Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 100/40 damage ?

hmm

I have to agree that its hard to kill a doc in pvp. Im not sure what it is you want tho. You want 100% dmg back, or you want heals to be 50% too? I, as a soldier, wouldnt mind 100% dmg back heh. Alpha kill would just be instakill everytime...so less work for me.

I think those who want 100% damage back aren't asking for that as the only solution, just that healing and damage be on the same scale, and in terms of nano cost the same cost basis. If that means 50% damage 50% heals 40% caps that's good. If that means 100% damage 100% healing, 40% caps, thats good. If it means 200% HP, 100% damage 100% healing, 40% caps thats good.

Crits are another issue that needs to be looked into. Soldier insta-kills in previous patches are all based on crits. those 5k FAs were crits.

Originally posted by ULTRA1
    I think those who want 100% damage back aren't asking for that as the only solution, just that healing and damage be on the same scale, and in terms of nano cost the same cost basis. If that means 50% damage 50% heals 40% caps that's good. If that means 100% damage 100% healing, 40% caps, thats good. If it means 200% HP, 100% damage 100% healing, 40% caps thats good.

Crits are another issue that needs to be looked into. Soldier insta-kills in previous patches are all based on crits. those 5k FAs were crits.
    Adding the critical bonus after the initial damage is modified by your attack rating would go a looooong way toward fixing this problem.

hmm

Making healing 50% in pvp will be really really hard if you think about it.

But it can be done...

If we get 200% health, the mobs can do 2x dmg and we all can have 100% dmg and 100% heals in pvp.
    NT phone HOME!!

heh

It would be impossible to go hunting in that area. Making the mobs hit for twice as much isnt equal to giving us 200% hp.

Garzu means make their damage output twice as much which is equal to 200% hp as far as scaling goes. Each attack doesn't have to be exactly 2x, since we all know some mobs hit 2 times fast some even more frequently.

Anyway, the point is that balance could be made for pvm to be on the same rule system as pvp if some effort was made by funcom. Then we wouldn't rule dualism.

Actually that's my favorite option, fix crits so they are less frequent and less damaging, 2x player HP, 100% damage and healing, and yes 40% cap for PVP damage.

no

For an example. If you want go to hunt medusas in EFP now, which is 25%. They hit for ~700. If I go there with my team and get buffed, lets say i get 5000 hp. It's doable if you only pull one medusa at the time.

However, if the medusas started hitting for 1400, and the docs wouldnt be able to heal me for more than they do now, there's no way I'd survive, even if I had 10 000 hp.

It wont work until you come up with something better.

Nerf healing then... Make it so that if mob hits doc for 400 dmg, and player hits for 200 dmg, then the heal would be 66% effective...

Or of course, make dmg 100% and capped at for example 33%, same should of course apply to healing, this way you cant be killed by 3 specials anymore.
    NT phone HOME!!

Hmm 10% damage with a 4% cap?

How would you propose an NT kill anyone? Do you think any NT could cast 20 nukes without recharging? Do you think anyone would ever even die since 95% of all pvp takes place 2 steps from a zone?

Oh no, I've been shot 18 times and am down to 20% heath (or I am a soldier with MK-X and have been shot 72 times and am down to 8% heath! time to take 1 step back and zone!

I guess that's what I have against 10% 4% damage. No one would ever die and it would just be too silly to even try to PVP.

Honestly, healing and damage needs to be on the same scale. Personally I think crits need to be reduced in frequency too.

umm I didnt get what people were saying 10/4 and all

10% damage *shrugs* I dont care, but those would be some LONG fights

4% cap, that is utter BS. Every Big damage weapon that is slow is then USELESS. Oh, wait, right now slow fast weapons are useless, so now EVERY WEAPON IS USELESS.

/me pulls someones head out of their butt

bad bad bad idea.

oh and for the people complaining that their fast weapons wont be so useless, think of the damage you do at 40%, now devide by 4!!!! My mongo could heal me faster than you could hurt me.

The biggest problem in the game is crits, reduce crits and you will see more balance. NT's would even be more leveled by it. I remember a time in late beta and early release when crits were not that common, now I EXPECT crits. This is bad. If shotguns didnt crit so much there would not be so many complaints about it, same goes for beams, hammers, any decent solja or agent gun.

Crits need to be reduced/removed if you want my opinion on how to balance pvp
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

I have a feeling it will stay the way it is. This is fine for my level 50 MA who will never level, healing being 100% works very much to her advantage.

It's not too bad for my soldier, I don't rely on nano pool, I always pack hunt players with 2 or 3 people and we focus on 1 target mostly to be sure someone dies.

Illith, I'm guessing you are omni, first 300 evades aren't very good if you are over level 100, and many mobs on the clan side hit for more than 400. Go solo a cyborg brig sometime, they hit about as hard as medussa do now and have for a very long time (since they were given guns finally). All mobs have very consistant damage, player's damage is very random. Most mobs don't have LMA UVC or at least VS running either =]

I'd like to see 100% damage and 200% hp for players, then at least the scale for damage and healing would be the same, damage would still be less effective, and heals would be as expensive as damage in terms of NP. PVM could then be reballanced giving NPCs better AI, cooperative behaviour, better damage output, maybe even more hps too.

If nothing else happens crits should be reduced or removed from PVP. That is where insta-kills come from. Also nano cost for DDs or any offensive nano should be 50% too, this could include doc dots and such.
    i have hunted cyborgs. don't anymore becourse there is a ton of grifers in mort now.
    and i can't solo a cyborg even a major. not becourse they crit alot. becourse natural healing of the mob is a problem for. i do so little damage it's a joke. norm hit is 122 crit is 550. hit every 2 s. brawls are 200-1,3k(a crit). i have max nano pool i can heal 10 times without HE(humidity extractor). that takes about 1,5 min to chain cast those heals. just got a new heal healing 300-800 average of 500, so my nano pool basicaly means i got 5000 extra hp. IF the fight lasts long enough. most pvp fight are over before my first heal is done recharging ;(.

Originally posted by Garzu

If so, they need to have low health, no healers, no teams with docs/MA/adv, and no MP or trader, no soldiers with MK shield, and no NTs with Nullity.
    or simply keep it as it is. only the nt's complain.(can be wrong)
    and no need to change much. only look at the nts in pvp. and vola a fairly balanced pvp system(only problem is ppl still insta die)

guess my roomie allways crits with fa then. (lvl 131 soldier)

Originally posted by Garzu
    But it can be done...

If we get 200% health, the mobs can do 2x dmg and we all can have 100% dmg and 100% heals in pvp.
    and die really fast becaurse heals are to weak.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12