Thread: Does money/xp slider work??

Does money/xp slider work??

I was playing around with the money/xp slider over the last few days and when i analyzed the missions i didn't see much of a difference over the price that the missions paid for either setting. Other then differences in distances i thought that the money seemed almost the same, so heres what i did.

I needed a place where i knew they would give me the exact same mission as many times as i asked for it. I rerolled a ner character and went to the newb terminals to try it. I set difficulty to 50% money to max and all other to the middle. result a mission which gave me 102 creds and 19 xp. Kept all the settings the same except switched to full XP instead of money. the results a mission which gave me 102 creds and 19 xp the EXACT same as with full money. Now maybe this is like this because of the fact it was the newb terminals but seems to be weird they would have a different set of rules for all the terminals.

This leads me to wonder if ANY of the sliders actually work. The only difference i have found in changing slider settings is the type of missions you predominantly get. ie assassination find item find person....

Bad Boy

Set the slider to full bad and full money that will get you the most creds. Also it doesn't make a remarkable difference at lower lvls but at 36 middle settings all about 6k full bad and full money about 12k
    "Evil must be opposed."

"When you take someone's life, you lose a part of your own as well"

"Killing's the worst thing I've ever had to do."

Yeah i just went a did a test on a higher lvl account at the regular terminals and turns out full xp gives about 1/2 as much creds as full cash. Just makes me wonder why it doesn't work in the new terminals.

Red face Yes

The slider does work. It is not a one for one conversion. You will not get a lot of experience for a mission reward. In fact, with the last patch, it has gotten very difficult to blitz a mission. If you want experience from a mission, my advice is to kill the monsters.

Arrow

About the noobs terminal: as far as I remember, it gives you the same mission, whatever the sliders setting.

For the other terminals, xp/cash definitely works. At 100% XP, you get no cash, at 100% cash, you get, well not no XP, but little and mostly cash.

Now, you (almost?) never want to put it elsewhere than 100% cash, because you get 99% of the XP of a mission by killing the mobs - and if you dont kill them you dont get the cash/xp/token at all - which is less true for cash.