Thread: armed robbery

Question armed robbery

hey. i was just thinking about a certain RP option vs. other players, and i wonder if anyone else has ever thought about it. what about being a highwayman? i mean like, in the zones where you can, attacking other players and demanding that they give you credits to leave them alone. understand that i am not talking about "grief" play, but i think that would be a valid RP element...after all, it's one of the oldest professions (robin hood, etc.). i mean, if they've been a little lax about scanning and would really rather not be killed just then, they might pay you, right? let me add that i probably would not play this way myself, but i was wondering if anyone does.

"Should we apologize or fock 'em, just leave 'em pissed?"
    "Woke up this mornin' and...you got yourself a gun."

Sgt. Jeffery "Rhinocerous" Markarian
    Chief, R&D Internal Security
    Division 3 [Omni Reclamation]

We used to talk about doing that... but i don't think it would ever work. So, we went back to bandit-style killing (i.e. no whompa/grid/rez camping, just laying traps for enemies in the wild).

-D
    ===============
    First Order S.S.S.C.
    ===============

Unhappy hmmm...

that's what i'm talkin about...no camping rezzes, etc. but you don't think people would pay to be left alone? i don't really know why i'm asking...just following a train of thought to the station, i guess.

Re: hmmm...

Originally posted by The Grip
    that's what i'm talkin about...no camping rezzes, etc. but you don't think people would pay to be left alone? i don't really know why i'm asking...just following a train of thought to the station, i guess.
    People don't stop to talk when they see you. Might work if you had a few rooters with you, and made a "Pay the toll" macro...

Me, I'd just fight you to the death anyway, but I'm not as obsessed with levelling as most of your common players.

-D
    ===============
    First Order S.S.S.C.
    ===============

Not only that, death in AO isn't permanant, and it's also a game, so I really don't think they will be moved to give you a single cred I'd sure like to see that however, it would be quite interesting...
    Fatal Halcyon
    Amoth
    No guild, no longer playing until (if ever) things change for the good.

I've thought about doing that at the aces, going there and saying, each of you give me 500k I'll leave you alone for the day. Of course I'd have to run in and kill one or two to make a grand entrance, but after that, a little negotiation and I'm out of there.

You are sick people.

It would be far more fun if Crats' charms were working on players.
    Crats would be able to abduct players and ask money to return them to their guild. Mmmmhhhh...
    Last edited by Unexpected; Feb 13th, 2002 at 10:03:58.
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

Talking hehe

that's a cool idea. i know that's never going to get fixed, but i think that is exactly the sort of roleplaying that would make rubi-ka more like a real world.