Thread: Limit between omni and clan ? question for FC

Smile Limit between omni and clan ? question for FC

hi,
    I would like to know if it s normal/logic for the RP (and allow by FC) that an omni guild can destroy other omni guild towers to help a clanner guild while base is within 5% ??
    thx

Money and Land. War isnt civil but there is sometimes a Civil War. If we wanted to turn NW into a RP experience the xp bonus would be gone, because xp wouldnt matter in the RP community.

Actually, the % is. I've talked with alot of folks about the RP aspect of the tower wars. Many people always thought that they should see some kind of monetary gain for thier mining. But, two things happen. One, alot of players really don't care about the money. Past 100th, money flows like water. Two, FC really doesn't want to bloat the economy anymore than it already is, with the billions of credits that get blitzed and put into the economy every day. Towers are to be a money sink. At the high end, those things are very expensive to replace and folks are blowing them up as fast as folks can throw them down.

So anyhow, one day having a nice IC chat with someone about how the company was loosing profits, etc. with the loss of land (I think we were barely over 8% bonus at that moment) I realised that a very IC way of looking at the XP bonus is just that, the profitability of OT-RK right now. We as employees, and more than likely shareholders (abiet very insignificant amounts, similar to many modern day employee stock bonus plans) are loosing profits due to clan occupation of mining assets. Sure, the clans and neutrals are supposedly selling all Notum mined through the company, but more than likely some amount is going off-world through other means.

OT-RK would be a much more profitable venture if we didn't have to pay clans/neutrals for notum we more than likely would have been able to mine more efficiently ourselves. The cost/time of the war included. I'm really not that much into economics, one of you real life 'crats can work on that one for me

With more profitable mining, the company runs a higher profit margin, which in turn is passed down to its employees through thier stock investments. Only its XP, not Cash.

And I think everyone would much rather have the XP

You clanners? Hmm, never bothered to see what you guys fight for. Probably personal gain and an improved Clan economy/state-of-living brought about by profitable mining ventures. Or sushi.

And the 5% gas is there because, heh, just read these boards for a bit, and you can see that many departments and clans have inner issues, and these sometimes do break out into open conflict. Not everyone is patriotic enough to look past themselves for the betterment of the clans/company/what-your-neut-thing-is.
    Vice President Cristin "Jypsie" Kaba
    Division 9 : Rational Science and Genotype Enforcement
    R.S.G.E Division 9

Webster is your friend.

You who consider yourselves actors and performers,
    if you play a compelling tune the people will dance.
    - Leetraider

While some might tell you it's about profits, it isn't. It's about what you feel should be done with notum and who actually should controll the flow of notum. Most of the people in controll of the notum are not RP orgs, and don't want anything to do with rp, to them towers and land are org advantages/personal boosts, and basically a grid exit near something they want to camp and not need a warp or to fly to get there. I can't really say most rp'ers are lazy but it's true in a way. You take alot of time to lvl twink buff and to be able to actually hold and defend a notum mine. The problem is the twinks controlling the lower lvl mines are alts of higher lvl players, that know the game and know how to buff and twink to maximum effectiveness, so there is almost no chance to take these mines from them for the average players. Trying to rp about notum wars is very hard to do. The game concept of it and any sort of ideals aren't really points when your dealing with people out for advantages over fun. Theres been debates about the ability to twink/buff so completly at low lvl that normal weapons will not kill the average twinked player vs there buffs, also 1 twink can walk into a mine aggro the ct and let it kill itself on his dmg/reflect shields.

This was posted by "AuntBeast" in the test server forum on a long thread I had started asking for some testing with buffs and a possible fix for high lvl outside buffs on low lvls. I think this sums up what a rp'er goes through trying to play land controll and pvp.

Hi, several of you probably know me from Wolf Brigade.

This game has level restrictions. I got a week off of work and levelled past my regular team mates, so I waited for them. We are a guild of newbies. Almost all of our players are below 100. For those of you playing for years, let me tell you how it goes for a newbie.

I see my husband playing a game that looks cool, I ask about it, download it, install it and start playing. I survive the backyard, progress to subway, still throwing away things that say "irreperable" cause I think they don't work. I love the gameplay, the teaming, the missions, the mobs. I'm beboppin' around having fun. I join an org. Org has tower. Need to get NW. Local stores don't have. Order it. YAY! Tower is under attack. I run my little fanny to the tower since they called for folks around level 20, I'm a 24! Whee! Finally get to check out this whole tower thing. I see the countdown, make sure my duraermanent pets are hip and ready to go. 3...2..1...reclaim
    wha? What? How did that guy hit me for 800 damage? He's the same level as me? Huh?

Then twinking is explained to me. By then, I have found out that neutrals are scorned regularly by almost everyone. We get a crappy side xp bonus. But I like being a nuet, I can suck up the side xp. No problem. So I am getting myself as uber as my newbie self can, hey, dun mess with me, my pet is RED to me! Oops! Tower under attack. Leave clinic with 1/2 implants in, no armor on (needed to reip) run to tower, get my fanny kicked again. Bear in mind, I have not attacked a tower yet, just defended.

I have no problems twinkin' Hey, if ya can, go for it. More power to you. Yep, you got the cash, the time, the energy, the buffs, twink your little hearts out.

My question is. How on earth can you get any enjoyment out of killing an untwinked noob? You know and I know that it's like me going to the backyard and killing lvl 1 rollerrats. Slight personal satisfaction, a tad bit of revenge, but it only lasts about 5 seconds. Then I feel dirty, and small.

Our base was wiped out yesterday morning by two lvl 25 trader twinks. Fine, they were "more prepared" than we were. They get the land. What? What was that? They destroyed our base for sport? Oh, that's right CoA already has a type 1 controller, they don't need our land or want it. We spent five hours defending our base. Why? Because the attackers weren't polite enough to tell us they were just flexing their muscles at us and had no intention of CONTROLLING the land. After our CT was destroyed, I sat there for an hour waiting to be able to rebuild. No one came to try to claim the land.

Tower battles are not about land control. Tower battles are cheap, easy ways for twinks to get their pvp titles, flex their muscles and boost their ego. If they are anything else, I haven't seen it.

Oh, and it's a good way to dishearten newbies. It's not that they die. It's not that they die by people "better prepared" It's that they can spend 5 hours trying their hardest against pretty much invincible odds to find out that it was for NOTHING. Nada.
    Zilch. The noobs are chum in the water and the twinks are hungry.

At least that big red boss at the end of the mission rewards you. Invariably, newbies walk away feeling dirty and used.

I am always so proud of my newbies when they keep getting killed and keep coming back, not because they think they might win, but because even if that tower means nothing to you, it's our tower, and we are proud of it.

Stop using lowbies as chum.