Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Explosion in Borealis.

Explosion in Borealis.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    PUBLIC BAND TRANSMISSION
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is Cyrus Stritzke Freelance Reporter for ONN reporting live from Borealis.

We have footage here from a local security camera within Borealis showing a damage transport craft.

The story seems to be a Desert Winds General planted a bomb on the cargo carrier of the newly formed Omni-Mining bound for delivery to a group of Neutral Organizations within Borealis.

We have word that Omni-Mining took custody of General Trisagiona for the crime and have already released her, we will be looking forward to future information from her as she becomes available...

When I spoke with Swiftmind Director of Omni-Mining she said she would approach appropiate authorities and let them decide that to do with the incident. More on that as we process her other statments and information available.

Please stay tuned to ONN as we will bring you the fully story as it unfolds.

This is Cyrus Stritzke signing off...

END PUBLIC BAND TRANSMISSION

(( We have more news, but this blurb is needed now ))
    Graduate of the Elite Academy

Viray's Yalm Cleaning Services

Viray's Taxi Co.

The moral highground was levelled the very day the first player landed in a backyard, saw a cute leet and said "I wonder what it drops?"

- Savoy

/me finally is able to grid again

/me reads the news post with a smile reaching from one ear to the next

/me is impressed

Just like I predicted. The man has the talent

/me taps his fist twice to the center of his chest
    "Jon Grim,Omega News Network, mind if I ask you a few questions?"

"....I dont usually give my comm number out on the first date, Ms. Thorn.......but you did dig that bullet out of my shoulder."

Chris read the newsflash and opened up a comm with Mr. Grim to leave a message:

"Hello, this is Christopher MacGreggor. If you're looking for eyewitnesses, I was there as well as a couple others I know. Give me a shout when you get this."
    Bliqz: "anything Uwen says is a vicious and ugly lie"

Official statement from Major McCovery
    Leader of Desert Winds

Let this be a leason to all miners, we will not stand idly by while groups try to destroy our home. We warned we would oppose this move to supply mining equipment. Desert Winds and other BORPAC members will stop the mining on Rubi-Ka.
    Omni-Pol intelligence report for Peregrinus Praecautus
    Known applicant of Third Faction
    Warning! Record is being accessed by an external source of unknown origin.
    Recovering file

be on your guard pilgrim
    File ends

Originally posted by Dr Tiny
    Let this be a leason to all miners, we will not stand idly by while groups try to destroy our home. We warned we would oppose this move to supply mining equipment. Desert Winds and other BORPAC members will stop the mining on Rubi-Ka.
    Won't stand by and watch others destroy your home, but you'll take the necessary steps yourself to comit destruction of the nearby homes, equipment and people. The irony.

By Home, we mean the planet itself. You can easily rebuild a building, or even do without it if need be. Rebuilding and repairing the planet is a tad more difficult.
    People, I am sure everyone harmed by thjis had recent enough insurance...
    Destroying equipment..well..golly...I sure hope the general wrecked some mining equipment, that was kinda the idea behind it.

Rapers of the planet beware, you never know when the fury of the Sirroco wil decend on your heads..
    "They have some pretty wierd things in Tir"
    "Yeah, they're called clanners"

Ask any fixer, any real fixer. It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile; winning's winning.

Originally posted by Cemetarygate

Won't stand by and watch others destroy your home, but you'll take the necessary steps yourself to comit destruction of the nearby homes, equipment and people. The irony.

Now how did it go.......

There was something about eggs, and omelette....

Ah well, I'm sure it will come back to me...

Garret "Necc" Scheer press officer of Desert Winds (MSAS)

Karma, the world's true equalizer.

Free Rubi-Ka!

The only thing your general accomplished was bring your so called “side” into more trouble. You accuse miners of destroying your homes, yet your actions could have done the same. If the security personnel didn’t act as quickly and the armor of the transport wasn’t as strong, that section of Borealis may be gone today. Your actions are not just criminal actions but a danger to all. A danger not just to Omni or the clans, but to the neutrals, ones you used to call friends. Your mission was in vain, your so called target, the cargo, was hardly damaged. All you did was show that you could care less about your surroundings.

Security will be increase. Shipments will continue. I will not be kind and pardon again. Your terrorism will not stop Omni-Tek.

Disruption of destruction is not violence........

It's self defence!!!
    Amado "Ramiyana" Kuiper
    President of |REBEGIN|Strength, Purity, Vision

Co-Founder of The Nanomage Liberation Front

This is horrible. Absolute Anarchy on Rubi-Ka. Neutrals killing Neutrals, Omni killing Omni, Clan killing Clan. Worse and worse every day. Internal enemies in each side. It seems to me some lines need to be drawn to clear up some confusion.

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

A line has been drawn Fixerben. It's the friends of Rubi-Ka and then there's the enemies of Rubi-Ka.

Those who seek to use her for their own profit, their own greed will be dealt with harshly. Those who want to work to stabilize her, to help her grow into a beautiful planet will be greeted with open arms in friendship as we fight for the same cause.
    President Anisha "Trisagiona" Kenley of the Desert Winds

"Here is the price of freedom:
    Your every drop of courage,
    ounce of pain, pint of blood.
    Paid in advance."

I am appalled to hear such disturbing news. Destroy mining towers is fine and justisfied, putting lives of innocent Rubi-Ka residents in danger is not. If a message needs to be sent to the mining company, seek means to do so without endangering innocent bystanders.

Regardless, what's done is done and we must seek to control our emotions to remedy the situation. Borealis is one of the few cities nowadays where members of all sides can peacefully meet. We don't need any more disruptions to this fair city.
    Joseph "Votary" Zodiac - RK1 Clan Atrox MP
    I can summon pies (now mochams infused!)

"Holy Mocham!" - Votary

Originally posted by Trisagiona
    A line has been drawn Fixerben. It's the friends of Rubi-Ka and then there's the enemies of Rubi-Ka.

Those who seek to use her for their own profit, their own greed will be dealt with harshly. Those who want to work to stabilize her, to help her grow into a beautiful planet will be greeted with open arms in friendship as we fight for the same cause.
    Make her into a beuatiful planet? It's a baren, uninhabitable ROCK! Any terra forming you do HURTS Rubi-ka's natural state. Your goal should be to destroy the bio-sphere...and everything man-made to return it to it's natural state....oh, and that means dead nano-mages too...since they can't live anywhere else. They are not part of Rubi-ka's natural state so they deserve to die too. Greedy nanomages...sucking up notum just to live. How dare they steal from the planet!?

Obviously that is stupid but I'm surprised you haven't worked that into your twisted philosopies yet.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

Dr Tiny

You should tell that to Clan Gaia ((i think thats the one)) Vix. What Desert Winds promote is the future of Rubi-Ka as a place for people to live where an, albeit, artifical biosphere works and sustains us all.
    Omni-Pol intelligence report for Peregrinus Praecautus
    Known applicant of Third Faction
    Warning! Record is being accessed by an external source of unknown origin.
    Recovering file

be on your guard pilgrim
    File ends

Oh...I forgot to mention....I applaud any attacks these BORPACT folks make on Omni mining interests or militia.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

Woah! I just headed there and it is messed up. Borealias is destroyed, well atleast the buildings are ruined but we now need to work togethor and rebuild Borealias. Mr. Ross is giving 6 million to work on it.
    Characters on Atlantean
    Main Character: Ardoyt Former Rubi-Ka Citizen and Former Omni-Admin Employee
    Characters on Rimor
    Deleted
    Anarchy Online Related Stuff
    Former AO Stratics News and "The Community Says" Reporter
    The Death of Ardoyt

Originally posted by Fixerben
    This is horrible. Absolute Anarchy on Rubi-Ka. Neutrals killing Neutrals, Omni killing Omni, Clan killing Clan. Worse and worse every day. Internal enemies in each side. It seems to me some lines need to be drawn to clear up some confusion.

Ben,

There's even anarchy online here on the Gridstream...

((OOC: sorry, couldn't resist the pun))

Trisagiona is right, there is a line being drawn. Between the rational and irrational, between the sane and insane, between normal decent people and BORPAC.

BORPAC must be stopped before they do go to far. They must be nipped in the bud before this can get worse. I would even fight alongside Omni-Tek to destroy these self-righteous eco-terrorist bastards.

I do not look forward to the day that they do get the bright idea to start hitting terraforming plants, for that would kill even their precious nematodes.
    Nicholas "Maxilon" Markarian
    Executive of 'The Concillium'
    Bureaucrat
    Clan Union Representative
    'Order is not oppression. Benevolent government requires a level of moral soundness and ethical fortitude that if not found should lead to the immediate dissolution, through armed struggle if needed, of said government.'

Blowing things up within a city is inexcusable. You endangered the lives of many innocent people. I don't care if it's Omni, Clan or Neutral.

There's plenty of desert to do your fighting in. If you have to attack transports why not do it when they are not in a populated area at least.

The ICC was nuts in opening up mining to everyone. All that has done is increased the greed of people.
    Anastasia "Aniee" Cervenak
    Martial Artist

Man is the only animal that blushes, or needs to. -------Mark Twain

Originally posted by Serraglio
    People, I am sure everyone harmed by thjis had recent enough insurance...
    Is that what you tell yourself at night so you can sleep better?

What about the people on the way to update their insurance?

Originally posted by Serraglio
    Destroying equipment..well..golly...I sure hope the general wrecked some mining equipment, that was kinda the idea behind it.
    Including the nearby Whom-Pah?

Originally posted by Garret 'Necc' Scheer
    There was something about eggs, and omelette....
    So very kind of you to compare the lives of innocent people to the process in which food is preparred. Your heart is as cold as your agenda.

SOme seem to think that we should not attack a transport near or in a populated area.. I disagree somewhat. If we did not do this, companies like omni-mining and others would simply have their supplies come by dropship to drop straight into the cities every time, hence making them invulnerable to attack.
    NOw you KNOW that we will attack you in any place. So if from now on you let your transports go through population centers YOU are the ones putting people at risk. This is war, in wartime, people get hurt, a sad but true fact.

Is that what you tell yourself at night so you can sleep better?

What about the people on the way to update their insurance?
    I sleep quite well at night actually. I do not use false justification of my actions to myself to calm my conscienceness, I never have, never will, never needed.
    Updating their insurance? Well, updating implies that they had one in the first place, hence they too are safe, a litlte worse ofr wear than others maybe, but still quite safe.

Including the nearby Whom-Pah?
    The Whom-Pah are a vital and integral part of the transport system on Rubi-Ka, this means a few things, first of all, the armor and abuse they can withstand is quite big (Just look at their design,it screams armor.) Also, because of such importance they will be repaired as fast as possible. Also there is a grid terminal in Borealis, meaning that few people are really inconvenienced by this, and those that are, only for a limited time, a reasonable price to pay for the good of the planet I think.

So very kind of you to compare the lives of innocent people to the process in which food is preparred. Your heart is as cold as your agenda.
    Our agenda cold? We are not the ones trying to destroy this planet. I would say that if anyone's agenda is cold, it is that of the miners..
    "They have some pretty wierd things in Tir"
    "Yeah, they're called clanners"

Ask any fixer, any real fixer. It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile; winning's winning.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast