Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Nanomage People

Originally posted by Vashtiklorna

Greater ancient peoples espoused love. Love one another.

And its direct application here is don't export harm, and don't harm in the process of export. ((You're lives will go on very well if we can all give you PNH. ))

You could be the reason I go NLF *wink wink nudge nudge*
    -

The storms show her pain... electric coated tears that reflect her sorrow... lava boils from the heat of her

rage... we are one and the same.... She is my Rubi-Ka and I am her nanomage ....

Originally posted by BugLight

Buggy? Go to the NLF? *frown frown shoot shoot*

Sorry Buggy, it was for your own good!
    Bliqz: "anything Uwen says is a vicious and ugly lie"

Originally posted by BugLight

Sorry Bug, you'd have to be Neutral!

Lemme get some scissors!!

Originally posted by Uwen

Buggy? Go to the NLF? *frown frown shoot shoot*

Sorry Buggy, it was for your own good!

You coulda let me kill him when I had a chance, but NOOOO!. Lets "save" Tifanyx instead..

Originally posted by Tifanyx

You coulda let me kill him when I had a chance, but NOOOO!. Lets "save" Tifanyx instead..

ROFLMAO!!!

Humility and self sacrifice the true marks of a hero
    -

The storms show her pain... electric coated tears that reflect her sorrow... lava boils from the heat of her

rage... we are one and the same.... She is my Rubi-Ka and I am her nanomage ....

Well when he said save I thought he meant your soul and we were gonna kill ya. Buggy was next on my list.
    Bliqz: "anything Uwen says is a vicious and ugly lie"

Hmm I think there are a number of logical leaps of faith here that do not stand scrutiny:

Homo Nano Breed are _on average_ more intelligent and psychically sensitive that Homo Opifex, Solitus or Atrox.

A _specific_ Homo Nano individual may be more, equal or less intelligent than a similar Homo Opifex, Solitus or Atrox.

Leadership implies a smaller group of leaders that those being lead (often a single leader) therefore there is no reason to favour one individual over another due to their breed.

If one is to believe a breed to be superior at leadership one might as well say that Homo Atrox is superior, as they have no reproduction based hormonal shifts in brain chemistry that all the other breeds are subject to.

As a Nano Technician I assure you I would notice of any of my nano-replenishment programs were recovering smaller amounts of atmospheric notum.

Originally posted by SM

Leadership implies a smaller group of leaders that those being lead (often a single leader) therefore there is no reason to favour one individual over another due to their breed.
    But it is alright to favor an individual over another due to ability and on average we are smarter, thus more suited for the tasks of the mind. We each have the potential to be more intelligent than any other breed on RUbi-Ka.

The remarks of others about charisma, morality and the rest are moot. Those atributes (or the appearance there of) may indeed be required to win an election, but not to rule. Once in power the only measure is how well the society functions, not how nice the leader is, or how well he fits someones moral mold. To run a society, to plan and develop a keen mind is needed. The brightest individuals are needed, and if you were to take the 10 or 100 most intelligent individuals on Rubi-Ka, they would all be nanomages.

Originally posted by Fakonamo
    We each have the potential to be more intelligent than any other breed on RUbi-Ka.
    The brightest individuals are needed, and if you were to take the 10 or 100 most intelligent individuals on Rubi-Ka, they would all be nanomages.[/B]
    Nanomages have the POTENTIAL to be more intelligent than anyone else.. I can definitely agree with that.

However, the word POTENTIAL implies that the Nanomage must want to be intelligent. Most people on Rubi-Ka want something for nothing, so if there is any "WORK" involved in gaining that intelligence advantage its probably not being utilized.

Every breed has the POTENTIAL to be great at something. IT DOES NOT MEAN THAT THEY ARE!!

So it is quite POSSIBLE that the top 10 or top 100 most intelligent individuals on Rubi-Ka are not Nanomage at all!

Originally posted by SM
    As a Nano Technician I assure you I would notice of any of my nano-replenishment programs were recovering smaller amounts of atmospheric notum.
    As an NT....I would point out *fumble* *fumble* *blackhole* *fumble* *fumble* *hello mr reclaim*....yep, the notum sure works :P ((well, its that or something else like urmmm, bug ridden POS programming?))

As for breed being more intelligent than an other...thats total and utter rollerrats droppings. We are all as intelligent as our training allows us to be....which in otherwords means the MPs win yet again, be they nanomage or even trox. Your breed isn't the relavence, its your career which sets your social standing, and thats also why the NT is set at the bottom of this social standing due to hatred for them, and lack of need for them. It's sad, and very depressing, but thats the life of an NT for ya.
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

So it is quite POSSIBLE that the top 10 or top 100 most intelligent individuals on Rubi-Ka are not Nanomage at all!
    Its possible (if there were no nano mages that had realized their potential), but simply not true. Are there some Atrox, Solitus or Opifex hidden away somewhere that rate as highly as the smartest nanomages? (that would be a 512 rating on the standard intelligence tests, I believe the higest scores any others have achieved without artificial means are much lower) Nanomages can become much more intelligent then any other breed; While not all are the most intelligent, and some individuals are indeed blacksheep, the top Nanomages are in fact the top of the human race with respect to intelligence.

Likewise, profession has nothing to do with it. Being an Atrox MP doesnt give you the potential to be any more intelligent than any other atrox, and that is far below the potential intelligence of the nanos.

I have no comments on the NT as a low standing on the social order, I am talking about the nanomage breed, not the nanotech profession.

Argue against the benefits of a society run by the most intelligent, but dont keep arguing that any other breed can achieve the same level of intelligence as a nanomage, its just not true no matter how many times you say it.

But it is alright to favour an individual over another due to ability and on average we are smarter, thus more suited for the tasks of the mind. We each have the potential to be more intelligent than any other breed on RUbi-Ka.
    By this (flawed) logic our only leaders would be those nanomages that have reached the medical limit for their cognitive ability, are metaphysisists capable of casting Odins Missing eye, dual pistol wielders (As the nanoclusters seen in the OET Jess are not available separately on Ruki-Ka), wearing a full set of Nova dillon Armour save the sunglasses that a specific Omni Atrox is known to give out etc etc etc.

Cognitive ability is _possibly_ the most important element in a leader however there are other requirements that while not as "important" can totally negate the intellectual advantage if they are found lacking.

Intelligence does not factor into the equation of charisma and the ability to lead... I've come across some very intelligent people in my journeys on RK to only find that they couldn't lead a thirsty leet to water....
    -

Nanomages can become much more intelligent then any other breed; While not all are the most intelligent, and some individuals are indeed blacksheep, the top Nanomages are in fact the top of the human race with respect to intelligence.

Argue against the benefits of a society run by the most intelligent, but dont keep arguing that any other breed can achieve the same level of intelligence as a nanomage, its just not true no matter how many times you say it.
    Who created Nanomage? You think for one second that the creator of Nanomage is not at least more intelligent??

Who created Nanomage? You think for one second that the creator of Nanomage is not at least more intelligent??

whoever made the ultra sexy nanomage females needs a good leg humping for giving me an object to lust after day after day after day. only, they should have made them weaker and more fragile, more difficult to run away from me....
    Nanomage: The OTHER other white meat

Why would you have to be of superior intelligence to create a nanomage? Someone bound Notum to our DNA and the notum did the rest. Clever, yes, but not necissarily a sign of superior intelligence.

Why would you have to be of superior intelligence to create a nanomage? Someone bound Notum to our DNA and the notum did the rest. Clever, yes, but not necissarily a sign of superior intelligence.
    Think of it in 20th century terms. Did you ever here the phrase, "Computers are only as smart as the people who program them"? Granted, we are now in the year 29477, but I believe that that logic still applies. If computers were that much more intelligent, they would have taken over the world back then. But they didn't, because no matter how intelligent they are, they still lacked something. They are not self sufficient. Which means a human must intervene if something goes wrong.

Its the same thing with present day nanomage. If we have "superior" intelligence, why after hundreds of years are we still bound to this planet? You'd think that by now some superiorly intelligent nanomage would figure out a way to get off this rock?!? But no, we are still here. Doomed to die, because less intelligent Solitus,Opifex, & Atrox don't believe in our struggle?? We cannot live without the intervention of notum within our system. Solitus, Opifex AND EVEN ATROX can. So who is more intelligent? I'm sorry, but I'd give up all this fake intelligence to be ALIVE when all the Notum is gone.

We cannot live without the intervention of notum within our system. Solitus, Opifex AND EVEN ATROX can. So who is more intelligent? I'm sorry, but I'd give up all this fake intelligence to be ALIVE when all the Notum is gone.
    That just doesnt make any sense.

Nanomages are not more intelligent because they have a dependency on notum?

Binding Notum to DNA may be a simple process, but unbinding it may not be. We Solitus, Atrox and Opifex dont exist without notum because we are smart, its just the way we are. Intelligence doesnt factor into it at all.

Its like saying I can exist without having to breathe amonia because I am smart enough not to need it. Yes, I can exist without it, but its not because I am smart, its because I am human. Likewise we can all exist without notum because of what we are. Nanomages cannot exist without it, because of what they are not by some descision to be bound to it.

Besides, I'm pretty sure NO artificial breed can leave Rubi-Ka due to ICC regulations on the spread of non Solitus breeds. All newley created breeds (on Rubi_ka and elsewhere, yes they exist on other worlds) are restricted to the point of origin to prevent a "diluting" of the human species by intermingling of artificial breeds.

((I'm almost positive I read about the breeds not being allowed to go off world somewhere, but I just cant find it again. I have posted this on other topics, and other posters have also said they have read this, so if anyone can fin it I'd appreciate it.))

A monkey could poop in a fishbowl and by some chance of nature, a brood of goldfish with brains the size of Omni-1 could be born. Does this mean the monkey was intelligent?

A nanomage could be born an by the time he's managed to finish his career ((level 200)) could be as dumb as a twig ((Int=20)). What do you have to say about this?

I'm an Atrox with a very high intelligence compared ((450'ish)) to those retarded NanoMages that come into the training grounds ((Int 16'ish)). You callin' me stupid?

These racist and elitist attitudes bother me. It bothers me to think that what a man has in his heart is less important than his DNA sequence. Next thing you know, you'll be telling me the pattern of the black blotches on your face or the color of your skin actually matters.

I find it sad to think that many Nanomages are resigning themselves to slavery. Rather than overcoming their dependancies, they strive to reinforce them. Reminds me of speed stim addicts. For a group of people who are apparently so damned intelligent, I find it surprising that there's no push to explore options in place of the rather brutish and obstinate clinging to the status quo.

Maybe it's not the Atrox who need to be chided for 'not having any balls'. Let's hope the more enlightened folk working on the city of Jobe can prove that the impossible is sometimes possible if you only open your mind to that very concept.

Originally posted by Bionitrous
    A monkey could poop in a fishbowl and by some chance of nature, a brood of goldfish with brains the size of Omni-1 could be born. Does this mean the monkey was intelligent?

A nanomage could be born an by the time he's managed to finish his career ((level 200)) could be as dumb as a twig ((Int=20)). What do you have to say about this?

I'm an Atrox with a very high intelligence compared ((450'ish)) to those retarded NanoMages that come into the training grounds ((Int 16'ish)). You callin' me stupid?

These racist and elitist attitudes bother me. It bothers me to think that what a man has in his heart is less important than his DNA sequence. Next thing you know, you'll be telling me the pattern of the black blotches on your face or the color of your skin actually matters.

I find it sad to think that many Nanomages are resigning themselves to slavery. Rather than overcoming their dependancies, they strive to reinforce them. Reminds me of speed stim addicts. For a group of people who are apparently so damned intelligent, I find it surprising that there's no push to explore options in place of the rather brutish and obstinate clinging to the status quo.

Maybe it's not the Atrox who need to be chided for 'not having any balls'. Let's hope the more enlightened folk working on the city of Jobe can prove that the impossible is sometimes possible if you only open your mind to that very concept.
    That was well said. Well said indeed!
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast