Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Adventurers are wayyyyyyyyy overdue for a redo

Re: Heal the thread! Quick! (bump I mean)

Originally posted by AdvClown
    Give us a timeline! Tell us ahead what you are planning to revive the profession! NO SURPRISES PLEASE... I don't like tricky treats if you see what I mean... MA being fixed before: yes that's fine there isn't much to do about 'em. But fixers and adv's then - adv before or not, don't care. But the NT's and Agents??? I - N - S - U - L - T - I - N - G!!! Not only that, but we got lied to... Thx for telling us bull**** about fixing orders, Cosmik... (We gotta ***** and whine to get attention, right? So that's what I'm doing now)
    You ask for a timeline and then complain when they get it wrong. Things change, priorities change. It's no wonder FC is so reluctant to give us any kind of schedule since all we do is whine if they have to change it.

Meik
    da suave leet

I want RELIABLE feedback that's all. Since we got pushed back I want to know why and I don't mind whining anymore.
    _When the going gets uber, the leet goes flirting...

Order of priority

The following is my official list of professions in order of which needs the most help:

1. Adventurers
    2. Adventurers (because they could never fit all the improvements we need on a single patch.
    3. Adventurers (see #2)
    4. Fixers
    5. Adventurers (See #2)

And last but not least...

6. Adventurers (See #2)

- Memo to non-Adventurers....Mind your own business & leave us alone...Go wash your pet or something.

Well adventurers are an ok class overall. The problems they have mainly begin to rear their ugly head as Mob AC increases dramatically as we level...which reduces the effectiveness of fast/soft hitting, relatively consistent, low crit weapons. The main reason why you'd want to use the fast/softer hitting weapons is to deal constant and consistent damage without drawing much agro from the slow/hard hitting weapon users. Adventurers have a plethora of weapons using sneak attack skill...but these weapons aren't viable due to the nerfs done to concealment. Fix concealment and weapons using sneak attack will become viable again.

Adventurers, MAs, and Fixers all suffer from getting min damage on mobs due to their high AC...rallying for the overequiping fix and a major nerf to mob Initiatives, mob AC,and possibly even mob min damage(possibly too high might not need to be changed though if mob initiatives are looked at more closely) would help with the min damage you constantly see when firing pistols, one handed edge attacks, fist attacks or firing smg.

Exclamation why agents should come first

Originally posted by Woho
    Its a puzzle to me why Agents should come before Advs.... Why is there always so much focus on the agents?
    Speaking as a level 47 Adventurer, even I think the Agents should come first.

They can't hide. A class built on concealment can't hide.

Geno

Post Not that trivial

Hi Genoz.

I would like to disagree. Before throwing in some personal experience I would like to refer to Gaute's article Soloing and Teaming (the conclusions), expecially the following paragraph [ff]
    Then we start changing. Let me take sneaking as an example: We have found that some people were able to sneak level 200 missions at level 112(!). We found that others had difficulties sneaking missions at lower levels than themselves, even if they had 2k in Sneak(!). We also found that even though they could sneak, many Agents preferred to sneak as far as they could, and when discovered, put on a Soldier Reflect Shield and blitzed the rest.
    I am Adv, my Sneak skill is mid blue. I raised it to 275 at level 67 right now (lots of IP). Putting on Expertise (+20), Leet (+200), and Cloaking device (+116?) the skill jumps above the 600 border. [Still looking for some higher ql Cloaking device]
    With these settings I can sneak 1.2 missions without major problems, 1.3 missions are on the edge - sometimes yes, sometimes no. To be honest, this is exactly what I consider fair. I am no master of this, but can use it. I expect this to get harder the higher I get, but I level slow.
    Sneaking changed (as described in Gaute's article) significantly. I does not longer function in the way, that you can easily walk through a whole mission area, even when you are detected. Especially when you are spotted you usually have to zone. But one can manage it.
    I expect an Agent of exquivalent level with all the possibilites he has (green skill = 100 points more for less IP; Ruse line of nanos; foreign profession nanos) to get very much higher than I can (1000+?). With these values he/she should be able to sneak much higher difficulty missions than I can. So, I doubt that this skill is not functional. Maybe I am wrong.

Btw. the highest damage per single hit I ever inflicted was 525 with a crit from my Desert Reet ql76 - most Agents wouldn't regard this as damage. And in PvP their Aimed shot always works ... .

So long,

Max(imilian)
    100% curious

Thumbs down

FC should start playing a normal character... begin at lvl 1 and going up... then they would see what was the problem they didn't understand on lvl 300...

Yes we got a lvl 200 cap, but they cheat their way up to lvl 300 and nerf all out from what their characters can do then...

It's kinda sad really...

I personally have an agent friend who was sneaking missions around level 110 at level 80. This wouldn't be amazingly impressive if it were not for the fact that he had sneaking about 2/3 maxed, and did not use a cloaking device. With all the works, he could easily sneak a 140 I imagine. When was the last time an 80 advent did a 140 mission? I'll warrant never.

Additionally, thats the only point brought up of why agents need a makeover... sneaking? That isn't worthy of patch dedication.

Thumbs up Heh!

...Damn right!

Hell Yeah

As a MA I can honestly say that Advent's need LOVE NEXT!!!! I only know one advent my level these days (150 plus) and that is just plain sad. Currently Agents ahve it made and have had it made for a long time. Are they perfect no but jeeeez the advent prof is dieing out. Least MA's can solo.

Fix The ADVENT'S NEXT!!!!!!
    Takuan
    Future Sword Saint of Rubi-Ka
    Martial Artist
    Storm

Unhappy Head in hands

Daily Bump, back tomorrow
    Member of First Light (EG)

Owner of the Thong of Power

TEH SEXXAY SEXXAY AVEDTU..ADVTERN...ANDEVTURE...EXPLORER

Takuan

Thx Takuan at last another to say yes u need help!
    Generally some pet jerk would show up to tell us we need to shut up or sumfin' j/k

Man I'm burning through my nano rechargers with this darn buff!

Casting Help Bump Growth within NCU

You were healed by bump post

Damn you funcom, DAMN YOU!!!
    Veteran Homer "Detonate" McDuff - My Equipment
    -= First Order =-

First Order is one of the largest and most powerful Omni-Tek Departments located on Rubi-Ka 1. If you are a dedicated Omni-Tek employee looking for superior opportunities within the company, check out http://www.firstorder.net/ and apply for a position today!
    First Order is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on Breed, Level, or Profession.

WHY MMORPG'S SUCK!

AGENT v ADVENT

LOL agents need a fix before adventurers, you cannot possibly know one then, or if you do he/she really doesn't understand the game dynamics.

One of my best buddies in this game is a lvl 84 agent, and I'm a lvl 81 adv, he can crit for 8.9k on a red mob in missions using( ok a lot of implants and FP MA for SG)
    He likes me to join him teams when he can't find a good doc, when i do team with him, I'm not doing the same amount of damage over time that lower lvl MPs/ENGs are doing by a HUGE margin.

Adv really need a fix or perhaps the crappy damage that pistols do needs a fix, either way, we are not a linier character, we don't have one field of expertise, I can except that, but we shouldn't have to suck at everything at the expense of being broad based.

Typical adv just having lvled ,need to use better weapons, so we pour in the ip, ah but then we need to pour ip into nano+aiding skils to use our (adv only) nanos, wich cost big time when you nano=aiding skils are blue or light blue

An NT for example has green nano skills as they are their primary weapons, so why does funcom start us off with a pistol, and green pistol skill, then make nearly all the other ranged skills blue or dark blue. ans some of you think we don't really need a fix! ROFL
    walk a mile in these shoes freind then tell me

Caloss2
    lvl81 adv

Lightbulb Oooooooh now I get it!

So you say agents need a fix first so they won't be able to crit for 8.9K at lvl 80ish? j/k

Re: bump

Originally posted by Ymodem-G
    FIX US
    Couldn't have said it better, boss.

Re: AGENT v ADVENT

Originally posted by caloss2
    Adv really need a fix or perhaps the crappy damage that pistols do needs a fix, either way, we are not a linier character, we don't have one field of expertise, I can except that, but we shouldn't have to suck at everything at the expense of being broad based.
    Don't get me wrong. I'm suffering from the doubled AC / minimum damage bug too, and I know Adventurers need lovin' fast, but I can solo if I need to, and Adventurers are all about soloing, archetypically speaking.

I just feel bad for people whose archetype is sneaking but are still visible when hidden and show up in a TAB-scan.

Geno

Exclamation Hmm... So you want your pistols to be Uber??

I don't see this as the answer. Part of the reason, AFAIK, why they Nerfed FAs was that they had become the overwhelming choice for everyone!!!. I know because I played when they were the "Uber pistol". I had an Adv and a Soldier that both used them.

So if you make any ONE Weapon superior then there will just be a scramble to acquire that weapon. Otherwise they would have to make all pistols have higher damage. Which would be a great advantage at lower levels and less of one as you progress.

I feel like the best route would be to make some nano changes. I like the idea of making "Flurry of Feathers" Free-Flight. The healing nanos should be easier to load - maybe this just means making more of our Nano skills require less IP. I think we should be almost a good as a Doc when I comes to healing. And that fits the general skills that have already been emphasized for our prof.

What some of you are not taking into consideration is that many of us chose Melee weapons over Pistols. I personally chose Pistols the first round. But after the nerfs surrounding the FAs that character became "unviable". At level 22 I could normally kill greys - "Maybe". So I quit playing the Adv. Then my brother, who used to share this account with me, rolled and Atrox Adv using Melee. I eventually took over that character when my brother became disqusted and quit. I found that by level 70 the Atrox was just too far behind on Nano skills to work anymore. And guess with prof of NPC I feared the most??.... Adventurers!! Because they all had better damage shields! So I rerolled again and chose Solitus. Now I still can't load up most nanos until I'm 2 levels above the QL of the Nano - or more. But at least I'm "on par" with most MOBs - and I save my "punny" Dimach for the higher level Traders and Advs with higher level damage shields. So I should be able to continue to solo missions for a while.

BTW - Riders are not my weapons of choice. I prefer "damage over time" and use Merchants and keep my Sense, Agility and Melee Initiative high. The only problem is that "Flurry of Blows" is bugged. As it drops my Melee Init by -150 until I zone about every 3rd time I use it. If they would just just fix some of the other stuff I could get by for a while. (Yeah "fat chance" of that ever happening!! FunCom only seems to know how to NURF!!)

Bump

F
    I
    X

U
    S

W
    E

H
    A
    V
    E