Thread: 3rd person severly broken.

3rd person severly broken.

As a tank I use 3rd person to gain a birds eye view of the battle field. It allows me to see adds incoming long before the start to pounding on my doctor. As well I can see if my doctor is getting pounded. All in all 3rd person allows me to better manage my encounters while in a group so that I can spread my tuanting out more effectively.

This bug in not a new bug but it is starting to get on my nerves and has cost the life of many of docs in my groups. When in 3rd person and paning around the camera will zoom out ..... all the way out for no reason. When I say zoom out I mean ALLLL the way out ...to the end of the play field I am in sometimes.

Please fix this .... I would really like this fixed ... please fix this. It's annoying.
    Rolled
    Coathanger
    RHD Black Watch Regiment

Remember how fun the first week of NW was?

CC is teh devil!

I get this sometimes in areas with a lot of people... and therefore lag...usually in Mort near the factory. And always at times when it is extremely inconvenient
    Seid. Clan Nano Technician, Atlantean
    Proud member of Opposing Force ( Website )
    Seid's Hideout : Home of the Friends List Tool
    I would like to see a mail system in AO, for letters, money and goods, and with mail order !

when happens

This happens at any time for me. If I use 3rd person it is only a matter time before it goes haywire.
    Rolled
    Coathanger
    RHD Black Watch Regiment

CC is teh devil!

I've noticed the same problem in dungeons and outdoors. I was always able to re-create the problem when fighting Borgs in Avalon - panning around in 3rd person it would always zoom out into the corner of the 1st building on the right - happened everytime in the same spot.
    Pain in the ass when it zooms the whole playfield away - takes a few secs to zoom back in again, and as a Doc I could have lost someone in that time.

This effects many players.

I don't think this is isolated. 3rd person used to work. It was broken with a patch .. dose anyone remeber what patch broke it?
    Rolled
    Coathanger
    RHD Black Watch Regiment

CC is teh devil!

12.6 I think

I constantly use 3rd person. I noticed the problems back with 12.6. It does not happen all the time, but it really bad in a few missin dungeons (Subways) and in Clon****.

Vespucci Adv.

I've ahd this happen about a dozen times now, jsut at random really, no place or action in particular seems to trigger it. It's kinda fun the first tiem seeing basically the whole zone but when you get to spend 30 seconds zooming back in in the middle of a battle it's gets very annoying, very fast.