Thread: "monster digestive tract" mission maps and Pet Pathing

"monster digestive tract" mission maps and Pet Pathing

I ran into one of those for the first time with my MP yesterday.

My pets refused to follow me out of the main room (up the 'tongue' and through the door).

After several minutes of running back, hitting 'follow' and walking slowly into the next room (only to see them start moving, then stop and go back to sulk in the corner), I gave up and killed them all.

=(

Side note:
    Pets sometimes seem to have problems targeting if they are on a hillside and the mob is above/below them.

If you get another one, try just running as far as you can (stopping before you encounter the first mob, obviously). I find that my one pet makes it through the mouth 3 out of every 4 times that way. If I take it slow then he almost never makes it.

Doubt that will get all three of them through, but it is worth a try.

Scorus

You mean there's something that MPs can't do in AO? :)

Creep.

Yeah.

Make their pets navigate treacherous slopes.

Remind me to take the obstacle course with my MA if I ever hav to fight an MP.

my limited experience as pet profession....

tell them to wait in the 1st room... I pull a mob, tell pet to pound it down

Yes, but the problem is that the pets will not path up the tongue. The just wander around the entry endlessly. Last night I miraculously got my Engineer bot to warp through the mouth. I was in the main room with the first mob, agroed and all. I just hugged the right wall.

And they mad short too. The last 2 i went to were 4 rooms 2 mobs and then the item. And why do i walk into the innards of a huge monster in the middle of tir?

Lightbulb You're doing it all wrong, but they should still fix it

The pet commands are misnamed. Follow pulls your pet back from attacking, but guard makes your pet follow you, even teleporting through tough spots like the one you mentioned.

Yeah that's quite annoying. I think the follow command should make them follow the exact route of the master. I've noticed that the /pet behind command is best when you want a stuck pet to warp to you.
    -War is not about who is right, it is about who is left.

- L92 MP
    - L7 Enf

I have done 4 of these and had no problems with crat bot. Must be the MP pets getting skewered on those sharp upper teeth.