Thread: Poetry

Post Poetry

Hi Angels

I have read some post in here and i found some very nice poetry, that is kinda wierd for me because i have never read a piece of poetry unless my teacher demanded i should do it But you guys/women inspired me to give it a try. These are my first ever, so dont be to hard on me

Please write me if something is completly wrong, because my first language is not english so its kinda hard 8)

Every night I look at the sky
    I see the angels, they start to cry
    They see the world, what it has become
    They stare at the flames that comes around
    Omni and clan will they ever learn
    Death and destruction awaits them all

----------------------------------------------

I stand on a roof, in omni-tek one
    The air is dry, I get sand in my eyes
    I see to the desert, an army approaches
    It feels like a dream, it cannot be real
    An alarm goes off, the city glows red
    The gates get closed, the soldiers stand ready
    What can I do, but stand there and watch
    I have nowhere to run, nowhere to hide
    Who will survive the battle ahead?
    Omni or Clan, I care of it not

-------------------------------------------------

An omni guard stare into the night
    Looking for clan, a reason to fight
    After a while a shadow appears
    The guard is scared and prepares his gear
    Nothing sounds but a whisper of steps
    The guard he panics, does he have what it takes
    The shadow draws near, bit by bit
    The blood in his veins freezes to ice
    The chittering sound gives it away
    He takes a step back, and turns around
    A twenty-foot mantis in front of him stands
    A second later he embraces the pain
    One of the legs pierces his brain
    A creature of darkness stare into the night
    looking for humans, a reason to fight
    Last edited by Korsu; Mar 13th, 2003 at 16:58:46.

Awe...that's very sweet! BTW...my guild also has a Poetry and Prose section in the public forums. Feel free to post your work there.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

Smile

Thanks for the kind words, nice to know it wasent complete crap like i thought it was...

By the way are your guild recruiting? Im looking for a RP guild, and i was thinking of Angels of Harmony but I forgot to consider other guilds too!

Yes, WE always recruits. Lot of really fine organizations out there. Do your reasearch and find which works best for you. Good luck in what ever one you choose.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

Very well written. The following is my one editorial comment. I hope that it will not detract from the fact that I think your peice is very good. I just make the comment because you asked for the input as to your English:

English is a really weird language with really weird rules. Still it amazes me that so many who have English as a second (or even third) language have a better mastery of it than some who have it as a first. Anyway, here is my one editorial comment. We would say "twenty-foot" instead of "twenty-feet" in the context in which you used it. However with feet being the plural of foot it would make sense the way you used it, but like I said English is a weird language. We would say the creature was twenty feet tall, but conversely, it was a twenty-foot creature.

Carry on.
    Cathryn "Vallikat" Thompon

Your queen of muffiny goodness!
    Director - Gridstream Productions --->Tune In Here

Member, GSP Dancers

Gunney: Lissunin ta GSP mayukz me wanna play... wut bettah reezun duz enee wun need?

Originally posted by ValliKat
    Very well written. The following is my one editorial comment. I hope that it will not detract from the fact that I think your peice is very good. I just make the comment because you asked for the input as to your English:

English is a really weird language with really weird rules. Still it amazes me that so many who have English as a second (or even third) language have a better mastery of it than some who have it as a first. Anyway, here is my one editorial comment. We would say "twenty-foot" instead of "twenty-feet" in the context in which you used it. However with feet being the plural of foot it would make sense the way you used it, but like I said English is a weird language. We would say the creature was twenty feet tall, but conversely, it was a twenty-foot creature.

Carry on.
    Which is why we should all speak Uwenish. It makes far more sense, has far fewer words and is therefore much easier to understand.
    Bliqz: "anything Uwen says is a vicious and ugly lie"

Originally posted by Uwen

Which is why we should all speak Uwenish. It makes far more sense, has far fewer words and is therefore much easier to understand.

A lesson in Uwenish:

rumrumrumdumbum = Lo' all, I've just established com-link to guild frequency.

----

To the poet... very well done. Please take vixentrox up on her invitation to visit www.whispers-edge.com
    -

The storms show her pain... electric coated tears that reflect her sorrow... lava boils from the heat of her

rage... we are one and the same.... She is my Rubi-Ka and I am her nanomage ....

Very nice work! Please share more whenever you like!

((And English is a very odd language indeed :-\ I'm not too sure on the Uwenish though :P ))

Jassel

Dumb Teacher, ;)

Hi Vallikat

thanks for proving me right

When i wrote the poem i actually sat in an english lesson and i got confused by that very word. At first i wrote "foot" but i was kinda unsure of it so I asked my teacher after the class if it was right...

And guess what the answer was, LoL, Id better not make fun of her if I wanna keep my grades...

Thanks for the interest Nunia, You can contact me or any angel in game. You can also go to www.sweetharmony.org and fill out an app there. Once again, thanks for the work, and I hope to meet you soon!!!!!

To Boglwe

Actually i have already sent a form to you It was just named Korsa instead, but if you are on about and hour from now i can give you a ingame tell, if you are considering me, as a potential member

Sure, I think so, if not, Dooley is there as well, And yes, we have that Applictaion and have been looking for Korsa, thanks, see ya soon