Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Adventurers are wayyyyyyyyy overdue for a redo

Angry Adventurers are wayyyyyyyyy overdue for a redo

We have a nice Sticky Thread on our adventurer profession board, asking for our input.

.. we submitted our wish lists ... which I think were filed ... err somewhere

PUHLEEEEZE we are patient people, but if you solicit our input, at least give us a timeline.

Our class is gimpy, we aren't in demand for groups, our PVP sucks, our nanos are mostly under-powered, except healing. Our damage output is bad.

Most of us have spent our IP unwisely since we were originally supposed to be the masters of Pistols.

Making FA 3297's Adventurer only would have solved the problem.

The new Explorer pistol is crap, as is the new FA 4200 (not in game yet).

Now nearly everyone is carrying Riders, but they still have crap damage output. What gives?

Bump, but I think order should be Fixers, Adventurers, MAs then Agents (since they intend to fix something for them).

BUMP

I don't mind if Adventurers aren't the first ones to get a little loving. But, we were promised to be next after MA's. Now we're after MA's and Agents. I'm sure Fixers need attention too so I foresee Adv's getting dropped again. And then there are the other classes. Hmm...

Psyphen

Three simple things they could do to make our live easier not take that long to implement (Just changing some values)

1! Make Flurry of Feathers(the Lvl two Reet Nano) SELF verson let us fly(So we can fly around 10 lvls after MP's which would be mostly fair)

2! As we are all using riders mostly make Heavy Weapons maybe a darkish blue not dark blue skill(like how our fast attack is)

3! Give us something to make money like thouse multi melee buffs

Prehaps

Left Hand-Right hand (8 NCU) +25 to muti skills(ranged and melee multi)

Off Handed Master (20 NCU) +50 to Multi skills

And for BOB sake make Braw something other than dark blue!( maybe light blue for dimach?)

Respecfily Mr B
    lvl 68 Adv RK1

WAIT!!!

Where does it officially say that Agents are after MA's????

No!!! ADV was schedualed to be after MA's

I have stopped playing my lvl 69 adv in hopes of a speedy fix and better game playing.. this betted Agent fix had better not be true or I may have to quit and hold my breath for Star Wars Galaxies
    Ok so why?????How so??? Or maybe what? Stay tuned!

Re: WAIT!!!

Originally posted by IronIce
    Where does it officially say that Agents are after MA's????

No!!! ADV was schedualed to be after MA's

I have stopped playing my lvl 69 adv in hopes of a speedy fix and better game playing.. this betted Agent fix had better not be true or I may have to quit and hold my breath for Star Wars Galaxies
    Here's what Gaute Godager, Game Director, said about what's coming up:

"...The next profession we are improving in ability is the Martial Artist. After that we do the Agent again, and then most likely the Adventurer - maybe the Nano-Technician? (There, I mentioned it ..."

So, Adv's are "most likely" 3rd in line with NT's possibly replacing us and pushing us to 4th. But then, there's other stuff that I didn't quote which might mean Adv's continue to get bumped down.

Read the whole post:

http://www.anarchyonline.com/content...articles/2140L

Psyphen

AAAAAARRRGHHHH!!!!
    Ok so why?????How so??? Or maybe what? Stay tuned!

Adventurers and MAs are victims of the same damage formula that is slanted heavily against fast weapons with low maximum damage. FC hasn't said what they plan to do to help MAs but if they change the way AC effects the damage formula it will help Adventurers also.
    We can only wait... and wait....

Re: Adventurers are wayyyyyyyyy overdue for a redo

Originally posted by Gaspard
    We have a nice Sticky Thread on our adventurer profession board, asking for our input.

.. we submitted our wish lists ... which I think were filed ... err somewhere

PUHLEEEEZE we are patient people, but if you solicit our input, at least give us a timeline.

Our class is gimpy, we aren't in demand for groups, our PVP sucks, our nanos are mostly under-powered, except healing. Our damage output is bad.

Most of us have spent our IP unwisely since we were originally supposed to be the masters of Pistols.

Making FA 3297's Adventurer only would have solved the problem.

The new Explorer pistol is crap, as is the new FA 4200 (not in game yet).

Now nearly everyone is carrying Riders, but they still have crap damage output. What gives?

Bump

You had your redo when Adv's got a green multi-range skill. It may not be much but it's what Funcom gave ya. Back to the end of the line and wait your turn. Fixer's are up next I think.

Did u guys see the new soldier pistols in 13.6 ?

Versus the new ADV pistols ?

Funcom ? Do u hate ADVs or are u telling us we should not be playing this profession ?

Originally posted by Rockpitt
    You had your redo when Adv's got a green multi-range skill. It may not be much but it's what Funcom gave ya. Back to the end of the line and wait your turn. Fixer's are up next I think.
    Fixers already got something in 13.6. Grid armor, chem Maussers... it's our turn now.

The soldier pistols must be a bug... I don't think pistol-using soldiers exist.

Could it be any more obvious that FC thinks Adventurers don't matter at all? Ok kick me in the face while im down again I love it. NOT!

Well, i think i will reroll and play a doc from now on... which means in a team i will do the same as i do now... only a lot better of course...
    Ken "Stokeley" Capo - Account Created: 2001-06-28 18:39:03

Men should be judged, not by their tint of skin,
    The Gods they serve, the Vintage that they drink,
    Nor by the way they fight, or love, or sin,
    But by the quality of thought they think.

Its a puzzle to me why Agents should come before Advs. Advs who are not atrox w/ beams will deal no damage... Combat morphs are either useless or bugged. *sigh* Why is there always so much focus on the agents?
    Emitter Bureaucrat
    Astolpho Keeper
    Ancarim Iron Legion - RK1

/me still thinks a plant morph would be ideal to get adv's a purpose in teams again Who wouldn't want to bring a mobile deployable turret in his group?
    Corine "Lifedelite" Harrist - 198 clan doc - Rimor - President of EcoDisaster <---- semi-retired
    Angel "Speeddragon" Dust - 74 clan Fix - Rimor - EcoDisaster <---- semi-fanatic
    Fighter "Reflekt" Gunz - 169 clan Sol - Rimor - EcoDisaster <---- I like Guns! equipment

Angry BUMP

Got to keep this bumped up.

Ignorance

Originally posted by Rockpitt
    Obviously you don't play an Adventurer. This post shows your ignorance to our issues. Read the board pertaining to the profession before you make a comment like this.

But then again, thanks for the bump.

(flojojojo|level 158 adventurer|rk2|sartan.epoch)

Arrow Info:

Actual character numbers no doubt affect the order of fixes, and MAs are the most populous class in AO. There are usually smaller tweaks each patch, some of which may help other classes (and, of course, some of which might hinder other classes).

Many issues with classes could be fixed by fixing weapon balance, and I'd vote this is done sooner than any class specific fixes, but hey, any fixes are better than nothing :-)

Any game system based on classes is never going to be 100% balanced. Won't happen, not possible. But there are still thing that could be done in AO to improve matters.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast