Thread: Map Upgrade

Lightbulb Map Upgrade

Had an idea. How bout a map upgrade that upgrades the large world map. I'd like to see county lines, cities, outposts listed on the large map. When the news came across the screen for violence in Sabulum my first question was...Where the hell is Sabulum? It would make it easier to interact with the story line if I new where some of these obscure places are.

Anyone else have any ideas for the bigger map?

And

A map upgrade that remebers places
    If I zone out of a mission my map upgrade will keep the info, same for shops and stuff, this has annoyed me for a lont time, sux to sit with pen and paper with a game taking place 30000 AD..

This must be easy and would be improve gaming AND make it more realistic..

Yours
    Fury

I have the same angst

Yea I hear ya. I've thought the same thing over and over. I can't remember the name but someone at Funcom thinks the same as you FuryFerret. Were not alone.

Map upgrades

How about a map upgrade that alows u 2 set waypoints this would help u find teams and hunting spots.

Yahe and while we are at it, why don't we make the world map
    gnomic and not spherical. Because yesterday I was visiting south hill plains, and I made it to the end of the rubi-ka. And I am now convinced that Rubi-Ka is flat.

I had this thought last night. How bout the world map upgrading when you use the scanner or for a grid entrance/exit. Put a little icon on the world map that way when you find an obscrue outpost you can always find it again and you can know when a misson is close to it.

RE: Skannt

I like the idea of map markers. I've found alot of cool places I wanted to mark. Now I cant remember exactly where all of them are.
    Being able to keep an in game digital diary would be great too but thats another subject.

Talking Something to write on!

Hey Grimm! I think that ingame diary is a great idea! I started a related threadin the envisioned section. If you really believe in this, please express your thoughts on my thread.

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=10676

- Szentasha / Unity of the Rose

I would like to be able to mark my map and put comments in. One was able to do this in one of the MMORPGs that I played (god I've played so many now that I can't keep all the details straight), I think it was Meridian. You could put a marker down and title it and then do a right click on it to open up a little window where you could write stuff. It was VERY useful.
    Anastasia "Aniee" Cervenak
    Martial Artist

Man is the only animal that blushes, or needs to. -------Mark Twain