Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fix PvP before you start Raping people of their items.

Re: hmm

Originally posted by gibeon

normally, I would say that one is not more right then another, but in cases like this, I think that too many people dwell on the negative and forget all the great things wil AO.
    I might be dumb as rocks, but can you please explain to me in simple terms whats fun and great about the follwing?

You're an Engineer lvl 75, you just found Beacon warp as a reward and you see to your dismay that it is in a MMD(the one in the corner.) You have about 2 hrs to play that day, and you just spent 30 min finding the right mission. So you set out. You're not in a guild and the few friends you have are not online. You run like a loon from the grid exit to the mission entrance and unknowing to you a lvl 168 enforcer see you run into the mission area. Being bored(since high lvl game sucks....), he decides to sit outside the mission and wait for you. you finishin your mission with about 10 minutes before your wife goes postal, so you exit the mission. whooops.... Before you manage to move or the counter is down to down to 0 you are hit for 900 mele damage, then 800 brawl, you are down to your last 200 hp, you run slowly for you life... Then wham... Reclaim..... 200k exp down the drain, close to 100k worth of creds and items gone, plus you belowed Beacon warp nano. Not only that. The guys send you tell about how much you suxxors, and your a gay ******, etc. You just spent 2 hrs of your life trying hard to get something that someone took away in 2 seconds. This was supposed to fun, a game....

Now this has never happened to me, I got a yalm. So I usually fly away, but this could happen to people...

[QUOTE]
    wrangle. And amazingly, with only ql 50 implants at level 50, he was still able to get his freshman title. just because he used strategy, maxed important skills that people take for granted (nano resist and evades) and picked his fights.

As you said he picked his fight. You cannot do that when you have to go to a 25% for a mission. I pretty sure he can go to the arena any given day and loose about 80% of his fights.

[OUOTE]
    Yes, a level 80 MA will always be owned by a 158 MA, and will have no chance to escape. But you can be careful, you can use cool nanos like grid teleport, you canb get friends to help guard you...

Not all classes have teleport nanos. Not everyone has friends on every time they are on. Me, I don't have any friends on my lvl most of the time, since they are not married they are all lvl 110+. While I'm barely 75. See the problem. Try getting someone random to do mission and have fun with ya... Not that easy.

and lastly, pvp is part of the story line... in AC it was just a thing you can do... in uo (the most popular game, ever) it was everywhere.... ao does a great job of balancing it.

PvP is part of the story line, sure. I agree, and I've partaken in a few raids here and there. It was great fun, but I had saved ahead of time... The loss was noting, zero, zilch. Same with arena PvP. No loss, just the fun of whacking someone else who also didn't loose anything.

PvP balance??? Scuse me... What are you smoking? Take a look at the board or go to the arena, look who has titles.... Certain classes are kings of PvP. Occationally you will see other classes with titles, and they either got them at low lvls, or they are super twinked(and know the game really well.)

I played UO too.... They opened up Trammel and consentual PvP because belive it or not, most people didn't want to be killed at every second.

ps I did happen to play in beta ... so thats where the year came from
    So did I... Does it make me special? No I still play beta.. :-)

I don't mind PvP, but I don't want to see it stuffed down peoples throats. AO need all its players, rpers, non-PvP fanatics, PvP-fanatics, those inbetween, and FC should not cater to one specific group.
    Atrocious - taking ugly to the next level.

Atrocious - Atrox Enforcer - Member of Ancarim Iron Legion
    Aniana - Solitus Engineer(Uber gimp) - Applicant of Ancarim Iron Legion
    Plasmatiq - Solitus Soldier

Plus countless other alts I play with once in a while.

df

my first response was.... "well, going to mmd you deserve to die... have a little common sense"

since my level 80 can still get ql 120 missions in longest road, or vw, or newland desert (not longest road) or broken shores... and I know people just wait for others to show up in mmd.

but I wont because it is a valid point, and there isnt any fun in the situation you described.

if you are a clanner, I would be more then willing to help you out... blast something on the channels when in tir (really need some help with a mission in mmd, would like it if someone that can warp me home join along, so I can get this nano I really need). if I am on, I will come along as my doc....

my doc is Wunji, my ma is Bunjiro, my enforcer is Hewn. you can send one of those a tell.. if you be clan

but if you cant find anyone to help, and dont have a plane, then I would suggest trying really hard not to get that mission in a 25%... and its not that hard. if it means mission camping for an extra 10 minutes, then i would say its worth it...

and when i mentioned balance... what i meant was that there isnt one profession that will consistantly own every other profession out there.. rooters will be meleers, soldier will beat a meta, a meta will beat a rooter, etc (those are hypothetical, i think you get my meaning).

personally, i think the most wicked pvp profession is a trader... <cringes> I tend to stay away from them.

and my enf friend that has his title without going crazy on twinking or outside buffs, he would do just as well in the arena, if not better then he has at mmd. when i say choosing his battles, he doesnt rush out into the 25% zone when there are three clanners standing there that could gang up on him.

thats all.

i wish you victory plasmatiq... in finding that nano you need, and fending of real life long enough to stay in rubi-ka for an extra 10 minutes or so without finding yourself on the couch that night. i am one of the unfortunates that has no social life... so game time is never an issue for me (two sided blessing).

Not mentioned in the notes, but the way it always was before, or so I heard, at least...

If someone does have 'uninsured' items, you still only have 60 seconds to loot before they *poof* back to reclaim.

In a mass fight, well, if you stopped fighting to loot, someone is going to be looting YOU shortly after you bend down, right?

All this really means for missioning people who are actually after the specific loot item, is they'll 'end' the mission with /terminate...
    and keep /terminate hotkeyed so that if they exit, and come under attack... *poof*

However, I can see Funcom quickly reacting to that by making /terminate not work while you're in combat.

Thumbs down

Unother unfun idea that gives us one more reason to find another game. I wonder how funcom manage to get all those unfun ideas.

Griefers are bad as they are, give them a Wimp titel instead of giving them items from defenceless PC´s

I've never been ganked coming out of a mission. Once 5 omnis camped the outside of a mission I did with fryli, but we teleported out after we were done and since it took 2 hours anyway, I doubt they were still waiting around. Once someone took a pot shot at me as I was going into a mission in Belial.

I like taking missions in PVP zones because it's an extra thrill. If you find an item you really want and you are terrified to step out into 25% gas you can always /terminate once you have the item. It's the POOR MANS teleport.

I don't really understand why everyone is so adverse to risk. When I was level 70 I was taking every mission I could to DAV, CAV, SAV and belial. They are amazing zones that are now basically EMPTY. One big reason is because of the changes everyone demanded in missions to make them closer, the other is people just are so AFRAID of dying. What's the big deal?

I got news for you, having fun is the only measure of your time in this game, not levels, exp, items or anything else, just fun. In the end it's all a total waste of time so you had best be having fun with it. Try something thrilling, take a risk!

Piont is: Everyone wants to have fun and should have the right to have fun to do what they want and like best...as long as it doesnt hurt others.
    I dont like the risk of losing all the xp I just made in hours to a lamer ambushing me at a zone entry point with NO risk for himself as he is scanned and will pick his fights. Its grief playing plain and simple and Funcom is advertising and rewarding it now!

Its a bad economic decision. There have been a couple of those already while FUNCOM knows better than anyone else that the clock is ticking. the next MMORPGs will come along and you got to get a large player base and be able to keep it, before a real success comes along.

And I seriously doubt when you (Ultra1) lose tons of xp and your precious item and find yourself at reclaim with no chance to fight back a highlevel who ambushed you, you say: "hey this was fun, lets start over where I began 2 hours ago"

PvP is cowardly and unbalanced in this game. Everyone knows that, including the peeps saying: "hey its a war! everything goes"
    How you roleplay a lamer griefing peep running from him and at the same time making sure he wont die whatever comes along by having others back him up or zoning out?

I have no respect for these ppl

Val
    Xandro, neutral bureaucract

Re: Fix PvP before you start Raping people of their items.

Originally posted by EvilGlitch
    Now we can lose all the items we gained while trying to go about our business doing missions.
    Oh, yeah, like a fricken thief wouldn't steal your wallet after kicking your ass in real life.
    Something big's going on outside, and we're all too smashed to do anything about it...

--------------
    Oh, yeah, like a fricken thief wouldn't steal your wallet after kicking your ass in real life.
    --------------

But guards (police) would be on the lookout for that guy right?
    ... and maybe put him away for a while also... wouldn't they?

As of now the guys that "grief" doesn't have any risk vs reward. sure they could get killed and loose... _nothing_, but other than that they have _no_ risk involved...

Make it so that Titled players are open season in all gases, they can't initiate combat but are open to attack, that would take care of the "kill for title-no-matter-lvl" guys in no time...

if there is so huge numbers of PvP's then make a PvP server and RK1/2 "carebear" I'm sure the PvP server would be full of people in no time, after all there are thousands that do nothing but PvP, right?`

Maybe they should make neutrals immune to PVP. Neutrals can't attack in PVP or be attacked, unless teamed with clan or omni. Neutrals should also never be able to change their side then or only chanage it one time. That way if you don't want to PVP, you don't want to be part of a conflict, you can just be neutral, find your buddies and stand around the hardened bullys spawn or the vw camps spawn or the avalon borgs spawn or the or the tir temple or the tir borgs or the mort borgs or any camp you want to stand around and camp.

I've said this before, if you don't want to PVP you should have the option to OPT out of it ONCE AND FOR ALL. You cannot PK or be PKed from the time you go neutral to the end of the game.

Then all you guys who want to keep your gear and exp just have to be neutral and team with other neutral players. You don't need your own PVP server you just need to remove yourself from the conflict now and forever. And you can ride your exciting and uninterrupted leveling treadmill from 1 to 200 without any chance of facing conflict from other players for the duration of the game.

Why don't you petition that? Get your switch that turns off PVP for you now and forever.

that switch thingie

The possibility to opt out of PvP has been asked for a million times on these boards. To separate PvP from non PvP players is all I ever asked for. But PvPs and Funcom know that this would more or less be the end of PvP (EQ has the switch and PvP is dead there). You'd get alot of ppl changing to neutral and then demanding from Funcom to give them more shops, merit boards etc...there are not enough ppl interested in PvP as it is now in the game. Giving them the possibility to opt out would leave PvP players with no targets and the ones around are scanned, fully buffed and as twinked as themselves...
    You dont roleplay a conflict, you ambush other players trying to get one more kill without losing your title. Thats not exactly what I want to do. Fighting twink agents who use a sentence with "z" instead of "s" for a name is not my idea of Player v. Player combat in a roleplaying game.

Val
    Xandro, neutral bureaucract

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123