Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Nanomage People

Originally posted by Garret 'Necc' Scheer

You base leadership on intelligence alone?

In my opinion, as a tool as you so eloquently put it, leadership is based off intelligence, true, but not intelligence alone. Empathy, intuition, humbleness (not your strongest virtue), and a deductive thinking are needed for a sound leadership. As are many other traits, but I wont go into detail.

But what I mostly want to say to you is that; You, sir, are an idiot. And what's even worse, a racist idiot. Your blabber will disappear when people stop listening to you, and they will.

I agree...

*gasp*
    Bliqz: "anything Uwen says is a vicious and ugly lie"

Originally posted by Uwen

I agree...

*gasp*

Hmm, did something very strange just happen here.
    Garret "Necc" Scheer press officer of Desert Winds (MSAS)

Karma, the world's true equalizer.

Free Rubi-Ka!

But what I mostly want to say to you is that; You, sir, are an idiot. And what's even worse, a racist idiot.
    While I dont agree with Fako, I dont think hes being racist. Is it racist to point out actual differences in different breeds? No. Its racist to say one group is better than another solely due to their race. In this case, Nano mages are actually smarter, and have potential for higher intellect than anyone else. Its a fact. Does that make them better? No. Did Fako say they are better? No.

Fako isnt saying nanos are better, just smarter, which they are. Thats not racist, thats being truthful. Pointing out that an Opifex is faster than an Atrox isnt racist either, just the truth.

If I was to come out and say that solitus are better, have more value to society than Atrox, that could be construed as a racist comment. But if I simply say Opifex are faster than I am, thats not racist.

So stop waving around the "R" word everytime someone points out a difference between breeds.

Originally posted by Akudama

While I dont agree with Fako, I dont think hes being racist. Is it racist to point out actual differences in different breeds? No. Its racist to say one group is better than another solely due to their race. In this case, Nano mages are actually smarter, and have potential for higher intellect than anyone else. Its a fact. Does that make them better? No. Did Fako say they are better? No.

Fako isnt saying nanos are better, just smarter, which they are. Thats not racist, thats being truthful. Pointing out that an Opifex is faster than an Atrox isnt racist either, just the truth.

If I was to come out and say that solitus are better, have more value to society than Atrox, that could be construed as a racist comment. But if I simply say Opifex are faster than I am, thats not racist.

So stop waving around the "R" word everytime someone points out a difference between breeds.
    No he didn't say they are better, just superior:

The atrox and opifex are simply tools designed to be used by the more intelligent, superior breed, the nanomages.
    Cathryn "Vallikat" Thompon

Your queen of muffiny goodness!
    Director - Gridstream Productions --->Tune In Here

Member, GSP Dancers

Gunney: Lissunin ta GSP mayukz me wanna play... wut bettah reezun duz enee wun need?

Originally posted by ValliKat

No he didn't say they are better, just superior:

Well, if intelligence is the measure by which you gauge superiority then having suprior intelligence would make us superior in that aspect.

I consider all humans of all breeds superior the the ignorant Cave men from which we all evolved and intelligence is the trait that distinguishes us from them. They were probably stronger and faster than homo sapiens as a whole, but we have more intelligence. Likewise Nanomages have more intelligence than other homo breeds. If Homo Sapiens are superior to primitive man due to their intelligence (which is the source of all the achievements) then by the same token the more intelligent nanomage should be considered superior to the other human breeds

Superiority in intelligence doesnt mean we have more value intrinsicly, just that we are smarter, and therefor more suited to tasks that involve thinking.

Atrox have as much value as a Nanomage for example. They make great miners and laborers and that work is needed.

(( we all know this is just IC right? I though I'd play the bad fanatical nanomage role for a while ))

So go be an egg-head scientist and redeisgn yourself so you are not so dependent on an element only found on this planet.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

Why, it is the source of our power. It is the notum in our blood that makes us what we are. Why would I want to handicap myself and become more like you?

Dependency on notum is the price we pay for being what we are.

If your so smart you shouldn't have to handicap yourself.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    -Whisper's Edge-

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

Our dependance on notum and our power comes hand in hand. Your childish quips prove your ignorance and inferiority.

Please refrain from the next comebacks in your repetoir "Oh yeah" or "Nuh-uh".

Your superiority then is admittidly a vulnerability. I still find it amazing that about the only nano-mages (with a possible few exceptions) who notice any ill-effects of this "huge depletion of notum" are those brainwashed by BORPACT. Curious, don't you think?
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    -Whisper's Edge-

Kissysuzuki -

Indeed it is a vulnerability. And indeed it is su****ious if it is as you say. I have experienced no loss of power, no ill effects. I have noticed no depletion of notum. In short I feel fine. More mining means more notum available for my research and to power my nanobots.

Perhaps its a marketing ploy to drive up the price of notum.

Originally posted by Vixentrox
    I still find it amazing that about the only nano-mages (with a possible few exceptions) who notice any ill-effects of this "huge depletion of notum" are those brainwashed by BORPACT. Curious, don't you think?
    Vix. That is not true. Most Nanomages do feel the effects of the notum depletion, but are in denial. Denial because, if they do speak up and say something like, "I've been real sick lately, maybe there is a problem with the notum levels.", right away people would lump them in as a supporter of BORPACT. They'd be called Terrorist, and be shunned by their friends.

Most all nanomages love their life on Rubi-ka, and they are very peaceful people. At the moment, the BORPACT movement is small and its being rejected by many. So why would a peaceful nanomage speak up when they know full well that they will be shunned?

In that respect it makes perfect sense to me why nanomages haven't 'noticed' the ill effects.

I have THE solution to the NLF problem... lets mine ALL the notum and the Borpact problem will solve itself... :twisted:

Sid

Originally posted by Akudama

He wasn't pointing out differences. He was calling me inferior and a tool. And you blame me for being inconciderate...
    Garret "Necc" Scheer press officer of Desert Winds (MSAS)

Karma, the world's true equalizer.

Free Rubi-Ka!

Simple mining is not what hurts us, it is shipping the notum offworld. As such, all outgoing space vehicles should be suspected and dealt with accordingly.

The only solution I see to this is to mine as much notum as possible, and hoarde it for the nano-mage people's future. Along with ways to change our dependance on Notum to something that occurs naturally throughout the universe. Perhaps the solution lies in harvesting the 'soul' material of our Solitus and Opifex friends, as that too seems linked with notum(Rubi-ka being the only world where resurrection technology works). *grins evily*

Mwahahahhaha
    Just because I have a metalic jaw, doesn't mean I've ever been in a 007 movie.

Originally posted by Directive
    Simple mining is not what hurts us, it is shipping the notum offworld. As such, all outgoing space vehicles should be suspected and dealt with accordingly.

The only solution I see to this is to mine as much notum as possible, and hoarde it for the nano-mage people's future. Along with ways to change our dependance on Notum to something that occurs naturally throughout the universe. Perhaps the solution lies in harvesting the 'soul' material of our Solitus and Opifex friends, as that too seems linked with notum(Rubi-ka being the only world where resurrection technology works). *grins evily*

Mwahahahhaha
    Yes, please do mine some so you can be on the list of BORPACT enimies.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    -Whisper's Edge-

Kissysuzuki -

mwahahhah!
    Just because I have a metalic jaw, doesn't mean I've ever been in a 007 movie.

He wasn't pointing out differences. He was calling me inferior and a tool. And you blame me for being inconciderate...
    I dont blame you, its just a pet peeve of mine. No offense intended.

Originally posted by Sidarion
    I have THE solution to the NLF problem... lets mine ALL the notum and the Borpact problem will solve itself... :twisted:

Sid

Aye... then you lose your best worst enemy ME ... *laughing*
    -

The storms show her pain... electric coated tears that reflect her sorrow... lava boils from the heat of her

rage... we are one and the same.... She is my Rubi-Ka and I am her nanomage ....

Originally posted by Vixentrox
    An ancient man called Darwin espoused survival of the fittest. !
    Greater ancient peoples espoused love. Love one another.

And its direct application here is don't export harm, and don't harm in the process of export. ((You're lives will go on very well if we can all give you PNH. ))
    Vashti Vashtiklorna Toussand,
    Nanomage Liberation Front.
    "Until all are free!"

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast