Thread: Dear brother

Dear brother

"Hi Neb,

How are you big brother? I haven't seen or heard from you since the letter you sent me for my birthday. Thanks for the gift. The doll is cute. What did you call it? Leet Doll? I really like it. Think of you everytime i hold it.

Anyway, i'm really worried about you. At first you'd write me every week. Then it was every month. Now it's once a year. I know your busy with important things Mr. Soldier-man. And i had to find out from father you joined the omni-police force. I hope that's going ok for you.

I have a few friends that have left for Rubi-Ka and i told them to look you up. Don't you check your messages? They've tried to contact you dozens of times. Neb, i've heard some terrible things from those friends. The conditions on Rubi-Ka seem to be very volatile. Assassinations, constant wars, murders, terrorists...and that's only to name a few.

I know you left for Rubi-Ka so long ago only to satisfy fathers wishes, but Neb...you could have come back by now if you wanted to. I've talked to mother and she agree's with me. Fathers wont listen...but you know how he is. Always thinking of the family name above it's members. Neb...i think what's going on there is wrong. My friends have been telling me horrible stories of how omni-tek has been abusing the poor people living on that planet.

Forcing people to be slaves in the mines...then killing them when they refuse. And these 'Clans', i mean...are they so wrong Neb? They want to live free and not be used like mules. I've been reading up on the planets history...so many wars. So many revolts...and all these people want are to be left to make there lives what they want it to be. To follow there own dreams, have a good life for there families. Isn't that what you'd want too Neb if you were oppressed?

I really hope your not doing anything hideous Neb. Your a good person...i know you are. I want to come see you, i've booked a ticket to arrive in two weeks. We have so much to talk about. Some of my friends have even joined the clans. I'd love it if you could meet them...talk to them...just listen to what they have to say Neb. That's all i ask.

Anyway, i'll see you soon big Brother. I'm so going to hug you good mister. And yes, i'll make you my special chocolate moose you like so much. I can only imagine your apartment...dirty as always. See you soon messy man.

Your loving sister,

Natasha"

*Neboja set down the datapad and walked over to the bar in his apartment. He removed a heavy set crystal glass, set two icycles in and slowly poured specially imported whiskey into it. He withdrew one small cigarette from a slim silver metallic box. The butt of the cigarette was golden, while the rest was a mix of white and grey.*

"Computer, activate record mode."

*He set the cigarette beween his lips and lit the tip. A deep drag...and an exhalation of solid black smoke from his nostrils.*

"In two weeks a suspected clan sympathizer will be arriving on Rubi-Ka. She is to be apprehended the moment she lands and brought in for questioning and re-programming before deportation back to Prime. If re-programming does not work then trial and termination is suggested."

*Neboja exhaled another cloud of thick black smoke, directly into the whiskey glass. He watched the two icycles turn and melt slowly amidst the black mist...grasping it and emptying it's contents in one fluid motion. The ice jinggled against the crystal glass as it was set back onto the counter, and a slight crack formed on the upper right corner. He had not realized he had slammed it down.*

"Her name is...Natasha Graveheart. The people awaiting her arrival will also be clan sympathizers, and through interogation they will eventually tell you the names of other clan sympathizers."

*He took another drag on the cigarette...much deeper...and holding the smoke in much longer. He could feel the weight growing on his chest...and slowly released the smoke. A billowing cloud released from his mouth...upward to cover his face.*

"The Graveheart family was not aware of Natasha Graveheart's treasoneous views or beliefs or that she consorted willingly with the clan. They are to be absolved of any legal actions for the daughters...mistakes."

*He leaned against the wall and took another drag of the cigarette. Exhaling the black smoke as he spoke.*

"Computer, end recording and send it through a secure and direct channel."

"Dim the lights..."

*He poured himself another drink and reached for another cigarette.*

((I was bored...it's shiat but killed 20 minutes.))
    Alex Neboja Graveheart

Assault Corps, cpl of Omni-Pol

------------------------------------------------

Angelus IceKing Anasazi

"I'm an Enforcer, my motto is simple. Hit, stick, bust d***...and talk ****, and what? Talk ****, and what? Talk ****!"

((WOOT! Evil bastard ))
    Bliqz: "anything Uwen says is a vicious and ugly lie"

((I could sense this one coming from the moment I read the letter. Good shot Neb.

Man, you're really a cheap bastard sometimes, but hey... Omni-Tek is our friend. *grins evilly*))
    Jen Markarian - Put the weirdness back in Omni-Mining
    Updating my stories -- 19/03/08. Going slowly, but certainly
    Anarchy Reloaded - AO webcomics for the sake of being silly

I never want to lose what I have finally found
    There's a requiem
    A new congregation
    And it's telling me: go forward and walk
    Under a brighter sky
    -- Delerium, Euphoria --

Re: Dear brother

You are just like your father. Always the family name before all else! Before your own life and living it... You would prefer to serve the family name, then be happy. Not too sure if that is a good thing or not. That is up to you to decide though.

She is right, you are a good person... when you want to be, and I at least know you can be... I have seen it done, although you were unaware it seems.

Luci "Jassel" Jurik

-2 Weeks later-

*As the shuttle docked at the station and the passengers disembarked, a contingent of armed forces awaited. In white omni armor, chief inspector Trellain waited patiently for the suspect to disembark. One by one the passengers emerged. Those seeking profit, those seeking to build there own future, those looking to be part of it...and those seeking the meaning of there present. Chief Inspector Trellain, dressed in fine omni-intern-op garb and black keelar sunglasses, stood unmoving. Eventually the flow of new arrivals ceased...and the unwavering Trellain looked over the passenger roster once more before stopping a flight attendant as she passed him by.*

"You there, where is this passenger?"

*He shows the woman a holographic projection of Natasha Graveheart. The woman watches it for a few moments before looking back to the man who obviously made her uneasy.*

"I..i don't know sir. She was not on our flight."

*Trellain remained as stone cold as ever...his voice rather raspy, as if he had swallowed the wig on his head.*

"Look again madam. We received confirmation that this woman 'had' departed Omni-Prime on this flight. Your passenger manifold clearly shows her as being one this flight."

*The flight attended, showing obvious signs that she was frightened, shook her head and motioned for another flight attended as she watched them from the side.*

"Ask my friend, no woman of that description was on this flight. I'm sorry, she wasn't on...right Jannene?

*Her friend nodded in agreement as Trellain's stoic facial expression cracked slowly to reveal someone who was growing impatient.*

"Very well. You will be called for questioning later. Do not leave Rubi-Ka space."

*Trellain turned around to the twelve well-armed omni soldiers, almost spinning in spot.*

"Search this entire area. No passenger leaves until we find this woman."

---16 hours later---

*Trellain's calm stoic demeanor seemed to be long shattered. From annoyed, to irritated, to down right angry did the man become.*

"This is what we know sir." *Said a man clad in white omni armor.*

"The flight that left Omni-Prime included all the passengers on the manifold. The flight was delayed by one hour in arriving, and when it did arrive it seems to be one passenger short."

*Trellain tapped the com on the back of his hand angrily.*

"Contact Alex Neboja Graveheart."

*Neboja's COM buzzed silently as his golden yalm quietly hovered high above the sky in Rome Blue. He tapped a console and re-routed the COM signal to be relayed through the yalm's COM.*

"Neboja here. What is it?"

*The voice on the other end was icy...yet as cold and cool as it was it gave away hints of irritation and anger.*

"This is Chief inspector Trellain. The cargo ship arrived without our intended cargo. We have gone through great lengths to prepare everything for this traitor, and now she mysteriously isn't on the flight she DID board leaving Omni-Prime?"

*Neboja's callous chuckle rang across the COM for a moment before he blandly responded*

"Chief Inspector Trellain...if you'd like i can get a crystal ball and attempt to divine where she might be. Otherwise, why are you contacting me?"

*Trellain composed himself for a moment, his distain of the other man was blatant.*

"Dont bull**** me Neboja, this is your sister we're talking about it. And somehow i have this feeling...like we're being played with. Something about all this bothered me from the beginning. You turn in your own sister...and now she just vanishes into thin air before being delivered into our hands?"

*Neboja chuckles again...a little longer...*

"tsk tsk tsk Trellain...you should know that all traitors to Omni-Tek must be reported. Family members who betray the corporation are no longer considered family. You should know that. Now...unless you have some kind of evidence to back up what your 'really' want to accuse someone of, i suggest you do your job and keep sniffing around. Find the bone boy...find the bone."

*Trellain spat venom across the COM...to which he was simply cut off.*

"Ooops...sorry chief inspector, guess i lost the signal."

*Neboja tapped a few controls on the console of his yalm.*

-Funds transfer.......complete-

*He inserted a communications chip into an open slot and punched in a frequency. The image was blurry, but the voice could be heard. They spoke in a language very few people would know of anymore.*

"Packet koi smo chekali je dobro stiglo. Nikakve probleme nismo imali." (The package that we waited for arrive well. We did not experience any problems.)

*Neboja smiled and leaned back in his seat. Removing a golden filter cigarette and lighting it slowly.*

"Dobro...dali je packet uredu?" (Good...is the package ok?)

*A buzzing sound came across the screen and an image flashed across from it. The image was of a woman...long dark hair...sleeping in a bed under heavy beige sheets.*

"Kao sto vidite, vrlo dobro. Sve ide kao sto smo planirali." (As you can see, the package is very good. Everything is going as we have planned it.)

*Neboja did something he rarely did...and meant...he smiled.*

"Dobro...dobro...pazi na taj packet. Kazi joj...da je brat...voli."
    (Good...good...watch after that package. Tell her...that her brother...loves her.)

*The screen buzzed and faded. The COM chip was ejected into Neboja's waiting hand. He closed his fist slowly around it...crushing it to fine bits. The cockpit of his yalm filled with black smoke from his cigarette as he leaned his head back and looked up. Right above him was a picture of a woman with dark hair...hugging him. Obviously an older picture. His smile grew a little wider...he reached his hand out and tapped the console twice. The Golden yalmaha streaked across the sky silently high above the sky of Rome Blue.*
    Last edited by Neboja; Mar 20th, 2003 at 08:47:11.
    Alex Neboja Graveheart

Assault Corps, cpl of Omni-Pol

------------------------------------------------

Angelus IceKing Anasazi

"I'm an Enforcer, my motto is simple. Hit, stick, bust d***...and talk ****, and what? Talk ****, and what? Talk ****!"

I knew you weren't all bad, Neboja!
    Janella "Nevver" McCallagher
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»
    Why settle for less when you can oppress?

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
    "Nevver: Like the thing that hides in your closet. But worse." - Gueve

Also known as...
    Jacquelynn "Kaitakait" Moscardelli
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH

Another Omni with a soul, whats the world coming to??

Bliqz: "anything Uwen says is a vicious and ugly lie"

OOC

Interesting story...I always enjoy these little RP thingies.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

Originally posted by Nevver
    I knew you weren't all bad, Neboja!
    Heehheeheh...
    ~~~~~
    Katelin "Missmaul" Locknane -Sloooowly climbing her way out of the dank pits of gimpness. But stil crazy. Ya know...just in case you cared.