Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Adventurer's Handbook

Runspeed, swimming and adventuring skills

Skills that aid travelling and navigation as well as reduction of fall damage ... have taken on more significance with the advent of the Shadowlands expansion.

So, FYI ...

Run Speed
    Runspeed skill ability base dependency is 40% agility, 40% stamina and 20% strength.

Swimming
    Swimming skill also benefits from 3 main abilities. Skill dependency is 60% stamina, 20% agility and 20% strength.

Adventuring
    Adventuring skill gets trickle benefit from 3 main abilities. Skill dependency is 20% strength, 50% agility and 30% stamina.

Note:
    The last one may be useful info for Adventurers just in case you're short of a few points in adventuring skill. There are no major nano buffs for adventuring skill so it may take the combination of an assortment of buffs, items, perks and symbiants to reach the top SL map requirement of 1250 adventuring skill.

Note:
    "FYI" means "for your information", it doesn't equate to "recommendation"
    Last edited by Inocybe; Sep 30th, 2003 at 19:55:04.
    Ino
    rolling leet, crouching tiger, hidden dragon

Pioneer rifle/crossbow Vanguard with a personal sidearm and a campstove
    Atlantean

AO Adventurer Professional (2003-2004)

Map design suggestion for mapmakers

i'd never recommend putting any IP into swimming since parrot adds 1300 to swimming. Just a waste of IP when you're tight on IP. By the time you have any IP free, you have long been able to cast parrot.
    Level 210 Vanguard Kaelien | Current Equipment
    .theAdventurer | AO Bookmarks

Executing Nano Program: Leet Friend.
    Nano program execution error. You fumbled.
    Leet: roxxor
    Attacked by Leet!

Originally posted by Kaelien
    i'd never recommend putting any IP into swimming since parrot adds 1300 to swimming. Just a waste of IP when you're tight on IP. By the time you have any IP free, you have long been able to cast parrot.
    In fact, all our birdie morphs add to swimming, and since you can't fight/cast while swimming anyways...
    Reverend Revelator Ramagano, Proud Something of Alpha Omega

Alpha Omega: Fighting For Your Future, Today

No, I'm not back.

How embarrassing, after all these years it turns out I CAN'T spell **ncom with an F and a U, talk about egg on my face eh?

Originally posted by Revelator
    I think maybe we should include in the handbook some of the things that exist in the DB, but aren't actually available in the game.

I. e.:

Advanced Joint Clans Scout Pistol - Nope

MTI P87 - Happy Days - Sorry, is not available in the game.

EVA Survivor - NO!

NanoCrystal (Cyclic Coat of Barbs) - This one IS in game, but ALL other adv nanos with the word 'Cyclic' in them are NOT IN THE GAME.

This needs a slight update

-After SL was released,all Cyclic Damage Shields are ingame now .

-Eva Survivor its in game as well and drops off dynabosses.I have a EVA Survivor (ql145) and a Prototype EVA Survivor (ql150,max ql on this pistol).Both dropped from dynabosses

-Joint Clans Scout pistol are available as well,low ql versions can be bought in shops.They drop from dynabosses as well.

-MTI Happy Days drops from Dynabosses too(got one but cant remember the ql )
    Sadly all the other items still MIA :/
    Last edited by Galician; Oct 2nd, 2003 at 12:41:20.

Given how dramatically things have changed since SL, I will be working on revamping things on the lists both here and on the Advents site.

-Jayde

So much for the Pistol implant guide... :P
    Verdeloth - Treefolk Legend

hello

i just wonder about one thing. you got any good tips for piercing adeventurer?

=)

For Ref
    Glara started a summary of symbiants at the following thread:

Symbiants for Adventurers
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...hreadid=207149
    Ino

Atlantean

Inner Sanctum

One of our feedback threads on Inner Sanctum turned out well as a community feedback process for FC .... it turned out well in that some of our concerns were heard and acted upon in the end and the thread itself has become one full of information and tips.

So for reference (and for future forum searches), this is the link:
    INNER SANCTUM - your calm, constructive feedback
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...hreadid=154000
    Ino

Atlantean

I loooove youuuu
    Surge 201 MA, Surgikal 150 Enf, Xeqtrr 128 Agent

okay, i have a couple questions, I just started a adv and i came to this thread to check on weapons, but every weapons here is over my lvl....... is there any good weapon (pistols preferred) that a lvl 10 adv can use......also is there any reason why i can't duel wield certain weapons... and yes i do have the skills need to be able to, but every time i try a message appears saying can't duel wield with the already equiped item......

Thanx

Originally posted by Armady
    okay, i have a couple questions, I just started a adv and i came to this thread to check on weapons, but every weapons here is over my lvl....... is there any good weapon (pistols preferred) that a lvl 10 adv can use......also is there any reason why i can't duel wield certain weapons... and yes i do have the skills need to be able to, but every time i try a message appears saying can't duel wield with the already equiped item......

Thanx
    First, this thread would get more responses if it where in the Advy Forum as a Starter Thread and not here.

Second, The Original Electronium is a good pistol for lower lvl Advy as it only requires Pistol Skill and can be Dueled.

Last, to address your "why i can't duel wield certain weapons" issue, a little more info is needed. If you are trying to duel with one of the Training Grounds Starter weapons that can be made, they have to be in the left hand if I recall. Also you can't duel wield 2 of them.

Hope that helps some
    Arctic: As someone i know said: "After A-Bomb hits advy, they just dust off the dirt and walk away."

HURJAkeeper: "the alt tabbing works if i stand on solid ground or some flat surface. if i do that in place where the ground isnt flat the grafix is drawn screwed up."

I have updated the main posts with new weapon data, as well as a revamp of the implant section to include Pistol/1HE implant layouts, as well as symbiant plans. More in-depth analysis of these implant suggestions can be found at .theAdventurer.

Suggestions and comments on today's updates are welcome.

-Jayde

I'd like some help deciding on which perks to use. The adventurer site has some info but a lot seems to be missing still. Can anyone give me some suggestions on the perk lines to use for a ranged advie?

Advie Rooted Pet For N00bs!

Well, been playing with my lil rooted pet for a few days now, figure I would write a little guide to them while I'm waiting for the dynas to spawn.

First of all, they are supposed to accelerate heal and nanodelta while sitting down and not fighting, but so far no reliable reports have indicated that they have ever healed even one point of hp or nano.

So we use them as attack pets instead. I'm currently using the ql 200 nano, which will give me a ql 225 pet shell, which when activated (need 1125 Adventuring for that) will give me a ql 250 pet. The pets doublehits for 194 min fire dmg at 1/1, doesnt miss much, and I've seen it hit for up to 1.3k. So not a bad dmg add, if you are not moving.

The following commands work without having to target the pet:

/tower attack Pet will attack what you are targeting.

/tower guard Pet will attack what you are attacking, and will attack what is attacking you

/tower hunt Pet will attack targets by itself. It will say that it can't do it, but will still execute the command.

/tower behind Pet will stop whatever it's doing, and wait for further orders. Handy for addy situations, to make sure your pet aint breaking mezz.

/tower report Pet will tell you how much hp/nano/ncu it has, and where exactly it is. Of limited use, since it doesnt get attackaed much, doesnt use any nano, cant be buffed really (execpt with ac/dmg shield) and never ever gets lost.

/tower terminate Pet will terminate.

The following commands can only be done with pet targeted:

/tower rename YourSillyNameHere Name needs to be without spaces.

/tower chat PetWillSaySomething Once again, it has to be without spaces, so kinda limited use for this one.

Please note the following regarding the advie rooted pets:

Must be in SL, must be outdoors.

Pet can't be warped to you by the Pet Warp nano.

You can have as many shells as you want ready.
    Reverend Revelator Ramagano, Proud Something of Alpha Omega

Alpha Omega: Fighting For Your Future, Today

No, I'm not back.

How embarrassing, after all these years it turns out I CAN'T spell **ncom with an F and a U, talk about egg on my face eh?

Uber guide, great info!!

Originally posted by Dovifat
    for every 200 points in nanoinit, the attack time is reduced by 1 second. yes, only the attack time, theres no way ( atm ) to reduce recharge. this reduction is no linear decrease however, but works in steps. i.e., raising nanoinit from 1 to 199 will help you not one bit, you have to jump over the 200 mark. same goes for 400, 600, etc.
    Are you sure that NanoInit still works in steps of 200 only, and not linearly with each additional point?

Due to reading this post, I decided not to put any points into NanoInit until I could raise it all at once to 200. However, just out of curiosity, I tried it at 199 first. Going from no points invested, to 199 all at once, actually resulted in a large noticeable difference in casting speed, while going from 199-200 did not give a big noticeable difference. This leads me to believe that NanoInit now works linearly, and gives you a little bit of benefit with each additional point, instead of only at steps of 200/400/600/etc.

Of course, I may have been misjudging the casting speed when I did my test (I should have used a nano that would have instant cast time at 199 if it works linearly, but I didn't think of it at the time). Can anyone who has done more testing either confirm or disprove this?
    Last edited by Next; May 1st, 2004 at 01:25:30.
    Next
    Level 140 Opifex Adventurer
    Rimor

Originally posted by Next
    Are you sure that NanoInit still works in steps of 200 only, and not linearly with each additional point?
    It seems to work regardless. Maybe it's changed.

I went from 250-394 and my heals stopped laggin'.

I hear people say the same thing about "Run Speed" I think it's a myth, unless I see some parses that prove otherwise =)

This is a very good guide. I would like to add that Crispy Chiropteras from the Crypt of Home dungeon are excellent swords for an adventurer. The stats seem a bit high, but I was able to equip them at level 125 using QL 200 implants. They are a VAST improvement over the SOL fire's which were very discouraging for me.

I also agree with the importance of putting IP into nano initiative. Fast cast rate is the difference between keeping your team alive, and wasting nano trying to heal corpses.

I would also like to add a reality check that addresses some of the negative comments about adventurers on other posts. Like all classes, adventurers go through levels when you are not the greatest member on the team. For me, this happened at level 100 to 125 while trying to kill hecklers with SOL Fires. Have you ever tried to burn a rock? It just doesn't work well. If you hit that level, don't give up. Adventurers become one of the most fun and most versitle characters in the game at higher levels. By level 150 (or sooner), you can go back and solo those hecklers who tormented you at lower levels.

It is also easy to find a team as an Adventurer because 1) we can heal 2) we have shield and evade perks which keep us alive and free the doc to heal the tank 3) we make great pullers and 4) our morphs are great for added damage and parrot is a cool way to get around in the game.

One final note, buy the best heals you can afford. Never let your heals fall behind. A gimped healing adventurer gives all of us a bad reputation. Personally, it takes a very good doctor to out heal my adventurer, because I have excellent heals and pay attention to the team health bars.

Daxz Level 175 Adventurer

Noob Advy

I just want to start off saying, that this guide excellent.. I have a lvl 9 advy, just started playing the game a couple days, trying different race/class combos and found being a advy is great fun.

From my own limited experience, as a new advy, if you upgrade both your starter pistols, nothing will be able to touch you in the newb area. I was using them to fight the named bots spawn at lvl 4 and have just sat there til now..

just my 2 cents..

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast