Thread: Character Stories

Character Stories

((OOC: I figured that after seeing the background stories of other people's characters I would post some stories on my various characters. Maybe it'll make for a good read, maybe not, but it'll be fun to write and maybe I can add a little depth to my characters. Hope you enjoy and I hope some others put some posts of their characters stories as well. Also all of the details in the stories are in game events that happened just exaggerated for RPing purposes.))
    Last edited by Onris; Apr 5th, 2003 at 19:08:47.

---- "Onris" ----

Onris rose sat up slowly in his bed, his hand going to his forehead with a groan. Yesterday had been a long day of leaving the reclaim only to return to it again. The sun was just creeping through the window of his 75th floor apartment that over looked Omni-Trade.

"Why the hell do I keep having these crazy dreams," he thought to himself. "I haven't gotten more then an hour of sleep this entire week......"

Just then a loud knock echoed through the room from his bedroom door. "Open up Onris, we know you're in there!", a deep voice yelled from the other side.

Onris moved one hand quickly under his pillow grabbing the pistol hidden there, his other hand went to the pistol laying on his night stand beside his bed. His eyes narrowed and teeth clenched as he pointed them at the door, his trigger fingers pressed with just enough pressure on the trigger not to fire a shot.

Onris' eyes opened quickly as he stared at the ceiling of his bedroom. "Another one of those damn dreams.....", he thought. "It wasn't always like this. I remember my first days on the way to Rubi-Ka......"

-----------------
    "The Beginning as told by Onris"

I never could remember anything before the shuttle to Rubi-Ka no matter how hard I tried to remember. My first real memories are waking up in a shuttle seat as it docked at the spacestation floating above Rubi-Ka. I've seen Omni-Tek use re-education and memory erasing before, perhaps something I did in the past warranted using that on me too. Kinda funny that I work for Omni-Pol now too. Anyway back to the story.
    So I woke up on the shuttle as it docked. I remember stepping out into the station and thinking how nice everything appeared, so clean and in order and that statue........ I saw that statue and wondered what it was I was stepping into. You know the statue, the one of the worm and the three people fighting it. But I did not admire it long because, for some unknown reason, I was being driven to board the Omni-Tek shuttle headed for Omni-1. Why I felt directed to Omni-Tek I don't know, maybe it had something to do with my lack of memory, but anyway I joined Omni-Tek and have never regreted it.
    As the shuttle debarked and headed into the Rubi-Ka atmosphere I looked at my hands and saw the glow of notum energy around them and my stomach began to turn with excitement.

[to be continued]

---- Kharissa "Khary" Vallone ----

Hundreds of teenage students stood in a large stone square surrounded by ancient looking buildings. "Again!", screamed a man dressed in a red and white robe who was standing on a platform at the north end of the square. As the man screamed this all of the students struck out with open palms at sparring dummies standing in front of them. This was clan profession training for the new martial artists.

---------

That was my first taste of Rubi-Ka......Martial Artist training for the clans. I was raised on a remote planet pretty far away from any of the political battles. I knew of Omni-Tek only because I saw their labels on everything I used and I mean EVERYTHING. They seemed to make all kinds of things. Anyway my father was a famer and a miner on the planet we lived on but to be honest he wasn't very good at farming and the planet wasn't very good for farming. He did do a lot of mining, just him and few of his friends. They had huge mining machines they used to dig, but thats beside the point I guess.

One day I saw a newspaper add looking for young people to volunteer for an experimental program that involved travel and training, but all expense paid. Now since I was a girl and one of five children, three boys and two girls, I was no use at all to my dad for mining work. I decided to sign up for the program just to see what it was all about. I received my shuttle tickets in the mail not long after applying and was soon on my way to the spacestation to meet the program director.

Just to keep the story short I'll sort of summarize what the program was all about...... It was experimenting with the effects of severe notum overexposure on different types of people. Me being the curious little girl that I am I signed up for martial artist's training in the program (because we each had to choose a profession for the experiment too). Before we left we were told we were going to Rubi-Ka. We were also briefed on the conflict going on and were told we were fighting for the clan's cause. Sounded good to me so far.....

It got bad really quick. For a week straight we were locked in a section of the space station where we were constantly being exposed and injected with notum and some of the applicants died........ but it never bothered me too much, I was having fun with all the new things notum let me do. After a week we were ready for training on Rubi-Ka under the supervision of the doctors (who we now knew were doctors funded by the clans for experimenting on kids). We were given our start up equipment, implanted with a skin chip for tracking, and hearded onto shuttles headed for Rubi-Ka.

[to be continued]