Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Another failed event.

Re: We don't want your rejects!

Originally posted by Silenna

Nonononono! We don't want them! We neuts have a bad enough reputation without everyone thinking we're omni rejects. Neutrals are people, too- how would you feel if your home town was turned into a criminal den?
    I totaly agree. Why should we neutrals be puniched for these peoples crimes. Why not insted make a fourth class of people, lawless people, that al factions can attack even neutrals? And that cant attack even neutrals themself.

And to make it really interesting as a punichment, sett a reward acording to the severity of the crime on their heads (show after their nick) that one gets for killing them. Then make it so that this status continuous for a specific time before the person can come back to his former faction.

I am skeptical as to the efficacy of such punishments. UO had (or has, I stopped playing long ago) such a system of rewards on criminals and it was an utter failure as far as achieving its original goals - to stop rampant griefing and PKing. I remember the early days when people founded anti-PK guilds to fight PKers, which is what Origin orignally wanted: a real community that developed its own sanctions and laws against the anti-social, a community of players that could police itself. It wasn't long though before the anti-PKers gave up. The griefers/PKers played the game SOLELY to ruin others' experience, while the anti-PKers really wanted to play the game as it was meant to be played, and hoped that eventually the problem would go down. When it was clear that the griefers would never stop as long as they played the game, many simply quit (incl. yours truly). Origin never got the griefing problem under control, despite the many changes and additions they made to the game rules like reputation, virtue, and criminal/ murderer status.

FC and the rest of the community are never going to convince the likes of HOGG and all their spiritual kin to stop their activities and follow the rules because breaking rules and spoiling others' fun is the sole reason they play the game. The only way to deal with the problem they pose is to remove them from the game, permanently.
    Numi7, Omni-Tech Employee
    Solitus Engineer
    Division 3 [Omni Reclamation]
    RK2

But they're not neutral. They're opposed to Phillip Ross and his policies, OMNI-TEK POLICIES! This makes them opposed to Omni-Tek and therfore CLAN! A double agent so to speak.

I think a fitting punishment would be to kick them out of Omni-tek, make them clan, roll them back to level one, relocate them to and make them save in, a terminal in the Perpetual Wastelands. If there is not one there, put one there.

Once they get out of that mess, they will have most likely, learned a lesson they won't soon forget.

Later,

Originally posted by Ellusion
    First that springs to mind is just wiping the token board and make them neutral.

I like the "lawless" affiliation idea though. Just as neutrals (who aren't an affiliation, but undecided) can't attack anyone, Outlaws could be attacked by everyone regardless of zone (at wich point they could attack back ofc) - this could also be coppled with a reward like tokens for those managing to hunt and kill outlaws. A player caught doing something could be turned outlaw for a period of time, and after that had to find an application and apply for affiliation with one of the two sides again. (with the tokenboard wiped ofc =)

Just as neutrals dont have any advantage in the conflict, "outlaws" would have similar restrictions - not being able to pick missions, no tokens, no side specific gear or items etc
    Cheers,
    Ellusion
    Anarchy Arcanum
    ---
    201 Ellusion, Doctor | Eqp
    202 Snowfish, Agent | Eqp
    215 Edeus, Doc-pet | Eqp

Proud General of Ragnarok

"bullet proof jacket"

I've only been playing a couple of weeks, but here is my thought...

if your organization wanted the person alive, then a "bullet proof jacket" of sorts would be a good option to protect the person being transported.

In AO terms... the organization could give someone a one charge program that casts an obscene amount of AC, wipes skills and a produces a forced /follow command to be executed on the "criminal" so they have to follow the person casting.

Similar to criminals in real life, you want the person to be transported bound and safe to the destination.

That way a rescue mission would have to involve attacking the caster who is transporting them if the "prisoner" is to escape.

That would also prevent grievers from ruining the event.

Just a thought,

Midknight88
    Clan NT lvl 28

Midknight,

That sounds like a great idea but unfortunately Funcom seems to dislike great ideas like this so it would probably never happen.

Originally posted by HeeroYuy34
    That sounds like a great idea but unfortunately Funcom seems to dislike great ideas like this so it would probably never happen.
    Funcom understands that this would upset a griefer and they are firmly dedicated to protecting this far-from-endangered species. I have wondered many times why Funcom chooses to not punish since they have to know they lose more and better players by not punishing than they do by punishing. But perhaps at this point the exploiters and griefers outnumber the honest and role players. If not, it certainly won't be long.

Scorus

as punishment there should be a good old fasioned banishment in my opinion.

I am not one for geography of RK (as many will tell you) but give these people one save terminal out in the middle of nowhere in a 0% zone, kick em out of omni and brand them, make them open targets for everyone even in 25% so every time they die they go back to the middle of nowhere.. oh... and remove equiptment such as yalms so they have to run

since there is no prisons, I think we gotta get creative

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123