Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: The Nanomage People

Originally posted by Akudama

You gonna start mocking names now that your arguments fall flat? Its best you just show some class for once, stop spouting off ridiculous moot arguments and back out now.

Your a nanomange, use some of that superior intelligence to come up with an effective way to prove a point without resorting to childish tactics. Hell, I dont agree with Fako, but atleast his arguments are more rational and pertinent to the discussion that the drivel you're spouting out.

We are ot at an impasse, simply because nothing you have said makes any sense, although you are proving the point that not all nanomages are intelligent.
    My argument did not fall flat. However, it is obvious that we are at a disagreement and we will not see each others point of view. So why waste the effort to continue?

Yes, I mocked your name a little as a joke, but I did not insult you. You on the other hand had to resort to insulting my intelligence and my opinion! Why??

If you've read ANY of my posts in this thread, you will notice that I've come out AGAINST the notion that Nanomages are the most intelligent.

Forgive me for not sounding intelligent. I tend to stoop to the level of intelligence of the person I am responding to.

((ooc:

OK, well this seems to be the sticking point:

Is the intelligence ability actually a measure of intelligence as we think of it in RL?

Fako's argument makes the assumption that it is.

If this is true, then without a doubt, nanomages have to potential to be more intelligent. Nanomages simply have a higher max INT than any other breed. Sure int can be augmented by implants, items, and buffs, but with the exception of a few these are available to every breed equally. Yes, with Odin's Eye a Solitus (and only a Solitus) MP can have a higher INT when maxed out than a nanomage, but with Shades of Lub. the nano wins again, so lets leave buffing, implants and items out of the discussion.

Max Int for breeds (unbuffed):
    Atrox:400
    Nano:512
    Opifex:464
    Solitus:480

If INT is in fact Intelligence, as the name clearly suggests, then yes, nanomages have the potential to be much more intelligent than any other breed. Given this, Fako's statement about the top 100 most intelligent people on RK being nanos is probably true, if there are at least 100 nanos that have maxed out INT.

If this assumption is true, then any arguments to the effect that nanos do not have the highest potential, or that a solitus can have as high an intelligence as simply false.

Yes, you can have an atrox with 400 INt and a nano with only 50, but the nano can indeed eventually have more intelligence than anyone else

So, is INT actually Intelligence as we think of it in RL? Well, the name suggests it is. Why would it be called intelligence if it is in fact not intelligence?

So, if INT is actually intelligence, then all of Fako's comments about nanos being smarter (potentially) are true, stating otherwise is either wrong, or assuming that "Intelligence != Intelligence".

I dont agree that the most intelligent should rule alone, but he has a point that the most intelligent often hold important and respected positions in a government. Advisors, councils etc are often as important as the "leader".

But, is it intelligence or wisdom that makes them valuable? I would say that it is both. Part of intelligence is cognative ability, which is essential for a leader or advisor. If you had a wise man without any cognative bility he'd be next to useless. Likewise if you had a genius with no wisdom, he would again be useless.

So, both are needed to be a good ruler (not get elected or be liked, but to rule well) along with a desire to rule well.

Follow me for a moment if you will:

If you need Intelligence and Wisdom to rule, it is safe to say that the rulers (councils, advisors, what have you) will be drawn from the most intelligent and most wise. You should select people that have high intelligence and great wisdom.

On Rubi-Ka, the most intelligent (following the previous assumption) people are nanomages. Some of them, if not many, are bound to be wise as well. Some of these are bound to have a desire to do good. Wouldnt they therefore make the best ruling council?

))

Originally posted by Akudama
    ((ooc:

OK, well this seems to be the sticking point:

Is the intelligence ability actually a measure of intelligence as we think of it in RL?

Fako's argument makes the assumption that it is.

If this is true, then without a doubt, nanomages have to potential to be more intelligent. Nanomages simply have a higher max INT

<snip>

Follow me for a moment if you will:

If you need Intelligence and Wisdom to rule, it is safe to say that the rulers (councils, advisors, what have you) will be drawn from the most intelligent and most wise. You should select people that have high intelligence and great wisdom.

On Rubi-Ka, the most intelligent (following the previous assumption) people are nanomages. Some of them, if not many, are bound to be wise as well. Some of these are bound to have a desire to do good. Wouldnt they therefore make the best ruling council?

))
    ((OOC: Well said. ))

(( Finally, someone got my point!

I was trying to avoid OOC to explain my position and the way my char came to his beliefs that nanomages should be the "rulers", but I guess that doesnt work.

))

((OOC:

Well, thats seems to have settled it!! Is this thread really comming to a close or are there any more arguments?

I can honestly say this is one of the few threads that has kept my interest. No pie eating, no silly RP, no dating service calls by the pathetic......

A discussion/argument that involved actual logic or an analytical dissection by people over tha age of 10 (notice I dont use the standard MMORPG "insult" age of 12)? Amazing and rare, but I love it.

Long live the invasive Fako thread hijacking!

At least it interested me for more than a day!

))

IC:

Nanomages are indeed intelligent, they make great butlers and servants!
    Last edited by Fakonamo; Apr 3rd, 2003 at 06:19:43.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456