Thread: Trader Charm Nano, bugfix in order

Red face Trader Charm Nano, bugfix in order

Well I started out my new trader recently and started to experiment with the different nano lines. And something really struck me as odd, it must be a bug because this cannot be right. The smallest charm works in 3 mins, a decent amout of time in my humble opinion, and locks everything for the duration of the charm. Describtion is as follows:
    "
    This attempts to take control of the mind of the target. The process takes all of your concentration, and during the period of control, you will not be able to move or attack (unless you are violently shaken back to full consciousness). "

Now I charmed a creature, set it out to hunt watched it die after about 60 seconds and was prompty attacked by the creature my Pet has attacked, fair enough thats how it should be - but I was still locked in place for the next 2 mins - The negative effect should have stopped by not just one but two things; a. the charmed creature died b. I was "unless you are violently shaken back to full consciousness" when the bloddy creature attacked me i mean come on now.
    Now THIS is not fair, let me stand still and watch defenceles as the charmed creature is remote controlled by me is fair, letting me stand there after it dies is NOT fair. Funcom this should not be a biggie to fix, just remove the negative aspects if the charmed creature dies. I dont ask for some thing out of the ordinary, just let it work as intended
    --
    Lwiz, MA and still dancing the minimum-damage-ring - until Patch 13.8 I hope
    Fleshwall, Enforcer doing 2hand egde for a change, and a lot of aggro
    Tamare, Trader by nature - radient looks

Re: Trader Charm Nano, bugfix in order

Originally posted by Lwiz
    Well I started out my new trader recently and started to experiment with the different nano lines. And something really struck me as odd, it must be a bug because this cannot be right. The smallest charm works in 3 mins, a decent amout of time in my humble opinion, and locks everything for the duration of the charm. Describtion is as follows:
    "
    This attempts to take control of the mind of the target. The process takes all of your concentration, and during the period of control, you will not be able to move or attack (unless you are violently shaken back to full consciousness). "

Now I charmed a creature, set it out to hunt watched it die after about 60 seconds and was prompty attacked by the creature my Pet has attacked, fair enough thats how it should be - but I was still locked in place for the next 2 mins :o - The negative effect should have stopped by not just one but two things; a. the charmed creature died b. I was "unless you are violently shaken back to full consciousness" when the bloddy creature attacked me i mean come on now.
    Now THIS is not fair, let me stand still and watch defenceles as the charmed creature is remote controlled by me is fair, letting me stand there after it dies is NOT fair. Funcom this should not be a biggie to fix, just remove the negative aspects if the charmed creature dies. I dont ask for some thing out of the ordinary, just let it work as intended
    When the trader charms were first added, this was heavily debated on the forums. (Debated = Funcom was flamed for it. ;)) I believe the final answer is that Funcom wants to add additional functionality to the trader charms at some point in the future, but that it's not going to be easy so it's not going to happen anytime soon. Several possiblities were discussed, including having the player actually swap bodies with the mob, letting him or her control the charmed mob using regular player controls, while leaving his own body behind to stand motionless until the nano wore off or his charmed body got killed. That sounds pretty cool! They also mentioned needing to fix the bad effect not wearing off for the duration, but again that was coming at a later date.

The upside is that the swap psyche line is still one of the best 11th hour survival nanos in the game as long as you keep them up to date. Considering the fact that you can /pet terminate the charmed mob... Just make sure you fight stupid stuff that has low psychic. :)

LOL, didn't know you could terminate it - thought never occured to me
    thx a bunch that really helps out
    --
    Lwiz, MA and still dancing the minimum-damage-ring - until Patch 13.8 I hope
    Fleshwall, Enforcer doing 2hand egde for a change, and a lot of aggro
    Tamare, Trader by nature - radient looks

Exclamation don't /pet terminate

Just fyi, whenever I've /pet terminate the charm is released and the former pet immediate aggros me from whatever distance.

Just send it off to hunt and then release it once it is being mobbed a bit, or make your your team is ready to take out the pet and then release it.

Ecce, 93 NT
    Abunari, 57 Trader

Re: don't /pet terminate

Originally posted by Ecce
    Just fyi, whenever I've /pet terminate the charm is released and the former pet immediate aggros me from whatever distance.

Just send it off to hunt and then release it once it is being mobbed a bit, or make your your team is ready to take out the pet and then release it.

Ecce, 93 NT
    Abunari, 57 Trader
    Really? They must have changed this at some point. I haven't played my trader in a while, last time I was messing with it if you /pet terminated it just killed the charmed creature outright, no xp, but at least you didn't have to worry about it killing you. :) I used swap psyche as a panic button when I was fighting a single mob that looked like it was about to win.

if you use the pet terminate command, you are still locked for the duration of the nano. this is what is bugged and this is what needs to be fixed. even in the description, it states, the user will not return to conciousness unless shaken violently. How is being killed for you. You should be frozen untill you get aggro'd and get hit taking a certain amount of damage. As it is now, you can be locked untill you get sent to the reclaim booth. This needs to be fixed soon, but not as much as fixers or agents.
    Frelo - Level 29 Fixer (and loving every minute of it)

Anahata - Level 110 Solitus Trader
    Khephra - Level 6 Solitus Engineer
    Zaum - Level 8 Nanomage MP
    Merkaba715 - Level 50 Nanomage NT (Sleeping till NT's are fixed)
    Dimholt - Level 10 Atrox Enforcer
    Omni
    Rubi-Ka 1

'The only ones that see the end of war are the dead' - Plato

Question give us xp to plz

Another strange thing about it -- when you take over a mob and have it hunt or attack something you don't get any xp if the charmed mob kills it.

SOOoo Lame.

--------------------
    Halcyinv2 - noot fixer
    Mzack & Mzackv2 - noot trader