Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: The Sentinels -Leaders of the Clans? (long)

Yes, this is an old topic. But one that has never truly been closed. I am very pleased to see clanners condemming the Sentinels.

I have no doubt it will come to armed conflict between Omni-tek forces and the Sentinels sooner or later.
    However, I hope that it will be after they have been evicted from Tir as to avoid collatoral damage to innocent clanners. And I hope that the Clans will be able to see it, not as an attack on a fellow clan, but as the removal of a cancer tumor that has tarnished your reputation and care little about the true ideals the Clans believe in.

To those that claim this is internal clan business and Omni-tek should stay out of it; Omni-tek has let the Clans govern the north for a long time now. If it is at all possible, no Omni-tek rule will be forced upon the people living there. In fact, the motivation for bringing up this subject now is to allow the Clans to deal with this issue so Omni-tek does not have to.

And by the way Cyani, it is true that it was the ICC who deregulated notum mining, thus opening up for the possibility of private organisations mining notum. However, the "tower mining technology" was pioneered by the Sentinels (though how much if it they actually developed and how much of it they simply stole is highly debateable), thus making small scale notum mining practical as opposed to simply legal
    Last edited by puddletown; Mar 19th, 2003 at 09:31:34.

Originally posted by Gestava

However, I hope that it will be after they have been evicted from Tir as to avoid collatoral damage to innocent clanners. And I hope that the Clans will be able to see it, not as an attack on a fellow clan, but as the removal of a cancer tumor that has tarnished your reputation and care little about the true ideals the Clans believe in.
    Never thought I would hear something like that come from an Omni. Not to be prejudiced, but caring for human life isnt a common trait on your side.

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

*chuckles* Well, believe it or not, most people in Omni-tek are not psychopatic murderers with a raging bloodlust.
    And while it is true that the Omni-tek corporation does not in general concern itself greatly with the preservation of life, it is smart enough to realise that killing innocent people will only create enemies needlessly. And that is in noone's interest.

As for my own personal morals..well..I try to keep them just that. Personal. I am speaking in general terms of Omni-tek here and its economical objectives on Rubi-ka.

The fact that Omni-Tek doesnt "realise that killing innocent people will only create enemies needlessly." Is part of the reason the Clans rebelled. I guess you must be speaking of some reformed mentality, other than the former in which Slaves in the mines were beaten, starved, and raped.

I do not condone all actions conducted by Omni-tek in the past. And while I agree of course that the treatment of the miners was critisizable, I would also like to point out that a lot of the atrocities was carried out not as some Omni-tek plan of suffering, but as acts of cruelty by the mining security personell (some of which who argueably should never have been hired to such jobs).

Omni-tek did change its policy towards the miners though. I am not going to try to defend the regrettable incidents that happened prior to this change. Omni-tek is run by humans. And as everyone else, even the leaders of Omni-tek can make wrong decisions.

As long as the Sentinels are not governing Tir or any other Clan city, I won't care what OmniTek does to or with the Sentinels. I merely said that if OmniTek were to invade Tir, I would defend Tir, no matter who the rulers.
    Bliqz: "anything Uwen says is a vicious and ugly lie"

Fixerben stands in awe of an Omni with a heart...

Sorry for staring. I'm so used to the cold types like Templus, Marlamin, and Bliqz.

Bliqz glares at Fixerben.

Im watching you clanner...
    Bliqz, Agent, Omni, Atlantean, "Iron Chef of Rubi-Ka"
    God is a bullet.

((The IC only RP forum is back. Bliqz is an Omni Extremist, and his posts IN THAT FORUM reflect that attitude. I can be reached by PM if you feel I have personaly offended you, and I will be happy to change/temper my post. Thank you, and have fun!))

Originally posted by Uwen
    As long as the Sentinels are not governing Tir or any other Clan city, I won't care what OmniTek does to or with the Sentinels. I merely said that if OmniTek were to invade Tir, I would defend Tir, no matter who the rulers.

I'll stand beside ya' in the thick of it... solitus or not
    -

The storms show her pain... electric coated tears that reflect her sorrow... lava boils from the heat of her

rage... we are one and the same.... She is my Rubi-Ka and I am her nanomage ....

Originally posted by BugLight

I'll stand beside ya' in the thick of it... solitus or not

And Bliqz, come on, don't let those dirty clanners get to you! Cook me up some new recipes! Now!
    Bliqz: "anything Uwen says is a vicious and ugly lie"

See what I mean...

OK, I'm highly amuzed Bliqz...

IF OT were to open negotiations with Clans who from OT would represent...accurately represent...all of the OT orgs? Hmmm?

Seems your departments and orgs are in just as much disarray as the Clans with as much control and over your own orgs as any Clan leader has over the Clans.

Pot calling the kettle black Bliqz?

Originally posted by Bliqz
    Then provide me with a difinative answer.

If OT is to even enterain the thought of negotiations, Who should we open lines of communication to?

Silverstone and his Sents are the only real power in the clans as of now...

Well...the plan I'd personally like to see is that we give the Sentinels some face-saving reassignment to...oh say...CAV. Then you OT can beat the crap out of them 'till the cows come home. I sure won't come running to their defense. Maybe they'll take some valuables with them and you can loot their dead bodies to make it worth your while. Hmm? Sound like a plan?

Originally posted by Gestava
    Yes, this is an old topic. But one that has never truly been closed. I am very pleased to see clanners condemming the Sentinels.

I have no doubt it will come to armed conflict between Omni-tek forces and the Sentinels sooner or later.

To those that claim this is internal clan business and Omni-tek should stay out of it; Omni-tek has let the Clans govern the north for a long time now. If it is at all possible, no Omni-tek rule will be forced upon the people living there. In fact, the motivation for bringing up this subject now is to allow the Clans to deal with this issue so Omni-tek does not have to.

And by the way Cyani, it is true that it was the ICC who deregulated notum mining, thus opening up for the possibility of private organisations mining notum. However, the "tower mining technology" was pioneered by the Sentinels (though how much if it they actually developed and how much of it they simply stole is highly debateable), thus making small scale notum mining practical as opposed to simply legal

Fixerben, Silverstone did not cause this war. Clans have been fighting this war since long before Silverstone was even born. The fact you claim Silverstone is to blame for this, when in fact those long since gone are to blame, even before the ICC deregulated the mining, suggests you have a personal grudge against the man.

Inhumane behavior. You did nothing when the CoT guards attacked Omnis that entered Tir. But now you verbally assault and attack the Sentinels for doing the exact same thing. How can you stand there and claim only one of those groups are inhumane? Goes to show your prejudice against the Sentinels.

In our past converstions, Fixerben, I have provided timelines and quotes which have disproved your facts every single time. Yet, you continue to spew about facts and never provide any such data to substantiate your claim, other than, "can't you see it?" Thus, those are not facts but your opinions.

Fixerben, I have nothing personal against you. And I don't dispute your dislike for Silverstone or his people. But, he is a person just like you or me. He doesn't deserve the verbal assaults you bring onto him, just as I'm sure you wouldn't appreciate verbal assaults.

Originally posted by Cemetarygate
    Inhumane behavior. You did nothing when the CoT guards attacked Omnis that entered Tir. But now you verbally assault and attack the Sentinels for doing the exact same thing. How can you stand there and claim only one of those groups are inhumane? Goes to show your prejudice against the Sentinels.
    Cem, I said it was Inhumane for the Sentinels to kill Neutrals. Omni dont belong in Tir, just like I dont belong in Omni-1. I would expect to be shot in Omni-1 just like Omni should expect to be shot in Tir. But why would you shoot a Neutral? Recently I will admit there are some Neutrals I wouldnt mind not being allowed in Tir. But that doesnt change anything. The Neutrals were our friends, and now they have been alienated by Silverstone.

And Silverstone is the biggest contributor to the Notum Wars. He stole plans for Omni technology and sells it to promote war against Omni-Tek. Do you forget that we had a cease fire. The war was stopped. And when the ICC deregulated Notum Mining, if Silverstone hadnt stolen the plans for the towers and begn to sell them we wouldnt have a conflict at the scale it is now. It would have remained isolated to the few Notum mines OT had set up in Clan territorie, instead of the hundreds of mines now raping the planet.

How can you deny that the Sentinels are the main stay of the conflict? Who makes the towers, who sells them to the Clans, who stole the technology? These are all things that Silverstone admits to doing himself. Go ask him in Tir. He will tell you he stole the plans. He gives the Clans the tools, and the Clans follow blindly. I admit that the Sentinels are not the only cause of the war. But they perpetuate it with the sale of Notum mining equipment made from stolen designs.

Please tell me what I am getting wrong here...I dont see anything that is not a factual statement.

Originally posted by Nelida
    OK, I'm highly amuzed Bliqz...

IF OT were to open negotiations with Clans who from OT would represent...accurately represent...all of the OT orgs? Hmmm?

Seems your departments and orgs are in just as much disarray as the Clans with as much control and over your own orgs as any Clan leader has over the Clans.

Pot calling the kettle black Bliqz?

Every family has its spats, but not one OT employee will deny that Philip Ross is the leader of OT-RK...

The same cannot be said about the clans...you are all so concearned with who is real clan and who isnt that when an outsider looks on the situation, the only clear conclusiuon that may be drawn is that Simon Silverstone has the most power.
    God is a bullet.

((The IC only RP forum is back. Bliqz is an Omni Extremist, and his posts IN THAT FORUM reflect that attitude. I can be reached by PM if you feel I have personaly offended you, and I will be happy to change/temper my post. Thank you, and have fun!))

Every family has its spats, but not one OT employee will deny that Philip Ross is the leader of OT-RK...
    Have you spoken with Eva Pourais lately, Bliqz?
    Emiliy Age
    Unit Leader, Foreign Relations
    Speak your heart, don't bite your tongue...

Whisper's Edge | Gridmail | Engy's Workshop | Tir School of Engineering

Bliqz on Shadowlands: "Gonna make it hard to decide who I can and cant eat."

Rumor and Speculation...

And its not so much the name as it is the office...Should Omni-Tek feel that OT-RK could be better led by annother, well, so be it.

((Thanks for the heads up Emiliy...wonder how thats gonna work into things...B))
    God is a bullet.

For all the so-called power Simon has he sure can't seem to stop me from killing his thugs whenever I have a mind to. When I can walk into Tir and calm and kill his goons at will you can hardly say he weilds much power...at least not over me and others.

Sorry, he doesn't speak for me, I have no respect for him and I'll continue to send his thugs to reclaim whenever I feel the need.

That you Omni types both admit Ross is your leader yet do whatever you wish anyway...with no repercusions from Ross...is only an indication that Ross wields as little power as Silverstone, and that you all seem to like emasculated figureheads to point to when things go wrong.

If Ross was any kind of leader he'd be working on a way to stop Omni orgs from attacking and destroying Neut and Clan bases as much as the other way around. After all, in case you haven't noticed, OT gets all the notum from EVERYONES mines. Having his own orgs destroy, or not stoping them from destroying, producing mines seems..well...rather stupid. Hords of 'loyal' OT orgs destroying mines, even though run by Clans, that ship notum to OT seems rather...well...disloyal.

I'd say offhand that you all are no better off for organization, cooperativity and leadership than the Clans are.

The same cannot be said about the clans...you are all so concearned with who is real clan and who isnt that when an outsider looks on the situation, the only clear conclusiuon that may be drawn is that Simon Silverstone has the most power.
    Last edited by Nelida; Mar 19th, 2003 at 23:11:31.

Fixerben, personally I wouldn't shoot a neutral unless fired upon first. But, what makes neutral persons different than Omni? Neither support our cause, and one might be more friend than foe. However, this is not about friendship, but politics. As stated, neither support our cause so Silverstone keeps both out of Tir.

Here's a perfect example of you incorrectly stating facts.

And Silverstone is the biggest contributor to the Notum Wars. He stole plans for Omni technology and sells it to promote war against Omni-Tek.
    More accuractly, Silverstone obtained, I'm not denying illegally, mining technology to assist clans in building and running their own mining facilities. At no point did Silverstone state, or suggest, that clans should remove neutral and/or Omni facilities by all out war. Actions taken against neutral and/or Omni facilities have been, and are being done so, by the choice of individuals and/or organizations. So, blame those individuals and/org organizations for being the "biggest contributors" to the Notum Wars that chose to fight.

Do you forget that we had a cease fire. The war was stopped.
    Fighting, and other conflicts, continued despite the cease fire, which played in part to the cease fire being removed.

How can you deny that the Sentinels are the main stay of the conflict? Who makes the towers, who sells them to the Clans, who stole the technology?
    The Sentinels do not promote, or cause, people to fight. We know this because people fought before the Sentinels were around. When the Sentinels sat quietly in Mort people fought. Now that the Sentinels stand in Tir people fight. Nice of you to try and pin this on the Sentinels, but as you can cleary see, and as I've stated, people have, and will, fight regardless.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast