Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Adventurers are wayyyyyyyyy overdue for a redo

Angry now what does this mean?

you told em to fix us and see what happened?

the new "feature" of the BBI pistols(dual wielding with a sword) was "BUG" and it will be removed in the tomorrow s patch...

it was even WORKING anim-wise and only the fast att and brawl were bugged when doing it.....so why is it a BUG that should be removed so urgently?

they really hate us all who try to stick to their advents after lv50....they sooo hate us.....
    my rerolling squad (what s IPR? )
    Celebnor, Balbanes, Lacaan, Ignetos, Hadouken, Icehilda, Icementat and the late Seregnor

if you ever met one.....well...nevermind

Bump

Bump!

I'm just hoping that the eventual solution takes into account the massive variety of weapons Adv's have been forced to use by not having a specific line of weaponry meant for them. I'm not sure how FC can deal with this. I currently use Riders, so I'd love to see some of their reqs not quite so dark blue. But, while I know there are tons of Rider swinging Adv's, there are also plenty who carry pistols, shotguns, etc. So how do you solve this problem without an IP reset?

Sarelron

Agreed. Adventurers NEED changes in 14.0

Exclamation so far,so good,so what?

we simply need a RE-DO along with an ip reset

older advents REALLY deserve this because they spent lots of ip on a skill that changed colour later

and the more "younger" advents like me were forced to use everykind of weaponry till they practically wasted tons of ip and went for a re-roll sometime

my current adv i call v3.0 (v3.3 would be more precise though)

and i got some certain skills over 200 that turned out to be useless because of FC s constant inabilty to provide a reliable solution to our situation(and my "pioneering" attitude )

even if the ip wipe doesnt come anytime soon, the adv class needs a total makeover of the skill chart and a total re-evaluation of nanoformulas available to the profession plus introducing new nanolines and/or extending the current ones (buffs/attackspells/roots) and even dualwield/morph special attacks

(more than enough ideas are floating around in the adventurer profession forums, ideas by people who PLAY this profession, by people who spent their days trying to survive on this harsh planet.....it s FC s job to realise these ideas)

(and yes i m still very unhappy with the idea that i m going to lose my abilty to dual wield a gun and a sword tomorrow........having a skill at 380 and 3 others over 200 that will be useless tomorrow doesnt make me happy a bit not counting it was something i wanted to do from day1 and i m someone playing for style not rawpower-which hurts even more cause i ll be losing that certain "style" )
    Celebnor, Balbanes, Lacaan, Ignetos, Hadouken, Icehilda, Icementat and the late Seregnor

Re: so far,so good,so what?

Originally posted by Lacaan
    we simply need a RE-DO along with an ip reset

older advents REALLY deserve this because they spent lots of ip on a skill that changed colour later

and the more "younger" advents like me were forced to use everykind of weaponry till they practically wasted tons of ip and went for a re-roll sometime

my current adv i call v3.0 (v3.3 would be more precise though)

and i got some certain skills over 200 that turned out to be useless because of FC s constant inabilty to provide a reliable solution to our situation(and my "pioneering" attitude )

even if the ip wipe doesnt come anytime soon, the adv class needs a total makeover of the skill chart and a total re-evaluation of nanoformulas available to the profession plus introducing new nanolines and/or extending the current ones (buffs/attackspells/roots) and even dualwield/morph special attacks

(more than enough ideas are floating around in the adventurer profession forums, ideas by people who PLAY this profession, by people who spent their days trying to survive on this harsh planet.....it s FC s job to realise these ideas)

(and yes i m still very unhappy with the idea that i m going to lose my abilty to dual wield a gun and a sword tomorrow........having a skill at 380 and 3 others over 200 that will be useless tomorrow doesnt make me happy a bit not counting it was something i wanted to do from day1 and i m someone playing for style not rawpower-which hurts even more cause i ll be losing that certain "style" )
    I, for one, have seen this "Multi Melee 0" on many weapons after being introduced for the first time, and then it was changed shortly after. I thought it was pretty obvious to everybody who's played this game through the last few patches that this was a bug, used for testing, etc. Practically -- why would Funcom put a Multi Ranged AND Multi Melee requirement on a GUN? Again, I say it seemed pretty obvious to me to be temporary. I'm sorry you started to invest in skills to use this combination

I agree -- we need a make over. It's sad that I can get essentially the same attack bonuses from two Title Level 4 or 5 Rings of Power (Add +whatever to <your damage type here>) than I can from my top morphs, minus the attack bonus, which I can do without if I don't have to lag and "huff-and-puff" while shooting a gun in cat form, along with -100 runspeed. But nevermind the attack bonus even, I can't stand using morphs because I get seasick from all the bobbing up and down. Which is why we need a way to get the attack bonuses from morphs without actually morphing -- MORPHING IS NOT APPROPRIATE FOR EVERY SITUATION!

I love when people argue that Adventurer's are not wannabe Doctors by saying "you have morphs!". LOL! I'd like to tell a Soldier or Agent or whatever "Okay -- don't run ANY of your buffs, and I'm gonna morph you so you can see what my 'buff' does, since other than this, all I have is the general +20 buffs!"

They'd laugh, surely, and have a different impression about Adventurers.

We're already considered a free frag in PvP. Actually a few Apprentice PvPers I hang out with regularly said today that with the exception of myself (using a shotgun), every Adventurer on RK2 is considered a free frag

This is not good.
    ....flojojojo | 220/17 vanguard, rimor's first 200 adventurer | equip | perks
    ..outtatime | 190/3 fixer

playing wow (pyrelight, 70 priest on uther server, alliance)
    retired from rubi-ka

Bump.

Either make our green weapon skills viable or give us green in things that are. That would help. Not to say that we don't need a general overhaul, but it's a bit sad that the only real success-type stories are coming from people using weapons that utilize dark blue skills (or in some cases several regular blue).

Bump (what else)

I know im a free frag floe. this does not make me happy funcom *wink, wink*

Re: Re: so far,so good,so what?

Originally posted by fl0w_

But nevermind the attack bonus even, I can't stand using morphs because I get seasick from all the bobbing up and down.

That bobbing up and down is possible to turn off in the "options" menu...

Re: Re: Re: so far,so good,so what?

Originally posted by Flapsie

That bobbing up and down is possible to turn off in the "options" menu...
    But the annoying part is... if u turn the camera to "no bob", then when u sit and stand.. u'll be moving in "slow motion"...

That was why I eventually learnt who to "ignore" the violent camera movements during fights .... by concentrating on the combat spam report and the hp bars of me + mob.

Um I will say this to all the whiny advents out there (already said to the whiny agents)

Green skills is what you COULD use, not what you HAVE TO use. Advents have pistols and 1he as green skills, but there are tons of other skills you can use too.

Shotgun? pure shotgun will be cheaper than pistol+fling+burst and hit for way more. or go with a shotgun+fling variation once you reach high lvls.

AR. This is a light blue skill and some of you FA pistol ppl used dark blue LRE, why not use it with an AR like Nova or a Heavy Gamma Beamer.

Rifle? I seen some advent rifle users (kinda funny cause agents are crying how much they suck haha)

Advents do need fixing no doubt about that. I play both an agent and an adventurer, I like those A-grade classes *wink*. Things you should complain about is your healing. The range is just horrible. Another thing to complain about is AC/Damage shields and morphs--->as in you don't get an attack booster/buff unless you morph or get good ac bonus unless u morph, but your BEST morph is outdoor only, that sucks for missions, doesnt it.

I disagree on the whole melee thing for a game 30000 years in the future, so I never tried that, nor will I, can't comment much on advt weapons, I know about them, some arent bad, but weapons are all in what you choose. If you want to be uber don't go with "what I am supposed to" because NO ONE says what your supposed, green skills are just what you MIGHT want to do.

Good luck, doesnt matter to me if advent or agents get fixed first, since they are both my chars.

PS - run buffs - um why only 100 and that's it - morphs shouldnt incorporate so many buffs inside them, as we can't always morph. Also some morphs shouldnt have - runspeed. Um can i ask you want the fastest land animal is? A CAT. Why is the cat line decreasing speed. I should be running like a MOFO!!!

Yes

Originally posted by Canidy
    Um I will say this to all the whiny advents out there (already said to the whiny agents)

Green skills is what you COULD use, not what you HAVE TO use. Advents have pistols and 1he as green skills, but there are tons of other skills you can use too.

Shotgun? pure shotgun will be cheaper than pistol+fling+burst and hit for way more. or go with a shotgun+fling variation once you reach high lvls.

AR. This is a light blue skill and some of you FA pistol ppl used dark blue LRE, why not use it with an AR like Nova or a Heavy Gamma Beamer.

Rifle? I seen some advent rifle users (kinda funny cause agents are crying how much they suck haha)

Advents do need fixing no doubt about that. I play both an agent and an adventurer, I like those A-grade classes *wink*. Things you should complain about is your healing. The range is just horrible. Another thing to complain about is AC/Damage shields and morphs--->as in you don't get an attack booster/buff unless you morph or get good ac bonus unless u morph, but your BEST morph is outdoor only, that sucks for missions, doesnt it.

I disagree on the whole melee thing for a game 30000 years in the future, so I never tried that, nor will I, can't comment much on advt weapons, I know about them, some arent bad, but weapons are all in what you choose. If you want to be uber don't go with "what I am supposed to" because NO ONE says what your supposed, green skills are just what you MIGHT want to do.

Good luck, doesnt matter to me if advent or agents get fixed first, since they are both my chars.

PS - run buffs - um why only 100 and that's it - morphs shouldnt incorporate so many buffs inside them, as we can't always morph. Also some morphs shouldnt have - runspeed. Um can i ask you want the fastest land animal is? A CAT. Why is the cat line decreasing speed. I should be running like a MOFO!!!
    You're right, to an extent.

I don't want to be uber. If my green skills were usable by a weapon that did enough damage to allow me to solo and contribute decent damage to a group, than I'd use that weapon. But our green skills support sub-standard weapons. So we are forced to use dark blue or light blue skills if we want to be anything other than a major gimp.

The major advantage, and the real reason we want to see either 1) our green skills changed to something else/more green skills added or 2) better weapons that use our current green skills introduced is because by using a green weapons skill, by level 200, i believe it amounts to ending up with a 1000 attack unbuffed as opposed to an 800ish attack on a dark-blue skill.

Big difference.
    ....flojojojo | 220/17 vanguard, rimor's first 200 adventurer | equip | perks
    ..outtatime | 190/3 fixer

playing wow (pyrelight, 70 priest on uther server, alliance)
    retired from rubi-ka

u tell em, floe

Bumpity dumpity doooo

My biggest concern is being able to contribute something to groups and guild - as it is nobody will really give me the time of day now (has nothing to do with my personality or breath).

essences and shotguns

ok dude... so you mean agents&advents should ALSO use shotties like everyone else in the game.....i didnt know i bought "shotgun online" when i got AO.....

Which is why we need a way to get the attack bonuses from morphs without actually morphing -- MORPHING IS NOT APPROPRIATE FOR EVERY SITUATION!
    yup we seriously need "essence of sabretooth" type of nanoline
    make it misonly,make it tradeskill only,make it selfcast only ..just make it and dont have godly reqs on it(READ FC READ)

if we think about an advent that wants to have ALL of his nanos, that guy will have to raise every skill out there, 5 of the 6 skills we do need for all those mighty morphs,shields and especially for the eagleeye(my fave buff,a landmark in uselessness) and the only skill we donot have to up is TS and that is reqed for the nanorechargers we have to use cause we re trying to be healers
    (and our horrible heal range also means that we need to cast more heals in a fight than others and the blue nanopool doesnt help a lot-blue is ok,we re not ubernano users by birth but because of the range i have to cast up to 3 spells sometimes where 1 should be enough)

I love when people argue that Adventurer's are not wannabe Doctors by saying "you have morphs!". LOL! I'd like to tell a Soldier or Agent or whatever "Okay -- don't run ANY of your buffs, and I'm gonna morph you so you can see what my 'buff' does, since other than this, all I have is the general +20 buffs!"
    we re the "most flexible" profession on the planet... we can use all of the genbuffs... oh..sorry everyone could use em right? that s why we called em genbuffs...umm but then ..a MP is much more flexible than us with all that stuff....ahh sorry again i forgot i was trying to play a profession that was never meant to leave the backyard ..... "You need to be lvl2,have 1000 creds or be non advent to exit to city" "BZZZT" "Sorry,you re an advent,you cant pass" "BZZZT" "I said you shal not pass" "BZZZZT"
    <gandalf mode on>
    "YOU SHAAAAALL NOOOOT PAAAAAAASSSSS!!!!!!!"
    <gandalf mode off>
    Last edited by Lacaan; Mar 9th, 2002 at 14:04:47.

...bump?

I'm kind of losing my fire. It seems like that for us on the advent board as well. We're stopping our suggestions (as we really can't think of any more that are realistic) and now we're starting to go at each other's throats, or just re-hasing old news for the sake of posting something while we wait and see what happens, or sharing ways that we have gotten around the problems and continued to play the game. Given, that is a general statement, but our board is not what it was two months ago, or longer. I think it results from a combination of having nothing else to say about the whole matter that hasn't been repeated several hundred times, the filtering in of new weapons, some advent-only, and the comment from a high-level Funcom official that we are going to be fixed eventually. (Hopefully before the game has been around a year, which will only be in a three months, I believe. I wouldn't know exactly, because I started in the first week of September.)

Just thought I'd bump this thread; I saw that it disappeared and it wouldn't hurt for it to surface again.

Oh yeah, and here are two ideas that haven't been tossed around a lot by advents that were thought up by other people:

1) Dual-wield specials. There has got to be something that a person can do with two swords or two guns that he/she can't do with just one. I don't want to make dual-wielding uber; I do expect that dual-wielding is more effective than single-wielding a weapon that can be dual-wielded. It does, after all, require ip. It would be nice to have specials added, even if just for the sake of style. I wouldn't want to see everybody and his brother running around with two *insert weapons here*'s like they currently are with shotguns. (I like your crack about "Shotgun Online", Lacaan. ) (This is Lacaan's idea [the dual-wield specials], as I first saw it.)

2) Weapon specials and such that are profession-only. Like anybody can use a Nova Flow, but a soldier should be able to do something with it that makes it rock even more. Sort of a balancing equivalent to profession-specific nanos (not everybody can nuke, but any nuker can use a shotgun [though to a less capable degree, I admit, than a trader]) that would make fighter-classes more interesting (they seem to be thought of as newbie classes sometimes and I think that that is wrong) and that wouldn't take away weapons from support classes that want to use something powerful. They should be able to, but fighter-classes should have more of an advantage with those powerful weapons than cheaper skills and higher attack rating. (I hear a lot of people saying that ip becomes more abundant in the high levels and the cheaper cost doesn't really matter, but I don't know personally as I am a mid-level character and always in an ip crunch.) Of course, an implementation such as this would probably require much balancing, but hey, it would be a welcome addition and perhaps would negate the need for new weapons (which adventurers need for their green skills). (This idea was mentioned by somebody before, but I don't remember who. I'm not taking credit for this idea.) {Edit: This idea is definitely not advent-only. The first one is geared more towards advents, who have their cheapest weapon skills in the two most dual-wieldable weapons classes, but it isn't advent-exclusive either.}

So, there you go. Kind of a long bump, I admit, but hey, this thread hasn't been visited in almost a month, so...
    Last edited by NightShade; Apr 3rd, 2002 at 05:14:55.

"I know you miss the Wainwrights, Bobby, but they were weak and stupid people - and that's why we have wolves and other large predators." - A caption from Gary Larson's The Far Side

Talking Resurface this thread! Bump for all you're worth!

Bump it! Bump it until it smashes into someone important!
    Give me liberty, or give me a bronto-burger (or kill me)!

Whaddevah," We will pillage your women and sodomize your towns!" Corny"The wise-cracking slayer of many!"
    Yahmuddah "Yeah, yours! Whatchagonnadoooo?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345