Thread: Due to a Mission Bug, I am now Clan.

Angry Due to a Mission Bug, I am now Clan.

I chose a Mission to Greater Omni Forest last night.

The item I was to find and retrieve was a Clan acceptance form.

I found the form and picked it up.

All of a sudden, I get a Clan Token Board in my inventory.

I thought it a bug so I continued the Mission.

The next thing that I know, I cannot TAB any of the NPCs in the Mission.

Another bug, I thought.

I leave the Mission and notice when I look at my Equipment that my Token Board (60 tokens) is shaded in red.

I target myself and hit the "t" key and am surprised to find that I am now a Clan member.

That is not the greatest of my worries.

I petition about it and am told that I have 64 petitions in front of me. So I wait. And wait. And wait.

4 hours later.

The list in the queue gets down to 3 petitions in front of me and then, suddenly, I have no petition in the queue.

I re-petition and am told that there are now 54 persons in front of me.

I need to know if there is a possibility of fixing this mistake.

I will remain camped at the Mission spot and try to get an answer to another Petition when I get the chance.

What I am asking here is if it is possible to be restored to a previous Save.

I do not care about the items or money or experience that I will lose from this.

I just do not wish to have to start all over with an empty Merit board at 38th.

Please respond if there is a way to fix this.

The character name is Mymir. Same as my Alias here.

Adn before anyone ask:

No. I did not click on the form in my inventory.

All I did was pick this item off the ground exactly as I was told to do.

The controller of:

Stuart "Mymir" Baptist

I had this happen once, but what happened was I had clicked on the form to "use it" while the form was sitting on the ground. This could easily happen when trying to pick up the form.

I suggested then that Funcom should consider adding a confirmation dialog prior to your character actually switching alignments.

Just picking up the form shouldn't be enough to switch your characters alignment

It is Waaaaaay to easy to change alignments.

My neutral character had his low level forms in the bank forever, and I was very afraid to touch them for the longest time.
    Katelin Arinia Rhees
    Level 220 Enforcer
    Former Enforcer Professional
    Former President of the late Midnight Reveries
    Account Created: 2001-10-08; Account Expired: 2005-02-19

The point that I am trying to make here is that I did not right click on the Clan Form while it was in my inventory.

I did however Right-click on it while it was on the ground to target it so that I could pick it up.

Secondly, there was no Confirmation/Decline screen to make sure that I intended to change sides.

Thirdly, There was no notification that I had indeed changed sides.

The only way that I found out I had become Clan was when I targetted myself and hit the T key to examine myself.

I shudder to think what might have happened if I had died and re-spawned in Omni-Trade.

Or worse, I had run back to Omni-1 not knowing that the first Guard or Omni NPC that I met would KOS me.

This is a very dangerous item to be using in Missions as a "Get this for this" item.

I would request that it be either taken out of the Mission Terminals or, at the very least, that a Confirmation Box be used to Accept/Decline to prevent what has happened to me from EVER happening to another person.

I am still waiting for a response to my Petition in-game.

I will post back later when I get a response.

The Controller of:

Stuart "Mymir" Baptist

HAHAHAHA - laughing WITH you!

read my post on SDS.....you will see they have a wonderful petitioning system!

sorry to hear your current situation tho 8(

I am now Omni once again.

Thanks to the understanding of a GM and a total of 10 hours of waiting, I am now Omni once again.

I am still requesting that either a Confirmation Box be added for when you click on an Alignment-changing Form.

Or at the very least, remove those forms from the Mission Terminals.

As an item that is required to complete a Mission these things are far too dangerous.

The very fact that you can click on it while it is still on the Ground is reason enough to remove them from the Terminals.

Nothing else that I have come across in this game will allow you to use it without it being in your Inventory.

I will continue to try and get this changed for as long as I can.

No one should have to go through the mess that I have had to deal with for the past 2 days.

The Controller of:

Stuart "Mymir" Baptist

Never try pick up anything that u did not drop b4 u SHIFT LEFT CLICK on it

Exclamation Fix forms but do NOT remove them

Because right now there is no way to change sides past level 125 or so...the forms are never for sale. Sure you can spend 8 years getting one as a reward in a f*cked up mission off somewhere, but gimme a break!

If you ask me its all stupid, keep the 24 game-hour timer but let us use /omni or /clan WITH a confirmation to change (or join as in the case of neutrals) sides. Get rid of these silly forms.