Thread: weapons revisted

weapons revisted

my crat is a 143 nanomage crat. he is kinda twinked: 20+ vest, shades, 2 VTE. so bot/nuke imps. i have pistol skill maxed ATM but i do not wish to take that route to level 200 again(200 level adven is my main) so i have come down to posting this on the forums for ideas. Granted i am a bit off setting on a weapon system but looking to finish ql 200 imps so.....

1) rifles: x-3/Cat -- everyone uses them but best for imp set up. still a low AR. least desirable choice

2) Pistol- PoP is only choice for DMG other than a V3 but conflicts with nano clusters. short range

3) SMG - Dark blue skill, short range, a lot fo choices. (if the Nball-Handguns was dropping again this would be a perfect choice PVM)

4) Assult rifle- there is one or 2 weapons that are fast enough to use for us the Eradicator and somthing else. would look cooler than any other too.

5) Bow-- haven;t seen it mentioned so i am going to ask for thoughts. we only lose 1 imp with this weapon style. but unfourtantly there are poor weapon choices small magazine size...

any ideas? I want my nanos to represent who i am and by being nanomage i think i have. but in TL5 i want to do some weapon DMG
    Last edited by acardia; Jun 18th, 2003 at 07:19:01.
    Acardia Level 220 Pistolero- hit 220 in Org City
    Adolphus Level 215 Dictator
    Festamus Level 220 Hammer Swinging trox with pets

Before you loose everything it's good to realize that life is beautiful.

Bow sounds intriguiging really. I guess my question about that is how much can crats raise Bow skill? 3 or 4/level?

V3 isn't that bad....
    LVL 220 Vanguard Out to pasture
    LVL 220 Eternalist researching
    LVL 220 Dictator Retired
    LVL 220 Field Marshal Resetting/twinking

LVL 220 Savior (researching)

Firetree Server, Horde of course

1 Skill - Shotgun

Serious damage!
    Kissysuzuki 220 - 24 - 60/70
    Minisuzuki 205 - 9 - 13/70
    Riders of the Lost Org

"Enforcers are being nibbled to death"

Arcadia;

I'm a crat n00b (125ish), so this is just my 0,002 cents . But I just made my first ql200 set of imps for Commoragh so I've done some research lately.

I went for pistols (even tho' I too have a highlevel pistol adventurer ). The ability to switch to buff-pistols for that next charm was simply too tempting. Plus, they look good. But I did some comparisons between shotguns and rifles and well, it's not that much of a difference. X-3 seemed to be the best choice, followed closely by a Home Defender (without crit scope and with a +off-aura instead of a +crit-aura!), then by a crit-reliant shotgun like a Waltzing Queen (with scope and crit-aura). The Original Electronum v3 lagged behind, but not by that much.

The maybe best reason to go for shotguns:
    http://www.aodb.info/showitem.asp?AOID=206049

They've slated the Inner Sanctum for release before SL, but then again, SL will probably disrupt the power balance.

Conclusion:
    -Go for rifle if you want easy implanting, decent AR (for a 'crat) and good damage PvM. Rumours sez' that FC will nerf AS in PvP, so I guess it's a rather bad choice for PvP.
    -Go for shotguns if you want to be somewhat unique (not that many shotgun wielders out there). and do ok damage. Implant will be hard, so don't expect the highest AR. The Home Defender and the Vektor are exceptions from the normal crit-reliant rule.
    -Go for Pistols if you want the nice buff pistols and are aiming for a PoP at lvl175 without having to reset anything. You will only be able to implant Shiny, but AR will be pretty high.

Sort of obvious, but hey, someone gotta say the obvious stuff too =) .

I thought long and hard about this nifty lil' gun btw. Is it a pistol? No! Is it a shotgun? No! It's a...shotpistol! But unfortunately, it sucks.
    http://www.aodb.info/showitem.asp?AOID=123456

-Foenix/Commoragh-

On a side note, at higher levels (198 for me, but I'm a gimped trox) you can replace the faded eye MC by a faded pistol cluster.
    Edaud - 206 Cratrox
    Disaster - 15X Doctor

Don't forget blister packs with Rifle Mastery - +50 to rifle AR. With blister pack my AR for rifle 910 with glorious leader in TL5 cap.
    Hypocrit
    "That we occasionally violate our own stated moral code does not imply that we are insincere in espousing that code"

Finkle -McGraw on Hypocrisy

I haven't been dissappointed w/ my Krutt in PvM. The dribble down INT helps me get those last few points of PM I need to cast Horror from the Darkest Pit. (A very fun nano, BTW.)

I toss on an Ithaca for PvP (and take off the crat suit for my tank armor since I'm buff begging anyway)

When I don't need those 3 int points anymore, I'll probably run the all Ithaca offense... it's much better w/ it's AS and faster cycle time. Much better dmg/sec.

With a good VE, either agg/def or crit speech running, and if you're lucky enough to have an MA or Agent handy, Mark or Take the Shot, and you'll be pounding on some MOBs. Drink some coffee and it's crazy go nuts time.

Granted, after 212 mishes, you'll hit for min with a crit here or there as an exception... and that's not alot of damage... I've gotten used to "you hit Real Mean MOB for 108"

But you don't want to anything that high anyway, at least if you're like me and favor enlisting the aid of a RM Bully.
    - Machiavelli - RK1 Clan Bureaucrat

Under "Other, Additional Information" I listed "main is bureaucrat"

i'm more in preferance of a higher min dmg weapon, a lot of people use ithica's and X-3 and the ithica has a poor min dmg like the V3(used one on my adven for a long long time) well i am a bit from really picking a weapon for sure. I kind of want to be a different crat. so i am really leaning towards smg/bow route.

Bow is definitely a unique choice... and w/ our init colors being what they are, you might save some IP there.

From an AR standpoint, you'd probably be better w/ SMG... if I remember correctly (of the options you've listed), bow has the lowest AR. I don't know how you'd implant for bow though... if it allows for triple implanting, you might be OK for AR.

You're right though, if low min damage / high crit damage weapons are not your thing... stay away from the Ithaca and the Krutt.
    - Machiavelli - RK1 Clan Bureaucrat

Under "Other, Additional Information" I listed "main is bureaucrat"

I believe this is still the best reference post regarding weapons.
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...hreadid=113092
    Edaud - 206 Cratrox
    Disaster - 15X Doctor

well with bow i would lose the faded implant. but i will always have bright and faded NR in with out losing AR. SMG i lose bright and Faded. so i think i am still down to 2 choices.

Hey Arcadia bro. Sorry, been meaning to post here but honestly there are not any clear answers. Maybe that is good since it means we crats can enjoy some variety with weps.

I guess if you say your nanos define you then buffing weps will help you get there but you don't want pistol as a primary and I can understand that.

Have you looked at this?

Premium Reet-Tech Junior Urban Crossbow

It's an IP hog but a decent wep with nice mods, and maybe even self-equippable with the low 816 Rifle req. That way you could get the benefit of the wep and buffing pistols. Aimed Shot is always nice damage. NR suffers though.

I liked SMG, used SI Head with Br/Fd PM/BM for charms. For PvM it is possible with Riot Control to get a MCS down to min Burst recycle of 10s which is pretty nice.
    Autocratt Atrox Bureaucrat 200
    Current PvP Armor Setup
    Seraphfirst Nanomage MP 175 Current Fire Reflect Armor Setup (67%)

Suggestions for Revising the Bureaucrat Profession
    1) Charming our own Droids
    2) A fear, and area snare as good as the enforcer's and fixer's
    3) New super short mez nanos and mez nano init changes for PvP
    4) The nuke changes
    5) Highly increased range on speech nanos