Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Explosion in Borealis.

Barring genetic modification to allow Homo Nano to survive better in a non-notum environment, it would be a simple matter to end notum infusions in solitus fetus while allowing for genetic reversion to Solitus gene stock in full adults (akin to how it is still possible to transform others into Atrox, only this would be the reverse, back to Solitus).

Why anyone would view this negatively is beyond me, as it would benefit the Homo Nano individuals greatly, if it came time that there might ever be an issue with survival on Rubi-Ka. Even then, it would break the shackles that holds Homo Nano to this planet, allowing freedom of travel once more.

Attempting to argue that there is some culture or ethnicity behind the Homo Nano breed is silly. We are Solitus modified in the fetal stages to be Homo Nano. Were it not for the intervention of a doctor during my fetal cycle, I would be Solitus, as would every other Homo Nano. This lends me to support myself as being only one type of being, a Human Being, not a Homo Nano.

The only reason I can see anyone arguing to continue an essentially flawed design (the inability to leave Notum rich Rubi-Ka being the major flaw, though there are physical weaknesses) is to retain the power of our natural nano-bot control. It is powerful indeed, and many Homo Nano avail themselves of this are are Doctors, Nano-Technicians, Meta-Physicists, and Bureaucrats.

When survival is on the line, a being with any amount of enlightened self interest chooses the path of life over power. If I were forced to make the decision today... Take my chances of death on Rubi-Ka or become Solitus, I would make the choice without hesitation to return to my Solitus stock roots.

Perhaps I may not be as 'powerful' a Bureaucrat, but I know even Atroxes that have mastered the profession, so find it no great leap to assume I will not be greatly weakened in any way.

((OOC: According to the only information that is available, Nanomages are created, not given birth too. My belief is that if two nanomages couple, they will produce a Solitus.))
    Nicholas "Maxilon" Markarian
    Executive of 'The Concillium'
    Bureaucrat
    Clan Union Representative
    'Order is not oppression. Benevolent government requires a level of moral soundness and ethical fortitude that if not found should lead to the immediate dissolution, through armed struggle if needed, of said government.'

<sigh>

That is your choice Maxilon. However, there is a growing number of nanomage humans who are excising their right to be, and to remain to be, and to create more nanomage. They have every right to exist as they wish, which is as a nanomage.

Omni-Tek have created a new ethnic grouping, a new race of humans (some even go so far to say a new species, but that is not my argument). Just like, for example, the Chinese or the Caucasians were seperate races of the old H. spaiens species.

The nanomage race has the ability to create new members by using non traditional means, ie infusion of the genome with notum in vitro. We have the means and the skills to do this. However the notum mining removes a resource we require to survive and to continue our race, that is the notum. I believe we are in agreement that notum is not infinite on Rubi-Ka ((OOC - and yes Shadowlands may well alter that perception)) therefore sending notum off planet removes part of the means of nanomage propogation and reduces the life span of the race. The means of nanomage perpetuation may not be traditional but that does not make any less a valid a means of continuation of the species.

Oh yes it is possible to no longer create nanomage by not infusing genomes with notum, and it may be possible to return a nanomage back to solitus. BUT a large number of nanomage choose to live as nanomage, they choose to continue their race. To implement a program of genetic reversal and to stop creating nanomage feotuses is akin to exterminating a race of people.
    Omni-Pol intelligence report for Peregrinus Praecautus
    Known applicant of Third Faction
    Warning! Record is being accessed by an external source of unknown origin.
    Recovering file

be on your guard pilgrim
    File ends

My question.

My question was never regarding the Nanomage's right to exist.

I was referring to someone's suggestion that Omni-Tek cease 'production' of Nanomages.

If Nanomages have the means to reproduce (or 'recreate') on their own terms and of their own volition, then I question why the continued 'production' of said peoples was necessary and infact whether it was desireable or ethical.

The politics behind notum mining and its effects on the breed are topics for an entirely seperate discussion.

Here is a major lack of foresight on OmniTek's part:

Creating a race dependent on the very thing they intend to strip the planet of.

Guess we can add that to repressing miners, having idiots as Public Relations officials, and creating the mutants, among the countless other things.
    Bliqz: "anything Uwen says is a vicious and ugly lie"

OOC
    ((
    Homo Solitus is the only breed of homosapien left after the "long winter" endured on earth due to massive destructive events. Upon arrival to Rubi-ka Genome experiments began to produce species for the planet, including Sentient species for labor or natural order on the planet.

Lets follow the time line...
    Timeline Page 4
    Year: 28727

The first Homo Atrox is born. This gene-modified human breed is designed specifically for work in the notum mines. It is incapable of reproduction.
    750 years from present time the first "sucessful" Genome experiment produced a Sentient species of lil'intelligence and much brute strength.

This speicies is Homo Atrox, a mule. (Not that it does not say that they have no gender, simply unable to reproduce) This species is dependant on outside production to continue to exsist.

The next breed is...
    Timeline Page 5
    Year: 28766

The Homo Opifex is born; this breed is more adaptable than the Atrox, but lacking that breed's muscle density. The Opifex is capable of reproduction.
    711 years from present time, Homo Opifex is produced. A reproducing agile species. Produced most likely as an off shoot of another Genome experiment the created beings are released into the wild, or employed within Omni-Tek.

Note both male and female genders. However as this is a seperate genetic structure than Homo Solitus, inner breedings is most likely not possible.

Timeline Page 7
    Year: 28973

The first Homo Nano is born in an Omni-Tek laboratory. The inclusion of trace notum into the DNA sequencing of Nano foetuses means that this breed is able to live only on Rubi-Ka.
    With there being a difference of say... 504 years between the first Homo Nano produced in a lab and now, I would say that they are no longer only lab produced. Reason is we have both male and female genders.

The argument of a fetus needing an outside source Notum injected into its DNA is already covered. A female NanoMage needs notum to live, it is part of her DNA, as such it would pass to her offspring directly resulting in a NanoMage offspring.

Each breed of Homosapien present on Rubi-ka is a genetic variant a seperate species from the other. Inner breeding is most likely not possible as the genetics don't co-inside with each other enough.

The reason I believe this is that People that have sex with animals don't produce offspring. They are different species, as are each of the different Homo Species on Rubi-ka.

I don't think that any of the Breeds are just a slightly altered Homo Solitus Genome, it is an entirely difference genetic structure altogether.))
    Graduate of the Elite Academy

Viray's Yalm Cleaning Services

Viray's Taxi Co.

The moral highground was levelled the very day the first player landed in a backyard, saw a cute leet and said "I wonder what it drops?"

- Savoy

ooc: Viray you think way too much about reproduction. You must be a teenager

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

OCC:
    (( Nah not a teenager, but really anytime a Man can get practice he usually jumps on it. ))
    Graduate of the Elite Academy

Viray's Yalm Cleaning Services

Viray's Taxi Co.

The moral highground was levelled the very day the first player landed in a backyard, saw a cute leet and said "I wonder what it drops?"

- Savoy

Originally posted by Viray
    OCC:
    (( he usually jumps on it. ))
    ((/me tries to restrain comment))
    Bliqz: "anything Uwen says is a vicious and ugly lie"

Originally posted by Fixerben
    ooc: Viray you think way too much about reproduction. You must be a teenager
    ((hehehehehe he said reproduction hehehehehe))
    Omni-Pol intelligence report for Peregrinus Praecautus
    Known applicant of Third Faction
    Warning! Record is being accessed by an external source of unknown origin.
    Recovering file

be on your guard pilgrim
    File ends

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123