Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: A plea to Omni and Clan alike

A plea to Omni and Clan alike

Often times, it seems to me that Omni Employees and Clan members alike don't know what it is to be neutral, and I'll attribute that to the fact that most Omni Employees or Clan members were born Omni/Clan, and will die Omni/Clan. Well that's just fine, but that means you need to know what it is to be neutral.

Neutral means we don't have any established govenrment, because neutral alignment is NOT A FACTION! consider every neutral org to be it's own faction. for example, Circle G is an intersteller corporation, just like Omni-Tek. Unlike Omni-Tek, we have but a small presence on Rubi-Ka. Because we aren't here as Omni-Tek contractors, we're not Omni aligned. Because we don't want to cut off all business oppertunities with Omni-Tek both on rubi-Ka and in other corners of the galazy, we can't be clan aligned. OOC: If the AO game mechanics allowed it, we'd should up as Circle G for our faction, not neutral.

That established (or, at least I hope it's established...) let us address how we are treated by Omni and Clan...

Omni and Clan are treating the entire neutral population as a single faction. For example:

Free Trade Alliance's tower gets attacked by Chimera (an omni department).
    Reason: The RP session that the NLF (nanomage liberation front) put up basically declaring war on anyone who has a tower complex up.
    They yelled: This is what happens to neutrals as long as the NLF is neutral.
    So the actions fo one neutral org has reprecussions to an orginization who exists to facilitate peacful trade between everyone. As far as I know, Free Trade Allience does not support the actions of the NLF.

So Chimera should be interested in destroying NLF's towers, and any org that has aligned with the NLF (Like Elite Operations). If you're going to blindly attack any neutral tower in retaliation for the actions for a neutral org, make sure your message will be heard and attack the correct towers!

Since FTA and the NLF are completely seperate orginizations, what are they going to do? Embargo the NLF? The NLF is a terrorist orginizations people, if not by their own admission then by their actions and behavior. They can call themselves whatever they want, but their actions speak for themselves (The above is my opinion, and should not be considered the official stance of Circle G, Inc.)

And now I go OOC: If chimera did this out of RP, they should consider OT's standing orders conserning neutrals: OT is, in theory anyway, supposed to protect the neutral population of Rubi-Ka. I haven't seen Boss Ross withdrawing that policy yet. So if I'm wrong, point me in the right direction.

As for defence, when you attack a neutral tower expect the defending force to consist of mutiple orgs due to a undocumented, unofficial "you scratch my back I'll scratch yours" type agreement. Since we are under fire from both Clan and Omni forces, and ocasionaly other neutral forces, you basicall force us to band together to defend ourselves and protect out mining interests. (OOC again: and if team side actually worked worth a damn in PvP, the option of having Clan or Omni orgs help in defence wouldn't be uncommon. As the system is now, it's simply not worth the problems it raises)

Well, I hope this rant was helpful to someone out there, if not, at least I feel better.
    Glarawyn L220 OT Adventurer
    It's good to be furry.
    ----
    Lilredhot L220 OT Enforcer
    Don't mind me, I tank without a helmet.
    ----
    Gunslinger19 L150 OT Soldier
    There's a word for people who think everyone's out to get them: perceptive.

First, Chimera is just one of the many terrorist organisations out there that indiscriminately attack anything that is not Omni.

Second, what information do you have that EO supports the NLF? I have spoken with the EO recently and they are undecided, but assured me they would not support terrorism. On top of that, they would let me know what they're stance was when they decided. I have received no word yet, but have not expected it as the meeting was held last night.

Third, I completely agree with you that all neutrals should be treated differently based on the actions of their own guild, not their "faction" which isn't really a faction. Slicse said it best, in my opinion, "Don't think of us as neutrals, think of us as independents."
    Bliqz: "anything Uwen says is a vicious and ugly lie"

Were you consulted prior to the enactment of the BORPACT? Certainly, all neutral organizations were bound to face the ramifications of the actions of the NLF and DW. Did they care enough to say "hey, this is what we're doing. Any objections?" and allow your organization to speak its mind?

While I do not condone the harming of innocents, conveniently enough neither the NLF nor the DW possess their own mining facilities. As such, certain irrational organizations will seek to take pre-emptive action against those innocent neutrals who are (wrongly) lumped with these two warmongering groups.

Personally I decry the statements and actions of the Desert Winds and Nanomage Liberation Front. I also decry and organization that would harm innocent bystanders. Unfortunately, given the situation you're in, the only way to remediate this may be join the chorus opposing the violence that NLF and DW seek to perpetuate.
    Emiliy Age
    Unit Leader, Foreign Relations
    Speak your heart, don't bite your tongue...

Whisper's Edge | Gridmail | Engy's Workshop | Tir School of Engineering

Bliqz on Shadowlands: "Gonna make it hard to decide who I can and cant eat."

So Chimera should be interested in destroying NLF's towers, and any org that has aligned with the NLF (Like Elite Operations). If you're going to blindly attack any neutral tower in retaliation for the actions for a neutral org, make sure your message will be heard and attack the correct towers!
    Elite Operations does not condone or condemn NLF's and Desert Winds' actions.

We also have made no official statement supporting their policy on the destruction of all mining towers.

Were you consulted prior to the enactment of the BORPACT? Certainly, all neutral organizations were bound to face the ramifications of the actions of the NLF and DW. Did they care enough to say "hey, this is what we're doing. Any objections?" and allow your organization to speak its mind?
    As for such a statement to be made from someone not even Neutral... I would simply like to point out that there was a public rally to announce the BORPACT as well as grid noticed posted here.

As Circle G is pointing out Neutral is not a faction, so would NLF or Desert Winds even need to consult anyone... since Neutral has no central government or powers that be, why would any Neutral Org. have to say anything to any other Neutral Org.

Personally I decry the statements and actions of the Desert Winds and Nanomage Liberation Front. I also decry and organization that would harm innocent bystanders. Unfortunately, given the situation you're in, the only way to remediate this may be join the chorus opposing the violence that NLF and DW seek to perpetuate.
    I thought someone like you Emiliy would see both sides of this dangerous situation instead of waving a finger and screaming Terrorists.

I would hope that you could understand NLF's and Desert Winds' unique position, and maybe consider other alternatives and make some proposal other than "Us or Them" mentality you are trying to promote even amongst Neutral people...

I am not saying you are the sole promoter of such behavior as NLF and Desert Winds have both been just as solid and unwavering in their goal.

We need to find find further information about the Notum that could put this issue behind us all...
    Graduate of the Elite Academy

Viray's Yalm Cleaning Services

Viray's Taxi Co.

The moral highground was levelled the very day the first player landed in a backyard, saw a cute leet and said "I wonder what it drops?"

- Savoy

The Nanomage Liberation Front are not Neutral. Desert Winds is not Neutral. We have created our own side and only recognize 2 sides. Those that seek peace, life on Rubi-Ka, and the end to notum mining. And those that are stripping the planet of her resources for greed and profit. Also Elite Operations is NOT part of the borpac as they have stated they will build a tower again if the opportunity arises. No Borpac member may have a mining complex as that is against our beliefs. That said we are not against Clan and Omni-Tek. We are agains Notum Mining. I hope that's clear. And agian the word terrorist is used so so much that it is meaningless. We are not terrorists for we do not attack civilians, we only attack heavily armed STRUCTURES that are causing the GENOCIDE of our people.

OOC: We are an rp org, we do not grief, and very often talk to those who we attack. The one time the target of our attack wasn't having fun with it (as they had just gotten over severe griefing) we called off the attack. We also attack with honor and are self buffed teams.
    Aazamon General of the Nanomage Liberation Front

28973 The first Homo Nano is born in an Omni-Tek laboratory. The inclusion of trace notum into the DNA sequencing of Nano foetuses means that this breed is able to live only on Rubi-Ka.

Until all are free!

We are recruiting

The Nanomage Liberation Front

Originally posted by Viray

I would hope that you could understand NLF's and Desert Winds' unique position, and maybe consider other alternatives and make some proposal other than "Us or Them" mentality you are trying to promote even amongst Neutral people...
    Viray, my friend, do you not see that "Us or Them" is what the BORPACT is trying to do? And can you not see that, if they are successful, it will mean they will lose? It means we will all lose!

Let me go through the steps again.

1. OmniTek mines notum at a controlled, relatively slow pace
    2. The NLF disrupt notum mining to such an extent that OmniTek cannot export any of it
    3. The ICC condones a notum saving operation and a coalition of companies craving notum invade RubiKa
    4. The notum is sucked out of the planet FAR faster than under OmniTek

They are defeating themselves and it will bring ruin and war to the planet

It's simple to me, but seems difficult for many Clans, Omnis, and hell even neutral people alike to grasp.

When you think of neutrals, think of people. People who are unaffiliated with your war. Cause that's what they are

Before you scream out "This is what happens to neutrals as long as NLF is neutral!" Think how stupid that sounds to us.

"This is what happens to people unaffiliated in our war as long as NLF are people unafillated in our war!"

wtf. take it up with NLF

Originally posted by Slicse
    It's simple to me, but seems difficult for many Clans, Omnis, and hell even neutral people alike to grasp.

When you think of neutrals, think of people. People who are unaffiliated with your war. Cause that's what they are

Before you scream out "This is what happens to neutrals as long as NLF is neutral!" Think how stupid that sounds to us.

"This is what happens to people unaffiliated in our war as long as NLF are people unafillated in our war!"

wtf. take it up with NLF
    Exactly. Bravo.

((At no point does borpac mention it represents neutral orgs, only the three guilds who subscribe to it belive in this course of action. At no point does it mention that it is a wholly anti-clan, anti-OT or even anti-'neut' article, it is an anti-mining article. For various reasons our orgs are against the mining of notum, either for its percieved effects on nanomage or the effects on mining on our environment and IC home.

If any one has a problem with Borpac and its members take it up with those members. we dont have towers but you will sure as heck see us near yours at some point in the future))

((edit - and i agree wholeheartedly with Glara's post))
    Omni-Pol intelligence report for Peregrinus Praecautus
    Known applicant of Third Faction
    Warning! Record is being accessed by an external source of unknown origin.
    Recovering file

be on your guard pilgrim
    File ends

Viray, my friend, do you not see that "Us or Them" is what the BORPACT is trying to do? And can you not see that, if they are successful, it will mean they will lose? It means we will all lose!
    I see personally, the BORPACT as an outragoues idea to gain full attention and broadcast the NLF and Desert Winds cause. By now you know what they surely hope to do, and what they invision as the future. So I think the BORPACT is going as well as it should be in that effort.

Do I think there are other ways to go about this to find some other solution? Sure I do, but no one here wants to take an effort to bring the sides to the table and gather the information needed to resolve this issue. All that has been done is aggressive attacks and well the call for more bloodshed.

Neither of which will gather us a solution.

This is from both sides... the BORPACT group on one hand demanding an end to all mining, and those that scream 'terrorists!' before taking a moment to think on exactly what they are trying to accomplish.

Uwen surely you a man who seeks great peace upon Rubi-ka can still see their side, and surely understand what they fight for...

Let me go through the steps again.

1. OmniTek mines notum at a controlled, relatively slow pace
    2. The NLF disrupt notum mining to such an extent that OmniTek cannot export any of it
    3. The ICC condones a notum saving operation and a coalition of companies craving notum invade RubiKa
    4. The notum is sucked out of the planet FAR faster than under OmniTek

They are defeating themselves and it will bring ruin and war to the planet
    This is a very likely scenario... a bleak and dark scenario.

Why not test for ICC's response...

Have your towers, but deactivate all mining of Notum from the planet. In other worlds let them stand dormant and slow the flow of Notum shipped off world. Call for a boycott and stop the sale of Notum to OT-RK and leave it in the ground...

Lets see what ICC's offical response will be.

Viray's Taxi Co.

The moral highground was levelled the very day the first player landed in a backyard, saw a cute leet and said "I wonder what it drops?"

- Savoy

Originally posted by Aazamon
    OOC: We are an rp org, we do not grief, and very often talk to those who we attack. The one time the target of our attack wasn't having fun with it (as they had just gotten over severe griefing) we called off the attack. We also attack with honor and are self buffed teams.
    ((OOC: Hey hey hey...PLEASE don't get the wrong impression, Aaz NO ONE (at least not the RPers who know what this is all about) is accusing you of any of that. Completely OOC, I think what you guys are doing is awesome Makes walking around a little more "interesting"))
    Emiliy Age
    Unit Leader, Foreign Relations
    Speak your heart, don't bite your tongue...

Whisper's Edge | Gridmail | Engy's Workshop | Tir School of Engineering

Bliqz on Shadowlands: "Gonna make it hard to decide who I can and cant eat."

Originally posted by Viray

Uwen surely you a man who seeks great peace upon Rubi-ka can still see their side, and surely understand what they fight for...
    I do! You will find that at first I supported the idea! Before I realised that it would only cause our downfall!

This is a very likely scenario... a bleak and dark scenario.

Why not test for ICC's response...

Have your towers, but deactivate all mining of Notum from the planet. In other worlds let them stand dormant and slow the flow of Notum shipped off world. Call for a boycott and stop the sale of Notum to OT-RK and leave it in the ground...

Lets see what ICC's offical response will be.
    I would be willing, but only if we only test them to the point where they threaten an invasion to restore the notum. Then again, this could start a war between OmniTek and the Clans again...

If I was to die, either now or later... at latest I would use what time I have to make a fight... if that is all NLF and Desert Winds is doing.. I have to repsect that.

Though Uwen there is another possiblity...

If Notum flow is to stop, this would lie solely on OT-RK to correct.

What would ICC do to Omni-Tek to get exports back up again?

Can they come theirselves? Or would they simply replace Omni-Tek with a Corp. that can make their numbers...

ICC isn't a business, it is a council of corporations... a judge and jury for the corporations to follow.

We should test this and see what happens, maybe ICC would shorten Omni-Tek's lease?

Maybe they could invade... we won't know unless we try...
    Last edited by Viray; Mar 6th, 2003 at 00:26:40.

Viray's Taxi Co.

- Savoy

Originally posted by Slicse

wtf. take it up with NLF
    That is how it would work if the world was perfect, Unfortantly it is not. The fact is since NLF has no towers nor facilities, Other Neutrals had to pay for their crimes sad? Very. But do not expect the Corporation to stand and watch as Neutrals tear down our Outposts one by one.

Personally I have no whatsoever intrest in fighting Neutrals and would rather not my war is against the Clans. But orgs such as the NLF creates bad blood.
    Despite everything in the end I was a Fixer and I can say it was hell of a ride.

Thank you Marli! Now, tell me OmniTek doesn't indiscriminately attack neutral towers for no reason. Tell me only the clans do it.

Originally posted by Uwen
    Thank you Marli! Now, tell me OmniTek doesn't indiscriminately attack neutral towers for no reason. Tell me only the clans do it.
    Ok, Omni-Tek doesn't indiscriminately attack neutral towers for no reason. Only the clans do it.
    Alex Neboja Graveheart

Assault Corps, cpl of Omni-Pol

------------------------------------------------

Angelus IceKing Anasazi

"I'm an Enforcer, my motto is simple. Hit, stick, bust d***...and talk ****, and what? Talk ****, and what? Talk ****!"

Originally posted by Neboja

Ok, Omni-Tek doesn't indiscriminately attack neutral towers for no reason. Only the clans do it.
    Um.. I meant do it truthfully, but I guess you wouldn't understand what that means...

Um.. I meant do it truthfully, but I guess you wouldn't understand what that means...
    *Has a completely blank look on his face. Straps himself to a lie detector.*

"Omni-Tek doesn't indiscriminately attack neutral towers for no reason. Only the clans do it. "

*looks at the lie detector. Comes back clean, no lies, complete truth*
    Alex Neboja Graveheart

Angelus IceKing Anasazi

"I'm an Enforcer, my motto is simple. Hit, stick, bust d***...and talk ****, and what? Talk ****, and what? Talk ****!"

Originally posted by Neboja

*Has a completely blank look on his face. Straps himself to a lie detector.*

"Omni-Tek doesn't indiscriminately attack neutral towers for no reason. Only the clans do it. "

*looks at the lie detector. Comes back clean, no lies, complete truth*
    No, you don't understand lie detectors obviously. You believe you are telling the truth therefore your body acts normal. However, you are merely brainwashed into believing lies. Therefore, a lie detector would not work on you in this case. Or was that too complicated for you?

No, you don't understand lie detectors obviously. You believe you are telling the truth therefore your body acts normal. However, you are merely brainwashed into believing lies. Therefore, a lie detector would not work on you in this case. Or was that too complicated for you?
    And so Uwen Resorts to insults to make a point once more. What happened Uwen, did your mother refuse to breast feed you as a child? Is that why your so bitter and angry? Aww...poor poor Uwen. There there, it's ok.

Omni-Tek understands
    Alex Neboja Graveheart

Angelus IceKing Anasazi

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast