Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Nanomage People

Of course we can peacefully coexist, with nanomages benevolently ruling the lesser breeds as it should be. Why shouldnt the most intelligent rule, those that have the capacity to comprehend, plan, administer a superior form of world government. The lesser breeds just dont have the brain power to rule, they are ruled by their base animal emotions, not by their intelligence.

Evolution has continually enhanced the intelligence of the human race, not its strength, quickness or ambition. Nanomages are just the next step in evolution. Being of superior intelligence and potential. We are simply superior to the lesser breeds, and there for natural order dictates that we should rule. But we must take what is ours, the lesser breeds simply dont have the capacity to comprehend the greater good of nanomage rule!
    I take a dim view of such brazen disregard of the other breeds. We seek self determination not to subjugate others. It is also extremely shortsighted to attack the intelligence of those who we are trying to convince of our right to exist. Fakonamo is not a member of the NLF and does not speak for our cause.
    Aazamon General of the Nanomage Liberation Front

28973 The first Homo Nano is born in an Omni-Tek laboratory. The inclusion of trace notum into the DNA sequencing of Nano foetuses means that this breed is able to live only on Rubi-Ka.

Until all are free!

We are recruiting

The Nanomage Liberation Front

Its good to hear that you don't support the racist ramblings of a foolish person.
    Bliqz: "anything Uwen says is a vicious and ugly lie"

I suggest giving the Nanomages pickaxes and wheelbarrows to go and mine some notum for themselves, I will stand outside the mine and buff there strength to the level that they can lift the mining tools. Note: If any mines collapse on said nanomages while mining for there notum there dead bodies notum can be taken and refined back to notums to be given to them back at reclaim where they can then make there way back to the mine to start over.

All this for only a small fee of 100,000,000 credits should about suffice.

Of course I'm not a member of your sideline sitting org! I dont sit back and cry "why oh why are you doing this to poor little us?!?!", I dont make up lies about notum depletion. I Fight for our rightful place in the universe.

Label it racist if you like, but nanomages were engineered to be of superior intelligence. In this case NOT all men were created equal. Atrox are strong, Opifex are quick, Nanomages are intelligent.

When considering a good ruler, it is intelligence not strength or quickness that is important. So who better than the most intelligent to be the ruling class.

We were each designed for a role, worker/soldier (atrox), tunnlerunner/craftsman (opifex), overseer/ruler (nanomages).

Labeling it foolishness without disproving it will only appeal to the ignorant you seem to surround yourselves with.

Vallikat walks away feeling confused and wishing she hadn't been so quick with her kind words.
    Don't let the ramblings of an unaffiliated Nanomage blind you to the true meaning of the cause of the NLF. It may be true that some will, due to insecurity, develope a superiority complex. This is clearly not the position of the NLF, and if you read our Borpact carefully you will see this manifested.

28973 The first Homo Nano is born in an Omni-Tek laboratory. The inclusion of trace notum into the DNA sequencing of Nano foetuses means that this breed is able to live only on Rubi-Ka.

Until all are free!

We are recruiting

While I am not a pasty-skinned nanomage, some of what Fako says makes sense. Some of the greatest leaders in history have been small in stature while large intellectually. Leaders dont fill their advisor positions with thugs, they find the most intelligent.

I would rather follow a Socrates over a Mike Tyson (a brutish sports figure from old earth history) anyday. Sure one may be strong and fierce, but he probably couldnt think his way out of a wet paper bag, let alone rule a society.

However, one characteristic of leadership Fako seems to have overlooked (and is lacking) is charisma, the ability to get people to follow.

((ooc: anyone remember the Simpsons episode where Mensa took over Springfield when the mayor left? ))

Originally posted by Aazamon

Don't let the ramblings of an unaffiliated Nanomage blind you to the true meaning of the cause of the NLF. It may be true that some will, due to insecurity, develope a superiority complex. This is clearly not the position of the NLF, and if you read our Borpact carefully you will see this manifested.
    There are some I am close to that will give me hell I would imagine for saying anything supportive of your guild because of Borpac. But, I don't really concern myself with all that political stuff. Maybe I should. But, personally I don't like the mining so much because I don't like what it does to the landscape and the ecosystem. But I don't believe that the mining is depleting the notum to any significant extent so as to make the conditions on rubika unfavorable to the nanomage breed. I guess you could say that I agree that it should be reduced, but I don't agree with your methods or your reasons behind destroying mines. I only know what I saw last night which both surprised me and impressed me.
    Cathryn "Vallikat" Thompon

Your queen of muffiny goodness!
    Director - Gridstream Productions --->Tune In Here

Member, GSP Dancers

Gunney: Lissunin ta GSP mayukz me wanna play... wut bettah reezun duz enee wun need?

When considering a good ruler, it is intelligence not strength or quickness that is important. So who better than the most intelligent to be the ruling class.
    I would say to you that Intelligence has never been the primary atribute of great leaders. Although a strong intelligence is important, strength of character, moral Fiber, and the abillity to communicate have always been more important. While many Nanomages are excellent leaders, we don't hold a monopoly on good leadership skills. Leadership often comes from unexpected corners. In fact most of the extremely brilliant minds tend to lean away from leadership for whatever reason. Some like to do pure research, others are too concerned with contimplation to lead. A good leader is selfless and dedicated. Also a good leader has more than one atribute that qualifies them for leadership.

Of course I'm not a member of your sideline sitting org! I dont sit back and cry "why oh why are you doing this to poor little us?!?!", I dont make up lies about notum depletion. I Fight for our rightful place in the universe.
    obviously you know nothing of the Nanomage Liberation Front. We have been on the front lines of defending our people for a long time. We use all means neccessary, diplomatic and military to defend our people. We are not crying out "poor little us" rather we are stating either peacefully defend our right to exist or we will force your hand to allowing our right to exist.

Until all are free!

We are recruiting

Originally posted by Akudama

((ooc: anyone remember the Simpsons episode where Mensa took over Springfield when the mayor left? ))
    ((Yes, they ended up fighting each other and lost control of the city ))

OOC (( heh I was thinking about the exact same episode of the simpsons, funny that. And yes that episode clearly showed a widely held view that intelligence alone is not a superior leadership attribute.))

Until all are free!

We are recruiting

Originally posted by Aazamon
    OOC ((And yes that episode clearly showed a widely held view that intelligence alone is not a superior leadership attribute.))
    ((Yes, having green spikey hair is ))

Some of the most intelligent people in history have been the most uncharismatic people that couldn't lead a troop of leet scouts to the basic shop. Intelligence is hardly a defining factor in leadership that much is certain.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

The opposite is also true. Some of the most charismatic have also not been the most intelligent. A truly great leader possesses both qualities.
    Cathryn "Vallikat" Thompon

Your queen of muffiny goodness!
    Director - Gridstream Productions --->Tune In Here

Member, GSP Dancers

Gunney: Lissunin ta GSP mayukz me wanna play... wut bettah reezun duz enee wun need?

While it is true that the figurehead of a leadership has the qualities stated, it still remains true that the intelligent "elite" should actually rule a society for the betterment of all.

Does the shadowy council (or board of directors) actually rule or the charismatic figurehead (Ross with respect to OT-RK)? Find a nice looking sounding puppet and let the nanomages govern society.

Where as Fakonamo is trying to hijack this conversation I think most of us agree that leadership is a matter of personal qualities rather than breed. My main concern however is guids such as "The Nanomage Poachers" http://www.anarchy-online.com/org/st...1/name/4980738 who clearly see our threat to Omni-Tek's profits and have decided to take cause in our destruction. While I would agree that it was a mistake of Omni-Tek to create a being of so much intelligence that could turn on thier desire to control us, it does not give them a right to aim for our destruction.

Until all are free!

We are recruiting

If NanoMage and Solitus and Opifex are 'breeds' under the 'Homo Sapiens' Genus/Species classification, then they can screw each other and reproduce to produce a mutt, just like a Chihuaha male can impregnate a Great Dane female and make whatever is gonna come out. Breeds are typically noted for their ability to reproduce with each other.

Species (except on rare occasion) on the other hand, are not able to reproduce. One species of whale cannot reproduce with another. Exceptions include Donkeys and Horses effectively intercoursing and creating a 'Mule'. Mules can almost never reproduce, however and not with each other.

I think we need some clarification as to terminology. From what I gather, many people believe that 'Homo Nano' as it's commonly referred to is a seperate species created through genetic mutation and manipulation. I can go along with that. That being the case, don't expect too many 'My mommy was a hot Opi who got seduced by the killer computer rig my Nano dad used to cyber her up on while they were kids' histories.

Originally posted by Vixentrox
    It also was in jest. Your data is slanted and equally absurd in my mind. I belive in the right of the nano-mages to exist, but I think this is just a political crusade, using a distortion of data to bring the leaders of the movement political power and a cult of follwers. The majority of nano-mages feel no ill effects and I think your brainwashing has turned folks into hypochondriacs....imaging they are feeling sick.

As you know Vixen... I feel no different now than the day of my creation.... I fully reject everything said by the NLF and the BORPAC in regards to notum loss and its effects on the nanomage people.... As I've stated before, there is more to notum and our links to it that can be documented...

But I will say this.... If the whole world turns on my people, then I will be forced to join them against the world... I just hope that my family and friends in Whispers Edge will suport the nanomage people and not persecute us....
    -

The storms show her pain... electric coated tears that reflect her sorrow... lava boils from the heat of her

rage... we are one and the same.... She is my Rubi-Ka and I am her nanomage ....

We are not persecuting the nanomage people, Buggy, and the world is certainly not against them.

As I have said before, the nanomage Employees of Omni-Tek have little to worry about, some of the greatest scientific minds are nanomages who have herald in a new era of Nanotechnology, developed right here on Rubi-Ka.
    The Nanomage breed require Notum in the atmosphere to be sustained, not in the ground, thats how the nanobots augment themselves. So you dont have to be alarmed, its just a group of radical Nanomages trying to stir up a storm.

I feel strongly about my nanomage brothers and sisters, but when I see them killing people and causing distruction and mayhem over something which they have not researched, it makes me feel angry that my fellow nanomage brothers and sisters are doing this.
    Tikon - Forever an MP. Rest in peace my dear old friend.

Remember, Life is a Journey, Not a Destination, So enjoy the ride..

Originally posted by Fakonamo

Yes, you are correct. But, the ability to crush skulls make a nice worker or soldier, not a good leader of men. The ability to move quickly has its uses, but not in governing a society.

Ruling a society is a matter of intelligence, not physical feats. Would you follow a leader whos only claim to fame was he could crush a skull, but couldnt figure out how to plug into the grid? If you would you are a fool.

Leaders need intelligence, not strength, speed, or any physical traits. Think of various leaders in history, the best such leaders were accomplished mentally, not physically (some even "handicapped" physically)

Would you rather follow the plan for governing a society developed by the worlds strongest fastest idiot, or by a wheelchair bound genius?

Strength and physical prowess may indeed be assets on the battlefield but not when ruling a society.
    You base leadership on intelligence alone?

In my opinion, as a tool as you so eloquently put it, leadership is based off intelligence, true, but not intelligence alone. Empathy, intuition, humbleness (not your strongest virtue), and a deductive thinking are needed for a sound leadership. As are many other traits, but I wont go into detail.

But what I mostly want to say to you is that; You, sir, are an idiot. And what's even worse, a racist idiot. Your blabber will disappear when people stop listening to you, and they will.
    Garret "Necc" Scheer press officer of Desert Winds (MSAS)

Karma, the world's true equalizer.

Free Rubi-Ka!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast