Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Is With The 3 Super Tankers At Beginning Of Missions!

What Is With The 3 Super Tankers At Beginning Of Missions!

Ok Funcom this is it. Im fed up. Every mission I have attempted to play since level 40 on 50% mission there are 3 redorange super tankers hitting for over 100hps each waiting to smoke me like a cheap cigar! I have gone to the trouble AS A FIXER to equip tank armor to no effect naturally.
    I am not twinked. I dont have 7 million credits. Why do you do this? No one in there right mind will round up 3 red orange MOBs solo and try to kill them. Why am I being forced to attempt this on a mission that I got from the individual mission terminal at 50%? Are you just catering to twinks now that can do these things? Basically this is ridiculous. That must be the only people left. The ones that exploited and started new twinks. This needs adjusted tuit suite...as in next patch...or some kind of "official word" (roll my eyes). or me and my money and loyalty are going else where. And frankly I have no interest in any retorts on this matter. If a regular guy under normal circumstances cannot complete/accomplish this...plainly it should be adjusted.

blah

i almost didnt want to reply.

How about something a bit more constructive?

You are going to quit anarchy online because missions have three mobs in the first room?

Let me ask you a few questions:
    1. Have you tried playing around with mission settings? Ie max chaos, max money, etc? Do you know which settings will increase the chance that three mobs will be in the first room?
    2. You are a fixer? Have you tried to use any fixer abilities like root? ID one of the mobs through the door, then cast root on him. The other two will attack you, you run out. When you come back in, maybe one, or two will be in that first room. If just one, kill him and do it again, where you root one in the big room, and pull the other back to the first room.
    3. Get help with the first room, as someone if they can assist you for a moment.

If you are soloing the mission, which you must be doing, how hard do you make the missions that you get three red mobs in the first room? Maybe you should cut back on the mission difficulty if its too much to handle.

And another thing....

you break into a controlled omni underground base. Going through the first door... you see three guards. Should this surprise you? That the underground omni base would have some extra resistance up front? Not me....

I zone a lot on that first room if they are tough, but I dont mind, because I have a little bit of patience and I know how to play my character.

How to divide and conquer:

Put your AGG slider on full DEF
    go into sneak mode
    take a couple steps into the big room with 3 mobs
    wait until 1 of them sees you
    run back in the corner of the entry room
    When the mob who aggro'd you is fully in the entry room, put you slider back to agg and fight it.

If the other mobs aggro, zone out

If they are in the entry room when you zone back in, pull them back into the main room, root them, and zone out.

good idea

it seems that the corner is a good place to pull them back to, far from the door, so the others arent aware of your presence, and you can fight them one on one.

It is something you can work around stormscout, even if they are worthy foes.

If you have it, use your HoT too.

Forgive my jaded attitude..

But all these helpful tactics I have employed. As I suspected I got replies that shade that I have no tactical prowess when nothing is farther from the truth. The constant zoing in and out. Running the mobs through the mission area to lose their pathing, and even more I have employed. Including you "helpful" suggestions posted here. Which are rather obvious ploys. Thanks for your input, but it DID NOT do anything for the point of the matter. More to the point, this ambush doesnt not add depth to the game. Its funcom's way of catering to a certain "type" of player. Which I do not count myself a part, nor will I.

Thumbs down Finally someone speaks

I closed my account yesterday, and swore to never come back until I read in plain English that this 3 mob first room was fixed. I've waited long enough without whining, hoping FC would notice this problem and do something about it. Unfortunately it's not the case. Someone has to ***** his/her lungs out for FC to act. I just don't have the time or the willingness to do that.

Missions were originally designed with solo players in mind. Those who are not willing to hunt in a group would have the option to pick a mission and spend the time it takes to complete it. However, as a soldier, level 55 with a full QL 51 Omni armor and a ql 80 e-beamer, I just cannot take on those 3 mobs at the same time. I cannot even sometimes fight a mob one on one when they hit for 60 and wear a shield that does 21 additional damage. I do not have root, I do not have a pet, I do not have millions and I do not have time or the patience to tweak my missions when I am barely able to move my mouse cursor on screen. Targeting a slider to move it left or right is a frustration by itself.

However, I kept trying several tactics, such as using different guns to counter specific shields. If I think a mob has an energy shield, I use my flamethrower or mausser and so on... Please keep in mind that this is all done to solve my one on one fights, I just can not fight several mobs at the same time with the gears and hp I have. Yes sometimes I was lucky enough to have a normal mission without those 3 mobs in the first room. I kept trying... This is all I accomplished in the past 2 months.

I thought about it and concluded that I was left with two options really. Spend my time in Baboons (Thank god, the drinks there are cheap) or visit ebay and buy my 10 mills, twink myself to the bones and hope that will work. It's enough to say that both options are not acceptable as far as I am concerned. I do not mind the twinks when they do not affect my game play. However, in this case I have to agree with StormSout. FC was pushed to tweak the game for those exploiters and twinkers, leaving us little choice but to play their way or no way.

I chose the no way.

Regards,

Maybe switch to another character that can handle 3 mobs easily. Enforcers do alright.....So do crats with charms calms and a pet to help tank for you. Mps arent half bad either.

Fixer is like a NT weakling when it comes to more than one mob. Even now I am lucky to tank a green let alone 2 at my level.

Phinger 152 NT

I am sure i read somewhere that calming a mob in the first room had been altered so its friends wont aggro you.. but they still do

If the 3 mobs are low health types i can happily run into the first room (assuming the hardest of the 3 is low orange) calm 2 and take the 3rd back to the entrance foyer for a good beating.

Unless of course they are casters, i run into the room, calm a couple of them, run back to the foyer and am suddenly hit by 3 BIG nukes, if i have any health left thees a small chance i can zone, but chances are they are busy chain casting and the next nuke will hit (through the wall) and kill me as i make for the door.

If the mobs are of an enforcer type... high health and good damage... even on yellows i have a hard time taking them 1 by one because they just have so much health, i usually have to calm and heal 2 or 3 times, if i cant get them seperated then i simply cant do the mission.

If i find an orange enforcer/soldier type in any room in a mission, i have to lure it to a room where i wont be going back to and calm it there, because killing them just eats through my supplies. I thought that the beefing of mobs was limited to the mid-high levels but i can see its effects on some mobs even at my low level.

to toast, this is a moot point since you allready closed your account. but soldier are one of the few classes that handle multimob tanking, all becaurse of there mirror shiled.
    if your a soldier get one of those as fast as you can.

Ah, the outcries of spoiled and shameful selfishness. If you are seriously quitting because three higher level npc's aren't making it easy for you to do your mission, then I think it's a good thing you do leave and do us all a favor. Go play some playschool game where "everyone is a winner"... . I once went through six red-orange mobs, with about five camping monsters that aggro'd me outside of the mission everythime I had to pull out, too... but I didn't whine to FC about it, or post it on a message board, or decide that I will quit because things aren't working out my way.
    Fatal Halcyon
    Amoth
    No guild, no longer playing until (if ever) things change for the good.

Cool Explain if you can.

to illith, are you talking about the 20 sec shield? If so explain to me how you manage to take out 3 mobs with 20 shots? Considering the fastest weapon I have found until now has a fire rate of 1.00s. Keep in mind that you cannot recast the same shield for an additional minute. During that minute of ncu lock I lost more health being shot by those 3 mobs than the damage I did to that one mob I have been fighting for the last 1:20s.

Now my ncu are unlocked, I am able to cast the shield again but bummer I have to zone or die. I zone out, use my heal packs, zone back in and the mob I was shooting at is almost full health.

Do you get my point? I don't understand how that shield helps when fighting that many mobs. If you can explain your tactic that would be great.

As for you kraimer, this _|_ would be enough as a reply, but I have a good heart and want to help you. You are upset about something, otherwise you wouldn't come online and think you would satisfy your anger by flaming everyone you think is not as upset as you are. You know what I am talking about. Now you are actually hurting yourself my friend. Because flaming online will just feed that unhappiness you get from your real life. No one really cares online. You get my point. Eventually you will understand that and you will become more upset. This time not only at your real life but your online one as well. The best thing to do is to use the online community you are in to disconnect from your real life. Make some friends, help others, I don't know, do anything that you think wouldn't help reduce your anger. Now, please do not justify your online flaming habits as a way to escape from your perfect neat life. That's the exact excuse most chronic flamers use. Any normal human being will never start hurting himself or saying profanities just because he or she had a good, polite and helpful day. I hope this help you a little.

Notice the 2 near my handle. That means this is my second post since November 2001. What was my first one? A complaint. You understand now why those 2 min you took to write the flame treating me of a whiner didn't really show how smart you are but how deranged you are. I mean deranged in a good way, as in angry, upset and in need of help.

Regards,

oh ok.
    So the first post you decide to make is a complaint? That shows a lot. As for my personal life, yes i'm gonna kill myself and I don't have any friends or something like that. Or, it's none of your buisness, I don't need to explain how I live to show you i'm not your stereotypical flamer. And as for flaming, well I didn't mean it, honestly it gets very annoying to see every other post whining about the dumbest thing, with people going on boards explaining they're quitting. WHO CARES? Do you think we want to hear "blah blah blah is so gimped, i'm leaving!". In my eyes that's just a patetic outcry for attention, because honestly, NO ONE CARES. FC is aware of the problem, no need to threaten them with leaving. And of course if someone (like I did) replies in a manner like that, then the complainer gets upset and calls it a flame and starts analyzing our psychological thoughts. Life isn't fair, even in a video game, some things you have to live with, i'm sure you know. FC isn't a godsend, they're a corporation, and as a corporation they can't satisfy everyone. Take for example a game like d2. I remember going on boards (diabloii.net, battle.netl) looking at them, and for the most part, everyone was complaining about something. As soon as a patch comes out they have something new to complain about, to keep theirselves feeling like they are important. But look at the game.... (and this game for that matter) how many copies did it sell? If it was so bad, obviously someone would not recommend it to someone else. AO was like that for a while, and I stayed out of it until the 7-day trial offer. After playing it for 3 days I KNEW this was the game for me, even if it would go worse then I could test it from three days. You just can't look at a game for all it's glitches and errors, you have to look at it as a whole. Sure, they have 3 red-orange mobs in a mission. But they also have tons of skills unique to each class, a HUGE constantly evolving enviroment, the best soclialzing I've ever seen in a game, awesome guild support... I could go on. Complaining about one minor problem that can easily be worked around to me is foolish and immature. Let alone LEAVING for it. If you get hung up on the negative aspects, it begins influencing how you interpret the game, and in that sense you will begin missing the whole purpose you began playing it. You will have no reason to play it but to complain about how much it sucks, which seems to become a person's motive the more and more they disregard why it is a good game. Simply, PvP, bugs, imbalances, are not so bad, and they will be fixed. Have patience. The bad is far outweighed by the good.
    Last edited by KramerTheWeird; Feb 15th, 2002 at 23:32:45.
    Fatal Halcyon
    Amoth
    No guild, no longer playing until (if ever) things change for the good.

I too agree with that Kramer.

In my opinion, its one thing to ask for advice with how to deal with three red mobs in the first room, its another to day "this sucks, I quit".

Having created around 12 or more characters (throwing out some random number, as I forgot how many I have made) from level 3 to level 82, I have learned a lot, the hard way usually.

I can remember it taking 20 minutes to heal myself out of a mission (this was when treatment refresh was longer) because I didnt know I could use better health labs then the ones you bought at the newbie terminal, so my level 12 soldier was still using the ones that healed for... hmm... 10 life? I didnt know how to find missions (didnt realize how to upload) so I would spend a half hour in omni ent trying every door because I knew it was in that area.

I could have whined and complained, but I was having fun, and I enjoy a challange. Its a great game with some minor flaws that funcom is trying to work out. I would really like to see more people play to ensure that AO stays around for another 2 years or more... because I am still having fun playing.

But in all my levels, I have never had that much trouble with the first three mobs (this is maxing missions all the way hard too). So even if you say you have tried it all, and complain that our "help" is pointless, I still think you are doing something wrong.

> Fingers Maybe switch to another character that can handle 3 mobs easily. Enforcers do alright.....So do crats with charms calms and a pet to help tank for you. Mps arent half bad either.

Fixer is like a NT weakling when it comes to more than one mob. Even now I am lucky to tank a green let alone 2 at my level.

Phinger 152 NT <

Do you want to say missions are just made for special characters ???

So if you are playing a char without rooting or so you cant do missions (i know it is so atm (some chars dont have problems with the 3 mobs at the beginning) but is this what it should be ?).

It looks like chars with a root nano have it much easier in AO (not only in PvM also in PvP)

Maybe FC should think about this

actually

while the root might be helpful for the first room, if you can get it off correctly and still live...

I think missions favor melee'ers. I think outdoor hunting is the best place for agents and nano techs..

Ah, but the nanomage NT must run missions to get their token rewards. No choice in the matter!

The board upgrades we nanomages get from collecting tokens are absolute "I gotta have these" upgrades because of the HPs (of which nanomage anythings have too little) and for the nano pool (of which nanomage NTs don't get enough) boosts.

Yes, we nanomages can hunt outdoors, but hunting outdoors just forces us to team sooner because we run out of HPs, nano pool, or both as we level up.

And no, implants do not provide enough boost to compensate for the missing token boards. The nanomage breed needs both implants and token boards to compensate for a deficient character definition.

And no, I'm not getting into INT/PSY armor or the absence thereof in the AO game.

Hope this helps ...
    Chynn
    Omni nano NT, Male, Level 200
    Council of Testers

I KNEW IT!

I knew the people were going to say "Just change to a character that handles these mobs easy." Are you SOO blind here that you miss the point? These are not hard mobs this is an IMPOSSIBLE situation for some professions. Oh ok I'll just delete the mission too. Wheres the game balance if some characters can do it and other cannot? All the nay says here want to be pogish and say "stop crying about quiting" you sound like fanboys run amuck. This is frustrating and uncalled for. And still no one that hasnt exploited the game rounds up 3 red orange mobs to solo them. If you can, then that is case in point of how unblanced the game is.

Arrow Back to the original point.

Someone noted that they were going to quit if there wasn't a fix for the three orange-red mobs that generally comprise the mission welcome party.

Someone else mentioned that they already had.

Bye now. Just go. See ya. Toodles.

If you're not imaginative enough to deal with the problem then you can't be imaginative enough to RP. Oh wait, you used all the accepted tactics, my bad. Obviously concepts such as innovation are beyond you.

Oh yeah, and when you post something like that, expect flames. That was an open ended flame that, were I to guess, was simply written to irritate everyone. Nothing proven by it aside from the fact that you shouldn't play a game that, at times, may present challenge or a modicrum of thought. Maybe you should stick to Uno.

Edit: This non-twink character can deal with a welcome party 50 levels higher on a _regular_ basis. If an NT can do it sure as hell a fixer can.
    Last edited by Kivlera; Feb 16th, 2002 at 01:09:43.
    Making RK2 less safe for everyone...

Ours go to eleven!

Just some easy advice

As far as NT goes, you can solo missions quite well early on, as soon as you get calm. The you can use the calm to isolate mobs, and regain your nano. Monsters/melleers are best, since you can root, although in missions, the location you see is not always the one the server does ;(.

But for lobbies, it works best to be patient and pull a single. In 140 lvls, all done in missions, maybe only 1% have an arrangement where it is impossible to pull a single. Use the monsters line of sight against them. And dont pull with an attack! Then it is just a question if you can beat one orange-red mob.

If you cant, then all your resources need to be committed to better damage output first and foremost, since you can zonetrick if necessary. For weapon classes, this includes good weapon skill implants, and using the buff resources of your community to overequip them. If you take a lot of crits, evades then become crucial. You dont need to be twinked to manage this, (i wasn't), you just have to focus on one big improvement at a time. I had only 4 implants in my body until about lvl 80. I basically could cast only one nuke at any given time. This is fun that twinked characters never get to have, to plan, to achieve, etc. Do not neglect the shopping channels!

Another option is mission teams -- 2 person teams are very effective, and a very fun way to play that avoids some of the hassles of large groups. People often neglect small groups in AO, and with some reason, given the experience structure. But they can still be deeply efficient, since there is less to coordinate, and a better split of the rewards.

Hope this helps ^^

well

its a little more then "ProfessorX just killed three red mobs, the game is unbalanced."

A fixer isnt a tank. A fixer isnt about standing toe to toe with three mobs. He doesnt double for Colossus. Fair assumption right?

Certain classes handle adds better (crowd control classes), and those same certain classes (like crats) arent as strong in pk when you cant mez Wolverine as he claws his way through your weak health and armor, ignoring your pet.

Now a fixer trying to take head to head three reds in the first room. Hmm. Umm. No. Can a soldier or enforcer? Maybe. You get the reflect shield up, hit for a good fling/burst ... then hope your life holds out for another shield, or till the mob dies. Enforcer, just swing away till one dies, zone if you have to. If you cant even kill one after persistance, or strategy, then move on... do a different mission. That ones just too tough.

Fixers are tough to play. I will grant you that. Just reading the fixer boards and many people have a lot to say...

Storm, you picked one of the hardest profs. You really have to twink your character and spend IPs wisely in order to be really successful. It can be done I think, but its going to take more patience then it seems you have.

My suggestion, if you are really fed up with your character, is to make an enforcer, or soldier, or any other class. read the forums, learn what works with your character, what doesnt. Learn the best tactics, and how to succeed.

otherwise, lower your mission diff, or get some friends.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast