Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The coming OOC RPers Gathering!

Would love to attend, but can't be there until at least three hours later because of work

Have fun and please hold a weekend meeting
    Joseph "Votary" Zodiac - RK1 Clan Atrox MP
    I can summon pies (now mochams infused!)

"Holy Mocham!" - Votary

IMPORTANT INFO! READ IT!

Gods, can't miss out on all these people.

First I though .. "Sunday the 23rd!"
    And then I thought .. "Nah, that's the day of Ben and Trist's wedding and that PvP Contest."

And as I don't like these event things hanging too long before they happen, I thought that wednesday could work.
    Then I read the responses here, and then I checked the other events, and .. They're both due for the 29th!

This is a tad late for a change of time, I know I know, but I think it's necessary. I'll send private messages to those who have responded to this thread and I hope the word spreads to those who didn't post, but still wanted to meet up. The thread haven't been open for more than half a day, so I really hope this works.

New time is :

Sunday the 23rd! 21 GMT - and onwards from there.
    Last edited by Didymus; Mar 13th, 2003 at 12:37:52.
    Didymus - Solitus Trader, Member of Instability

Then Sunday it will be! I hope to be there still!

I be dere pahtna!
    Bliqz: "anything Uwen says is a vicious and ugly lie"

I started another thread on that timechange .. Hope everybody catches up on it.
    Ah well ..

It's .. *gasp* 5 in the morning!
    So, I suppose I should try to get at least an hour of sleep or so before I go to work ..
    *yawns*

Goodnight people ..

ooc

I'll be there, but I can't stay long, since Sunday is practically a weekday, and 21 GMT is 10 PM where I live. Which means rise and shine ridiculosly early the morning after. So it would be nice if there wasn't 1 hour of nothingness rather than constructive conversations .

Player of Lille

Come on, Lille .. You can stay up to 11PM at least, can't you? ..

I'm just done writing a badly written private message, copying 'n pasting it a lot and then sending it to everyone who posted before the event got moved .. I think.

Except a few who didn't accept Private Messages.
    They *should* know by now, though. Even without the messages.

Lille,

I think the aim is to keep it informal, so an 'hour of nothingness' is always a possibilty. If you are short on time, you might want to think beforehand at exactly you are looking to get out of this. For instance for a Clan player, this might be a chance to meet some talk to some Omni orgs to find someone you like to "roleplay against". If you've had a misunderstandings with an other org in the past, maybe its a chance to clear the air. You maybe its just a chance to meet someone you only know by reputation or over this message board.

Take the two of us, we've been active roleplayers for like forever, we often seem to agree on things, even our timezones aren't all the dissimilar and yet I am pretty sure we've never met in game. The fact of the matter is , being in-character can be a real pig when it comes to meeting people, which for me is what this event is all about.

Anyway, new time and date is fine by me.
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Oh, I can stay up to later than 11 PM, Didy. But I can't stay up till 2 AM

And yes, savoy, I understand this is an OOC meeting, and that informality is our friend that night. That's all good. But I imagine there's a deeper purpose of meeting ooc'ly, like the reasons you mentioned, Savoy. I want to talk about what we should do in the coming months, how we can share our events easier, how we can get hold of the new roleplayers and so on. I do want to meet the fine people of this forum and all the others who don't speak up as much.

What I don't want is hours of pies, internal jokes and who marries who rumours...

Anyway, I'll be there. With tiny bells on, even

Player of Lille
    Last edited by Tussa; Mar 13th, 2003 at 13:35:27.

((Will try to be there then.

Would be easier if I hadn't an exam the day after, but.... *shrugs*))
    Jen Markarian - Put the weirdness back in Omni-Mining
    Updating my stories -- 19/03/08. Going slowly, but certainly
    Anarchy Reloaded - AO webcomics for the sake of being silly

I never want to lose what I have finally found
    There's a requiem
    A new congregation
    And it's telling me: go forward and walk
    Under a brighter sky
    -- Delerium, Euphoria --

Thumbs up Count me in

Well - lemme check my calendar *flashes through 200 empty pages, then throws the calender over one shoulder* I'm there! - and hopefully I'll bring whatever I can find from allies and guildies :-)

~Zionai

I will be there. This is a priority event for me. Enjoy the view, it will be the only time on rubi ka that i might even consider wearing a propeller beanie and drink hit the floor jack with a leet piss chaser.

I see three things I personally would like to accomplish:

1) A chance to see the player behind the mask, to realize we are all humans and pretty decent people, even though some of us try to play our avatars otherwise. A chance to pass out huggles freely that otherwise would be never given.

2) The ability to plan for future deeper RP conflict between the factions. A story is only as good as its conflict. A story without conflict iis called a documentary, and not a very exciting one at that.

3) The ability to see the potentially largest cross section of people actually concerned with driving the storyline to know who we have to work with (or against, depending on story and faction).
    Last edited by Exalt; Mar 13th, 2003 at 17:43:21.
    By my fists you shall be exalted.

Much better time I will be there
    Joseph "Votary" Zodiac - RK1 Clan Atrox MP
    I can summon pies (now mochams infused!)

"Holy Mocham!" - Votary

Spread the word!

Glad to see so much enthusiasm regarding the event.

I will spread the word on the clan leaders channel every now and then.
    I was wondering if someone omni and neutral could do the same.

Although the event is primarily a way for people to get together, say hi and exchange ideas and so on, I'm sure noone would mind a little entertainment. The place is big enough to find some peace and quiet should one wish to do so ..

For now, there will be a GSP DJ there and ..
    Well, two dancing atroxes.

So, if you have any grand ideas or things you would want to happen at the Reet's that sunday, feel free to post your ideas here ..

Thank you!

So there will be two dancing Atroxes will there!?!

*looks over at Tiedemann*

And who might those be Didymus?
    Have you once again been running around promising our services without asking us first?

*scowls at Didymus and grins*

I warned you what was gonna happend when you did that next time.

*laughs his evil laugh*

Mmwwoooaaarhhharrhhaaarhhhrrr
    Doser Enforcer living the good life
    Queijin Trader in the making
    Kvest Bureaucrat on the long way to the top
    Furia Fixer and gimp extraordinaire, retired and as good as buried

Finally back and a happy member of Adrenaline Rush

Err ..

Didymus starts sweating and swallows hard.
    Of course, I didn't mean you two.
    I meant .. some .. other .. atroxes.

Actually, I just thought that probably, two atroxes will dance at the same time at the reets.
    Not a *thing*, just .. uhm, dancing.

Event Calendar

I've tried submitting the event to the event calendar, and ..
    Well, it says it could take up to 3 days. It's taken way more than that, so ..

I'll try submitting again. Until it gets there, I'd especially like to keep this thread up and going.

So, shameless bump!

*pouts* I can't make it.. please log it someone.. please please with sugar on top. *big begging puppy eyes*
    President Anisha "Trisagiona" Kenley of the Desert Winds

"Here is the price of freedom:
    Your every drop of courage,
    ounce of pain, pint of blood.
    Paid in advance."

It won't be a strict meeting as such,
    so .. There's no point trying to log any of it ..

But, uhm .. I'll get some screenies.

Originally posted by Didymus
    Sunday the 23rd! 21 GMT - and onwards from there.
    Hummm..Lets see...USA EST is GMT-5...mumble...carry the 4...mumble...Stupid new math...2 negatives equal a positive...mumble...EUREKA!!~

43 o'clock!

I have GOT to get to Miiir!
    Bliqz, Agent, Omni, Atlantean, "Iron Chef of Rubi-Ka"
    God is a bullet.

((The IC only RP forum is back. Bliqz is an Omni Extremist, and his posts IN THAT FORUM reflect that attitude. I can be reached by PM if you feel I have personaly offended you, and I will be happy to change/temper my post. Thank you, and have fun!))

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast