Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RATFE Press Conference

RATFE Press Conference

Greetings citizens of Rubi-Ka, i would like to inform all political interested Omni-Tek and Neutral citizens that a RATFE press conference will be held in Omni-HQ in front of the Omni-Admin building 16th of march at 16:00 GMT. I hope to see many Omni-Tek executives at this conference for the topics will involve all around terrorism and RATFE's stance in the conflict.

A few of the main topics will be:

RATFE's stance towards High Commander Fisk
    RATFE's Stance towards the united clans
    RATFE's stance towards Omni-Tek
    RATFE's future plans against terrorism
    RATFE's stance toward the Borealis pact

Again i hope to see you all there, with your support we shall wipe the terrorist scourge from the surface of Rubi-Ka.
    Peter Giscombe - Director of the Omni-Tek Corporate Security Coalition.

*Bump*

*bump for RP event*

What does RATFE stand for?
    Nicholas "Maxilon" Markarian
    Executive of 'The Concillium'
    Bureaucrat
    Clan Union Representative
    'Order is not oppression. Benevolent government requires a level of moral soundness and ethical fortitude that if not found should lead to the immediate dissolution, through armed struggle if needed, of said government.'

*Smiles*
    Its in my signiture,
    It stands for The Rubi Ka Anti-Terrorist Federation

PS. Information about the conference can also be found at http://www.grimworld.homestead.com/onn.html

One final *Bump* Before the conference

Dabblez notes down time and place. Given all the recent indicnets involving the Neo-Luddite Movement, she is now very concerned about terrorism.
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Yeah, stupid terrorists, whoever's selling them all those guns better stop.....
    Atlantean Soldier.

Director of Obsoleet (@.@)/'

Major Eldridge "Naxilite" McCovery
    Leader of Desert Winds

<message begins>
    17:57: Dartelosolus shouts: First let me say i am very sorry for the time change
    17:58: Dartelosolus shouts: We had some difficulties that needed to be solved
    17:58: Dartelosolus shouts: Let me just say welcome to the first RATFE press conference ever held... Please try remain quiet at all times and save questions until after the conference.
    17:58: Dartelosolus shouts: and please remain on the pavement
    17:59: Dartelosolus shouts: The first topic of this meeting is the Borealis Pact or BORPAC
    17:59: Dartelosolus shouts: I myself have admired the patriotic ways of Desert Winds but when i heard the BORPAC news i was shocked...
    17:59: Dartelosolus shouts: I could not believe my ears.. The people i looked at as the saviors of Rubi-Ka have turned violent?
    18:00: Dartelosolus shouts: If Desert Winds or the Nanomage Liberation Front continue their... violent acts of... what i now look at as terrorism, then RATFE shall move into Borealis and arrest the leaders of the two guilds.
    18:00: Dartelosolus shouts: Certainly their reasons are noble and patriotic but attacking every standing notum mining tower on all of Rubi-Ka is just outrageous, its terrorism.
    18:01: Dartelosolus shouts: RATFE will develop plans to bring down this newly formed BORPAC in the near future
    <message ends>

Dartelosolus, I used to think like you. The corporate brainwashing has worked well on you I see. Can you not see that Desert Winds and Nanomage Liberation Front work for the future of Rubi-Ka? These actions of yours make you an enemy of Rubi-Ka. As such RAFTE is an illegal body and we do not recognise its authority.

Major McCovery
    Omni-Pol intelligence report for Peregrinus Praecautus
    Known applicant of Third Faction
    Warning! Record is being accessed by an external source of unknown origin.
    Recovering file

be on your guard pilgrim
    File ends

Originally quoted by Dartelosolus at the RATFE rally

18:00: Dartelosolus shouts: If Desert Winds or the Nanomage Liberation Front continue their... violent acts of... what i now look at as terrorism, then RATFE shall move into Borealis and arrest the leaders of the two guilds.
    18:00: Dartelosolus shouts: Certainly their reasons are noble and patriotic but attacking every standing notum mining tower on all of Rubi-Ka is just outrageous, its terrorism.
    18:01: Dartelosolus shouts: RATFE will develop plans to bring down this newly formed BORPAC in the near future
    <message ends>
    Terrorism??? Fighting for what you believe is right is now called Terrorism?? Where is your proof that it is Terrorism? The BORPACT Alliance had given the rest of Rubi-Ka ample time to consider the consequences of their actions. But they CHOSE to ignore the warning signs of impending doom on this planet. The actions the BORPACT alliance take are FOR the good of the planet. There is only ONE TRUE WAR on Rubi-Ka. Its the Notum Miners VS the planet. The Omni-Tek / Clan "war" is just a small side show.

Unless otherwise stated by Omni-Prime or Phillip Ross himself, RATFE holds no jurisdiction in Omni-Tek territories.

Powers of arrest and law enforcement are currently enforced by the ICC, Omni-Pol and Other Omni-Tek Security departments.

After I read the meeting log on my comm unit, I was asstounded by what you were claiming you could do and what you had the power to do, when I have seen no proof or official document stating this.

From what I have heared over the Gridfeed you seem to be a bunch of glorious vigilantes.

Provide the Proof

Lieutenant Tikon Joor
    Tikon - Forever an MP. Rest in peace my dear old friend.

Remember, Life is a Journey, Not a Destination, So enjoy the ride..

Actually, even under the invocation of the ICC's emergency powers (as is currently of force and effect in the ICC General Assembly), the ICC does not exercise any powers of arrest or "law" enforcement. The ICC is a central mediating body designed to (theoretically, although unfortunately not in practice) keep peace and stability on corporate colonies, but nothing more. The only aspects of "law" that they govern are the enforcement of colony Leases on the corporations to which the lease is granted.

Also, last time I checked Omni-Pol was failing miserably in this regard; when I was still hanging around at Rompa, there were most often many more clan members than employees, which, to my knowledge is not "the law" according to Omni-Tek. And, last I checked, Omni-Pol was much too busy handling, oh, KFM, Devil's Advocate and most recently Name Withheld to bother with matters outside of Omni-Tek.

But I must say I do love these divisions within the corporation. Please, do keep it up.
    Emiliy Age
    Unit Leader, Foreign Relations
    Speak your heart, don't bite your tongue...

Whisper's Edge | Gridmail | Engy's Workshop | Tir School of Engineering

Bliqz on Shadowlands: "Gonna make it hard to decide who I can and cant eat."

Hmmm... I think the OmniPol mafia is getting a little angry that some other Family is edging in on their "turf" eh? Unhappy that someone else wants to beat up clanners and arrest people without cause Tikky? Or did Monty put you up to it?

I'm lovin' it. We have Mob Wars within OmniTek over who gets to beat up clanners. OmniPol's too busy beating up OmniTek departments, but they won't let anyone in on the much-neglected beating of clanners? Or are you guys just edgy because of all the recent tower problems?

Whats that? The clans are divided and riddled with interfighting? Hahahahaha, thats funny! Damn, I hate hypocrites.

And since you guys want to get political and technical, isn't in InternOps job to deal with problems within the company? I don't know, I don't memorise the employee handbook, but I thought that was in there somewhere. Eh, maybe I'm wrong.

But don't let me stop you, go on, kill each other. Diminsh each other's power. I'll just kick my feet up, grab some popcorn, and watch it on the news.
    Bliqz: "anything Uwen says is a vicious and ugly lie"

Originally posted by Uwen
    I'll just kick my feet up, grab some popcorn, and watch it on the news.
    Oooo! Oooo! And laughing the entire time...
    Emiliy Age
    Unit Leader, Foreign Relations
    Speak your heart, don't bite your tongue...

Whisper's Edge | Gridmail | Engy's Workshop | Tir School of Engineering

Bliqz on Shadowlands: "Gonna make it hard to decide who I can and cant eat."

Originally posted by Uwen
    Hmmm... I think the OmniPol mafia is getting a little angry that some other Family is edging in on their "turf" eh? Unhappy that someone else wants to beat up clanners and arrest people without cause Tikky? Or did Monty put you up to it?

I'm lovin' it. We have Mob Wars within OmniTek over who gets to beat up clanners. OmniPol's too busy beating up OmniTek departments, but they won't let anyone in on the much-neglected beating of clanners? Or are you guys just edgy because of all the recent tower problems?

Whats that? The clans are divided and riddled with interfighting? Hahahahaha, thats funny! Damn, I hate hypocrites.

And since you guys want to get political and technical, isn't in InternOps job to deal with problems within the company? I don't know, I don't memorise the employee handbook, but I thought that was in there somewhere. Eh, maybe I'm wrong.

But don't let me stop you, go on, kill each other. Diminsh each other's power. I'll just kick my feet up, grab some popcorn, and watch it on the news.
    The only thing you will get to watch on the news is either your beloved ones found dead and mutilated or perhaps Tir lying in Ashes and ruin.. Either ones are fine with me you pick.
    Despite everything in the end I was a Fixer and I can say it was hell of a ride.

Originally posted by Marlamin

The only thing you will get to watch on the news is either your beloved ones found dead and mutilated or perhaps Tir lying in Ashes and ruin.. Either ones are fine with me you pick.
    Uh huh. When you take over Tir, you give me a call eh? And you haven't ever and I doubt you ever will harm any of my loved ones. But keep telling yourself you're winning. I hear OmniTek's morale isn't too high with the recent losses.

So, like I said, I'll watch Omnitek bicker and argue and damage itself from the inside on the news from my comfy couch in The Cup with a nice Rubi Ka School of Culinary Arts pie and popcorn. Then there will be a short break so Boss Ross can talk about how united OmniTek is and how divided the clans are. And you can make more threats that you can't back up. And I'll sit there with my pie and popcorn, laughing. The Omni Comedy Show just got a whole hell of a lot bigger.

/me hums a few lines of an old song...

Laughing all the way, Ha Ha Ha!
    Last edited by Uwen; Mar 17th, 2003 at 05:23:46.

Originally posted by Tifanyx

Terrorism??? Fighting for what you believe is right is now called Terrorism?? Where is your proof that it is Terrorism? The BORPACT Alliance had given the rest of Rubi-Ka ample time to consider the consequences of their actions. But they CHOSE to ignore the warning signs of impending doom on this planet. The actions the BORPACT alliance take are FOR the good of the planet. There is only ONE TRUE WAR on Rubi-Ka. Its the Notum Miners VS the planet. The Omni-Tek / Clan "war" is just a small side show.
    Tif its always been like that. Thats why the Clanners are terrorists. We fight for Freedom, something we beleive in. And we are terrorists.

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

Okay lets begin with emily

The ICC is a peacekeeping force YES they also enforce laws in the territories that they protect, why do you think they are equipped with weapons? And yes they do have powers of arrest, im sure they would not let some anarchist grafitti their walls in the ICC HQ and stand there and do nothing.

now Uwen

((OOC)) From a RP perspective RATFE has just come out of the blue, no back history posted about where they came from or how they came about to form this organisation. Now when RPing you cant have things jump out of the blue at you claiming this and claiming that. If they do wish to enforce law in a RP sense, then they will need to provide proof that they have been giventhe authority to do so. I mean why would Omni-prime employ a new organisation to patrol and protect the sectors which are already being so?
    So from a RP aspect it is required that we know these details, unlike you Uwen i have the courtesey to state when im ((OOC)) so that previous post had nothing to do with stealing our role or anything like that it was a comment made from a RP point of view.

You need to open your eyes a bit more Uwen and read a bit more thoroughly before you comment.

((End OOC))

And I do not appreciate being called Tikky, the name is Tikon, or do I have to send you back to Omni Citizen Rehab for you to brush up on your literacy?

Lieutenant Joor
    Tikon - Forever an MP. Rest in peace my dear old friend.

Remember, Life is a Journey, Not a Destination, So enjoy the ride..

((Actually, I was completely IC thank you. Maybe the RATFE does have papers, I don't know and it doesn't really matter to me IC or OOC. They're trying to fight terrorism when OmniPol isn't doing such a great job apparently. Maybe thats their story. Either way, if they haven't been shut down by OmniTek yet, they are probably legitimate. I have the "courtesy" to sate when I'm in OOC. I just wasn't in OOC. IC I can think you're upset their stealing your role all I want. So, once again, if it was OOC, you'd know it. You need to open your eyes a little more before YOU comment.))

Tikky, I'll call you whatever the hell I want without reprecussions. Thats the glory of not being an OmniTek employee. You can't push me around. Sure, if you catch me you can beat me, but I doubt you can catch me in a zone where the suppression is low enough that you could carry me away.

I know how to read. If you haven't realised it, Tikky is my nickname for you. I make nicknames for all you funny extremists.

So are you gonna sit there and threaten me or are you going to make an intelligent rebuttal against my statement?

Thats what I thought.

OOC:
    Words means nothing, Action is everything. I couldnt care less if an Orginization is either called Omni-Pol or RATFE aslong as they can back up their role. If they cant, Sucks to be them.
    Despite everything in the end I was a Fixer and I can say it was hell of a ride.

((I agree with Marl here, I am happy to RP with whoever wants to its all about fun. good luck to em))
    Omni-Pol intelligence report for Peregrinus Praecautus
    Known applicant of Third Faction
    Warning! Record is being accessed by an external source of unknown origin.
    Recovering file

be on your guard pilgrim
    File ends

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast