Thread: l33t speak? Really??

l33t speak? Really??

Ok, I don't pvp, but I read this board from time to time. Lots of posts from people claiming to get owned by 13 year old boys who say stuff like "I ownz joo n00b, I r0xx0r".

My question is: do people really say that, or is it just some way to describe the person? Really... anyone who has even an inkling of a clue wouldn't even think of saying stuff like that. I've never seen it used on these boards, except jokingly. Does that mean that it's hardly used, or that the people who say it don't visit the forums?

Enlighten me...
    Vanguard Mharc. Self-equipper extraordinaire no longer. I'm back!

lol

Hehe fortunately not many people use leet speek in AO its more something that is used in forums to describe certain smack talking individuals.
    But i have heard someone pm me with stuff like I 0wnz0r j00 after ganking me in pvp but i mostly laugh when i hear that.

1 d0n7 |</\/0w w|-|47 ur 74l|<1/\/g 4|30u7

Re: l33t speak? Really??

Originally posted by Mharc
    Ok, I don't pvp, but I read this board from time to time. Lots of posts from people claiming to get owned by 13 year old boys who say stuff like "I ownz joo n00b, I r0xx0r".

My question is: do people really say that, or is it just some way to describe the person? Really... anyone who has even an inkling of a clue wouldn't even think of saying stuff like that. I've never seen it used on these boards, except jokingly. Does that mean that it's hardly used, or that the people who say it don't visit the forums?

Enlighten me...
    Usually not, at least not if you fight at MMD or 2ho, the arena can be kind of lame that way. Most people that fight in MMD and 2ho know "skill" isn't really the key aspect of pvp, it's mostly stats and character building, so words like "ownzroed and PWEEENED" don't really mean anything. The arena is full of punks tho, if you want to PVP go to mmd or 2ho or mort or aces depending on your level and don't talk just take care of your business. At aces and mort people will want to talk to you about killing them, this is where the /ignore cmd is very useful.