Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: 13.8 Preliminary Patch Notes up

Originally posted by JuJutsu

Personally, I don't want to be pushed into PvP areas. I would like even fewer PvP areas or best of all, a separate server for you Pkers.
    why not choose neutral as ure side if u want to avoid pvp???

(never been neutral and dont pvp, but I guess clan\omni cant attack neutral if not in a mayhem zone)

Exclamation roots

there seems to be some debate here, and i have a comment and a question about roots....

first the question. having never played an enf, i have no idea, but someone commented that the rage line of enf nanos are DESIGNED to break nanos....if so, there is at least one that is immune. can anyone confirm this for me?

second, i KNOW that nano resist helps lower root times....having rooted myself, an nt, many times (ok, used to melee types where i have myself targeted for heals ok? lol), and have been chain rooted lately after 13.7 patch. the root lasts less time when yer skill is higher...and of course, when being chain rooted (real wierd, i liked it.....while mob was rooting me, i was blasting him..heh) and turned 75% of them back, making them useless. i know nano resist is expensive for some professions...but heck, my nt has all evades at full for level, because they are just SO usefull...and those skills are all dark blue for me.

besides, all professions have their "bane" . rock-paper-scisors time eh? some professions complain about how powerful others are...heck, mt nt HATES traders....i lose most of my effectiveness when debuffed....and those "unmake" nanos from mp's....dear god those HURT...unmake matcrea....ouch. whereas i can root and longrange bombard an MA. all professions have their nemises - otherwise, tactics would be useless eh?

Cool Re: 13.8 Preliminary Patch Notes up

Originally posted by Tiran
    You should get more "points" from each token at higher levels! This should now better reflect the time it takes to get the tokens at higher levels. Please do not see this as us "diluting" the value of past accomplishments.
    Please define "points". More tokens?

There is now a chance of getting a special token reward for killing sided monsters.
    Is this for mobs we find in the wild?

Monster changes:

NPC Nano Technicians have had several nano programs removed, since they made them too powerful.

Monster AC decreased. There was a bug in the AC of "human" monsters. They got their AC added twice. This has now been fixed, and should a decreased chance of hitting "minimum" damage only.
    THANK GOD!

Martial Artist changes:

The martial arts damage output has been increased! The "damage range" has been increased too, so the chance of doing minimum damage only to monsters has decreased.

The martial arts critical have been increased quite a bit. You should no longer envy having a shotgun when you use martial arts as your prime attack.
    I can start playing my MA again!
    Last edited by Obitus; Feb 16th, 2002 at 09:57:08.
    O b i t u s Atrox Clan Enforcer My trade skill? Smackin' stuff till it cries! Obi's Rig
    Unit Memer of S t o r m

Never Forget

Cool

Originally posted by Fion
    All you people CRYING out about the mission xp nerf have just plain EGNORED the people who have outright told you that the only xp you do NOT get is the final reward (and most people play for money anyway.) Even if you do missions for the final XP reward that is STILL only what.. 1k at lvl90 (on a full team)?
    I see from your stats that you are lvl 38. Once you get above lvl 110 or so, money is not an issue. XP rules all. And, the final reward for finishing a mission with a full team ranges from 50k to 400k PER PERSON. If you are running a 3-4 man team, these numbers go up dramatically. Just ask any person doing missions in BS if they are there for the money or the xp.
    Last edited by Obitus; Feb 16th, 2002 at 09:57:58.
    O b i t u s Atrox Clan Enforcer My trade skill? Smackin' stuff till it cries! Obi's Rig
    Unit Memer of S t o r m

Never Forget

Originally posted by Pailin
    it took people 3 weeks to get 1000 tokens when the game was released. you could just run them before lev 6... this change is a welcome blessing for the non-exploiters.

I am not complaining that it is too hard, I'm just saying that it might be NICE to get a token esier at higher level... It takes 30 min to get at lev 1... and 2 hours at lev 100... and 3 hours at lev 150....

I got 239 tokens myself, I'm at 149, I would like to have 250 without having to spend 2 weeks doing it.
    Most of the ppl that got 1k boards in the beginning did so by buying tokens. Tokens (along with other no drop/no trade items) were tradable when I first started the game. I saw them in the shopping channel all the time.

You can still run missions for tokens before lvl 6 and then /terminate to keep the missions close and easy. At lvl 6-8 I have token farmers that can get 6 tokens an hour!

At lvl 155, I have 93 tokens with my main character. (I was a neutral at first and had no clue as to how valuable tokens were) I welcome the chance to get multiple tokens per mission or get tokens for killing sided mobs in the wild.
    Unit Memer of S t o r m

Never Forget

Originally posted by Sorg

why not choose neutral as ure side if u want to avoid pvp???

(never been neutral and dont pvp, but I guess clan\omni cant attack neutral if not in a mayhem zone)
    Hehe, if only.

if you want to avoid pvp going neut is not the best option, as a good deal of people on both sides in a 25 or 0% area will open fire on you as soon as you show up as a tab target (wich all neuts do to both clanners and omni, and we can be shot at in both areas, and in 25% zones we can never initiate an attack)
    there are a few who take the time to check if they are opening fire on a neut or omni/clanner (whatever applies), but most of the times you'll get your head shot off/hit hard with some large blunt object/ disassembled by somebody's demon or walking shredder before you can say "i come in peace" or "bloody hell that hurt" for that matter.

as a neut in a political or mayhem zone you either have to know what you're doing/be dangerous enough to discern people from shooting you, have friends that will guard you and give other faction members a heads-up that you're not a valid target (not a very reliable way of staying alive if there are lots of people in the area mind you) or simply stay away from said zones, a good few choose the last option.
    a short summary: if you want to aviod as much pvp as possible, pick a side, at least you'll only have to worry about one side shooting at you in 25% zones

I personally don't want to have a seperate pvp server though, as if you're ever going to roleplay living in a climate affected by war, you simply can't avoid that somewhere, at some time, someone has decided to go out and simply kill whoever is unfortunate enough to walk in their direction regardless of what the victim's purpose for being in the area was.
    and in any war, it's never the soldiers who have the toughest time mind you, it's the people living between the two (or more) sides that get shafted the worst, be they civilians (who have had it worse than the NPCs of newland, borealis, or last ditch up to now i wonder, well most clanners and omni will probably get a feel for that now they their cities are under 75%) or the non-affiliates.

as far as the patch goes, i think it looks pretty good, i also hope you can still break roots *after* combat has ended, and the way it's written in the patch notes it could be either i suppose, so i guess we'll just have to wait and see.

MA crit comparison.

ok fully buffed with all store nanos(level 110ish) at level 117 on test. In backyard 5 against leets with 0 ac, I hit for a 1100 crit melee consistantly. The ma skill is 727.

(Also for mikebond who said crits dmg dont increase or decrease. On ql 48 shades my crit was for 1069 ql 86 shades my crit was 975 consistantly on test)

On live with my level 128 ma with very good implants and +22 in dmg rings, and 130ish buffs. My crit against the exact same leets was a 25% chance of criting either i hit for 427 or crit for 931. The ma skill was 750.

there is your crit comparison. You do crit more frequently. And for a little more dmg. I personally think they could increase this just a tad more.
    Last edited by killahsin; Feb 16th, 2002 at 13:38:36.

Originally posted by Scorus
    [B]

I think Funcom is "deluded" if they think that this doesn't "dilute" past accomplishments. I really don't like the idea of dumbing down tokens. They are hard to get for a reason and people who spend most of their time hunting shouldn't be rewarded like the people who spend their time doing missions for the Clans/OT.

Scorus
    Who gives a **** what ppl harvesting tokens at lvl6 thinks its not like thats an accomplishment. Its just boring. Higher lvl 50% missions are alot harder to complete than 50% lvl6 missions. so a token bonus soudns cool.
    And people solo hunting to gain lvls with ALOT of tokens.. well they play solo and therefore it doesnt matter

hehe and now i can get some token love for my board..

Cool

Originally posted by BrutalThug

Who gives a **** what ppl harvesting tokens at lvl6 thinks its not like thats an accomplishment. Its just boring. Higher lvl 50% missions are alot harder to complete than 50% lvl6 missions. so a token bonus soudns cool.
    Hey! Having 2 token farmers myself, and a lvl 155, I can tell you that the accomplishment is surviving the boredom!
    Unit Memer of S t o r m

Never Forget

A few facts :

Tokens

It has been reported at Level 180 you get 7 tokens for a completed missions. [Still to determine if reward is based on personal level or mission level]

Tokens off Mobs are regular tokens for your token board.

Nano Resist

Roots do seem to time out early with nano resist, not sure if this is just a lag thing though. My nano resist is currently not high enough to properly test. Alot of people probably don't know since everybody debuffs it off before it has a chance to expire.

Nano resist does help, one player I know of with around 1000 nano resist (maxxed, implanted and then buffed) has resisted a Mob cast Izzy Last Word. When your able to max those evades AND nano resist.

Solo Missions in Team XP Reward

A level 200 missions usually netts you around 90-100k xp per person. A full hard mission (100%) will nett a solo person 5% of their total xp if completed....

There was an exploit that let you get this reward even if you did not fight through the mission, it was recently fixed after the player using it informed Funcom.... after they reached level 200 first of course.

The MISSION COMPLETE reward (Be it XP or Money) is only given to the person whose mission it is. Mob xp during a mission is still shared.

Currently Solo missions are still able to be run with a team..... this is expected to change when Team missions (which will be alot harder than Solo missions) become available - Consider yourself warned.

Roots
    Raise your Nano Resist

As a side note, any player that STILL doesn't know that the way to avoid crits is to raise your evades should be taken out a shot repeatably. Please stop whining about being critted by players or mobs if you haven't got decent evades.

Shotguns - Side matter that is raging in other forums but I'll stick in here.

Or for that matter any weapon will do fearsome damage if it crits you, please note that many players not only use crit buffs but also scopes and/or TIM's hud. Your defense is evade skills, raise them. Also note the reason why Traders do such high levels of damage is cause they can have a very high ATT score (and hence AMS) due to deprive/ransack and hence increase their crit chance.
    Ye Olde and Original Founding is BACK !

Australian Timezone - RK1

Thumbs up Re: quit making me sick

Originally posted by Sorzella
    STOP crying for a damn root nerf!!! Balance ISSUE? WTF do you call Trader debuffs? DOC Debuffs and full healing?/??? MPs Nanoshutdown AND Debuffs??? STOP IT STOP IT, no nerfs to root.. If you nerf root then NERF EVERYTHING IN PVP for christs sake!!!! First you cry cry cry to nerf STUNS and it happens 48 hours after being fixed. NOW your crying to nerf ROOTS just because you cant EXPLOIT anymore????? Sorry but if roots get nerfed, so does your customer base, you will have no NTs left in the game, but then that is what you want isnt it... ROOTS BREAK WHEN YOU ARE HIT damn you... Yes I agree that the root should DROP when the one who cast it on you dies... Thats it thats the only thing that should change to roots, is when the one who stuck the root on you dies, so does the root, other than that STOP WHINING ABOUT ROOTS.. NTs have EVERYONE to fear in pvp because they can be made useless by 50% of the classes with ONE freaking debuff/shutdown or whatever.. Now MAs are crying that oh no an NT rooted me, well TOUGH, we have to put up with all the other crap that SHUTS us down completely from many classes.. PvP is a team effort and if you run into a pvp zone as an MA solo, expect your ass to get rooted, just like if a NT goes into a pvp zone THEY WILL BE DEBUFFED or SHUTDOWN...

bah..

Sorzella 117NT
    Just a couple of words here: Remember that a root will break once you get hit/shot/whatever. So it`s not a really big deal. And in addition, Rooting is one of the VERY few advantages NTs got, so PHLEASE, let us have it. We get owned by shutdown, we get owned by soldier`s weapons, we get owned by EVERYTHING in melee. So please let us keep the root n nuke advantage.
    ~Have you hugged your leet today?~

F̶u̶n̶c̶o̶m̶ ̶l̶i̶s̶t̶e̶n̶s̶ ̶:̶)̶
    Thanks for "fixing" DM, Funcom, yeah, no really... thank you so, so much. I was missing having my toolset put back to 2007.

Thumbs up

Originally posted by Ashuras
    One suggested solution: Give us an item with maybe 10 second use/recharge time that can be used to break root .... so that we can use it AFTER combat. (10 second should be long enuf such that u can't use it during combat).

If u're still worried about this item being too powerful, u can even make it remove ALL buffs (even beneficial/friendly ones) in the NCU and call it "NCU REBOOT" or something
    bump

Thanks for "fixing" DM, Funcom, yeah, no really... thank you so, so much. I was missing having my toolset put back to 2007.

Re: roots

Originally posted by CorwynRose
    there seems to be some debate here, and i have a comment and a question about roots....

first the question. having never played an enf, i have no idea, but someone commented that the rage line of enf nanos are DESIGNED to break nanos....if so, there is at least one that is immune. can anyone confirm this for me?

second, i KNOW that nano resist helps lower root times....having rooted myself, an nt, many times (ok, used to melee types where i have myself targeted for heals ok? lol), and have been chain rooted lately after 13.7 patch. the root lasts less time when yer skill is higher...and of course, when being chain rooted (real wierd, i liked it.....while mob was rooting me, i was blasting him..heh) and turned 75% of them back, making them useless. i know nano resist is expensive for some professions...but heck, my nt has all evades at full for level, because they are just SO usefull...and those skills are all dark blue for me.

besides, all professions have their "bane" . rock-paper-scisors time eh? some professions complain about how powerful others are...heck, mt nt HATES traders....i lose most of my effectiveness when debuffed....and those "unmake" nanos from mp's....dear god those HURT...unmake matcrea....ouch. whereas i can root and longrange bombard an MA. all professions have their nemises - otherwise, tactics would be useless eh?
    You speak the truth my fellow colleague :-D (Also NT)

Re: 13.8 Preliminary Patch Notes up

Originally posted by Tiran
    From the official site, in progress:

The reward for PvP has been changed. You will now be able to loot all items your opponent has gained since last saving, and you will receive a trophy if the person looses more then 10% of the experience needed to gain a level.
    Great, FC supports griefing more and more with each patch, level 80 player gets mission in 25% zone for an important item, kills all stuff inside for 3 hours, gets a bunch of cool items, exp and the good item, steps out of mission, looses all to a level 180 guy, who is bored, tabs and kills him in 10 seconds. Funcom puts the fun back into Funcom...err no, wait the opposite.

Oh wait, maybe high level content means, more opportunities for high levels to gank low levels ? Weeeee...

You should get more "points" from each token at higher levels! This should now better reflect the time it takes to get the tokens at higher levels. Please do not see this as us "deluding" the value of past accomplishments.
    Well I play higher level chars, so great for me...of course that imbalances PvP even more, as now high level players have a good chance to get the uber 1000 token board, and can rule even more than they already do. The 75+ free for all rule is just insane.

Your team members will no longer share the experience when doing single player missions as a team
    Ya great, why do you even ask what we want most ? Team missions. Gaute even answered, that he saw the light and that the customers obviously wanted team missions...and what do you do ? Nerf solo missions for teams, where teams HAVE to play due to lack of content for high level play and non working team missions. Jeez, put in team missions first, then nerf, what a moronic change.

The Biomech armour cloak will now fit in the correct clothing slot.
    Now that's nice, I have a full ql 200 bio armor set, only the cloak never worked.

Added a new dungeon; Smugglers Den!
    Ya, great, more content for mid level players, it was for 90-120, right ? And once again no high level content, whoopdedoop. Camelot castle is a joke, all mobs are GREY except Tarasque, and that mob takes ages to kill. Where the hell is the high level content ?

Two places where you could get stuck in Tir have been removed.
    I know one of those places, you never see so many ARKs at another spot, the poor new players always fell in there and could not get out

We have added special shops for Fixers and Traders.
    Lets hope there is stuff sold up to ql 200, otherwise it's again no freaking high level content. But I bet there is only stuff up to ql 125, same as I was right before the PvP fix for stuns was put in, where I said it would make stun utterly useless for (solo) PvM, which it did.

NPC Nano Technicians have had several nano programs removed, since they made them too powerful.
    Good.

A certain large lizard has some new goodies.
    It sure won't be a Fixer item, wanna bet ?
    But I still look forward to it, at least it is ql 200

Monster AC decreased. There was a bug in the AC of "human" monsters. They got their AC added twice. This has now been fixed, and should a decreased chance of hitting "minimum" damage only.
    Very good, it got old hitting often for 11,11,11,2400,11,11

All stun nanos will now have their recharge time executed correctly.
    Stop messing around with that and return it to the state of pre 13.6 !

It will no longer be possible to break Root nanos during a fight by executing hostile nanos on yourself.
    I sure hope you did not lie again, when Gaute wrote that this would ONLY be removed when there are other means in game to legally break roots. So, did you lie again, or will there be a way ?

The feedback has been reduced when Speech nanos are executed on you. You will no longer receive a message each time these nanos refresh.
    I never cared about the text, but every time it gets executed, I can NOT cast my own spells, as that counts as my own exection, will that be fixed or not ?

Armour summoned by Fixers should now go in the right slots.
    There is no Fixer who summons normal armor, use your time for this super duper thingy instead please.

The martial arts damage output has been increased! The "damage range" has been increased too, so the chance of doing minimum damage only to monsters has decreased.

The martial arts critical have been increased quite a bit. You should no longer envy having a shotgun when you use martial arts as your prime attack.
    Very good, and you are right there even were a few MAs going for shotgun.

The Area Burst special attack has been added. [/B]
    Can you be more cryptic ? I have no idea what that means.
    Last edited by Greystar; Feb 18th, 2002 at 13:12:55.
    RK1 Guild Apocalypse

Dillon "Duradas" Belote, Fixer
    Kiyoko "Selarana" Vallone, Meta Physicist
    Donald "Jorman" Dublin, Bureaucrat
    Burl "Gnorrg" Marinos, Enforcer
    Florence "Florania" Aronstein, Doctor
    ----
    RK3, Arnold "Gideon" Reineman, Enforcer

just a small thing gideon, i belive what they mean by "XP is not shared when doing teamed solo missions" is the reward xp when completing your objective, not from kills etc.
    i also belive someone has clarified this after playing on the test server. (and found it to be the reward xp bonus, nothing else mind you)

Solution for everyone who is worried about getting looted after a mission. Invest in adventuring skill and a backpack. Get to mission, go in and do it, put loot in the backpack (even a small one can carry the important loot out completely, most is just junk) and then wear the backpack. Its now clothing, and not part of your inventory and no longer loot.

Heck, I don't PvP at all really, but I don't mind getting shot at. The war is one of the reasons that I like AO so much.

Personally, I think there should be 3 tiers of levels for PvP, and most, if not all, zones Political. 1-25, PvP protected in all zones. 26-100 level protected in all zones. 100+ Open game.

Lets see some deep raids into each other's terretory folks.

Originally posted by Harlequin
    just a small thing gideon, i belive what they mean by "XP is not shared when doing teamed solo missions" is the reward xp when completing your objective, not from kills etc.
    Yes I know, but at my level with the people i team with, it's 100-300k exp for everyone in full team.

The exp reward can be up to 1/24 of the exp needed to level.

That is a nice bonus, and doesn't hurt anyone, so it makes absolutely no sense what they are pulling off again here.
    RK1 Guild Apocalypse

Dillon "Duradas" Belote, Fixer
    Kiyoko "Selarana" Vallone, Meta Physicist
    Donald "Jorman" Dublin, Bureaucrat
    Burl "Gnorrg" Marinos, Enforcer
    Florence "Florania" Aronstein, Doctor
    ----
    RK3, Arnold "Gideon" Reineman, Enforcer

well yes, i'll agree with you there, just thought you were one of the people thinking this was the end of BS and PM as far as teaming went

Originally posted by Kuniama
    Solution for everyone who is worried about getting looted after a mission. Invest in adventuring skill and a backpack. Get to mission, go in and do it, put loot in the backpack (even a small one can carry the important loot out completely, most is just junk) and then wear the backpack. Its now clothing, and not part of your inventory and no longer loot.
    Also its another good reason to take along a Fixer, Doc or NT - To grid you out, hell we even experimented with an Eng Taxi Service (5 team members go off to do indivdual missions and on completion the Eng beacons them back for them to go get a 2nd mission)
    Ye Olde and Original Founding is BACK !

Australian Timezone - RK1

Originally posted by Kuniama
    Yes, this can work, though it means taking off your back armor/crat suit/coat whatever. And I'm just as concerned about the fact that this will cause more mission camping and cost me more XP. Once you get to a certain level it gets real hard to get a mission in a non-PvP area. Plus I'm often leaving missions with very little health to heal.

This is just a bad plan that will play right into the hands of the griefers.

Scorus

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456