a mission. What's weird is, it seems the mission is bugged. I can take another mission after, with the same mobs (Traders, NT's) and they fire and use a Nuke or Funnel once or twice, not over and over and over and over.

I had a NT that took like 1 shot a me, his hands were so busy with the nukes and blade whirling wind DOTs.

Some of you need a little tactics.

Playing 2 characters (1 very solo-able, and one horrible without crit buffs for mission solo aspects) past lvl 100 the main room 3 mobs are very easy to overcome. Make sure you have the monster map upgrade and walk just a bit into the mission main room to open up the map for that room. Watch the main room map for a few mins till 1 is isolated near the door to the entrance room. Walk up and wait till it sees you and attacks. Run back into the entrance room and don't attack back until the mob is 100% in the room. Use line of sight to make it run around walls and completely through doors if needed. I can fight the main room mobs 100% of the time 1 at a time. Sometimes adds happen and you have to zone out, wait a few mins and the mobs re-set back to the main.. Try again.

Trying to add some constructive criticism =)
    Undercover Soccom Brother

Blackness confirmed!!
    Welcome to the Brotherhood.

Buying ql 161 Art of Peace nano

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12