Thread: Stealth change to unique items

Stealth change to unique items

Since Funcom won't tell anyone about this major rule change, then I guess I will. Hopefully I will get something wrong here so that someone from FC will be forced to actually post something on this change.

While it was not listed on the patch notes, you can now have only one of each UNIQUE item in your inventory, regardless of QL. Thus if you have a Flurry of Blows, for instance, and someone tries to give you a higher level Flurry of Blows, you will receive a message saying something to the effect of "character already has the unique item." It doesn't matter if the item is equipped, in your inventory or in a bag.

I'm guessing that the ramifications of this will only become apparent gradually. One of them is that you will no longer be able to dual-wield IQ Rings. I'm sure there are a lot of other items like this that we will have to change our thinking on after this stealth change. Hopefully Funcom will give us some documentation on this change soon so that we know how it is supposed to work. Otherwise we don't know what is a bug and what isn't. Maybe that's the point...

Scorus

This change is very bad for MAs. We can't loot special attacks anymore. We can't carry lower QL special attacks to use when we are deproved.

This change was made to combat a exploit that I don't believe can now be done anyway.

Basically, there are a number of people running around with more than 1 token board, in fact 1 person I know has all of them.

This was from the time of being able to pass nodrop items as well as a due to a couple of the dupe bugs.

Also people used to be able to pass things like plans and cars.

I *think* all these bugs have now been fixed.
    Ye Olde and Original Founding is BACK !

Australian Timezone - RK1