Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OOC: Something for us.

OOC: Something for us.

Hello Everyone.

I would like to address this with you because I think it would be a good Idea whilst also keeping with the story too.

Some of the cities on Rubi-Ka have gardens, that people can go and relax in and just have some peace. There are very influential players on Rubi-Ka who have done alot for the community, such as GSP and Dovve who have been given some recognition.

What I would like to propose is that we have statues created of the most influential people on Rubi-Ka, A tribute to them for all the hard work that they do for us.

It wouldnt be hard to do, and I it will leave a personal mark on the planet of truly great people, not statues of people who mean nothing, like the ones dotted around now.

I would like to nominate a few:

Xtremetech - for his outstanding work for the MP community.

Charles - For his outstanding work in the RP community as well as a crat professional.

Meister- For his long time commitment to Omni-Pol and AO Stratics. And for being head of the Omni-Tek police force.

Seppubot - For his master tradskills and his fair prices, that give people a chance to have decent items and armour made.

Thos are my own personal suggestions, I would like to hear how the rest of the community would feel about this. It wouldnt be hard to do, you just take a skin of them and paint it grey.

Well lets see.

-Tik
    Tikon - Forever an MP. Rest in peace my dear old friend.

Remember, Life is a Journey, Not a Destination, So enjoy the ride..

OOC

I think it's a great idea really. We could have a real stone statue of Boglwe! One thing, IMO non-rpers should not be mentioned becuse they could care less about some silly RP thing that enhances the world around them. Unless they can "kill and loot" the statue, they probably wouldn't be interested and frankly, don't deserve to be recognized in this fashion IMO.

Some people that come to mind:

Tarryk - for obvious reasons
    Templus - The epitomy of OT
    Unitsi - Though she is gone, she was a pillar of the Clan community.
    Redruum & Winguard - Though it chokes me to say it, they were very influential in RP in the early days and had some profound effects "back in the day".
    Last edited by Vixentrox; Mar 25th, 2003 at 17:01:21.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

How about a statue to Cptfallout for being such a beacon of hope, optimism and cheerfullness :-)
    Last edited by Savoy; Mar 25th, 2003 at 17:23:35.
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

templus getting a statue before me? are you out of your mind?!
    "Did I tell you that you could speak?....then why are you still talking?."

Film director extraordinairre RandaZ's Avatar
    Originally posted by Savoy
    How about a statue to Cptfallout for being such a beacon of hope, optimism and cheerfullness :-)

If anything, how about Savoy over here, for thinking of and making the most of wacky ideas.

Tap
    Slotine Zembower
    R.U.R. Member (RK1)

Tappert Solminski
    Tailor of Rome-Blue (RK1) [currently MIA]

Re: OOC: Something for us.

Originally posted by Tikon

Seppubot - For his master tradskills and his fair prices, that give people a chance to have decent items and armour made.
    *cough*Slaggi*cough* staue for superslang....long live the clans
    RK-1 Aarseth 156 Sold
    RK-1 Baldour 100 Ma
    Unit Commander of Axis

Nope, i'm not dead, i'm a geologist, and this soil is very interesting.

Entirely OOC

I actually do like this idea. But I think it should be reserved for those that have made a substantial contribution to Rubi-Ka as a whole. No attack on Meister intended, but just because he's the head of a long standing guild doesn't mean he deserves a statue. Hey, he plays the part he has chosen as good or better than anyone I know could possibly do it, but there are a great many others that I can say the same of and Rubi-Ka doesn't need a Great Wall of Statues.

The people I would like to see honored:

Tarryk - He added a new dimension to Online RPG's that I have seen adopted to many worlds. He may not have been the first but he is the most recognizable.

Dovve - The creater of the map that I would say the vast majority of players have chosen. If my memory is correct Dovve is no longer among the players so a statue would be a fitting honor for the hard work that so many of us use on a daily basis.

Creater of Nano Nanny - Unfortunately I do know know this persons name but again they created a tool that so many of us use.

Cosmik - Many of our favorite goofball. He may be gone but will never be forgotten.

The Professionals - They work hard for all of us, even if most of us don't see it. They put in extra time to make sure Rubi-Ka grows and becomes better for us all and that deserves a measure of respect and maybe a statue in their honor.

We see billboards and signs around Rubi-Ka now that show that Funcom sees who makes a contribution. There are many that haven't been honored with these ingame but may one day.

I truely think this is a good idea and would love to see statues of those that have made our time on Rubi-Ka that much richer.
    Roleplayer
    Garret "Valaik" Clasen - Renegade, Subversive, Simple Businessman
    Xavier "Cyberwrench" Krohs - Builder, Creator, Chiraptophobic

The difference between a good man and a bad one is the choice of cause. -William James

((I think Helpbot, aka Docmax, aka Beaker (on AOVault) should be considered. Who here has never used Helpbot for one reason or another? He also maintains a website of lots of useful AO stuff and is a huge contributor to the AOVault General Discussion board where he helps to answer player's questions and posts useful information whenever he finds it.

One thing to keep in mind, though, is that Funcom has already honored several of the people mentioned here by putting up billboards in the Subway so they might not be entirely receptive to anything further for these individuals or anyone else at all.))
    Last edited by Nevver; Mar 25th, 2003 at 18:47:07.
    Janella "Nevver" McCallagher
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»
    Why settle for less when you can oppress?

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
    "Nevver: Like the thing that hides in your closet. But worse." - Gueve

Also known as...
    Jacquelynn "Kaitakait" Moscardelli
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

True Nevver, but a few statues of great influential people in the cities Gardens isnt going to take that much to implement.

Obviously there will be conflictions with who should get a statue of recocgnition, but perhaps that should be put to a vote.

Anyways

Bump.

Well not quite in the Gardens, but a statue of Boglwe in Borealis somewhere or Vixentrox on the WA cliff would be cool.

A statue of Templus with her boot planted firmly on top of Fixerben's head in the middle of Entertainment would be cool.
    Janella "Nevver" McCallagher
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»
    Why settle for less when you can oppress?

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
    "Nevver: Like the thing that hides in your closet. But worse." - Gueve

Also known as...
    Jacquelynn "Kaitakait" Moscardelli
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Originally posted by Tappert
    If anything, how about Savoy over here, for thinking of and making the most of wacky ideas.
    And put it in Rome!

Also for Rome, I think OTSEC should get some recognition (maybe replace the statue in front of that building with them?). They were a solid part of OT, and even though they've fallen, it was the MOST organized period of OT that I can remember.

Boglwe in Borey. That's all that needs to be said
    Emiliy Age
    Unit Leader, Foreign Relations
    Speak your heart, don't bite your tongue...

Whisper's Edge | Gridmail | Engy's Workshop | Tir School of Engineering

Bliqz on Shadowlands: "Gonna make it hard to decide who I can and cant eat."

*blushes from the kind words about OTSEC*

nice idea, just a problem, the current statues ingame have a very low ammount of details, so making good lifelike versions will be hard.

Still, i think there should be a statue of the council of truth, marked RIP

single induvidual statues are not a good thing, larger ones are better, like one for the whole GSP.

Just take note that several of those u have mentioned have already alot of stuff ingame already.

check the subway
    "It's your life. Keep it up! Keep it real!"

Originally posted by Savoy
    Cheers to that! And then a statue of his best friend Snarf doing bunny ears behind him
    Bliqz: "anything Uwen says is a vicious and ugly lie"

It was nice to hear about the statue idea. If they ever do make one of me, I want one in the center of Omni-HQ. To do it justice though there will need to be quite a few statues of many people. The players that have made AO a great place to be isn't the work of just one, two or even a dozen people, but an entire community that have contributed in many different fields.

Fields like socialization, role-playing, in-game help(maps/bots), tradeskill, out-of-game help(Profession websites, webbased databases) to name a few. Where to start?
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

I agree, charles.
    The statues would not be hard to make, you just simply take a carbon copy of the person you want as a statue, in the pose that they want, then they can simply frezze the pose and paint the character in stone, or bronze, or Notum even.

-Tik

Oh crap I forgot to put this one in above...

ARKs! If any single org has done the most for the people/places/RPing in RK, it's these folks. Yes they have billboards...but I think if any statues are made, these people should be first.
    Emiliy Age
    Unit Leader, Foreign Relations
    Speak your heart, don't bite your tongue...

Whisper's Edge | Gridmail | Engy's Workshop | Tir School of Engineering

Bliqz on Shadowlands: "Gonna make it hard to decide who I can and cant eat."

I donno, my petitions still time out 4 out of 5 times for urgent things like witnessing an exploit in progress. The only way they can "do" something about training mobs during a tower battle....
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

Re: Entirely OOC

Originally posted by Valaik
    Tarryk - He added a new dimension to Online RPG's that I have seen adopted to many worlds. He may not have been the first but he is the most recognizable.
    Tarryk, Epicine and the rest of the Gridstream Crew should get something yes, although they already have the billboards in the subway's
    the same goes for Dovve and the creator of Nanonanny

Cosmik - Many of our favorite goofball. He may be gone but will never be forgotten.
    Cosmik should have a great statue, although he has returned to us

but the one I want a big statue or shrine to, is Kull, the great programmer that put some sense of direction in to my pet
    RETIRED:Cassondra "Hotsy" Magistrale, Proud General of OPEC
    And a gazillion other chars

Member of the Grumpy Old Crat Bunch
    Bureaucrats, Broken as intended
    Chilled:The crat community.. bitter but entirely supportive, kind of like coffee.
    P.S. i didn't proof read this, or check for spelling, I wouldn't want to Nerf my post by actually Fixing the problems.

This post is fucntioning "As Intended" that means i don't have to fix any problems with it. (Snipped from pooncrat).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast