Thread: Concerned

Concerned

Cathryn couldn't sleep. Her mind was racing. Partially going over the details she needed to clear off before her trip in the morning, but mostly going over the events at Reet's that night. Uwen was ill. Terribly ill from what she could see. Yet he refused to admit it and refused any offer of assistance. He was "fine" he stated repeatedly. Yet those coughs told her he was anything but fine. But the icing on the cake was when he tried to prove himself by going back out on the dance floor. He hadn't been out there 2 minutes before he coughed up blood. His only excuse was that he was tired. Cathryn may not be a doctor but she sure knew that coughing up blood was far from fine.

She tossed and turned as she debated on what to do. She really only knew Uwen through parties and such. So it probably wasn't her place to do anything. Yet, she couldn't just ignore him. She couldn't just let it go. Still, who to tell? She thought she might talk to Jynne, her friend and one of the best damn doctors on Rubi-ka. But she quickly pushed that idea asside. If Uwen wouldn't even admit he was ill, there was precious little a doctor could do for him.

She rolled over again and tried to force the images from her mind. Tomorrow was a big day. She needed her rest. Uwen wasn't her concern. He said he was fine and for now she would simply have to trust that he was telling the truth.

Still the lingering doubts threatened her rest a bit longer. What if he's not telling the truth? What if she went on her trip the next morning and returned to find that Uwen was gravely ill? What if she did nothing to help him when she could and returned to find its too late? But she cast these doubts aside, again admonishing herself that Uwen was not her concern. He's an adult male who simply either doesn't like to admit he's sick out of pride or was playing on her sympathies with the "I'm fine, cough-cough" routine.

Enough. Tomorrow she was leaving Rubika to meet with friends, some of whom she hadn't seen in a year, for a yearly celebration. She looked forward to this all year long. She wasn't going to let one person's illness ruin it for her.

She rolled over again and closed her eyes. The last thing she saw before drifting into a fitful sleep was the image of the coughed up blood on the glass dance floor at Reets.
    Cathryn "Vallikat" Thompon

Your queen of muffiny goodness!
    Director - Gridstream Productions --->Tune In Here

Member, GSP Dancers

Gunney: Lissunin ta GSP mayukz me wanna play... wut bettah reezun duz enee wun need?

The evening had started out fine, no problems. Well, other than the fact that Randa culdn't come as well, but that couldn't be helped. On his way he broke out a pack of Nano-Deths, popped one in, and lit it. He chuckled to himself Poor little Emmi thinks these things are bad for me. He pulled into the whompa and saw Braedon there. Apparently, the whompa was malfunctioning so they chatted a little bit waiting for it to come back up. Unimportant stuff, the weather, apartment costs, business at The Cup. And finally the whompa righted itself and they were off and into Reets for another night of partying.

An hour or two and many drinks later...

Chris sighed playfully:
    "Ah so I'm Tarryk's bitch now?"

Tarryk grinned:
    "That's right! Uwen is now officially my bitch!"

"Oh well... yet another master"

That interaction got a rise out of the crowd. Chris smiled. Braedon was talking with some Vashti girl.

Interesting, same last name as Sezzie... didn't know it was common...

He tried to have a little fun with the questioning but Braedon's repeated glares and eventually a forceful kick stopped that.

Leets get no respect! Ah well, I guess I deserved that...

They walked off to talk and Chris went back to staring at the dancing crowd, occasionally going out for a thrash or throwing out a joke.

Is it getting hot in here? Maybe just all the people...

Then an annoying little cough started up and it got stuffy in the room.

A smoke break would be nice.

He got up, hacking and coughing, and slowly walked out. Little Emmi followed him.

"Hey Uwie, you ok?"

Chris smiled.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just going for a quick smoke break."

She frowned.

"You shouldn't smoke, its bad."

He laughed.

"You're givin' me advice? This is a new one."

She didn't laugh.

"You should take advice, especially from people who aren't coughin' like you!"

"Yeah, yeah."

She went back to the party and he continued out to the roof. Once there, he pulled out another cigarette, put it in his mouth, and lit it. He looked at the night sky and put his hands in his pockets.

Wow... it sure is nice out here, little windy, but nice.

He kicked a little rock off the edge. He looked down at his outift. It was his old Colonial Militia uniform.

I still have this thing on?

He thought back to that night. Randa was asleep. He'd talked to Em about some of his innermost demons. He'd never been open about them and didn't know why he had started now. That night he kept seeing their eyes...

He snapped out of it and took a final drag on his cigarette and flicked it away. He slowly walked back to the party, opening up a bottle of Scottish Federation Whiskey, the kind that actually intoxicates you. As he was walking back, he got weaker and weaker. He finally got up to the glass dance floor where the party was and he rested with his back against the wall. It was all of sudden rather hot and he began sweating a little. The room wasn't exactly spinning, but it wasn't staying still either. He coughed more often than before and all of a sudden collapsed against the wall. He didn't try to get up immediately, rather he waited there, resting. He fnally had enough strength to get back up and make his way to the couch, though that was only long enough so he could recuperate enough to walk downstairs. Lovelace saw him and followed him down to the fireplace. He collapsed into a chair and hoped that getting away from teh party would ease his newly acquired headache.

Lovelace looked concerned.

"You ok Uwen?"

"Yeah, I'm... I'm fine, its...uh.... its nothing."

He smiled weakly.

"Are you sure? You don't look so hot."

He smiled again.

"Yeah... yeah, I'll be... okay. Just a little tired's all."

"Hmmmm."

She sat down in the chair next to him to keep an eye on him apparently.

Well that was nice of her, but she's just worrying

"Ok, well I told a friend to keep an eye on you, I'll be back later."

He smiled again.

"You don't have to, but thanks."

She left and he slowly tried to make his way back to the party. He went into leet morph as it was closer to the ground and easier to stay standing. He made his way to the top and rested on the couch. He demorphed as Sezmra arrived and weakly waved to her. It was more comfortable in leet, so he changed back.

He tried to keep the party sparkled, but he had to stand up to do it, which wasn't easy. Vallikat was obviously getting worried. He didn't look too good and he was coughing often. He assured her he was fine. She wasn't exactly convinced, but she went back to dancing. Then he tried to get out on the floor and dance a little which ended in a violent cough and a bit of blood coming up. He admitted he should probably go lie down, but insisted that he was fine. She was definitely not convinced now, after he had coughed up blood. He tried to say that he was merely tired, but she retorted that coughing up blood isn't a sign of being tired, even for little leets. She offered him a bit of her muffin and he happily nibbled. He was getting increasingly dizzy, but he tried to maintain his composure. He tried to stifle his coughs or pretend he was clearing his throat, but she didn't seem like she was buying it. He told her he was fine and that, at most, it was a little cold. Other than that, he would be fine. She was concerned and, though he managed to convince her to go back to partying and having a good time, she told him not to do sparkles anymore as it was obviously putting a strain on him. Then she got tired and went to sleep on the couch, worried to the last. He thought it was kind of silly how she was worrying about him, though the thought was nice.

About an hour later...

Once again, he began coughing violently and left Reets, this time for the night. He mumbled a goodbye and stumbled out. Randa was waiting at the flat, but he didn't make it that far.
    Bliqz: "anything Uwen says is a vicious and ugly lie"

Cathryn returned from her trip a little tired but none the worse for wear. All in all it had been a great time. Still, many of her friends had noticed she'd seemed a little preoccupied. She tried to brush them off and after everyone had a few drinks it was largely forgotten.

She'd decided that it was best to remain forgotten. At least by her. Looking back on it now her concern seemed silly even to herself. Uwen said he was tired and that it was probably a cold at worst. Who was she not to believe him? She barely knew the guy.

She did notice his absense at the wedding of Jynne and Szentasha, but she opted not to say a word. Though she did have the opportunity that day to speak to some who knew him better than herself, she felt it better to just keep her mouth shut. Uwen had plenty of other friends out there to take care of him. Surely he was in good hands.

Cathryn forgot all about Uwen as she dressed in her best green and got ready to celebrate the old Earth holiday of St. Patrick's Day. She'd worked out a new dance routine especially for the occasion and she planned on performing all day long at ICC. This was a day to have fun. "No worries for this bonny lass," she thought to herself as finished getting ready.

Member, GSP Dancers

Gunney: Lissunin ta GSP mayukz me wanna play... wut bettah reezun duz enee wun need?

Viray sat leaning against his stereo as it blared GSP out into the physical world that made up his apartment...

A soft sound was working its way into the hard metal streaming from the stereo. Slowly Viray opened his eyes and tapped his comm... "Interesting, finally a report from Med-Staff onboard the Morning Star..." It had been about two weeks since he had sent samples from the villager that died in Borealis Backyard 4...

Viray's eyes widen as he scrolled through the attached file...

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    From: Gabbin Levi Direcotr of Morning Star Omni-Med Staff
    To: neut16121479 "Viray Stritzke"
    Subject: Borealis Pathogen

At this time testing via modern methods of nano inspection and pathogen location have failed.

Historical Methods were resurrected and used, the obtain pathogen is located below. This is one nasty bug, and I for one am glad not to be native Rubi-kan as this seems to only effect those that have obtain high levels of trace notum from being on the planet a prolonged amount of time.

Should level become epidemic, I will have to contact Omni-Med facilities whom will surely notify the Omni-Tek Corporation... This could be bad Viray... very bad...

Sincerely,
    Gabin Levi

Techincal Details on: Borealis Pathogen

Biological Makeup: Unknown
    Mechanical Makeup: Unknown

Celluar Structure: Phasic

Threat Level: Pathogen 5 - Fatal Threat

Description:
    The Pathogen resides in throughout the soft tissues of the Host notably the muscles, internal digestive organs, and the brain.

Any amount of Notum energy is immediately consumed and used to produce heat. It is the heat that is produced that proves fatal to the Host.

Pathogen is non-contagious until death of the current Carrier, upon death the Phasic cells leave and settle into nearby living organisms that contain soft tissue most commonly mammals and other non-plant life.

The usage of Notum energies as well as any utilities that "phase" the body from one state to another seem to excellerate the condition. Trace Amounts of Notum are also slowly consumed until fatal heat levels are reached.

This Pathogen seems through testing to be extremely lethal to Homo Nano breeds and there Notum laced DNA structure.

Fatality of this Pathogen results in several possible scenarios:
    1. Unable to reclaim due to the lack of immediate trace Notum
    2. Reclaim with possible mutations due to reduce Notum levels
    3. Permanent Death

Treatments & Known Pathogen Destoryers:
    Pathogen expires within 15 minutes of being outside Host environment.

Pathogen also responds to reduced temperatures and seems to expire in condition below absolute zero for a period of 24 hours. This could be used as treatment of a Host, but may have fatal or damaging results.

If Host is ecountered advised method is to contain said Host within a phasic field until expiration thereby destorying the pathogen and preventing further contamination.

Viray racked his brain to remember the situation, those present, who came after how long after did people show up...

"It was just me... just me and Aazamon in the backyard when the villager died... just me and Aazamon... no wait... me, Aazamon and... and... Uwen. Uwen." Viray thought sadly. A frowl crossing his brow... "Uwen said he wasn't feeling well... but certainly... no couldn't be this... I haven't felt ill... Aazamon hasn't felt ill... surely we would be... wait..." Viray tries to remember very clearly whether his harmonic field was active before or after the villager died... "Maybe thats why I am not ill... and Aazamon was standing next to me the entire time maybe within my field..." Viray finished his thought with a sigh....

Picking up his comm he type a message to Uwen...
    We need to talk. I got some results back from my Omni-Med friend, and well... we need to talk.

Viray sighed loudly as he turned off his stereo and started on his way out of his apartment... "Has to be something that can be done..."
    Last edited by Viray; Mar 18th, 2003 at 16:36:09.
    Graduate of the Elite Academy

Viray's Yalm Cleaning Services

Viray's Taxi Co.

The moral highground was levelled the very day the first player landed in a backyard, saw a cute leet and said "I wonder what it drops?"

- Savoy

Chris stumbled into the Borealis whompa, very dizzy and very hot.

Damn cold...

He walked around, dizzy and disoriented, until he found her apartment. He buzzed the door and tried to compose himself, but the "cold" took over. He his eyes rolled back and he passed out. He woke up some time later in her bed with her leaning over him, apparently checking his temperature. He looked around, temporarily forgetting where he was or how he got there. Then he looked up at her and remembered it was. She looked down at him:

"You're burnin' up. What's wrong with you?"

"Its a cold."

He started coughing violently. She frowned.

"That doesn't sound like any cold I've ever heard."

He smiled.

"No worries, I'm fine. I just need a little rest and some cold medicine."

"Yer fine eh? So thats why you collapsed at my door?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. I've just had a couple drinks is all."

She frowned and examined his eyes.

"You've done a little more than have a couple drinks..."

"Ok, so I smoked a little, so what?"

She shook her head.

"No, you did more than smoking too... Tell me th' truth, how many?"

He sighed.

"Just two and just to start my day off. Was feelin' tired."

"Two for how many days?"

"Three."

She sighed.

"I told you the last time, those damn stims are bad for you. Even worse than your smokin' and drinkin' combined."

"I wasna plannin' on doin' 'em for long, just had a bit o' a problem a week or so ago and need'd an extra boost to star' th' day."

"Uh huh..."

"Ok, whatev'r. Yer nae me mum and yer nae me dad. I can take care o' myself."

She sat back on the bedside table.

"So why'd you come here if you can take care o' yerself so well eh?"

He tried to get up but was too tired.

"Fine then, I'll go. I'm sorry I came."

"Nae, I didna want ya to go, I'm just angry at yer bullheadedness."

He laughed weakly.

"I have nae heard tha' in some time."

"Ok, well I'll examine ya in a minute, need to change."

"Nae."

"Nae what?"

"Yeh'll nae examine me, I'm fine. Just a cold like I said. I just need a little rest an' some cold medicine."

She sighed.

"Well, I canna exmaine ya if I dunna ha'e yer cooperation."

He grinned.

"Aye, tha's right."

She rolled her eyes.

"I'll be on tha couch. Call if ya need somethin'."

"Nae, nae, I dunna want ta take yer bed."

He tried to get up again but fell back. She smiled.

"No worries, just don't expect it again tomorrow."

He grinned and laid his head back, falling asleep quickly. She sat down on the chair next to the bed and thought.

Why did he come here? Hell, we haven't spoken in, what, 5 years? And ever since he'd quit the coporation for good they'd grown even further apart. She briefly contemplated calling his brothers. They'd been looking for him. But she decided against it. She didn't want him to go through Reform again. And of course she still hated his oldest brother for what he did to her, the cheating bastard. No, she'd let him sleep undisturbed. In the morning, if he could walk, he'd leave no matter what she did. Funny though. There are surely many clanside doctors he could have gone to, but he came to her. Maybe he was delirious? Or maybe he still trusted her? Or maybe both? Ah well... enough thinking, it's time for bed.

The next morning, she woke up and he was gone with a little thank you note left on the bed. She sighed.

Thats just like him...

Cathryn walked home from The Cup that night feeling relieved about Uwen. Of course she now had other things to concern herself with, but for the first time in a few days Uwen wasn't one of them.

She'd been at The Cup having a discussion with Vixentrox, his guild leader, while Uwen was also there discussing a few things with Emiliy. When Cathryn preparred to leave she'd stopped to ask Uwen if he'd gotten his cough taken care of. No sooner had the words come out of her mouth than a similar, but more forceful, sentiment came from Vixentrox. She may have suggested he see a doctor, but now she was ordering him to do so.

He argued a bit with her, but she wasn't having it. In the end she'd asked Cathryn to contact Jynne and ask her to examine him. Cathryn was all too happy to do so. She may have felt it wasn't her place before, but at Vix's request she couldn't refuse. Finally the right thing would be done.

Jynne was unable to help him right at that moment but she assured her that she'd examine him at her earliest convenience. Cathryn sent word to Vix and then head off to bed. But alas, though she was confident this matter with Uwen would be handled properly, she would not sleep soundly again that night. She had other things on her mind. The strange story of a man named Kopernikus.

Member, GSP Dancers

He walked into The Cup and saw Vix, Valli, and Emmi speaking with an Opifex he wasn't acquainted with. He quietly took a seat on the couch to rest. Emmi walked over to him and sat down.

"Problem?"

He looked at her and grinned.

"Hiyas Emmi."

"Hiya. Problem."

"What problem?"

They started speaking about Viray's proposed halt of notum mining. She didn't think there was a way to stop the towers from mining without destroying them.

"There's always an "off" switch, we just have to find it." was his response.

He started feeling hot and pulled out the quick fix pack Apokalypse had given him. He injected the two recharging stims, took the virus cleanser, and used the purging device. It made him feel a little better, but it was still too hot. He contemplated getting up to turn down the thermostat, but in the space of a few seconds he went from talking with Emiliy and thinking about the heat to be accosted from three different directions with commands and orders and worriers. He chuckled resignedly, wondering how it came to be that he no longer ran his own life. He listened to them discuss what he should do, who he should see, and when. He tried to explain to them that Jynne was far too busy to bother over a little cold, but they would have none of that. He wasn't fooling anyone.

Eventually, Valli and Vix left, leaving only Emmi and him. He messed about with his comm for a couple minutes and looked up at Emmi.

"Emmi, if you'll excuse me, I have a doctor's appointment to go to."

And left before she could say a word, turning off his comm in the process. He hoppped in his Yalmaha and into the grid, exiting at Borealis. He jetted towards the whompas where the doctor, Medimeg, and his good friend Viray were waiting. After the "hello" pleasantries, they got down to business. They decided he would be examined in Viray's apartment in Newland. Viray offered a beacon warp, but Chris just grinned and assured him he could make it through.

Once inside Viray's apartment, Medimeg, or Mrs. Suitt, began examining him. She smiled less and less and looked more and more worried as the examination went on. He had all the symptoms, stomach pain, coughing, high fever, occasional delirium. He tried to maintain it was merely a cold, but eventually he gave in and explained, with a thin lipped smile:

"I knew from the moment I coughed up blood in Reets it wasn't some cold. I did know, however, that if it is the Borealis Pathogen, there's not a damn thing I can do about it so far as I know and there is no reason to make people worried or feel "sorry" for me. I'm under the impression there's no cure, so I figured trying to take it on alone would do just as much good as with help, id est near nil. Looks like I haven't done a convincing job of passing it off as a cold, haven't fooled one damn person."

They spoke briefly about possibly submitting him to OmniTek who could use a large amount of resources to save him, but he ended that discussion.

"I think its infinitely more likely that they will quarantine me, let me die, and isolat ethe pathogen for their own use. No reason to save some damn dirty clanner."

He grinned.

She smiled slightly. Viray entered the room with a proposal. An experimental theory he had been working on. The pathogen was phasic, correct? So all they had to do was create an environment that would seperate the host from the pathogen and in the hostile environment outside the host body, the pathogen would be neutralised within 15 minutes. Chris smiled and asked for the straight explanation. Viray smiled thinly.

"Basically, we place you in an environment where we can run millions of volts of electricity through you, hopefully phasing out the pathogen before termination."

Chris smiled at the word "termination." Viray was using euphemisms to make it sound less painful.

"Risks?"

"There are three outcomes. One, you reclaim fine, no problem. Two, you reclaim with some complications. Three, you don't reclaim."

Chris grinned.

"Complications eh? So thats what they call those now."

Viray smiled slightly.

"I'm trying not to say anything that would jinxed the operation."

Chris nodded.

"So... what's the estimated percent of sucess? And I want the straight answer, no cushioning."

"Do I have to?"

Chris nodded.

"There is a roughly 30% estimated chance of you reclaiming without mutation and be just fine."

Chris smiled bitterly. Viray continued.

"There is a 20% estimated chance that you will die and not come back. There is a 50% chance you will reclaim and come back with a horrible mutation, possibly life threatening or debilatating."

Mrs. Suitt interjected.

"But without the treatment, the chance of permanent death approach certainty."

Chris grinned again.

"I don't believe in certainty."

Viray chuckled sadly.

"My friend Chris, the gambling man."

Chris smiled.

"To the end, unless my luck holds up."

The plans were worked out. They would go to the Borealis dish. Viray could take power out of the Borealis city power grid and jack it straight into Rustbucket, the conducing robot, and then into Chris.

"5 minutes and I'll have it ready."

Mrs. Suitt would wait by Chris' reclaim terminal.

"Where is your reclaim terminal? Do you remember?"

He shook his head.

"I think its in West Athen."

She set off for West Athen, their best guess. Viray set off to arrange the treatment. Chris stayed behind for the moment.

"While you two are getting set up, I'll just say some goodbyes, you know, just in case."

He tried to look confident, like nothing was worrying or bothering him. No reason to get them upset. he thought. He left long messages on Randa's and Emiliy's comms, both turned off. He had planned on doing many more goodbyes, but there wasn't enough time before the operation was set up and ready to go. He left for the dish when Mrs. Suitt said she was in place and Viray said he was ready. When he got to the grid, Viray looked him in the eye.

"I'm not saying goodbye. I'll say hello again when you get back."

Chris nodded.

"Aye, likewise.

He didn't think he sounded very convincing, but it would have to do. Viray powered up RustBucket and plugged the city power grid into him.

"Go down to the bottom of the dish, as close to the antenna as possible and it will conduct the most electricity."

They had chosen the dish so that the pathogen would be in the bottom, unaffected by the wind, and be neutralised before it could spread. Chris walked down to the center of the dish and sat down. He said simply:

"Say when."

"On 3.
    2....."

Chris closed his eye tight. Well Emmi, it looks like cigarettes aren't gonna kill me after all....

"1...."

A flash of light and searing heat. He passed out or thought he passed out. It was over quickly. The city's light had dimmed visibly. The amount of electricity was enormous. Viray and Medimeg watched and waited. Medimeg had doubts quickly:

"He's not here."

Viray tried to comfort her.

"Give it time Mrs. Suitt."

Chris blinked. He looked around. It wasn't heaven.... it wasn't hell... apparently....

"Apparently..... I'm in Harry's"

Chris grinned at the two over the commlink. There were a couple shouts of joy, but they calmed down quickly. They needed to make sure everything worked right.

"I'm great! I feel great! Completely exhausted, but no cough, no stomach pain, no fever! Goddamn, Viray, it worked!"

"I'm glad, but don't move, I'm coming to get a blood sample to make sure."

While he was waiting they giddily chatted about triviail things. They were all flooded with relief. Viray got to busines quickly though, he arrived next Chris and took a blood sample. Chris smiled.

"Ouchies!"

Viray smiled and asked if Medimeg wanted ot analyse the sample or if he should do it there. She responded that he should do it there. He checked it out and it looked fine. Chris sighed a sigh of relief and stood up.

"Well guys, I don't know how else to say it, you saved my life. I don't know how to thank you."

Mrs. Suitt went to sleep soon, but Viray and Chris stayed awake. Viray went to Reets, Chris just sat back down, staring at the sky at Harry's. After a little while, he asked Viray how Reets was.

"Even near death experiences dont change whats really important, partying!"

Chris arrived at the party more than fashionably late. There were few people left but he eyed Braedon on the couch. He snuck up behind him and stole the "Ownership Papers to Sezmra." An inside joke, they used multiforms as the imagined papers. Chris had recently given the entire ownership to Braedon for his brithday but was determined to steal them back. That didn't work too well as Braedon put one SOL to his chest and used the other to pick up the papers. They joked around about it all and had a good laugh. shortly after, Chris left for his flat. He entered the room to see Randa asleep and tried to find her comm to delete the rather emotional message he left her, but it was to no avail, he couldn't find it. Hopefully, she wouldn't wake up before him. He got into bed and drifted into the best sleep he'd had in ages.

Gabbin Levi stared at his data screen blinking and turning the data slowly over in his head analyzing over and over what had been sent to him this time...

"Amazing that such a feat actually worked. However I would never care to see a second attempt..." he said aloud.

He had the sample of blood that Viray had sent up from Rubi-ka... it was normal untainted regular blood... no traces of pathogen what so ever. Gabbin didn't know the name of the individual that sample had come from and well being an Omni-Med Director it was probably best.

"That boy Viray..." Gabbin started and then paused in a sudden thought... "Well he isn't really a boy anymore is he? Been on Rubi-ka a while now, and still refuses to leave the surface. Just like his father that one, stubborn as hell when he wants to be..."

Gabbin closed the data file and placed it in a secure Omni-Med Data area deep within the Unidentified Patient section and he smiled, "Seems more Omni Doctors are placing a number of case files here as well... Have to speak to a few of them about that." He thought gruffly.
    Graduate of the Elite Academy

Viray's Yalm Cleaning Services

Viray's Taxi Co.

The moral highground was levelled the very day the first player landed in a backyard, saw a cute leet and said "I wonder what it drops?"

- Savoy

...Bliqz steps out of the assignment locale, and is immediatly assaulted by a gruesome smell...

"Apparently..... I'm in Harry's" a confused voice in the vicinity of the reclaim area said.

Bliqz got that "feeling" agents have when they just know its best to be as unobtrusive as possible, and sliped on his cloaking device...He slowly crept up to the reclaim terminal and peered about...

"I'm great! I feel great! Completely exhausted, but no cough, no stomach pain, no fever! Goddamn, Viray, it worked!" the clanner said...

"Figures" Bliqz thought "they breed like rollerrats, they are in Omni Forest, and now Harry's...this planet is going to hell..."

...Two more people dressed in MedSuits joined the clanner a few moments later, and began to poke and prod the prostrate clanner...

"Ouchies!" the clanner cried.

Bliqz smiled.

...The clanner got up, collected his gear and said his farewells to the docs that had pricked him...After they left, Bliqz slipped off his cloaking device, and sat down...

"Clanners happy to reclaim...talk of fevers...Docs..."

"I should report this..."

...Bliqs hopped a grid ride to Rome to talk to his employer...only pausing to smile again at the thought of the reclaim happy clanner in pain...

"ouchies"...Hehehehe
    Bliqz, Agent, Omni, Atlantean, "Iron Chef of Rubi-Ka"
    God is a bullet.

((The IC only RP forum is back. Bliqz is an Omni Extremist, and his posts IN THAT FORUM reflect that attitude. I can be reached by PM if you feel I have personaly offended you, and I will be happy to change/temper my post. Thank you, and have fun!))

((Dude! I, like, took a bath an' stuff Plus I was reclaiming, couldn't have had much time to smell bad ))

((Sorry, that should have read "Gruesome smell...Like a bar-b-q'ed leet hair and bologna sammich))
    Bliqz, Agent, Omni, Atlantean, "Iron Chef of Rubi-Ka"
    God is a bullet.

((The IC only RP forum is back. Bliqz is an Omni Extremist, and his posts IN THAT FORUM reflect that attitude. I can be reached by PM if you feel I have personaly offended you, and I will be happy to change/temper my post. Thank you, and have fun!))