Thread: The Road to Recovery..

The Road to Recovery..

"AAARGH!! Ohhh! Owww!" My head is trobbing in pain, and then I realize the pain is the least of my worries. "Who am I? Where am I? This place is not my home. Or is it? I don't remember. "What's going on??" I try to shake off the dizziness and stand up. With a loud thud I fall right back to the ground. "I have no feeling in my legs!" Since, I am unable to stand, I try to sit up with a lot more success. My legs feel like they are dead. I take in my surroundings a little by looking around the room. I see some flowers, a med kit, and a letter taped to the wall, and a smashed circuit... Wait a minute; let me look at that letter.

Dear Augustus,

I really wish it hadn't come to these dire measures to ensure your safety, but what had to happen has. Late yesterday you called me to The Cup in attempt to make me swear my allegiance to the Borpact by destroying WE's towers or you would kill me. With the help of Vixentrox, Uwen and Demona we were able to subdue you. I'm sorry for striking you in the head, and for the tranquilizers that Vixen later injected into you, but with time the wounds will heal.

The chip I had installed into your modified head implant was malfunctioning. While I could transmit my messages to you they were being mixed and garbled with various other transmissions. The chip was slowly corroding and destroying your mind. It is gone. A small incision behind your left ear and the assistance of a portable surgery clinic was all that was needed.

I wish that things would have gone easier for us, and our long since overdue reunion. We must let bygones be bygones.

Your friend, and uncle.
    Hunter

"Augustus, Hunter, Vixentrox, Uwen & Demona??" "Who are those people? I don't know any of them!" "Dire measures to ensure my safety, what was wrong with me?" I glance at the flowers and notice another note. "Maybe this will shed some light?" I reach for the note that is on the floor next to the flowers.

Hello Tifanyx,

You're probably wondering what happened...where you are...what's going on? It's a long story best saved for when you're feeling better. Suffice to say you have had a head injury and some problems with a malfunctioning head implant. You'll be safe there in Buglight's apartment. We both had pressing business to attend to but Buglight will be back shortly. Whisper's Edge has been very worried about you hun. Notice the flowers left for you by your family? Your going to be OK, just rest until Buglight comes back.

Vix

"What is going on here? Head Injury? Malfunctioning implant? WHY CAN'T I FEEL MY LEGS??" I ran my hands up and down my legs and could not feel anything, except for a strange lump near my right ankle. Something is strapped around my ankle. I reach down and undo the strap. It's a recording device that was strapped around my leg. It has an inscription. "Personal Log for Augustus 'Tifanyx' Markarian". Personal Log? Could I be this "Tifanyx" person?

Intrigued, I press play:

<personal log>
    24 March 29477, late evening.

The voices in my head are slowly driving me insane. It seems that the voices no longer belong to Hunter 'Buglight' Locknane exclusively. But he is the cause of this pain, and he shall pay. With his life. My plan for his destruction was in place. My trusty Atrox friend, Apokalypse, will crush Hunter like the "Bug" that he is.

I sit lurking in the shadows, waiting for my prey to arrive. Buglight is nowhere to be found. The coward must be hiding. Apokalypse should be here in one hour. Apok has been "pretending" to be Buglights friend. So his arrival may get Buglight to come out of hiding.

My patience is growing thin as one hour quickly passed. Between the voices in my head and Uwen & Josef taunting me in guild communications, I was ready to snap. In fact, some people think I've snapped already. But they haven't seen anything yet.

The coward finally arrived. Buglight was in West Athens. That's just great. Buglight is here, but my Atrox champion is NOT!?! Apok is nowhere to be found! I cannot give up this opportunity. I cannot kill him alone, but maybe I can convince him to join me in converting the clans to members of BORPAC.

I send word to Buglight to have him meet me at "The Cup" to discuss the terms of his destruction. I will give him one last chance, to redeem himself. As I made my way to "The Cup", I see that Cathern Flowers has decided to attend the impromptu funeral for Buglight. Will she be in for a huge surprise.

I walk in and confront Buglight. I tell him that he can spare himself by allying with BORPAC, Destroying Whisper's Edge and ALL of their Towers!
    The request had taken Buglight by surprise and he was in stunned, or so I thought. "STAND DOWN!" I heard a voice behind me say. "WHAT?" I said as I turned around. "STAND DOWN TIFANYX!" Cathern 'Vixentrox' Flowers repeated. "OR WHAT?!?" Just then, I felt sharp anti-BORPAC thoughts enter my brain. I was also struck in the head by Buglight! Uwen pulled out a pistol, and hit me with it as well. "WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO DO?" I shouted.

<end of personal log>

"Is this MY personal log?" It can't be! There must be some mistake. "I would NEVER try to kill one of my own family. Voices? I hear no voices! If I did have these 'Voices' they are gone now."

"I'm so confused!"

"But WHY CAN I NOT MOVE MY LEGS???"

I guess I will do as Vix suggested and wait for my "Uncle" Buglight. Its not like I can move anywhere.

He will have the answers....

((This was one of the best played and devised role-playing plots ever to see the light of Rubi Ka. I am truly honoured to know such a fine RPer who managed to keep up his role for weeks on end, leaving everyone, but some of the people who were truly necessary for this plot to come around, in the dark. I myself was one of the unknowing "victims". Over this RP plot, the story ran so dense and true, that one of the chief players in this piece even left our guild over an bitter understanding with me... and I had no clue what was going on. I deeply bow before you Tifanyx and I am very happy to have such amazing RPers who were involved in the story for friends. Tif, the talent to link the RP plot to current ongoing issues in the neutral community (Borpac) seamlessly into your story is to be applauded. Great job, I had lots of fun... and I hope to see more like that in the future!))

IC:

Tif, you stoopid glowing nano-butt! Welcome back to the crowd, you private grid-station addicted dolt... HAHA!!!

Sid

((Yeah, that was alot of fun and I personally glad that Tif told me about it beforehand as I would probably have overreacted myself ))

IC:

Damn, does this mean I can't shout your name over guild chat and blame it on the voices anymore? No more teasing insane people? This sucks....
    Bliqz: "anything Uwen says is a vicious and ugly lie"

(( First off I must say that being a part of this has really added a whole new level of enjoyment to the game... Thank you for letting me be a player in the story of your life... ))

Hunter walked into his apartment. The soft light of the notum lamps fell easily on the curled up body on the floor.

" He must have fallen back into sleep. Good, Tif needs the rest. "

With a sigh Hunter walked back down the hallway and into BY4. There was a smile on his face as the sun warmed him. He will get better he thought it wont be easy, but with his friends and family
    here to help him, it can be done....

*Comlink.. Freq WE.. *

Lo' All... just checked in on Tif and he is sleeping again... Buggy out...

*Comlink.. Mute all..*
    -

The storms show her pain... electric coated tears that reflect her sorrow... lava boils from the heat of her

rage... we are one and the same.... She is my Rubi-Ka and I am her nanomage ....

ooc:

I'm jealous of all of you all that got to participate in this. Tifanyx and this whole plot through the boards had really gotten my curiousity going. Glad to see players able to get together and doing these things.

ic:

I've heard rumors from the Cup's bartender that Tifanyx may finally be getting the psychological help he needs. Let us hope this returns a happy, healthy, and SANE man back to Rubi-Ka.
    Nicholas "Maxilon" Markarian
    Executive of 'The Concillium'
    Bureaucrat
    Clan Union Representative
    'Order is not oppression. Benevolent government requires a level of moral soundness and ethical fortitude that if not found should lead to the immediate dissolution, through armed struggle if needed, of said government.'

<personal log>
    Almost two days have passed since "The Incident". I call it that because I still don't know for sure what really happened. My personal log tells me that I wanted to kill my uncle, but I don't know what for? Uncle has not told me. Uncle spoke to me while I was unconscious. At least he thought I was unconscious. He told me that Vixentrox used a tranquilzer on me and that it is the reason why I can't move my legs. He said it should wear off in 48 hours, the time needed to "recover" from the operation performed. That would mean, I should be able to walk, on the evening of 26 March 29477.

Uncle also said that he is greatful that the operation was performed when it was. A few more days in my current state could have been fatal for both of us.

<end personal log>

OOC:

((OOC:

I'm glad you liked it! I hope you had as much fun participating in it as I did coming up with the story. This is what I like to call "On the Fly" RP. Don't Think, just DO! And We all did!

Thank you for the kind words!

-Tifanyx))