Thread: PvP Rules?

PvP Rules?

Hi everyone,

I am not trying to start a debate over what's right or what's wrong. I am just trying to find out where the "official" rules of PvP are located. I surfed all over the Funcom site and I couldn't find any mention of PvP combat. I see lots of solutions to the rules here in this forum, but no mention of what the actual rules are. My reasons for asking are purely for self preservation I don't want to unwittingly zone into a 0% or 25% gas area when I am not ready for that type of engagement. I have a hard enough time still trying to figure out the PvM rules, but some good missions come up in some less savory locations and I may want to take advantage of them without having to figure out what the PvP rules are.

So...what/where are the official Funcom rules of PvP?

Thanks
    Milford "Cordale" Neblett
    Meta-Physicist Extraordinaire

Proud Member of 3305 Local
    Atlantean

There really are no 'rules' for pvp in this game...the only things that are frowned upon in pvp are the same things that can get you banned in pvm (exploits, cheating, and so on)...

so if you go into a 0% or 25% zone, be prepared to be attacked, and don't be surprised to zone into it dead if you have a slow loading computer...
    +Tekniker 142 Engineer
    +Xiaopingxu 121 Fixer
    +Stongrel 135 MA
    +Ukkonen 100 Agent
    +Pixelation 79 NT
    The Flying Frog Brigade

Maybe I misstated my question...I am more interested in the "mechanics". Can a level 170 gank my poor level 41 butt just cause he feels like it? Those are the kinds of rules I am interested in. The mechanics tha Funcom has set up for this interaction.

Thanks.
    Milford "Cordale" Neblett
    Meta-Physicist Extraordinaire

Proud Member of 3305 Local
    Atlantean

ah...ok...

basically under level 75 there is a (roughly) 1.3xlevel of the lowest level fighting range cap...so if you're level 30, you should only be able to attack (and be attacked by) people up to level 40...and the same goes in reverse...but if the person is lower level than you, you'd go off his level when doing the math, so you'd only be able to fight people down to around level 24...

now the above is to be taken with extreme emphasis on the word ROUGHLY...I don't know the exact calulation, and I don't think FC has decided to let anyone else know either...some of the math hungry posters here might have had the patience to sit down and figure out the exact numbers...but I"m not one of them

now if you're over 75, you are basically carte blanche for anyone over level 75 all the way up to level 200...and can still be attacked by people lower than 75, if you fall inside their attack range...
    +Tekniker 142 Engineer
    +Xiaopingxu 121 Fixer
    +Stongrel 135 MA
    +Ukkonen 100 Agent
    +Pixelation 79 NT
    The Flying Frog Brigade

Those may be the rules, but ATM there are a number of exploiters that are using a bug that seems to be related to rooting.

If say a level 150 was teamed with a level 10 NT, that level 10 NT could root a level 6 player, and then the 150 player could attack the level 6 player. Normally when a level 10 is teamed with a level 150 they should not be able to initiate combat, nor should the level 6 because of the level caps. The level 6 would get a message saying the target was teamed with someone too high, and the level 10 NT would get a message, you are teamed with someone too high. But ATM roots seem to skirt this rule, so when the root is cast it initiates auto attack on your side and this lets the level 150 attack you.

If you see packs of mixed level players moving around a pvp zone, just don't enter it.

I don't want to mention any names but I've seen people like GRANALITH, CAOL and NOER in teams doing this from time to time in 2ho and MMD.

omg?

I've never even done that ****
    check yo facts, ***
    Pfft!
    Rubi-Ka's FiRST Neophyte Enforcer - Holder of Spoon - Stirring the pot - Pumpkin' Pie anyone?
    >Wo "Caol" Ha - 187 ENF | >Thzunami - 97 MA | >Wo "Dioxy" Ha - 30 TRA | In memory of The Council

Jayde's Item Database - All you'll ever need - http://aodb.info

"BACK AWAY" - Pogobear / Skymarshal

Nope you did it to my ma, you little fegillia.

Originally posted by ULTRA1
    Those may be the rules, but ATM there are a number of exploiters that are using a bug that seems to be related to rooting.

If say a level 150 was teamed with a level 10 NT, that level 10 NT could root a level 6 player, and then the 150 player could attack the level 6 player. Normally when a level 10 is teamed with a level 150 they should not be able to initiate combat, nor should the level 6 because of the level caps. The level 6 would get a message saying the target was teamed with someone too high, and the level 10 NT would get a message, you are teamed with someone too high. But ATM roots seem to skirt this rule, so when the root is cast it initiates auto attack on your side and this lets the level 150 attack you.

If you see packs of mixed level players moving around a pvp zone, just don't enter it.

I don't want to mention any names but I've seen people like GRANALITH, CAOL and NOER in teams doing this from time to time in 2ho and MMD.
    Ehrm... where exactly do you get this crap from? I never teamed a lowlevel to gank lowbies - NEVER.

Only lowbies I killed after being 100+ is lowbies teaming with higher level players. I frankly don't look at what level they are before attacking.
    ~Lone

I've never entered 2ho teamed. Last 2 times I went there this is what happened, Granalith rooted my 50 ma, caol 121 enforcer attacked me, exploit, cheat.

Another time, trader rooted me, didn't get his name, you shot me, u 100+ me unteamed level 51 MA.

Where I get these FACTS are from my experience. These things happened 3 weeks to 1 month ago. Besheeba has logs of this crap.

Anyway, I didn't bother to petition anyone, I just don't go there with my lowbies anymore, and aparently not many people do.

I have also seen 100+ enforcers in MMD attack level 10 players using the same exploit.

It's sad because you guys should have enough common sense, I know you all love pvp, to realize that this kind of crap alienates tons of players from the PVP aspect of the game. This stuff happens to them 1 or 2 times they don't come back ever. I'm just much more careful now with my lowbies.

If you want me to give you more detailed proof along with the names of some of the people you were teamed with I'll do it in PM.