Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 13.8 Preliminary Patch Notes up

Make Nano Resistance more effective (but still only when you have spent the IP to max it) and give fixers and crats a root-breaking nano. Fixers are the masters of movement and crats are the masters of rooting and both classes are underpowered. Make Fixers root-breaking better (lower reqs? lower casting time?) so that they will be more valued by groups.

Scorus

Question Fixer/Trader Shops

Are the new Fixer/Trader Only terminals the same thing?

Nothing special/different for either profession?

Some explanation of them would be good.

Are they related to the gambling terminals that have showed up in the bar/cafe areas of the dual adv/superior stores in Newland and 20k?

Thanks,
    Ecce

Mahdi, it's even worse.

From what I hear.

Bow Special is still on lots of bows.

Bow Special still doesn't work.

Bow Special Arrows (arrows for the bow special) cost around 35k a piece.

You should still be able to use the reet tech though, just that there's still no bow special.

FC, if you're going to change the way XP is given out in team missions, then FIX THE FRIKKIN TEAM MISSION BOOTHS!!!

How dare you even think of gimping teams like this until you get team missions to actually work...
    Commander Barron
    Prime Director: Omni-1 Operations
    2nd in Command
    Division 9 [R.S.G.E]
    barron@rsge.net
    Click Here to Visit the ALL NEW Division 9 Website

Re: Mahdi, it's even worse.

Originally posted by DJuxtapose
    From what I hear.

Bow Special is still on lots of bows.

Bow Special still doesn't work.

Bow Special Arrows (arrows for the bow special) cost around 35k a piece.

You should still be able to use the reet tech though, just that there's still no bow special.
    Thx for the info and for depressing me (not your fault, appreciate the info ) Have a "semi-social" crat that uses bows just to be different, was amazed how much damage you can do with them and how fast they shoot. I had to pump a lot of ip into bow special to equip a QL 100+ reet tech. I think I could have better used them for......errrr..........let's see......Swimming comes to mind.....to be able to.....do the Newland lake in under 40 seconds

GreetingZz

-Mah
    Corine "Lifedelite" Harrist - 198 clan doc - Rimor - President of EcoDisaster <---- semi-retired
    Angel "Speeddragon" Dust - 74 clan Fix - Rimor - EcoDisaster <---- semi-fanatic
    Fighter "Reflekt" Gunz - 169 clan Sol - Rimor - EcoDisaster <---- I like Guns! equipment

Okay, so it would be nice to root someone and not have it broken with a cheap general debuff nano. But I also think that if the mob dies, the stupid root should die with him.

The idea of running in slowmo for 5 or more minutes, or rooted in pace in a mission is gonna get old fast. Some missions are loaded with root casters, and they seem to root me just as they die, hehe.

Originally posted by Nanogater
    I hope my earlier post is screened correct for you ppl, at my end it goes way off into the unkown right hand side of my screen...
    Dunno, it used a bright blue make-your-eyes-water font so I didn't bother reading it or the second one. I don't care what was there, its not worth all the squinting.

Originally posted by ULTRA1

Also, making mort 25% gas was a BRILLIANT IDEA. I would like even more PVP areas but heck I would settle for some incentive to push players into existing large PVP areas. Maybe these new fangled static dungeons could find their way into places like Stret West Bank's 25% zones or USEB, or ESB.
    Personally, I don't want to be pushed into PvP areas. I would like even fewer PvP areas or best of all, a separate server for you Pkers.

Please pay attention to what have been already said before posting.

"THEY NERFED MISSIONS ! I CAN'T LEVEL ANYMORE!" ... Sad

All you people CRYING out about the mission xp nerf have just plain EGNORED the people who have outright told you that the only xp you do NOT get is the final reward (and most people play for money anyway.) Even if you do missions for the final XP reward that is STILL only what.. 1k at lvl90 (on a full team)?

Besides they boosted the viability, and enjoment of missions bye rewarding more tokens (2 at my lvl) and having a chance to get tokens for bravery from opposing faction NPCs.

READ THE OTHER POSTS BEFORE BLATENTLY CRY NERF.

Oh I loved Mahdi's post where he asks how the new arrows work and bye the end of his paragraph he proclaimed it was a nerf. lol. I think some of you players are more nerf happy then the devs sometimes.

There does seem to be a problem with the new arrows.. not working or what not. I have not tested this myself but others are and I'm sure as soon as everything is understood and fixed (if need be) this will turn out to be a PLUS to bow-wielders.
    Last edited by Fion; Feb 15th, 2002 at 20:24:11.
    http://community.anarchy-online.com/...1/name/xaielao
    "Yea, I've got your information.. you got my money?"
    Proud member of 3305 Local
    A non-GA Fixer, and pround of it!

Fergus ~ 27 Soldier (after wipe) ~ Test
    "No escaping pain! You belong to me.." Megadeath-Skin o' my Teeth

Fion ~ 25 Opi MA (after wipe) ~ Test
    "Woh look at that MOB! Think I can take it? *SMACK* OUCH!"

Exclamation PvP and servers

Originally posted by JuJutsu

Personally, I don't want to be pushed into PvP areas. I would like even fewer PvP areas or best of all, a separate server for you Pkers.
    If you don't like PvP, then why are you playing Anarchy Online? AO was designed to include PvP from day one. That AO is a game with integrated PvP and PvM content has been known for well over a year and a half!

As for servers, AO was promised to be one world, and I hope that the devs will honor that promise soon. I've heard that RK2 has far fewer players than RK1. If so, the RK2 population could be folded back into RK1 easily.

Geno

Originally posted by Mahdi

In essence the bow special attack skill has been made useless and obsolete Can I please get the 200K ip back I wasted on it just to be an original character?

-Mah
    My su****ion is, and I'll probably try to go check this, is that the Special Arrows will have a Bow Special Attack req to use. I can live with that I think.

I don't get the problem with the mission fix. Single player missions SHOULD be...... errr....'single player' missions. That's why they are called "Single Player."

Yes, of course, they should fix team missions, but teaming in single player missions is more of an exploit in my book than a lot of things that have been "fixed " in the past - like token farming, concealment, etc.

Teaming in single player missions shouldn't even be allowed, IMO, let alone rewarded.
    "Life is too short to drink bad ale."

Originally posted by Scorus
    [B]

I think Funcom is "deluded" if they think that this doesn't "dilute" past accomplishments. I really don't like the idea of dumbing down tokens. They are hard to get for a reason and people who spend most of their time hunting shouldn't be rewarded like the people who spend their time doing missions for the Clans/OT.

Scorus
    Man, I disagree, it took people 3 weeks to get 1000 tokens when the game was released. you could just run them before lev 6... this change is a welcome blessing for the non-exploiters.

I am not complaining that it is too hard, I'm just saying that it might be NICE to get a token esier at higher level... It takes 30 min to get at lev 1... and 2 hours at lev 100... and 3 hours at lev 150....

I got 239 tokens myself, I'm at 149, I would like to have 250 without having to spend 2 weeks doing it.

This patch is very good, the only downside is the team missions not being operational....
    Vailin 179 MA RK1
    Carnby lev 139 Soldier RK1

Quite an exploit Paldorr, that's why they made a key duper with the exact purpose of allowing it.

Cosmik, Cz, please make an official statment saying only reward xp is no longer split among teamates. I'm tired of hearing everybody cry nerf, and i can't level anymore.

FC has made some mistakes in the past, but they wouldn't take away the only source of high level xp.
    182 NT

Calming is just a hobby I dabble in, my real passion is blowing stuff up.

Heck, if you do the oh so popular bad/money missions, there isn't even a XP reward.

People have tried it out on test. Even though the patch notes are a bit confusing, I say check the facts first. It doesn't take long.
    *poof*

Finally free from this nightmare!

babadi-"Quite an exploit Paldorr, that's why they made a key duper with the exact purpose of allowing it. "

babadi I agree there were some exploit abilities with the multiple players for single mission. The reason there was a 'key duper' made and why they allowed it to be done was because we have never had team missions. Quite possibly this may means that team missions are comming soon.

People all swear that we aren't going to get xp for missions yet the testers have come here and said repeatedly its only the REWARD has stopped for ALL members.

Canary-"My su****ion is, and I'll probably try to go check this, is that the Special Arrows will have a Bow Special Attack req to use. I can live with that I think."

You are correct.

genoz-"If you don't like PvP, then why are you playing Anarchy Online?"

Because the game was designed as pvm as well as pvp you can choose either or. It has been stated hundreds of times by developers they have no intention of forcing people to pvp. That is why they are working hard on getting the team missions completed.

defildae-"Okay, so it would be nice to root someone and not have it broken with a cheap general debuff nano. But I also think that if the mob dies, the stupid root should die with him.

The idea of running in slowmo for 5 or more minutes, or rooted in pace in a mission is gonna get old fast. Some missions are loaded with root casters, and they seem to root me just as they die, hehe."

time to up your nano resist. Not saying this will help duration but it will help get not rooted lol.

Madhi-"I had to pump a lot of ip into bow special to equip a QL 100+ reet tech."

You ip has not gone to waste

Illuvator-"I believe that is the lamest comment I've read on this forum so far."

The reason she stated she was there but did not know where it was, was because they didnt walk or fly there. Secondly the people who did the main testing that fion is speaking of are NOT allowed to speak about it. Ruining the surprises for everyone is somthing Funcom does not like.
    Last edited by killahsin; Feb 15th, 2002 at 23:37:18.

Roots are a big problem... It cann completly screw up some classes in PvP because they can't do anytihng when rooted (MAs, melee adventurers, enforcers maybe - all melee classes), but nerfing it can screw up some other classes who really need it to be any efficient in battle.

Bah. I don't PvP anyway, but I just wanted to throw in my two cents... And please, don't force anyone to PvP. I don't and never have played AO for PvP. I usually don't like games based on confrontation with other players because the players tends to always act like morons and *******s when playing that kind of games... I play game for fun, not to get angry.
    Add the fact that AO is a poor game for such things compared to dedicated games like quake, because almost no skill and mostly character balance and equipment is involved in the outcome of PvP fights...

Beside that, I actually don't mind so much for the time roots make me loose between mobs in missions. Ransack and deprive are much more a pain in the ass, and they last really, really long. When you got -150 in every nano and fighting skill, for a duration of 3 minutes, the only thing you can do is go do something else and come back (since you can't heal anymore, can't use nano kits anymore, and can't fight any efficiently anymore - but the only things it takes away from you is not the possibility of completing the mission, only some of your time to sit and wait for the debuffs to wears off)

Please, makes every hostile nano program stops themselves automatically in PvM as soon as you're not in combat anymore... It will just remove that several minutes downtime that everyone have to waste to wait for them to disappear.

PLEASE READ THE BOARD AND GET INFO ABOUT WHAT YOU WANNA TALK BEFORE POSTING

When you are shoot it has a very good chance to break the root so melee class won't be screw. When I fight an Enforcer 1/2 of the time the root breaks because of my shoot, not his nano.

PvP is part of AO in the meaning that if you don't PvP you still will have to deal with it. Doc / Trader / Fixer / NT can grid / warp you when you have accomplish a mission and Fixer can even evac you, so in team you should have no problem to avoid PvP. But this aspect of AO (duality between omni / clan and so PvP) is great, you are not forced to PvP but you will have to deal with it. That's great : ).

I agree hostile nano program like root / snare / deprive should worn off when the original caster die, it would solve all issue with them in PvM and also would be interesting in PvP where you would nned to kill the caster to avoid roots : ).

Solo mission are solo mission. You can do them in team but there is no team reward that's all. The XP you get at the end of a solo mission in team is some kind of exploit, while not a big one .

Bow special attack will have at least some purpose adn bow will be better and easier to wear for non naturaly fighting class (like 'Crats or NT). So a great thing here.

I like this patch .

Exclamation PvP is essential

Originally posted by killahsin
    genoz-"If you don't like PvP, then why are you playing Anarchy Online?"

Because the game was designed as pvm as well as pvp you can choose either or. It has been stated hundreds of times by developers they have no intention of forcing people to pvp. That is why they are working hard on getting the team missions completed.
    But that's not what JuJutsu was advocating. JuJutsu said:
    I would like even fewer PvP areas or best of all, a separate server for you Pkers.
    Even leaving aside the insulting identification of PvPers and PKers, JuJutsu still wants to push PvPers to their own server.

If Funcom ever violated one of the basic game design principles like that, I'd cancel immediately. (I'm only giving them leeway on the dimensions issue until they tighten their networking.)

Geno

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast