Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pie Summoning Research

Quote Originally Posted by Salvena View Post
    Intersting Note: The largest Pie ever summoned through the use of Meta-Physic powers was actually the size of a small town or village. Measuring over 5 miles across, and reaching as high as 1 mile at the apex of it's soft, flakey crust. The slits in he top of said pastry dome could easily admit several full adult Solitus men, standing shoulder to shoulder; exposing the cinnamony apple filling. The pie tin contained enough iron to manufacture several dozen Yalmahas.

Problems with the summoning of this pie arose chiefly with the afore-mentioned inverse relationship of size to duration. The pie was so large, it literally appeared 10,000 years in the past and was rather a shock to the inhabitants of the primordial world on which it appeared; sparking te creation of several Doomspie Cults and a rash of brief, but violent wars for control of the confectionary idol.

And everyone was rather dissapointed when it simply dissapeared after an hour.
    (( *looks amazed at the three-year necro**sifts through thread**giggles uncontrollably*))
    Blueberry... pie... *drool*
    Phanna Shadowblade, 32 Night Elf Rogue
    Teresa "Cinder" Toume, 8 Opifex Fixer Under Construction
    Teresa Koren, Level 14 Twi'Lek Commando
    Emrys "Llenlleawg" Wyddfa, retired 19 Solitus Engineer

Oh yeah, pies...
    Funny, I'd almost forgot about them.
    Well, not as much funny as scary, actually.
    Forgetting about pies.. and me a 'Trox.. I must be getting old.. it's a whole hour since my last snack.. low blood sugar, perhaps?
    Anyway, how's them pies coming alng? I'm fixin' to order some, if it's possible?
    Tempus fugit.

Everybody has a photographic memory.
    Some don't have film.

When you find a big kettle of crazy it's best not to stir it.
    -PHB/Scott Adams

Having spent the last few days locked in one of the labs at RUR, I've been working on an engineer version of this "pie research". After all, our pets both work and look better, so it logically follows that our pies would be as well. My findings are below.

The first step when creating (or "summoning" if you prefer) pie is to create a standard symbollic shape for the pie to be created into. The best shape I could come up with to begin with was a large circle with a diameter equal to that of the pie I wished to create. This shaped I labelled shape 'a', since it was the first attempt I had made. Into this I placed an amount of "raw pie", the constituent parts for a completed pie, in this case dough, apple slices, some sugar, and some other trace ingredients listed in appendix 1. I then performed a standard denaturing process on the combined ingredients, hoping to create the shell of a pie for later activation. Instead, I managed to create a perfectly formed apple pie! The only problem was that it's shape had transmogrified from the original circle to a straight edged geometrical shape.

Further studies will of course be performed, but for the moment it seems that all engineer pies 'r' squared.
    Willone, Engineer in R.U.R. R&D.
    Where the thinking does the robots

engineer pies and Meta pies, things are indeed looking up here on Rubi-Ka! Keep up the Good Work and help out us poor 'Troxes get a little snack!

Quote Originally Posted by Willone View Post
    all engineer pies 'r' squared.
    ((Har, har... ))
    Tempus fugit.

Everybody has a photographic memory.
    Some don't have film.

When you find a big kettle of crazy it's best not to stir it.
    -PHB/Scott Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Votary View Post
    OMG!!!! I think you just gave me the best idea! Having pies as pets!!!!

Oh wait, then do I eat it before it dies, or expires or after it dies? Will they taste different? Will I have to insert nanobots into them so they can fight?

TOO MANY QUESTIONS!

I might have to get a nano-technician to help me out here.
    Well, I have come across a few MPs, including Trox, Opi, Soli, and NM trying to make these confectionary masterpeices and it seems that they cant get the cooking correct for it to have the correct weight for flight, they always seem too heavy and fall to the ground. I hit one with Izgimmer's Enveloping Flame though, and it floated over the MP's shoulder just like it should. Try that, just make sure to tell it to follow ya, they seem to have real range problem. Think it's due to the fact that they dont have ears. And for your flavoring to last longer, hit it with Evocation of Extra Helping. That will help with the duration of your flavor.
    Two truths in life:

The real trouble with reality is that there’s no background music.

Books have knowledge, knowledge is power, power corrupts, corruption is a crime, and crime doesn’t pay..so if you keep reading, you’ll go broke.

Pwnage - 220 Kamakazi MA
    Ladypwnage - 214 NT
    Deadinlife - 95 Retired Crat Twink
    Matrader - 170 Wrangle for hire
    Dodgy1 - 170 Advie
    Gothiqka - 170 Engie in the works

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123