Thread: Chain casting: Problem then, problem now

Chain casting: Problem then, problem now

k so I'm glad you guys fixed chain casting and all, but it's back. I get through 2 rooms of a mission and am rooted, once that root wears off I'm rooted again. I'm a doc I can stay alive for a good bit of time rooted. So how many times did they root me, you ask?

8 times. They didn't even attack me. They just sat there rooting me while their friends beat the life out of me. But it's just roots right? *BEEP* wrong. I have screens full of 3 NT's casting Compressed shockwave, particle shower, and other hellish nukes all at the same time. To say nothing of mobs healing themselves over and over again.

You fixed it once. Fix it again.

In a mission in 20k yesterday, came across 2 skilled assassins. Had the same root cast on me 3 times in 2 seconds, instead of the root cancelling and being reinitiated, the root stayed in my NCU and the mobs kept adding to it. Same program ran in my NCU 3 times simultaneously.

In the same mission, met a trader. Had siphon AC, draw AC, and divest cast on me at the same time. In the same second, they just appeared in my NCU.

Missions are frustrating enough with all the bugs already, this insta-casting makes them worse. FIX THIS PLEASE.

Ditto Dezzie

I think thats exactly the problem. The program stays in your NCU, even after the caster dies, and just keeps doing damage. Im only level 26, so Accelerated titanium pellet is the bane of my existance When it hits me once, its bad enough. But when it stays in my NCU and hits me another 3-4 times, in addition to other programs doing the same, AND the casters standing there and shooting me while im hit by their nanos that shouldn't be hitting anymore, and im in serious trouble.

Now, I like this game, but im not gonna pay to be cheated out of hours of earned xp by a stupid BS bug. Fix this, and do it fast, or you will lose even more subscribers.

I think chain casting is only one of the problems.

Another related one is that the casting by NPCs is almost INSTANTANEOUS.

I've never been rooted while pulling.. happened to me for the 1st time last nite.

Was really amazed.. it's such a short distance and I have really good run speed. Got rooted almost immediately after I saw the "attacked by" message.

Yes the chain casting problem is very bad. I think I completely missed it last time so this is the first time I've actually seen how it is. NTs are absolutely lethal if I'm not playing a character who can heal herself. Weirdest thing was though when I was lagging badly while I was being attacked by two agents - when things started moving again my NCU showed me I had pretty "interesting" set of nanos running. From top down I had 4 roots, then 4 DoTs and 4 roots again. And yes they all stayed on me until their time ran out...