Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: OOC: Something for us.

Re: OOC: Something for us.

Originally posted by Tikon
    Seppubot - For his master tradskills and his fair prices, that give people a chance to have decent items and armour made.
    -Tik
    SECONDED!
    ~~~~~
    Katelin "Missmaul" Locknane -Sloooowly climbing her way out of the dank pits of gimpness. But stil crazy. Ya know...just in case you cared.

Originally posted by Emiliy
    Oh crap I forgot to put this one in above...

ARKs! If any single org has done the most for the people/places/RPing in RK, it's these folks. Yes they have billboards...but I think if any statues are made, these people should be first.
    OOC:
    ARKs? You mean the ones who always say "No sorry we cannot do anything about that?" The only thing ARK's ever done for me was ruining a Tara Raid by killing the Chicken.... Bump for Helpbot/Docmax and Dovve statues tho
    Despite everything in the end I was a Fixer and I can say it was hell of a ride.

Bump for Unitsi and Slaggie statues! The Superlang statue should be made of solid gold, since he's uber rich.

Oh, and a Wolfe statue with tons of graffiti! (kidding Wolfe!)
    BigGreen
    Advisor of Rising Phoenix
    www.risingphoenix.org

current setup

It's a great idea but imho.....I think it would just lead to a lot of people complaining that they should have a statue made of them. The only ones that truly contributed to the overall community have been the bots and dovves. Those I can see a valid point but unfortunately I highly doubt it will happen.
    Zariken Level 201 Agent
    Member of Cognizance

In Memory of Ladimir

Originally posted by Lexusstreak
    templus getting a statue before me? are you out of your mind?!
    Hmmm the people have spoken..Your just quasi bitchy...the diet coke of cold hearted...just one calorie not enough. So stop your bitching and buh bye.

Originally posted by Nevver
    A statue of Templus with her boot planted firmly on top of Fixerben's head in the middle of Entertainment would be cool.
    *sniff* God that moves me Nevver..thank you

You never go thate xtra step templus, it's why I'll always be one up on you, I am sure my list of enemies is much longer than yours. I am probably THE most hated person on rubi-ka. yep yep..I love my title,,,,you can't have it!
    "Did I tell you that you could speak?....then why are you still talking?."

Originally posted by Lexusstreak
    I love my title
    ...and I love you.
    Zariken Level 201 Agent
    Member of Cognizance

In Memory of Ladimir

Hmm ..

I must admit, this statue idea frightens me a bit as well.
    Suddenly, we get a group of people extremely elevated above all else that people can look up to.

(( Not only by players, but also by Funcom! ))

I think stuff like the CAS armor from the Clan Anarchist Syndicate is a little better, because it doesn't focus too much on a single individual, but it still honours the leader of the clan, of course.

I'd say don't make statues of people who still are still on Rubi-Ka.
    It would "point them out of the crowd" too much. For both better and worse.
    Didymus - Solitus Trader, Member of Instability

I agree that in game items a la CAS armor is probably a better choice for at least some cases, like Gridstream. A Gridstream Entertainment t-shirt on clothing vendors would be so, sooo much cooler than a statue, and it would make more sense IC.
    Delia "Aerinyi" Jett
    General of Whisper's Edge
    Atlantean

I like items and clothes named after (or even Gridstream t-shirts), billboards and stuff like that alot better than statues. FC already gone above and beyond in honoring members of the community.

Yea make it all clothes! Like a Gridstream fashion line by Miiir and a fashion line for men and women since I'd buy the clothes!
    Characters on Atlantean
    Main Character: Ardoyt Former Rubi-Ka Citizen and Former Omni-Admin Employee
    Characters on Rimor
    Deleted
    Anarchy Online Related Stuff
    Former AO Stratics News and "The Community Says" Reporter
    The Death of Ardoyt

OOC

Having thought about this some more, statues may be appropriate for political/military/artistic figures. These are typically who statues are made of in RL. Items are best reserved for guilds or maybe alliances. An exception to a specific item being named after someone might be taking the name of a prof professional and inserting that into the item. An item named after a prof professional should be usable by that profession only.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

my choice for statues

TheDeacon - with a mike that says " OMG TEH Footness!" if you get too close

Chestity - great tradeskiller, and she is just so dosh garn cute!

Boglwe - I know she is already a statue, but maybe we can get her a real statue, for when she is off dancing.

ANi.
    PLEASE, give use a simple YES or no answer as to whether or not the CoH chests can be opened

Bliqz thinks about his cook book availible all over Rubi-Ka...Or a "Kiss the Cook" apron with his squinty face on the front...Or cans of "Bliqz clanner hash" at the food vendors...
    Bliqz, Agent, Omni, Atlantean, "Iron Chef of Rubi-Ka"
    God is a bullet.

((The IC only RP forum is back. Bliqz is an Omni Extremist, and his posts IN THAT FORUM reflect that attitude. I can be reached by PM if you feel I have personaly offended you, and I will be happy to change/temper my post. Thank you, and have fun!))

Originally posted by Vixentrox
    OOC
    An item named after a prof professional should be usable by that profession only.
    ((MUHUAHAHAH! Jayde's Pistols of Disgruntled Adventuring- , 2000000 MR reqs!))
    Bliqz: "anything Uwen says is a vicious and ugly lie"

If you believe in it are you ready to pay for it?

I will say I want to see a statue of Animosity so much that I will contribute a full 100 Creds to the cause. This is uncharastic generosity of me, I know, but I want to see others contribute to this cause!!!

Ani.
    PLEASE, give use a simple YES or no answer as to whether or not the CoH chests can be opened

The people who do so much for the community deserve hell of alot more, They have put their own time and effort into making the gaming experience, easier, they work out bugs, they represent us, they host ingame entertainment for us and they take their time to convey our views to funcom.

I think these people deserve some kind of recognition, something to remember them by, or to represent what they have done and acheived in AO for the community, it wouldnt mean that these people are above the rest, it would simply show the community and funcoms appreciation for all that they have done, in their OWN time.

I mean ARKs have Items named after them, for the time and effort they put into the ARK program in helping the community, I think an Item or a statue to honour their work and time is a good idea for players too.

I mean look at the work Xtremetech does:
    Bug testing
    MP Professional
    Being a great role model
    And just being generally helpful.

We can say thankyou over and over again, but something that recognises them for their work shows real gratitude.

-Tik
    Tikon - Forever an MP. Rest in peace my dear old friend.

Remember, Life is a Journey, Not a Destination, So enjoy the ride..

Originally posted by Tikon

I mean ARKs have Items named after them, for the time and effort they put into the ARK program in helping the community, I think an Item or a statue to honour their work and time is a good idea for players too.

I mean look at the work Xtremetech does:
    Bug testing
    MP Professional
    Being a great role model
    And just being generally helpful.

-Tik

you forgot to mention - he's just so dosh garn cute!!!

Ani

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast