Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Finding GA Guide.. =P

I'll tell you how I did it. I used another character and blitzed missions for 3 weeks.. made enough to BO GA3 and that was that. Only luck is involved in finding GA.. there is no set order of mission settings, or amount of people in the team. Just try to have fun no matter what.

Originally posted by Fixwhaaa
    I'll tell you how I did it. I used another character and blitzed missions for 3 weeks.. made enough to BO GA3 and that was that. Only luck is involved in finding GA.. there is no set order of mission settings, or amount of people in the team. Just try to have fun no matter what.

Wow great tip, I didnt know you could actually make money and buy it.....

Originally posted by Noob
    must be doing something wrong....

im over 100+ missions now, no ga1

this is what I do, ql 58 mission, full bad, full order, full money, 25% phys

I roll mission in bliss, gets in RS aegean

5-6 player teams all the time

anyone got any tip to add cause this is getting really really boring

Got about 20m from the boss drop only weaps, but still long way to go....
    No worries Noob, you're not the only unlucky one. This "method" is not new at all (I'm actually shocked by the number of peeps to whom this is news...)
    I'm also one of many who have tried this and other hunting strategies for months (and other strategies for over a year now) and I've yet to find a GA. I guess I (we?) just have worse luck than most. I've never even been in the vicinity of a GA being looted. *shrug* Luckily, for me, I made the creds and purchased mkII and III long before 14.4 and prices went through the roof. I expect to break out the creds for mkIV as well eventually.

I would still recommend this strategy, even though it hasn't worked for me. This strategy does maximize your chances.
    Last edited by Stratah; Apr 20th, 2003 at 15:39:23.
    -=STRATAH=-

TFC coup co-conspirator
    Member of The Mocker's Naked, Co-ed, Full contact, Drunken, Synchronized Blitzing Team

-=The Mockers=-

Joining the lucky ga3 finders list

Hi there i found my GA3 atm on a Lvl 110 Boss
    Full Team, Mission taken from NLC to Clon**** my Lvl was 115 Mission Lvl was 104. Setting of Mission was as mentioned above.

JIIIEEEHHHAAAAA !!!!

*dancing happy around*
    ---Raquel "Dwbureaucrat" Laurence CLvl 214 Omni Crat --- [Eqp]
    ---Charles "Dwmeta" Thompon CLvl 177 Omni MP ---
    ---"Amanefo" CLvl 183 Soldier ---
    ---Ayanna "Dwvip1912" Peak CLvl 37 Clan Fixer (Permanent Death RIP) ---

"when I was a lowbie us fixers were so gimped we had to throw the bullets at the mobs" -Ekasel-

Unhappy yet another ga-less fixer...

first off id like to say that campin claws is useless. i firmly believe that the two friends of mine that found it there are one of maybe 10 ppl that did and it was a rumor that spread. ive spent over 3 weeks of hard playin time there. all i walked away with was 9 bags of disks ql60-90 and a thankyou from my guild pres for the presesnts to the org.

been tryin to do the boss hunting thing, but there are very few people that woulda gimmie it if we found it. the ones that would are a 170 agent a 165 doc and a 86agent. by now im getting too old for ga2, id need atleast 3.

i just realize that this post really has no point except to vent pent up aggression. oh well, back to trading cds back and fourth w/ that agent...

Second GAIII

Using this method, I have found two GAIII disks in a total of 10 missions...either I am extremely lucky or this method works. I can testify to its effectiveness.

As for claws, I found my GA2 at claws. It took about five hours total of pulling the whole camp and killing them with my NT friend. That same friend has also found multiple NS disks and GA1 disks there. And just last night he was there when another fixer in the guild found GA2 pulling and killing mobs solo. So it works, but it takes a while, and you have to get lucky. That friend has dumped god knows how many hours into that camp. So many dead claws.

Being lvl 154 that GA2 isnt' so usefull anymore. The lvl 200 mobs that have come to be normal in missions just laugh at it. When I was getting hig 3/4 times with only 900ACs, I figured I ought to switch to armor and get better results, which I did.

However, this thread is really motivating me. I hear you people talking about finding it in under 10 missions! If I could find either MK3 or MK4 I'd be more than happy. I never thought of rolling the team missions to blitz while in a team already. Good idea. I think I'll start trying it. At my level, with or without my GA on, those lvl 110-120 bosses will be cake (I solo 200 bosses in PW when bored via kiting). I think I'll try a few and try to stay vigilant and put in missions wherever I can.

Great thread, it should be maybe stickied or at least reffed in the newbie thread. Perhaps it should be added to AO Fixer's page or something. Anyway, it should be put up where it can be found if people are interested!

Good luck to all who are searching! Wish me luck as well as I will try this when I get home from work.
    Peachy... just peachy.
    Peachblossom - Martial Artist of Band of Brothers
    Purplepeach - Well Nerfed of Band of Brothers
    Plushpeach - Proud Fixer of Band of Brothers

Re: yet another ga-less fixer...

Originally posted by voodoo_fixer
    i just realize that this post really has no point except to vent pent up aggression.
    It's not just your post, it's all the forums
    Spewing truth from every orifice.
    Fixanox - Member of Eternal Fury.
    Cronoco

Well I have camped claws at Lush fields for GA Mk1 - found the disc after around 250 claws bit the dust. Camped the claws at PM for GA Mk2 and got that after ... Umm I lost count how many - LOTS. I am now level 120 and have started looking for GA Mk3, until now I have been blitzing for enough cash to buy it but on reading this thread think I'm gonna change strategy. Thanks for the awsome info guys and girls.

Sticky this baby all the way!

Talking Just out of Curiosity...

What is the record for any fixers to upload and equip GA Mk-IV???
    ...I just did today, at level 116 ^_^

Re: Just out of Curiosity...

Originally posted by duuude006
    What is the record for any fixers to upload and equip GA Mk-IV???
    ...I just did today, at level 116 ^_^
    Well, I know of one who got into mkIV in her 80's, so you're WAY late on that record, if she is even the holder...but who really cares?
    Would it make you da ubar in your mind if it had been you?
    -=STRATAH=-

TFC coup co-conspirator
    Member of The Mocker's Naked, Co-ed, Full contact, Drunken, Synchronized Blitzing Team

-=The Mockers=-

lol as long as the base fixer skills arent gimped, IMO I feel any fixer is uber as long as it is equipped before lvl 125, where we are vulnerable to lvl 200 opponents

Most people that can't find GA, are infact looking for GA I.

I think you should move on with your normal armor till you can hunt for GA II or GA III.

GA I will not help you as much as the others, and normal armor will do just as good until about lvl 100
    Videvandre
    TL4 Adventurer on Test

Bump as there have been some questions about this on the first page.
    Teniko

And his loveable pair of troxes:
    Ismong
    Chugg
    RK2

chest loot

Hey all...just read the post thru, and noticed that everyone is finding it off bosses or getting lucky finding it on random mobs...i rolled a ql 88 team mish w/ one friend the other day...found Mk II in a chest, all by it's lonesome. Maybe the boss put it there for safe-keeping and forgot about it Anyway, first I've heard of GA being chest-loot, thought I'd post it....
    Theppy, Alt Addict and Collector of Oddities
    Current project: dreaming of private servers

Gratz to everyone who found GA and good luck to those still searching. If you need to pull team mishes to blitz and are looking for someone to do so just let me know. I'll follow you around so you can do as many as you need as fast as possible.

I have way too much free time on my hands.

-SUMMON COOKIES, casts, passes them around-

Originally posted by Fastlogic
    -SUMMON COOKIES, casts, passes them around-
    Your Baked Products Defensive Array absorbed 3405 points of cookie damage.
    Your Total Delectable Shield Mk X relected 3405 points of cookie damage.
    Skeena - Omni Fixer RK2 [SETUP]
    Mctrout - Omni Doctor RK2 [SETUP]
    Kaarp - Omni Enforcer RK2

86% Explorer - 53% Socializer - 46% Achiever - 13% Killer

Post patch?

Anyone had luck since the new mission patches?
    || Xhardoc
    || Xharfix
    || Xhar007
    \\--------------------
    Proud member of (AO) Alpha Omega (AO) (RK2)

When the new mission patches cam out I was a level 33 fixer. I went off and was doing a lvl 59 team mission with a full team. While running through the floors looting I made the comment "If I find GA its mine."

Guess what, I opened a small crate and right there Grid Armor MK1. After much rejoicing I had a guild member make it into a crystal but im not using it yet because I would probably gimp my IP.

Thats my own little sucess story, I have yet to reach the level where I can solo a lvl 58-62 boss so I haven't found any more GA's for money/guild mates but I will be trying.

I'm very glad that the drop rate is up and the price is down though. I saw it fall to 30m after the mission update and it might even go lower.
    Cthulhu Disciples, if Cohrman is on then we are recuiting. Cohrman is also lazy and never on.
    Java Corps is much better.
    Aurilian( 33 Fixer)
    Saugod(8 Agent)
    Cohrman(12 Doctor)
    99% Talker
    1% Leveler

Ok, real newbie question sorry hehe: while in a full team and grabbing extra missions, do you have to stay in the team when going for soloblitzing the bosses?

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast