Thread: Adventurers wayyyyyyyyy overdue for a redo

Adventurers wayyyyyyyyy overdue for a redo

Adventurers are wayyyyyyyyy overdue for a redo

We have a nice Sticky Thread on our adventurer profession board, asking for our input.

.. we submitted our wish lists ... which I think were filed ... err somewhere

PUHLEEEEZE we are patient people, but if you solicit our input, at least give us a timeline.

Our class is gimpy, we aren't in demand for groups, our PVP sucks, our nanos are mostly under-powered, except healing. Our damage output is bad.

Most of us have spent our IP unwisely since we were originally supposed to be the masters of Pistols.

Making FA 3297's Adventurer only would have solved the problem.

The new Adventurer only Explorer pistol is crap, as is the new FA 4200 (not in game yet).

Of course now nearly everyone is carrying Riders, so putting in FA's won't help them. Nut they still have crap damage output. What gives?

We need ADV only pistols and 1he that do decent damage and don't have funny requirements, ie. heavy weapons or Energy Damage. Either that or lower our costs in those areas.

Also make stuff easier for us to dual wield .. thank you.

(BUMP)
    ~I am the Virtual Virus

bump for the advents.. I feel sorry for you guys getting knocked down the list by the agents

Bump to.

However i dont think that if FC brings FA back they going to make it Adventurer only because . High Q FAs says that they was maked for agents

Todays AC system are not friendly to any low damage fast weapons. That are the biggest problem IMO
    Cyrus "Makarov" Scola (so called creator of never released Kamikazebots)

Kids= 30sec pleasure +18years of suffering.
    Al Bundy

BY WAFFEN:
    The entire free-trade community from North, Central and South America, along with the EU and the rest of Europe, Russia, the former Soviet States, India, Communist China and the rest of Asia along with industrialized Africa (mainly S. Africa) all know what slag is, and use that term regularly.
    So just what culture is being offended by the term "slag"?

re

It's gotten past the point of Angry.

Angry was what Advents where feeling back in August.

Now the Anger has subsided, and I think the proper descriptive word would be "Neglect"

hmmm

I thought the Adventurer was supposed to be like the jack-of-all-trades and the master of none.

New Morphs...

What I'd really like is to be able to morph into a RollerRat. with lik ea +100 run speed or something and a bonus to perception.

Meik

reet form already gives you +200 speed

Rollerat morph would be interesting (and annoying) morph, but we already have a speed buff in reet form.

I have not clue what rollerat form would do I think giving better bonuses to our existing morphs and damage shields would be dandy.

Also an IP reset for all of the gimped adventurers would help a bunch.

Unhappy Ridiculous fighting

I actually like being an adventurer. A few weeks back I almost sold my account and walked away from AO forever. Luckily, many of my friends on AO sent me tells to ask me to stay. I am staying but I am doing something new (I need a change of pace).

Soloing for an adventurer is terrible, and it only gets worse as you level. Even in Calia's Pit Lizard morph I can barely handle a green mob. Of course I can't change to a Pit Lizard inside, so I am fighting as a saber tooth. All of my equipment is QL200, my weapon QL200, but I can't do a 40% mission alone.

I haven't played my adventurer for a while now. I have made a n00b NT and will probaly have him up to 150 before Funcom fixes the adventurer. I am very happy for the agents, I am glad they are next on the list. I just also hope that Funcom has identified that adventurers also are in dire need of some attention. =)

Give us 1HE Adv only weapons, give us pistols, give us something where we can do some decent damage. I don't want to be an enforcer, but when I am barely surviving a battle with a barely green mob at level 158, something is dead wrong. What is my purpose going to be in the 'final battle'? Am I just going to turn into a 'dragon' and scare people away?

Simpkin
    RK2 Omni Adventurer (lvl 158)
    Omni Tek Wolf Pack

re

I just want the class to play like the description FUNCOM posted says it should.

Hrrrrrrrrrmph.

Well, hey, we can only pray that they decide to change it back, eh?

I admit agents need a fix or two. Heck, most classes do. But sticking them in front of adventurers?

My adventurer can't solo an even con easily at all, is a fairly good healer, but is bad in all other aspects. Adventurers are poor at missions, soloing, grouping, pvp, pvm... their only positive note is being a good backup healer. They need the fix the worst, and should be given high priority by all means.

I play an enforcer now, and I can solo a fairly red mob (can solo about level 110 or so, at level 87...), and I'm not nearly as good as it gets, by any means. Adventurer's have a problem, and because they are nearly unplayable, should be addressed FAR faster than agents...

Besides, agents get our nanos right? I admit that FP: Adventurer is fairly useless except for leet form concealment buffage, but... hey, maybe if they actually fix the adventurer class, it will help agents too, right? ;-D

I'll bump that, but the 14.2 does sound promising. As a matter of fact I restarted my canceled account last night and started getting ready. Only problem I see is that I will have to reset all my skills and put my advent on ice until I see what kind of changes (1 he weapons are added) and what skills it will take to use them.
    Sinclare
    LV 63 Adventurer
    RubiKa2

Bumping, we want timetables on ALL patches, in the future. Just guess, if nothing else - not like I expect it to come when it's supposed to, but I'd like to know if the advent fix is coming in 3 weeks or 3 months...

Thumbs down RE

You guys can say THAT again. I posted a thread like thisone in the Next Patch forum, I think, prolly the wrong place.

I wrote there that I heard people say that FC is fixing Engineers and MA's first. Sure, many many people play these, but HELLO?! they have NO probs with much anything. Atleast not from my POV.

I also wrote that Adv mobs are one of the hardest I've met, even more of a pain in the $$ than NT mobs. I barely survived a yellow adv mob. I had no nano, and 30-50 hp left. And then I had spent 30 secs going out to recharge nano too. (During which the adv healed up to 75% hp ;P)

Anyway ... yes a TIMELINE WOULD BE NICE. We want to know if and when this patch comes, and the ideas you already have for it. I know people who might take a lynch break soon :P, and some who might leave. They feel ignored, neglected...

When do you plan this patch???

bump

fix us! we need help! we are weak and feeble :P actually im doing ok with the BBI's but that won't last. i thought that maybe something that converted them to cold dmg? it doesn't get used much and a lot of armours are weak against it.
    Maybe you could mech eng for it... adv's do get it greenish, (which i only noticed at level 60 :P)

Cool not cold...

we need FIRE!!! FIRE!!!

gotta burn some...

uhhh...ok....preservers....

no fire in the forest....uhhh....ok....

NONOOOOOO

seriously we need some modification to BBIs...
    (well we need LOTS of modifications to almost everything in our profession...but that would be a start)
    my rerolling squad (what s IPR? )
    Celebnor, Balbanes, Lacaan, Ignetos, Hadouken, Icehilda, Icementat and the late Seregnor

if you ever met one.....well...nevermind

bump bump

A friend of mine has a lvl 138 Adventurer that tried to PvP a buddy's lvl 89 MP. His Adventurer died horribly, the darned MPs life never really dipped at all, do to the nice heal pet, the mez paet and the attack pet. His MP buddy nuked him once just out of spite.

Adventurers are way gimpped.

Exclamation

bzzzt
    my rerolling squad (what s IPR? )
    Celebnor, Balbanes, Lacaan, Ignetos, Hadouken, Icehilda, Icementat and the late Seregnor

if you ever met one.....well...nevermind