Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: The Sentinels -Leaders of the Clans? (long)

*looks up at Ail*

Another one for "the list"
    "Did I tell you that you could speak?....then why are you still talking?."

Originally posted by Cemetarygate
    Also, in case you were unware, Omni-Tek's monopoly on mining is over. That being the case, perhaps clans should stop giving Omni-Tek the notum to be shipped off world. I'm sure Omni-Tek's bussiness associates would hate hearing how their supplier can't keep up with demands. Maybe the'll come to the majority mining holders for their notum then?
    Pardon my cynicism but woulden't any or all the other hypecorporations incorporated within the ICC simply find it much easier to come and invade Rubi-Ka, smash the clans, and mine the notum on their own if it weren't for the threat of Omni-Tek retribution? ICC regulations also state that Omni-Tek has a legal monopoly on the refining and shipping of notum, if the clans stop selling to Omni-Tek in lieu of selling to another party (In clear violation of ICC regulations) what is to stop the more militant aspects of our corporation from responding in a hostile, and possibly even genocidal way? They would claim the destruction of Tir and Athen as "Necessary to uphold our ICC sanctioned right to process and ship notum" and the ICC would only stand aside and watch.
    Last edited by Aimes; Mar 21st, 2003 at 20:52:35.

Originally posted by Cyani
    I just ask where all these moderates and guilds where and what their participation including in leading up to the meeting with Bagels?
    We were supporting you, Nelida and Fixerben in your military actions against the Sentinels' guards Tir. That has never been in dispute, and you seem to be lashing out like a child to have this acknowledged.

However, as was pointed out earlier in this discussion no matter how many times they are killed, they come back. Plain and simple. The military actions undertaken against the Sentinels in Tir commenced almost immediately after their arrival. Which was almost five months ago. FIVE months of attempting to slaughter guards acting under order produced NO marked results. Similarly, FIVE months of crying out in the streets of Rubi-Ka and these very forums produced NO marked results. Now, we could have followed that pattern of failure, or, like any prudent individual or group would have done seized the opportunity to make a marked change on the situation.

Just seems the actions of a few are overshadowed by those that want to be noted for actions they had little to influence.
    "The actions of a few". Couldn't have said it better myself, Cyani. The group you make reference to is made up of only THREE - yes, three - people. How many attended that meeting? Not including the fact that it was discussed over guild chat among WE members, posted in the forums to foster discussion, etc., which I am sure was repeated in the NINE CLANS party to that meeting.

.. if our fate where to be left up to the moderates we would be doomed... [/COLOR] [/B]
    Then I ask you this, Cyani: When these same moderates SUCCEED in the very goal that you supposedly championed so mightily, what will you say then?
    Emiliy Age
    Unit Leader, Foreign Relations
    Speak your heart, don't bite your tongue...

Whisper's Edge | Gridmail | Engy's Workshop | Tir School of Engineering

Bliqz on Shadowlands: "Gonna make it hard to decide who I can and cant eat."

This has taken an odd twist...

Cyani, I'm not entirely sure what this is about. I was going to take the time for a lengthy response to some of your comments, but I think Emiliy summed it up rather nicely. I will say this, however. Personally, as a Clan Leader who likely falls very comfortably into this "moderate" category you're now tossing around like it's some sort of insult, I neither appreciate the backstabbing, nor do I appreciate the belittling of my efforts. I do not feel obligated to scream out for all to hear what it is I do, or don't do, while working towards a cause.

And, as Emiliy so rightly pointed out. What difference does it make what methods I, or any of my fellow leaders, choose to use...so long as they get the results?
    The Deacon of Doom
    www.gridstream.org

You silly fool, you haven't gotten anything done. You're only proving me right more and more. arguing amongst yourselves like the sheep you are, not knowing which way is up nor down, no direction, no guidance, no real sense of purpose..you see a big bad man in Tir, and lacking the balls to go into omni trade and assault people there, you'd rather do it in your own backyard where it's safer..you sicken me braedon. You are a COWARD.

Originally posted by Lexusstreak
    You silly fool, you haven't gotten anything done. You're only proving me right more and more. arguing amongst yourselves like the sheep you are, not knowing which way is up nor down, no direction, no guidance, no real sense of purpose..you see a big bad man in Tir, and lacking the balls to go into omni trade and assault people there, you'd rather do it in your own backyard where it's safer..you sicken me braedon. You are a COWARD.
    First off, as I've said...I don't feel the need to shout about what I have or haven't accomplished, or how I do it.

Secondly, I have no interest in going into Omni Trade and assaulting people there. That doesn't make me a coward, it makes me humane.

Thirdly, I am not going to allow myself to just accept being a "pawn" in some game, and forget how to think for myself. You've clearly done both. Which one of us is the coward?
    The Deacon of Doom
    www.gridstream.org

That would be you sir. Because you can not stand to the omni threat, you'd rather kill people of your own faction to allow scum to walk our city, so that makes YOU the coward, it makes YOu the traitor. You do not deserve to think because all you seem to do is abuse your freedoms and kill innocent guards.

Bionitrous, clans sold notum to SBC, in the past, without the use of such equipment. Not like we can't sell notum to other entities using those same methods.

Shuldrich, easier to build an army, create battle plans, deploy troops, attack, clean up whatever mess they've left, rebuild the mining equipment and start mining again or simply buy the notum from another party. Your cynicism is pardoned, but I think, as do third parties, the latter is easier and less costly.

Also, you're correct, Omni-Tek has the legal monopoly on the refining and shipping of notum. But, ever notice how Omni-Tek is punished when clans do something that violates Omni-Tek's agreement with the ICC? So, Omni-Tek can respond with whatever forces necessary against the clans, but know that they'll have the ICC breathing down their neck faster than they can say notum mining.

That would be you sir. Because you can not stand to the omni threat, you'd rather kill people of your own faction to allow scum to walk our city, so that makes YOU the coward, it makes YOu the traitor. You do not deserve to think because all you seem to do is abuse your freedoms and kill innocent guards.
    I'm sorry, tell me again how killing Neutrals is standing up to the Omni threat?

How is turning Neutrals against Clanners through brutal and inhumane behavior standing up to the Omni threat?

How is strutting around Tir and firing your weapon at unarmed civilians standing up to the Omni threat?

It's not. Plain and simple.

I have no less than 20 members in my org who were once Omni employees. They no longer are. I think that might just be dealing with the Omni threat.
    The Deacon of Doom
    www.gridstream.org

You sound like vixentrox..a bad thing. she is just as worse as you are. Neutrals have no place in Tir at all, they are neutral, why should they have any dealings in a city that is aligned to a specific side? They shouldn't be there at all, they are no better than the ICC who actually fuel this conflict, go to Andromeda and kill them, they are the real enemy, if you can't see it then you are blind. They are the ones who sparked the notum wars, they are the ones who instigated the conflict behind the scenes when the CoT disbanded. and yet I don't see you shooting at them. You have killed before, vixentrox has killed before, the sentinels have killed before, you all do it, it makes you no better than the other, ....no wait, the difference here is the sentinels have chosen and alignment and have kept to it...people like you and vixentrox don't know where you stand, you shoot whoever you feel..and you only do it because you feel it will gain you some inkling of popularity..look at thedeacon for example..he thinks that by shouting how much he doesn't like sentinels it will gain him some attention,a nd it actually has. Point is you are nothing but a wave rider, if all the clan citizens suddenly said, hey we hate sir galahad, you would spearhead a protest against hima nd kill the knights in avalon, plain and simple..you already don't have a mind of your own, i will simply make it official.

The ICC is the real enemy? I thought OmniTek was the real enemy? Or was it the "Traitorous clanners"? Or have you not decided? Or is it merely anyone that you arbitrarily decide doesn't deserve to exist because of the god like powers that have been given to you, making it your right to judge who is deserving of life and who is not?

You need to seriously consider filling out an OmniTek application form. If there is a such thing as a clan traitor, you are the traitor. Trying to impose what you think on everyone else. Saying that people don't deserve free will. Saying dictatorship is good. "Might makes right" eh?
    Bliqz: "anything Uwen says is a vicious and ugly lie"

I am the only power you need to understand..the enemy is..well you are right, anyone who stands against the true destiny of the clans is the enemy plain and simple, it doesn't have to be a singular body because it is not. AT least I have a side and I have chosesn it, I do not straddle the fence, I do NOT smile to omni citizens who pass by then shoot their brothers and sisters in Meetmedere and who knows where else like vixentrox does. Yes I DO say that people do not deserve free will because you do not..the best you can do with that great gift is argue amongst yourselves...that is it. You've gotten nothing done at all whatsoever, nor will you ever get anything done. Everything you do is for attention..for someone to stand behind you and go here here! Glory hogs all of you are..you will side with whomever has popularity. Myself? I am not out to please anyone, I am not out to make alliances with anyone, I am not out to hold rallies for anyone. If you choose freedom, then chose the sentinels, if you do not and wish to corrupt our way of life with omni tek and neutral interaction then you die, as simple as that.

As for joining Omni tek..is that the best retort you can come up with? You don't even know what Omni tek is..you hop into a conflict without knowing the enemy, I have known omni tek for a long time, I know how they work and how they function...I'd even go so far as to say some of their ideals I admire...the one thing that makes them my enemy is the fact that they do not wish to give Clans the powers they need to function as an independant unit..I will simply seize that from them eventually. Think before you speak boy, I have way more experience in dealing with the harsh reality of war, I do not sit in the cup and talk talk talk, I go out and i accomplish.

So what has stopped you from storming Mr. Ross' office and "accomplishing"? If you're going to talk about "accomplishing" in your delusion of grandeur, don't cite half-goals.

Go big or go home. Or, stop being idealistic and unrealistic and focus on what you CAN do.
    Emiliy Age

First of all, the reason I haven't "stormed" Mr Ross office is because it is not my current agenda, my current agenda is weeding out the traitors that call themselves clanners. Why would i barge into Omni trade/entertainment/rome when my own home is being overrun by those who freely invite omni and neutrals into it? It's called a priority and right now the priority is getting my own faction straightened out before venturing forth...right now the actions of a lot of clanners are doing nothing but fueling Ross agenda, domination of the clans without lifting a finger...he knows that if all clans lie down to his will and let HIS people frolic wherever they please within clan territories then he has already won. So you see, he is not the greatest threat right now, it's people like and guilds like Whisper's Edge.

A) Then you are an enemy. You stand in the way of the true goals of the clans. Democracy is one of the true goals of the clans and always has been.

B) I've chosen my side too. I'm a clanner.

C) We have gotten things done. The diplomatic skills of a few prevented some angry neutrals from becoming enemies of the clans.

D) I'm not a glory hog. I don't want power. I don't want popularity. The only thing I want is a democracy. If Silverstne gets elected, thats something I'll accept because I accept the will of the majority. I will not accept the will of one man and his band of thugs.

E) The Sentinels do not represent freedom. You've even said something like this yourself. Silverstone is a dictator and you want to remove free will. Thats not freedom.

F) No, its not a retort. Its simply a fact that your views are far more in line with OmniTek than what is considered the original ideals of the clans.

G) You have no idea what I know or do not know. You continue to believe you have the power to judge people when you have no idea of anything about them. You have no idea what war is. Most of the time, people come back. Thats not war. War is where people died. You leave Rubi Ka and fight real war, like I have, then you can talk to me about war. You have never fought a war if you have never left Rubi Ka.

H) Like Emiliy said, you have accomplished nothing with your shouting and shooting.

I) Perhaps you should think before you speak.

A little juxtaposition, for everyone's reading pleasure:

...arguing amongst yourselves like the sheep you are, not knowing which way is up nor down, no direction, no guidance, no real sense of purpose..you see a big bad man in Tir, and lacking the balls to go into omni trade and assault people there, you'd rather do it in your own backyard where it's safer..you sicken me braedon. You are a COWARD.
    AND

Why would i barge into Omni trade/entertainment/rome when my own home is being overrun by those who freely invite omni and neutrals into it? It's called a priority and right now the priority is getting my own faction straightened out before venturing forth...
    Care to differentiate how you, by your own definition, are not a COWARD?
    Emiliy Age

You don't know where I have been either little boy. I'd kill you before you took 2 steps towards me. I have fought real wars..I have been in REAL battles. I know more about Omni tek than you do...I'd even let you know something else about me, I was Born Omni tek. As I grew I saw that their system was a little..off..so I joined the clans before I turned 18...so I wasn't an "official" citizen of Omni tek. I know how they work, I have seen the conflict teeter and totter before you probably even arrived in the backyards of this planet. I have accomplished more than you know, the difference here is I don't sit around with a spot light over my head saying hey I did this I did this, give me credit for it.

Yes I have said you don't deserve free will, that is not the same as freedom. Here it means you are free to go about your daily business, as long as you don't do something to F*** with the order of things like you have been doing.

What a coincedence. When I arrived on Rubi Ka, it was under OmniTek as well. I left when I was 17.

I don't care if anyone sees what I've done or not done. However, if someone asks me, I will tell them. I will not, as you are, vaguely say that I've done something and not support it.

Yes, I bet you could kill me, considering I haven't trained for war in almost 15 years. Does that make you happy? You're "big and bad" and can kill me. Wow. That REALLY matters on a planet where, except in unfortunate circumstances, death isn't fatal.

And if you've never left Rubi Ka, then you don't know what real war is.

Lex, you really need to shutup. Your not helping yourself or your side. You contradict yourself on every turn, and make more and more enemies every day.

my current agenda is weeding out the traitors that call themselves clanners.
    Guess you best be heading out. You do not fight for the Clan cause. You fight with the Sentinels then you are no true Clanner. The Clan cause is to bring democracy to Rubi-Ka. I have seen no such effort from you or your superiors.

Show me how the Sentinels have helped to bring Democracy to Rubi-Ka in any way. They ostracized themselves from the only Democracy the Clans have been able to form. They called Radiman a traitor for starting the Clans towards Peace and Democracy. The Sentinels want OmniTek and Neutral Genocide, not Peace or Democracy.

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

peace will come. I am not trying to help anyone, haven't you been watching what I have been saying? I do not sit and tell people what they want to hear to try to rally them to a cause, i do not blow smoke up their behinds to try and entice them to follow what I am doing. What I DO do is simply lay out what the sentinels want to do, what their goals are, you either follow them or don't. You tink I care if I make enemies? i have killed my share before. I am not here to make friends, i am not ehre to impress anyone. I don't need to make a speech either. You can sit and spin pretty words to the ignorant masses if you wish, those who truly want to see a strong and united clan will come my way.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast